╌>

A Metaphorical "Courtesy Flush" for the Tactically Dismissive

Category:  The Lighter Side/ Humor

Via:  community  •  7 years ago  •  27 comments

A Metaphorical "Courtesy Flush" for the Tactically Dismissive

Don't we all, without necessarily uttering a word of "thanks," appreciate those times in a public rest room (or, even a residential powder room situation) when the one on the "throne," gives us a "courtesy flush"?

Of course we do.

So it is, in that spirit of "considering the other guy in the room," that I, in deference to those who whine regularly, and, who are incessantly critical of, and, seemingly offended by, a particular means of conveying information on NT (and throughout the publishing and media world) … ask all to think before you dump 

information in a certain format that is.

Oh! the dreaded copy/cut and paste thing … how that drives some of our NT members to distraction … and worse; in some cases, such a deposit of even the most complete and factual and relevant information seems to literally paralyze the ability of some to respond with salient counter-point rebuttal … that to the point where all they are capable of typing are the words "CUT AND PASTE," followed by … nothing of intellectual value.

Now I must express a bit of confusion in conjunction with the cut and paste phobia and disdain … that being my inability to comprehend why those who cower from and/or who have a hissy fit over a copied/cut and pasted comment, otherwise genuflect to even the most disingenuous ENTIRELY COPIED AND PASTED SEEDED ARTICLE! 

Anyway, none of the above has been copied, cut or pasted … I made it up and typed it all by myself!

NEXT TIME: WHAT'S WITH THE ALL CAPS OBJECTIONS, THE GODWIN'S LAW MISAPPLICATION AND DISMISSIVE COMMENTS?  

Off to the gym to punch the body bag.*

* Yes, I am in the mood to hit things this morning.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur    7 years ago

Please try not to urinate on the floor.

Personally, I believe it would be a tragedy to go through life without bothering certain people.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

Barney,

I think you are focusing on the wrong thing. He said he was "in the mood" to hit things. I don't think that this was an expression of machoness as much as frustration. 

As for the cut and paste thing, it is an accepted method of backing up one's own information. Source material is the standard for thesis, as is citation of the information. But it should be used to back up your own words and opinions, and not as the body of an entire post. There should be a conclusion drawn by that individual. 

It might not be the way you like your information sent, but it is the scholastic way of doing this.