╌>

Uh oh....Chaffetz on to Mar-A-Lago now!

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur    7 years ago
If this is for real, possibly Republicans are feeling the heat and want to distance themselves from Mr. Trump before they are buried by a shit storm instead of bringing one.
I will be looking for more on this … either way … real or fake … I will share what I learn.
Is this a "Dear Donald" letter? I hope to find out.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

Interesting...

I've read several articles today about how various republican representatives and judges want to impeach Trump.  Maybe they're tired of him, too.  Already.

Lucy
Freshman Silent
link   Lucy  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

C'mon Dowser... give the republicans some credit.  They didn't do their job, either, and are shakin' in their boots that their butts will be next to go during midterm elections.

The people are annoyed...  and the elected the one that would annoy and scare politicians the most--Trump.

Personally, I love the scared look politicians are sporting since the election.  Trump does not seem interested in kissing butt.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Lucy   7 years ago

I give a lot of credit to the republicans I know in my personal life.  They're sane-- just normal folks.  The only truly rabid republicans I know are here on NT.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Lucy   7 years ago

Trump does not seem interested in kissing butt.

Unless it's his own.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

Trump does not seem interested in kissing butt.

Unless it's his own.

Unless one is Put-in his face.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

Chaffetz had a really bad town hall meeting the other day. Maybe he's getting the drift that he might actually have to do his job.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Yes he did have a very boisterous and angry crowd to deal with, and he is on the hot seat.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Chaffetz was reelected  by about a 50 points margin.  I doubt some paid protesters concern him much at all. 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  Sean Treacy   7 years ago

Chaffetz was reelected  by about a 50 points margin.  I doubt some paid protesters concern him much at all. 

I doubt the objectivity of those who buy the most irrational of party lines.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

Republicans now have a perfect "excuse" to impeach Trump.

Right thing for the wrong reason, but …

… because Trump allowed Pence to be embarrassed by keeping hm out of the loop regarding Flynn … and who knows what else … Republican members of Congress can rationalize to their base, that …

"Pence, who is miles ahead of Trump regarding experience in government, temperament and integrity, has been stupidly, even dangerously, kept at arms length and in the dark by narcissistic, egomaniacal Donald Trump; this Trump character-flaw not only fails to make the most of the experience of those near to him … WORSE … it recklessly and needlessly endangers America!"

Don't get me wrong, I am no fan of Mike Pence, but, IMO, as the lesser of two evils, he gives the heretofore gutless, partisan Republicans, both rhyme and reason to join with Democrats and Independents … to throw the bum out!

What say you?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Luckily, the constitution protects us from madmen who want to overthrow a president for no reason other than dislike.  

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  Sean Treacy   7 years ago

Luckily, the constitution protects us from madmen who want to overthrow a president for no reason other than dislike.  

If only we had equal levels of protection from deniers and apologists.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sean Treacy   7 years ago

"Luckily, the constitution protects us from madmen who want to overthrow a president for no reason other than dislike." 

Or the loss of the candidate they wanted to win and had been assured would win.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson  replied to  Sean Treacy   7 years ago

to overthrow a president for no reason other than dislike.  

That's a bit dramatic. No one wants that. And the reasons people are upset go way deeper than simple "dislike". I would enumerate them if I thought they wouldn't be summarily dismissed.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

There was just a story on the news that Pence is demanding to know who kept him out of the loop.

Should be interesting.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

May HE will resign too then.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Doesn't it strike you as unusual that the Vice President is kept out of the loop on Flynn, Buzz?

Especially when Pence defends Flynn while the rest of the administration knew that there was a problem with Flynn.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Abslolutely, Kavika, unless the whole thing was a made-up scenario, and I don't think that would be proper either.

By the way, hopefully demetia is not approaching. I thought I had written "Maybe HE will resign too then" and then didn't notice that I had only written "May" instead of "Maybe".  I am really going to have to focus on proofreading what I write better. But then, could it have been a Freudian slip and I was subconsciously thinking: "May he resign too then."?

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

We're both old Buzz, so I have no problem understanding what you wrote.Wink

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

The VP has always been a strange job with vague responsibilities. I have no problem believing Trump kept Pence out of the loop.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

Were it not for the wire taps, intercepts, recordings and transcripts of calls between Trump Campaign operatives and Russian Intelligence officers, I would be concerned that a Jeff Sessions Justice Department/FBI would either slow walk or quash related investigations or even destroy evidence.

But apparently, some of America's foreign allies also have relevant information and are conducting their own (albeit, of course unofficial) investigations; understandable Given Trump's and Putin's objective to destroy NATO … and other fears.

Stay tuned … this news should hit soon.

By the way, despite what I posted earlier about Pence being out of the loop … the cynic in me is not 100% convinced of my own speculation about that.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

I thought that the more recent news was that Trump agreed that NATO was a good thing.

"By the way, despite what I posted earlier about Pence being out of the loop … the cynic in me is not 100% convinced of my own speculation about that."

Until the past few years I became more cynical about American politics and politicians myself. Even the classic movie "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" indicated what happens to an honest man when he involves himself in American politics, and how long ago was that movie made?

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Longer ago than when an honest man served in DC...