╌>

Wild boars overrun Islamic State position, kill 3 militants

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  7 years ago  •  20 comments

Wild boars overrun Islamic State position, kill 3 militants

A pack of Wild boars at the wildlife park Grafenbergerwald in Duesseldorf, Germany

© Horst Ossinger, AP  A pack of Wild boars at the wildlife park Grafenbergerwald in Duesseldorf, Germany

Three Islamic State militants setting up an ambush in a bitterly contested area of northern Iraq were killed by a herd of stampeding boars, local leaders say.

Sheikh Anwar al-Assi, a chief of the local Ubaid tribe and supervisor of anti-ISIS forces, told  The Times  of London the militants were hiding on the edge of a field about 50 miles southwest of Kirkuk when the boars overwhelmed them Sunday. Five other militants were injured, al-Assi said. He said the group was poised to attack a band of local tribesmen who had fled to nearby mountains since militants seized the town of Hawija three years ago.

“It is likely their movement disturbed a herd of wild pigs, which inhabit the area as well as the nearby cornfields,” he said.

You can read the entire story & see the video HERE  (Trust me-- its not at all Boaring!)

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna    7 years ago

Al-Assi said the militants had summarily executed 25 people attempting to flee the militant's would-be caliphate in the three days before the boars attacked. Hawija, about 100 miles south of Mosul, sees dozens of residents flee to Kurdish Kirkuk daily, and the Iraqi military has planned to launch an offensive in the region after a laborious effort to liberate Mosul is completed.

“We know that a massacre took place in Hawija district through our sources," al-Assi told the Times. "This will not be ISIS’s last massacre against citizens." 

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna    7 years ago

Well, it looks like God is definitely not on their side!

Bob Dylan's memorable 1988 Live Oakland performance of 'With God on Our Side' made into a historical / lyric video.  To see Dylan's *full 1988 Oakland Coliseum concert:  ...

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

Bob Dylan's memorable 1988 Live Oakland performance of 'With God on Our Side' made into a historical / lyric video.  To see Dylan's *full 1988 Oakland Coliseum concert:  ...

And here's...Joanie!

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    7 years ago

Thinking this over , wild hogs are the perfect weapon to use against Islamists . They are not allowed to eat pork . Even more they can't even make physical contact !

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna  replied to  Petey Coober   7 years ago

Islamists . They are not allowed to eat pork .

But OTOH. the porkers are are allowed to eat Islamists! 

la de da

Krishna
Professor Expert

Islamists . They are not allowed to eat pork .

But OTOH. the porkers are are allowed to eat Islamists! 

la de da

Either that-- or maybe they just killed them for sport?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Petey Coober   7 years ago

I wonder. Are there any Muslim American football players?

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

I wonder. Are there any Muslim American football players?

Ask-- and ye shall receive!

Colbert: How Can Muslims Play In The NFL  If They Can't Touch Pig Skin? (VIDEO)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

Maybe the Boars' feelings had been hurt because they're not considered Halal.  I wonder if the fighters who were only injured will be able to go to heaven now that they've been touched by.........PIGS!!!! 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    7 years ago

Give them uniforms and berets and make them part of the Special Forces! Instead of risking our Special Ops troops go into a questionable building to look for ISIS fighters, just send in a squad of 8 or 10 wild Boars and you'll be certain in a few minutes! Just shoot them (OK...so maybe capture them...damn...scheesh) as they run screaming from the door! We could recruit hundreds of them out of Arkansas and the ones killed in the line of duty...become meals for a week or more! Pork chops for everyone!!

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

Give them uniforms and berets and make them part of the Special Forces! 

You might be able to train them-- I've heard that pigs are actuially pretty intelligent. (And some people have them as pets-- but not wild Boars. Supposedly Vietnamese Pot-Bellied Pigs make excellent pets:

Is a Pig Right for You?

So, you are thinking about getting a potbellied pig and want to know

if you are doing the right thing.

This  flyer should answer many

of your questions. In addition to

reading up on pet pigs, we recommend

that  you take the time to actually

visit Ross Mill Farm whenever possible

before making your decision.

Piglets  are cute little butterballs for only a short time,

so make sure you meet a full-grown, adult piggy before  adopting.

Frequently asked questions about Vietnamese Miniature Potbellied Pigs . . .

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

George Clooney had one. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

George Clooney had one.

One what...an Islamist?

(I believe she's a Muslim, but not radical at all???)

Krishna
Professor Expert

(I believe she's a Muslim, but not radical at all???)

I just googled her. She was born in Lebanon. Her Mother is from a Sunni MUslim family. Interestingly, her father's family is Druze.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

"Pig berries"   LOL

To see a pet pig owned by a doctor, watch the movie "Doc Hollywood" with Michael J. Fox.

Pigs really don't want to die - you can also watch the movie "Charlotte's Web" to see Zuckerman's Wonderful Pig, who amazes many people.  Keep in mind also that in Amimal Farm, the pigs began to look more and more like people and the people bagan to look more and more like pigs. When I was a little kid I used to read the "Freddy the Pig" novels and so understood that pigs were actually very smart, capable of communicating with other animals.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

and so understood that pigs were actually very smart, capable of communicating with other animals.

Well in that case-- they're smarter than a lot of American politicians! 

winking

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

"Well in that case-- they're smarter than a lot of American politicians!"

Unfortunately that could be the "kiss of death" in their ever being elected.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Keep in mind also that in Amimal Farm, the pigs began to look more and more like people and the people bagan to look more and more like pigs.

"Some animals are more equal then other animals." That books should be required reading in ever high school in America and there should be a semester type test on it to make sure they actually read it. The same with 1984.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

Absolutely agreed. I would add "Brave New World" to that list.