╌>

Schumer goes off on Trump supporter at NYC restaurant, witness says

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xxjefferson51  •  7 years ago  •  39 comments

Schumer goes off on Trump supporter at NYC restaurant, witness says
Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., caused a scene at a Manhattan restaurant when he began yelling at a wealthy and well-connected Donald Trump supporter that the POTUS is “a liar.”

Schumer, the top Senate Democrat, lost his cool on Sunday night at Upper East Side restaurant Sette Mezzo, according to witnesses.

He was dining with friends when he encountered Joseph A. Califano Jr. — the former U.S. secretary of health, education and welfare under President Jimmy Carter and domestic policy adviser to President Lyndon B. Johnson — and his wife, Hilary, who were having a quiet dinner.

Onlookers said Schumer was incensed that Hilary — the daughter of William S. Paley, the founder and chairman of CBS — had voted for Trump, even though her husband, Joseph, is a well-known Democrat.

One witness said of the restaurant rant, “They are a highly respected couple, and Schumer made a scene, yelling, ‘She voted for Trump!’ The Califanos left the restaurant, but Schumer followed them outside.” On the sidewalk, Schumer carried on with his fantastical filibuster: “ ‘How could you vote for Trump? He’s a liar!’ He kept repeating, ‘He’s a liar!’ ”

Hilary confirmed the confrontation, telling Page Six, “Sen. Schumer was really rude . . . He’s our senator, and I don’t really like him. Yes, I voted for Trump. Schumer joined us outside and he told me Trump was a liar. I should have told him that Hillary Clinton was a liar, but I was so surprised I didn’t say anything.”

Click for more from the New York Post. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/27/schumer-goes-off-on-trump-supporter-at-nyc-restaurant-witness-says.html

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    7 years ago

I don't blame them for ignoring this Jefferson.  This is the lunacy of the left.  If they aren't thinking an island is going to tip over, they're thinking Russia is invading Korea.  If it's not that, they are thinking they are talking about Bush instead of Trump.  Nuts.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

Are you aware that your comment makes no sense? If not, I am hereby informing you.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

I don't blame them for ignoring this Jefferson.

Blame who for ignoring what?  The article?  An anonymous person emailed a gossip tip to Page Six, who then posted the information in between an article entitled The Kim Kardashian Sex Tape:  An Oral History, and photographs of Justin Bieber eating lunch at Burger & Barrel in Soho. 

What's not to ignore?

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

The lead Democrat in the country accosts people at a restaurant to yell about their voting choices but it's not news? Spiiiinnn.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

If this is true, there is no doubt that Schumer behaved badly.  I guess his behavior speaks to the level of frustration felt in Washington these days.  Look, we can't even get along here!  winking

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy    7 years ago

It's bee a tough couple years for Schumer. Obama bullied him over Iran and made him look a spineless weasel.  McConell ran circles around him and his former boss over judges.  All the while, he thought he'd be majority leader under President Clinton only to see his side lose in the 2016 election. 

It's no surprise he's acting like such a baby. 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    7 years ago

All one needs to know about this story is …

Witness Says

… and that it came from Fox news and one of the usual "I got mine and the hell with everyone else" group.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Nice try.  The person targeted for the diatribe by Schumer confirmed that it happened.    As for Fox, they got the confirmed story from a newspaper.  The rest of your comment is a ridiculous derail off the topic.  

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Nice try.  The person targeted for the diatribe by Schumer confirmed that it happened.    As for Fox, they got the confirmed story from a newspaper.  The rest of your comment is a ridiculous derail off the topic.  

"The Person" "confirmed" "Fox got the story from 'a newspaper',"

Iron f'n clad … specific …

You do have a habit of calling everything you don't like a "derail" …

Post the name of "the person," the name of "the newspaper," and, if a newspaper confirmed "that it happened," there must be a "newspaper article" in conjunction.

So, just post all that stuff, XX … and ya' got me.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Like I said. Liberalism trumps everything.  Page Six wrote the original article, not Fox News.  To Liberals, sources matter much more than the truth, unless it isn't agreeable for some reason and then Liberalism even trumps the source.

Page Six may have gotten it wrong,  I don't care, the guy is a nut anyway.  

Nunes, who was involved in getting the truth out about the fake progress the Obama administration was pushing about ISIS and helped get a lot of the people out of Benghazi after Hillary and Obama left them there to die to cover up their movement of guns and ammunition is just laughing at Schumer who wants him removed because he actually is looking for the truth, something very alien to the Democrats. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

The newspaper description that Schumer "yelled" at someone could mean almost anything above a whisper. People routinely say someone "yelled" at them or "shouted" at them  when the other person was basically talking in a normal voice.

Hilary confirmed the confrontation, telling Page Six, “Sen. Schumer was really rude . . . He’s our senator, and I don’t really like him. Yes, I voted for Trump. Schumer joined us outside and he told me Trump was a liar.

The person who was "yelled" at doesn't even describe it outside as a yell.

Without seeing a video, no one knows what happened.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

It's all a gigantic conspiracy.  Newspapers are committing libel just to generate a a couple hours of bad publicity for Chuck Schumer. 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  Sean Treacy   7 years ago

It's all a gigantic conspiracy.  Newspapers are committing libel just to generate a a couple hours of bad publicity for Chuck Schumer. 

Hyperbole to deflect from the reality … which you actually describes with accuracy.

Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

The person targeted for the diatribe by Schumer confirmed that it happened.    As for Fox, they got the confirmed story from a newspaper.

They got the confirmed story from a newspaper?  They got it from Page Six, the gossip column in the New York Post.  That's like a smaller gossip column inside of a really big gossip column.       

This was also included in Emily Smith's Page Six column:  

Another diner insists that Califano and his wife approached Sen. Schumer’s table. The diner said, “It was a pleasant conversation. Joe said the senator was doing a good job on health care. Joe joked that Hilary voted for Trump. The conversation continued outside because everyone left at the same time.”

Don't forget to post the cell phone video footage when you find it.  In the mean time, I'll be all a-quiver with anticipation.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

http://www.dailywire.com/news/14844/schumer-goes-crazy-trump-supporter-nyc-restaurant-james-barrett

Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Was there a video in that link?  If so, point me in the right direction.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

From YOUR link, XX …

"The alleged  incident took place on Sunday night at Upper East Side restaurant Sette Mezzo, where according to witnesses who spoke with  Page Six , Schumer was dining with friends when he encountered long-time Democrat  Joseph A. Califano Jr. , a member of the board of directors at CBS who "served as the United States Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare from 1977 to 1979, and he served as President Lyndon B. Johnson’s Assistant for Domestic Affairs from 1965 to 1969."

ALLEGED!

"according to witnesses"

Everything after that is meaningless!

AND THE ICING ON THE CAKE IS THE EDITORIAL COMMENT AT THE END OF THE ARTICLE YOU LINKED …

"Clearly, Schumer, like his fellow Democratic colleagues (including the fair and balanced  Nancy Pelosi  and  Maxine Waters ), is a victim of the  "climate of hatred" promoted by Donald Trump. Meanwhile, if you see Schumer out and you happened to have voted for Trump, you might want to avoid mentioning that fact."

The Daily Wire is a politically conservative American news and opinion website founded in 2015 by conservative political commentator Ben Shapiro, who currently serves as Editor-in-chief. Presents news with a right wing bias in reporting and wording.

Ben Shapiro …

In 2012, Shapiro became   editor-at-large  of  Breitbart.com , a news and opinion website founded by  Andrew Breitbart . [18]  In March 2016, Shapiro resigned from his position as editor-at-large of Breitbart.com following what he characterized as the website's lack of support for reporter  Michelle Fields  in response to her alleged assault by  Corey Lewandowski Donald Trump 's former campaign manager. [19] [20]

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    7 years ago

Nunes! looking for the truth!

After his bullshit deflection and lame attempt to try to cover Trump's ass over his lies about being wiretapped by Obama? Looking for the truth! There is no way you had a straight face when you typed that! No way!

laughing dude

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    7 years ago

The story has been widely circulated.  There's no denying it happened. Attacking the sources who reported the situation dosmt make it not happen.  

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

The story has been widely circulated.  There's no denying it happened. Attacking the sources who reported the situation dosmt make it not happen.  

As a retired newspaper editor, I can tell you that how widely a story circulates in no measure of its credibility; in the absence of specifics, it lacks verifiability.

And let's get this straight … when I attack a story and source and you and others respond by attacking me personally and/or me as "one of the liberals who always do the same thing," you also lack credibility.

Sources matter and specifics matter … if you want your posts to be regarded as anything but slams with an underlying agenda.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave    7 years ago

We are all headed for the OK Corral!  I have a gun on each hip!