╌>

Steve King: Geert Wilders tweet sparks a social media backlash

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  randy  •  7 years ago  •  64 comments

Steve King: Geert Wilders tweet sparks a social media backlash

assholeking.jpg

Senior Republican congressman Steve King has sparked a backlash on social media after tweeting his support for the Dutch anti-Islam politician, Geert Wilders.

"Wilders understands that culture and demographics are our destiny," Mr King wrote on Twitter.

"We can't restore our civilisation with somebody else's babies," he added.

The US Republican Representative of Iowa is a strong advocate of putting a stop to birthright citizenship.

All children born in the US currently get citizenship under the constitution, including the children of families living in America illegally.

Mr King has pushed for radical reform of the interpretation of the 14th amendment of the US constitution so that it no longer gives the children of undocumented migrants the right to a US passport.

Silence from Republicans - by Anthony Zurcher, BBC News, Washington

It seems Donald Trump is not the only politician who can bring social media to a screeching halt with an inflammatory tweet. Congressman Steve King has a history of walking on the edge of white nationalist rhetoric, and on Sunday afternoon he once again hit the hornet's nest, perhaps in his most direct manner yet.

The outrage from Democratic politicians and commentators across the political spectrum was quick, ferocious and entirely expected. The bluntness of Mr King's message, the talk of "our destiny" and "other people's babies", ensured a vigorous response.

Of greater interest will be how Republican officeholders handle the controversy. So far they have remained silent. That may be increasingly difficult, as this is yet another indication of the growing bonds between the Trump wing of the Republican Party and white nationalist movements in Europe.

Breitbart, the conservative media outlet recently headed by White House senior advisor Steve Bannon, often sings the praises of Mr Wilders, as well as France's Marine Le Pen and Frauke Petry, leader of the Alternative for Germany Party.

Mr Bannon has predicted the coming of a new "alt-right" order that will disrupt politics across the West. The question is whether establishment Republicans stay along for the ride.

America's extremist battle: antifa v alt-right

Who is Donald Trump's chief strategist?

Mr King's comments in support of Mr Wilders on Sunday led to accusations that he was "openly peddling white nationalism".

His post was retweeted by the former leader of the Ku Klux Klan, David Duke, with the words "sanity reigns supreme".

Mr Duke later tweeted: "God bless Steve King."

David Duke:

But many were quick to denounce Mr King, including former US President Bill Clinton's daughter, Chelsea Clinton, who described the Republican's comments as "painful".

Speaking to the BBC's Adam Smith last year , Mr King said that "millions" of people were expected to enter the US "illegally and unlawfully" in the years to come, with "a birth rate that exceeds that of the American citizen by a factor of two or more".

"That their children would all be citizens would be beyond the pale of the imagination of the people who ratified the 14th amendment," he said.

Mr Wilders, whose populist Freedom Party is expected to do well in Dutch parliamentary elections on Wednesday, has been under 24-hour police protection for more than a decade due to death threats.

He was found guilty of hate speech over his promise to reduce the number of Moroccans in the country last year but no penalty was imposed.

Chelsea Clinton writes on Twitter:

Former independent presidential candidate writes:

Twitter user Dan Pfeiffer writes:

Twitter user Reid Ribble writes:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39250251

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   seeder  Randy    7 years ago

White Nationalism is quickly getting out of control and King is only part of the problem. The leader of it in America is Steve Bannon helped by Steve Miller. Both are becoming more and more dangerous to American freedom and democracy everyday. They are a cancer that needs to be removed. White Nationalism is, by it's very nature, both un-American and anti-American. Anyone who follows it's teachings and precepts is not an American any longer. They have given up their right to be called an American. They are part of a group seeking to overthrow America by unConstitutional means. That makes them enemies of America and American values and Democracy.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

Since the birthrate for white Americans is not keeping up with the death rate, those ''babies'' will be making America great and colorful..Laugh

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   seeder  Randy  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

I know and the browning of America is what is scaring the shit out of these assholes. What they don't realize is that it is far, far, far past the tipping point and short of death camps there is nothing they can do to stop White people from becoming a minority in the relatively near future!Laugh

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

Reid Ribble's tweet "there goes the melting pot and 200 years of US history"  should be taken seriously, because upon noticing what is happening in Europe and elsewhere, I'm not so sure he's wrong.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   seeder  Randy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

I think it's even more of a melting pot, except in this case instead of it being Irish or Poles or Italians or Canadians and Finns (in my case), it's mostly Hispanics. It's just more ingredients to the stew and it's what makes America strong. America doesn't have to be majority White to be a strong and great country, in spite of what that racist Steve King thinks.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

My comment was aimed at those who try to change the way of life of the country they immigrate to in order to suit themselves, rather than trying to assimilate into the local lifestyle. IMO it's getting serious in Europe where the powers to be are actually encouraging it rather than preventing it, and I believe that is already starting to happen in North America.

To me, "melting pot" means assimilation at least to the extent of not conflicting with or attacking the existing way of life in a country.

Randy
Sophomore Participates

I think that assimilation is an evolving generational thing. The first generation of a family of immigrants of whatever nation, let's say Mexico, lives with other Mexicans in predominately Mexican neighborhoods and mostly speak Spanish, especially the older ones, parents and grandparents. The next generation, the one who were very young when they came here or were born here are much more Americanized. They speak Spanish at home with their family and maybe with friends, but are almost to a person fluently bilingual. Their children as they become adults speak Spanish rarely and tend to be the generation that moves out of the old neighborhood and into other neighborhoods. They're usually much better educated (immigrant families from any nation tend to be fanatical about education), have better jobs and want to move closer to work or into nicer housing.

Their children may not speak Spanish at all and are as American and are as assimilated to this county as I am and I'm only a 2nd generation American on both sides. All of my Grandparents were born in other countries. All of them were fluent in their first languages (of course) and all in other languages also (my grandpa Ranta, my mother's father, spoke 6). I only know how to speak English, only English, because that's all they would speak around their children and grandchildren.

People always complain that new immigrants, from ANY COUNTRY OR CULTURE, won't assimilate, but it takes a few generations and yes there is usually some change that they make from their culture, something great left behind, like Cinco De Mayo or St. Patrick's Day, which adds to the fabric of America. All immigrants assimilate eventually because they are all here for the American dream. For a new start in a new magic land where if they do their best, including as much assimilation as possible, anything they want is possible. And THAT is the melting pot and THAT is what makes us a strong nation. E Pluribus Unum.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

Your comment is applicable for the immigrants who mind their own culture or add something beneficial to a local culture rather than trying to change the common culture to suit themselves.

I'm only a first generation Canadian, being born there, but my parents were immigrants.  Besides English they spoke at least two other languages which they used only when they didn't want me to know what they were saying. Because of that they became fluent in English, and I never learned the mother tongues that they knew, so obviously English is my main language, with extremely limited French, which we had to learn in high school.

Randy
Sophomore Participates

Well there are always cultures that stick closer to their old ways, especially religiously. When we lived in L.A we lived just off La Brea on the West Hollywood/Hollywood line for 4 years. Many times we would drive South from Sunset on La Brea to pick up Wilshire or (more often) Olympic to head out to Western L.A. through Beverly Hills because it was easier traffic then Santa Monica Blvd and avoiding the congestion of West Hollywood. After living there a while I noticed something. As we got about 7 or 8 blocks South on La Brea on Saturdays there were a great many observant Jews walking on the sidewalks, dressed in black, some with big hats, women with long sleeves, etc. and going into the various centers, a nursing home and Temples over about a four or five block long area. I also noticed something else. The Walk/Don't Walk lights to get from one side of La Brea to another and all of the side streets in that area used a push button to make them work. Except on Saturdays. On Saturdays the city had set the Walk/Don't Walk signs on automatic, so they could cross the street safely without having to push the button, which of course they were forbidden to do. Sometimes it's acceptable, nice even, to let people keep some of their culture, even if it changes the more common culture. Sometimes a little understanding and adaptation is good for everyone.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

Did the automatic-changing walk signs cause you any great inconvenience, or require you to make unwanted changes to your rights and freedoms?  For example, did the "black hats" (which is what they are sometimes known) cause a change in the foods served in school cafeterias, demanding that they be Kosher or no longer include pork products or require you to curtail your First Amendment rights? Did they stand outside wine stores and harrass you for buying wine? I won't continue with this topic because it's not going to lead anywhere friendly. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates

Man, you have changed and not in a good way. You're right. Let's drop it. Scheeeech!

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   96WS6  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

The point Buzz makes is valid Randy.   I have seen it first hand.  You don't have to take my word for it either.  Put on a Jesus saves T-shirt and walk down grand river in Dearborn MI can see if you make it more than 2 blocks.   No joke.   They HAVE changed the food that can be served in Dearborn Schools (you won't be eating any pork there)   They are trying to force schools to teach Islam, and ONLY Islam in schools.

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   Jonathan P  replied to  96WS6   7 years ago

Randy would prefer that you draw an equivalence between the pockets of black hats that number in the tens of thousands to a worldwide movement of tens of millions.

There is no equivalence, and there are no numbers that support this "theory". It's a grope at political correctness, and it's part of the growing problem.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  96WS6   7 years ago

I believe it.  But to me it's no different than what we experience from the religious faction in our country trying to get prayer reinstated in schools, pro life antics either murdering caregivers or enacting legislation to require women to wait or watch abortion films.  How about no issuing marriage licenses to gay couples.  

Religion is the enemy no matter where it comes from.  It starts out with good intentions but quickly is perverted into something hateful and dangerous.  

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   Jonathan P  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

I agree 100%. So let's pan over to Europe, and examine the effect of mass migration to their country, of people that refuse to become Swedes or Brits or Norweigian, but circle themselves into communities where they resist assimilation. What is the effect of this on their society? What is the effect on the fiber of their nations' way of life? What can we learn from this? Do we wish the same for our country? Do we want something different? How do we go about it?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Jonathan P   7 years ago

Are there not pockets of ethnicity in America that have been around for numerous generations?  Isn't that integral to the fabric of the American melting pot?

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

Tell me it isn't true...LOL, of course there are huge pockets of ''those people''. Here is a list of just NYC.

OMG, some of the enclaves are white....

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   96WS6  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Kav and Hal,

Yes there are "ethnicity pockets"  Places where ethnic people display their ethnicity like China town, Greek town, ext....  This is VERY DIFFERENT than trying to CHANGE the COUNTRY to YOUR ethnic background, AND ENFORCING it..

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  96WS6   7 years ago

IMG_6871.JPG

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  96WS6   7 years ago

Ever been to Little Saigon, 96? Or better yet an Indian Rez?

When I went to school, on Fridays the cafeteria didn't serve meat. It was fish in respect to the Catholics. Jewish kids got their special days off as well.....

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   Jonathan P  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

So then, do we want more, the same or less of these situations?

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Jonathan P   7 years ago

I don't see them as a problem, Jon.

Perhaps you do, but that's your choice.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

I like Chinatown, and Hungarian village restaurants, and visiting the Amanda colonies .  That is America.

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   Jonathan P  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

Indeed, those have been around for more than 100 years. They have become part of society. And to an extent, they keep to themselves. But they sent their kids to public schools, and I met many of them in college, and interacted with these people in the workplace. Is there any prospect of that in Europe? Do they not want their own schools, and their own sets of laws and to otherwise not have anything to do with the society that has taken them in? Are they also not taking significant amounts of welfare and social aid from their host country?

Could you not pretend that this is not going to shape up as the continuation of the American dream?

Kavika
Professor Principal

Jon, some of those here have there own schools...Koreans, Japanese, etc etc.

And the Vietnamese haven't been her for hundreds of years, and neither have the Koreans or Japanese.

Europe isn't America. If your so concerned I would suggest that you not visit any of those countries.

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   Jonathan P  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Jon, some of those here have there own schools...Koreans, Japanese, etc etc.

I was not aware of that. That said, I would venture to say that their education system prepares them for an American multicultural experience, as shown by their assimilation into the work force.

And the Vietnamese haven't been her for hundreds of years, and neither have the Koreans or Japanese.

I wrote ABOUT 100, in response to Chinatown and Little Italy. The Koreans are more than 60. The Vietnamese are coming up on 50.

Kavika
Professor Principal

That's isn't why they have there own schools, Jon....One of the main reasons is that they want to keep their language/culture. And many believe that the American school system stinks.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

I don't have a problem with different cultures wanting to maintain their culture.  But they need to be tolerant of others and I think they should identify as American first if they are a citizen.    

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jonathan P   7 years ago

Jonathan,

You can't talk about the US and Europe in the same way of mass immigration. The Europeans nations are much smaller and the people who came over there, didn't come under duress. The ones they have the biggest problem with are the ones that have been there for at least 1 generation, and never integrated, and part of that is how their countries feel about them in the first place. They let these people in because of guilt over colonialism, but really their attitudes never changed about them...  

Also define mass immigration. 

Finally, you do know that at the turn of the last century, they said the same thing about Jews here. 

Image result for 1900's cartoons anti jewish immigration

I am all for proper vetting and not accepting more than we can handle, but I also remember the St. Louis. 

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   Jonathan P  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

Alright, I'm not an expert on immigration, whether it be mass immigration or one immigrant at a time. What I would like is for some tiny measure of gratitude, and not have them badmouth us, despite welcoming them in. I would like them to take a path that brings them into the ranks of the employed, rather than having to support them. I have absolutely no objection to a culture/religion taking measures to preserve that culture/religion.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   seeder  Randy  replied to  Jonathan P   7 years ago

Every immigrant I have met and I have met many, were grateful to be here in America and not a single one of them bad mouthed this country or the people already here. Some of them worked two or three jobs to support their families. I never met a single one that I felt like I was supporting. Even the illegal ones who were always in front of the Home Depot in Hollywood I had respect for, because at least they were trying to get work. They wanted to work. They were not taking. All they wanted and asked for was a chance.

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   Jonathan P  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

As I wrote, I have absolutely no objection to inviting people in who will be proud American citizens, working hard to achieve the dreams that they could never hope for in their home countries.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   seeder  Randy  replied to  Jonathan P   7 years ago

We couldn't agree more.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jonathan P   7 years ago

What I would like is for some tiny measure of gratitude, and not have them badmouth us, despite welcoming them in. I would like them to take a path that brings them into the ranks of the employed, rather than having to support them.

Then we are on the same page. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

Isn't Dearborn MI the home to all those ''Mooslims''

Interesting that they unemployment rate in Dearborn is lower than Michigan in general the the U.S. rate..

Moderate Unemployment Area
Dearborn, MI Current Unemployment - 3.7%
2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1993 1992 1991 1990 Dearborn, MI Unemployment Rate

Month/Year Dearborn, MI% Michigan% National %
1 / 2016 4.3% 5.1% 4.9%
2 / 2016 4.1% 5.1% 4.9%
3 / 2016 4.2% 5.3% 5.0%
4 / 2016 3.4% 4.5% 5.0%
5 / 2016 3.7% 4.5% 4.7%
6 / 2016 4.5% 5.2% 4.9%
7 / 2016 4.8% 5.8% 4.9%
8 / 2016 4.8% 5.2% 4.9%
9 / 2016 4.3% 4.8% 4.9%
10 / 2016 4.3% 4.8% 4.8%
11 / 2016 3.9% 4.2% 4.6%
12 / 2016 3.7% 4.5%

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

I'm curious if anyone has mentally put themselves in their shoes.  Imagine the US somehow gets turned into a wasteland - say a group of meteorites enters earth's atmosphere and land in North America, causing widespread damage and creating a crisis where Americans are the refugees.  How would Americans react to being invited into a Muslim country, and expected to assimilate?

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent

You're curious about that, and yet NOT curious as to why the other, geographically closer Muslim nations do not welcome their beleaguered Muslim brethren in. It would be more natural for the other nations to welcome the refugees. It would show the brotherhood of these nations.

That fact is that there's nothing to think about. They don't allow immigration, even of their own, even in dire humanitarian situations. And if they're not letting their own in, they're not letting us in.

Nothing to be curious about.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent

It's a nice article, Hal. But there are millions of refugees in the EU, and the flow continues. And as far as assimilation, they have a rather dubious reputation, as indicated by Palestinian refugee camps dating back to the 1950s.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

I've traveled to Europe many times.  I think I mentioned some time ago that when I was on assignment in Europe I had my mother bring my sons over to stay for several weeks and she would be there to watch them during the day while I worked.  The language was primarily French with very little English depending on where you traveled.  I learned French before I went but even my ability was limited.  My mother and my boys knew no french so it was extremely challenging for them.  My point is they learned first hand being in a Country where they didn't speak the language how isolating it is.  Some people were very gracious and tried to help them but others were not so tolerant.  They found the experience at times intimidating.  Now they see immigration very differently and are very sympathetic and they go out of their way to make those who struggle with English to feel welcomed here. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Jonathan P   7 years ago

I think we're confusing religion with culture.  Diversity is a good thing it provokes thought.  Religion is absolute (imo) and it isn't open to discussion or modification.  

I'm a proponent to immigration reform and always have been.  I think we are still learning how these muslim communities are adapting or whether they are exercising tolerance with other religions/cultures.  

Another element we need to consider is the Country itself.  Germany, France, Britain or Sweden are NOT America.  Their policies, cultures, and way of life are different from America.  That's why we visit their country and vice versa.  

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   seeder  Randy  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

Are there not pockets of ethnicity in America that have been around for numerous generations?  Isn't that integral to the fabric of the American melting pot?

THAT is the point I was trying to make! Right there! That point! Exactly that!

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   96WS6  replied to  Jonathan P   7 years ago

"So let's pan over to Europe, and examine the effect of mass migration to their country, of people that refuse to become Swedes or Brits or Norweigian, but circle themselves into communities where they resist assimilation. What is the effect of this on their society? What is the effect on the fiber of their nations' way of life?"

Easier said than done.   Sweden will not report ethnicity of perpetrators that carry out violent crime and neither will Germany.   Remember Germany's rape fest?      Unfortunately, the politicians are leading the sheep to the slaughter in this respect as they try to minimize their own political damage caused by their policies by hiding the truth and thereby aiding the enemy.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   seeder  Randy    7 years ago

Former Congressman Joe Walsh was just on Hardball and tried to defend King by saying that this was not about Racism, but about Culture. Well in a sense he is right. It's about White Culture! Those "somebody else's babies" King was talking about were not White Babies! They were Hispanic babies! Even most other Republicans were scrambling today to distance themselves from King's racism.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    7 years ago

Finally- MAGA!  

If people want to know why republicans attack planned parenthood and what the pro life objective is look no further.  It's all about replenishing the white population.  Republicans know that the key to the white population IS women.  That's why they are so concerned about our bodies.  We are incubators to them.  

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

No babies here. LOL

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

Huh?

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    7 years ago

Immigration or Invasion?

What’s happening is not a Germanization of Islam, but an Islamization of Germany—and other European countries

Europe’s embrace of mass immigration can be explained in part by guilt from the Nazi era. It’s no coincidence that Germany, which has the most guilt to deal with, has pledged to take in the most refugees.

But other European nations are not free of guilt. Some of them collaborated with the Nazis, and even those who didn’t feel a need to expiate for the sin of European anti-Semitism.

The irony is that Europe’s current welcoming policy toward immigrants and refugees seems destined to bring about the very fate it is intended to avoid. European governments have decided that the best way to expunge any trace of racism or xenophobia is to invite into their midst people who are as far removed from European culture and tradition as it is possible to be. The reasoning seems to go as follows: if Europeans persecuted the Jews for their “otherness,” they can make up for it by accepting millions of “new Jews”—not actual Jews, but people who by reason of their otherness can stand in as proxies for the Jews.

The problem is that the “new Jews” are on the whole decidedly anti-Semitic. Europe’s atonement for its past anti-Semitism is to invite into the continent the most anti-Semitic people on the planet. It’s no secret that the majority of the refugees and immigrants now pouring into Europe are Muslims. What’s more, many of these Muslims are from the Middle East and North Africa (“MENA”), the most anti-Semitic portion of the Muslim world.

According to a 2014 poll conducted by the Anti-Defamation League, 74 percent of those polled in MENA had anti-Semitic attitudes. The top ten in the  ADL Global Index  are:

• West Bank and Gaza— 93 percent of the adult population holds anti-Semitic views.
• Yemen— 88 percent
• Algeria— 87 percent
• Libya— 87 percent
• Tunisia— 86 percent
• Kuwait— 82 percent
• Bahrain— 81 percent
• Jordan— 81 percent
• Morocco— 80 percent

In short, the “new Jews” are reminiscent of the old Nazis. In fact, Hitler is considered a hero in many of the MENA countries, and  Mein Kampf  is a popular book. In a  2009 statement , Sheik Yusuf al-Qaradawi, one of the most popular and influential spiritual leaders in the Muslim world, called the Holocaust “a divine punishment” of Jews, and prayed that the “believers” would finish the job started by Hitler.

For a continent which is dedicated to the proposition that what happened to the Jews must “never again” happen, it seems odd to lay out the red carpet for people who are dedicated to finishing Hitler’s work. Here it seems appropriate to add the obligatory qualifier and note that of course not every Muslim hates Jews. But, then, neither did every German in the Nazi period hate Jews. And certainly many of them never endorsed the final solution to the “Jewish problem.” Still, as the German experience showed, a dedicated minority can wreak havoc if the majority are willing to stand by and look the other way. Given the results of the ADL poll, a large number of Muslims might be willing to avert their eyes. And in Germany, Muslims already outnumber Jews by about forty to one.

There might be less to worry about if Germany took pains to assimilate its growing Muslim population. But the guilt hangover from World War II mandates that the multicultural other be given special treatment. And one way of showing respect for the other is to absolve him of any duty to assimilate. To ask the other to assimilate implies that you think your culture is better than his—which, of course, would be a major social blunder. As a result, in Germany and elsewhere in Europe, parallel Muslim cultures with separate rules and institutions have grown up alongside the native cultures.

What’s happening is not a Germanization of Islam, but an Islamization of Germany. As Germany braces to receive some 800,000 refugees and migrants this year (a four-fold increase over 2014), very little is being done to acquaint them with Western standards of behavior. Instead, Muslim have turned urban areas into  de facto  “no-go” zones, polygamy is commonplace, sharia courts operate in all big cities, and churches are being turned into mosques. Moreover, rather than undertake the difficult task of integrating young people into Western society, Germany, according to  one report , is “handing over the religious education of the next generation of German Muslims to Islamist radicals.”

One could counter that it’s not easy for the government to oversee what’s being taught in the madrassas, but Vijeta Uniyal, the author of the report, isn’t talking about madrassas, he’s referring to the public schools. In a number of German states, the Islamic Studies program has been given over to the Turkish-Islamic Union for Religious Affairs (DITIB). The organization, which has close ties to Turkey’s Islamist party, the AKP, oversees the writing of textbooks, the selection of teachers, and the content of the curriculum. Given the anti-Semitic leanings of the AKP leadership, one wonders how their friends in the DITIB deal with such a sensitive topic as the Holocaust.

Or will they have to address the subject at all? In the  state of Bavaria , it’s been proposed that Muslim students should be exempt from mandatory visits to former concentration camps. The stated reason is that children from Muslim families have no connection to the German past. Yet one of the chief architects of the final solution—a man who worked closely with Eichmann and Himmler—was Hajj Amin al-Husseini, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, and one of the most prominent and influential Muslims of the time. Moreover, as the ADL poll shows, anti-Semitism is still very much alive in the Middle East. In short, the students who are likely in most need of Holocaust education are the ones least likely to receive it.

Muslims are exempt from Holocaust education by reason of the excuse that they have no connection with the German past. But very little is being done to give them a connection with the German present. Consequently, a lot of German Muslims don’t connect with propositions which most Germans take for granted—that all men are created equal, and that sort of thing. Thus, thanks to the twisted logic of multiculturalism, a new European holocaust may be in the making, with Germany once again at its center.

The target of the new holocaust, however, may not necessarily be Jews. That’s for the simple reason that Jews are leaving Europe in large numbers. Having taken note of multiple attacks on Jewish synagogues, businesses, and individuals, many have decided not to wait around to see how Europe’s experiment with Muslim immigration turns out.

In the absence of Jews, Muslim supremacists have always been able to find other targets for their enmity—pagans, Zoroastrians, Hindus, Buddhists, Amadiyyah, and Christians. One needn’t consult the history books to notice. Boko Haram is waging war on Christians in Nigeria, and the Islamic State is conducting a holocaust against the Christians and Yazidis of Iraq and Syria. The Muslims trekking north into Europe not only carry the seeds of anti-Semitism, they also carry the seeds of animosity toward non-Muslims in general. A popular slogan in the Middle East is “first comes Saturday, then comes Sunday.” It means that after the Muslims have finished with the Jews, they will come after the Christians. But what if—as is increasingly the case in Europe—the Jews are no longer around? In that case, the secondary target will likely become the primary one.

As  Barry Shaw , a Mid-East analyst, recently observed of the migrants, “these people do not escape the Middle East, they bring the Middle East with them.” If the history of Muslim migrations teaches us anything, it’s that Muslims do not assimilate to existing cultures and religions; rather they become the culture and religion of the lands they migrate to. The first Muslim migration was the  hijra —the relocation of Muhammad and his followers from Mecca to Medina in 622 AD. Muhammad didn’t come to Medina in order to integrate, he came to dominate. In a relatively short time, he expelled or killed the Jews in Medina and established Islam as the only religion in the region.

Muhammad’s use of migration as an instrument of Islamization became the model for subsequent  hijras . It still is today. In a  1974 speech  at the United Nations, former Algerian President Houari Boumedienne proclaimed:

One day, millions of men will leave the Southern Hemisphere to go to the Northern Hemisphere. And they will not go there as friends. Because they will go there to conquer it. And they will conquer it with their sons. The wombs of our women will give us victory.

The massive relocation he predicted has already begun and it’s being hastened along by Europe’s massive guilt complex.  Saudi Arabia  is also lending a hand. It recently offered to build 200 mosques for Syrian refugees in Germany. Saudi Arabia does not, of course, allow Christian churches to be built on its soil. But why, you may wonder, don’t they build 200 mosques for Syrians in Arabia? They would be cheaper to build and it would be much more convenient for the Syrians.

The reason that the Saudis don’t want the Syrians is that they fear the instability that might ensue. They also fear that jihadists might mix in with the refugees. Many Europeans have the same fears, but they have little say in what happens to them. What is happening to them, as the Saudis understand is a  hijra —a slow-motion conquest by migration. Or, more accurately, migration combined with maternity—the war of the wombs that Boumedienne predicted. It is a war that Europe is fast losing.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

You can expect this to be ridiculed by you know who. And as Santanyana said "Those who ignore history are bound to repeat it", and those who ignore the writing on the wall are going to regret that they ignored it.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   96WS6  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

These are the facts that for some reason Germany wants to keep secret.  They are also following BO's lead on not calling Islamic terrorism what it is and even taking it a step further.  They don't indicate the race or religion or perpetrators when violent crime is committed, just like Sweden does.   They are purposely and literally turning citizens into sheep for the slaughter in order to save their own political hides.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    7 years ago

Grown men attacking babies.  How noble.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna    7 years ago

I've been out of the prediction game since the election, but I'm going back to predict no GOP leader will condemn Steve King.

A$$hole!

Why are politicians so f*cking stupid?

No GOP will condemn King? 

Early Monday, Republican Party of Iowa Chairman Jeff Kaufmann released a statement disagreeing with King and condemning Duke.

“First of all, I do not agree with Congressman King's statement. We are a nation of immigrants, and diversity is the strength of any nation and any community,” Kaufmann said. “Regarding David Duke, his words and sentiments are absolute garbage. He is not welcome in our wonderful state.”

No wonder politicians have such low credibility!

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

I've been out of the prediction game since the election, but I'm going back to predict no GOP leader will condemn Steve King.

A$$hole!

Why are politicians so f*cking stupid?

No GOP will condemn King? 

Early Monday,  Republican Party of Iowa Chairman  Jeff Kaufmann released a statement disagreeing with King and condemning Duke.

“First of all, I do not agree with Congressman King's statement. We are a nation of immigrants, and diversity is the strength of any nation and any community,” Kaufmann said. “Regarding David Duke, his words and sentiments are absolute garbage. He is not welcome in our wonderful state.”

No wonder politicians have such low credibility!

And this:

Kaufmann wasn't the only one to distance himself from Sunday's comment.

On Monday morning, U.S. Rep. David Young, a Republican from Iowa’s 3rd District, tweeted messages that seemed to rebut King.

America is not about any one color, or one ethnicity, or one faith ,” Young wrote. “ America is about self-government, the rule of law, freedom, and the liberties and rights given in our Constitution.

Krishna
Professor Expert

I've been out of the prediction game since the election, but I'm going back to predict no GOP leader will condemn Steve King.

Sheesh... there's more:

The spokeswoman for Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan said Mr Ryan "clearly disagrees and believes America's long history of inclusiveness is one of its great strengths".

Krishna
Professor Expert

I've been out of the prediction game since the election, but I'm going back to predict no GOP leader will condemn Steve King.

Sheesh... there's more:

The spokeswoman for Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan said Mr Ryan "clearly disagrees and believes America's long history of inclusiveness is one of its great strengths".

And more:

Republican and former Florida Governor Jeb Bush also condemned his remarks.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   seeder  Randy  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

Seems like the Republicans are running away from King faster then they would toward a massive tax cut for the rich and to fuck the middle-class and poor!! Oh...wait...that's Trumpcare...never mind....