╌>

What is 420, how is April 20 marked by cannabis users and what the origins of 'Weed Day'?

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  7 years ago  •  6 comments

What is 420, how is April 20 marked by cannabis users and what the origins of 'Weed Day'?

Article Photo

WEED Day is an unofficial celebration dedicated to cannabis that is marked in various locations around the world every year.

Revellers gather to smoke or consume marijuana together, with some using the occasion to push for the legalisation of the drug.

Weed Day falls on April 20 every year.

In the US calendar, this date is written as 4/20 – digits that have become synonymous with cannabis culture.

Many believe that 420 culture first stemmed from the San Rafael High School in California.

(Link)

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna    7 years ago

Festivities are widespread in the US, where observances have been held in locations including Hippie Hill in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco and Parliament Hill in Ontario.

Cannabis lovers in other countries have also recently adopted the tradition.

Hyde Park, London, has proven a hotspot for Weed Day celebrations over the years.

Celebrations are also usually marked in Dunedin, New Zealand at the University of Otago.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

Ontario is in the U.S.? 

Hmmmmm.....

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

Although I believe there is a city in California called Ontario, the expression "Parliament Hill" refers to the hill where the Canadian parliament buildings are located in Canada's capital, Ottawa, in the Province of Ontario.  If Ontario, the province in which I was born, is in the USA then I should have been given an American passport rather than a Canadian one - and to top it off, I could run for POTUS.  Birthers beware.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    7 years ago

There is indeed an Ontario. It's in California and is between where I live and Los Angeles in the part of Southern California referred to as the Inland Empire.

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
link   Aeonpax    7 years ago

I grow my own. It's good stuff.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Aeonpax   7 years ago

I used to with a friend of mine when I lived in rural Michigan. Here in town, not a chance. Besides, my mean wife says weed is a no-no now. Damn it!