╌>

Trump's historic first 100 days

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xxjefferson51  •  7 years ago  •  17 comments

Trump's historic first 100 days
From the outset of the 2016 presidential campaign, Donald Trump promised to work on behalf of the American people to protect our interests both home and abroad.

His message of shaking up Washington resonated with millions of people across the country who have long since become disillusioned with the status quo.

In the final stretch of the campaign last year -- as millions of voters across the country were deciding with whom to entrust the future of our country – then candidate Trump got on stage in Gettysburg and presented a succinct plan, laying out his vision for a stronger, more prosperous America. A plan to lift the regulatory burden stifling economic growth, bolster job creation, restore confidence in our national security, preserve the integrity of the Supreme Court, hold Washington accountable to everyday Americans, and much more.

Since taking the oath of office — and in the months leading up to his inauguration — President Trump has worked tirelessly to make those promises a reality.

One of the primary reasons Americans across the country turned out for President Trump in record numbers was his promise to appoint a constitutional conservative to the Supreme Court. He delivered on that promise in full by nominating the widely praised, highly qualified Neil Gorsuch, and his confirmation to the Supreme Court just weeks ago cements the legacy of our nation’s highest court for generations to come.

Another key pillar of his commitment to voters was the promise to put people back to work.

As a result of his outspoken commitment to job growth and the rollback of excessive regulations, Carrier saved hundreds of jobs from being torn from America’s heartland and shipped to Mexico.

Not only is industry confidence in the business climate at some of the highest levels in decades, but small business owners are also the most optimistic they’ve been since before Barack Obama took office.

By nearly every measure confidence is soaring in the direction this administration is taking our economy. From energy producers, to the auto industry, to small businesses, this administration has aggressively slashed regulations that have harmed production and threatened to send jobs overseas. Creating an environment where these businesses can thrive reassures communities that their jobs will be protected, and more jobs will be available for their children’s generation. Not to mention, cutting this red tape will save American families and businesses approximately $67 billion. This type of bold reform is desperately needed if our country is to remain competitive in modern markets.

In fact, just a week ago, the president signed an executive order that directs all the federal agencies to organize regulatory reform task forces to review regulations currently on the books to look for rules that can be repealed or scaled back. By directing the agencies to begin the process of removing nanny state regulations imposed by the Obama administration, President Trump is sending a clear message that preserving and creating American-made jobs are more important than preserving unnecessarily expensive and ineffective regulations.

Prior to this year, the Congressional Review Act had only been used once to successfully rollback regulations. Yet in the few short months President Trump has been in office, he and Republicans in Congress have passed more than a dozen pieces of legislation that undo the onerous regulations Obama pushed through at the end of his presidency.

President Trump’s use of his executive powers has allowed him to deliver on the promises that voters across the country sent him to Washington to fulfill. Undoing the damage caused by the previous administration is the first step of many to putting our country back on the right track.

But he hasn’t stopped there.

President Trump fulfilled his promise to reevaluate trade deals with other countries by withdrawing from the TransPacific Partnership.

The president made good on his promise to invest in infrastructure projects by reviving construction on the Keystone Pipeline and approving work on the Dakota Access Pipeline.

President Trump and Republicans have achieved all this and more despite being met with blind partisan obstructionism from the Democrats every step of the way.

Falling in lock step with Sens Schumer and Warren and Minority Leader Pelosi, Democrats on the Hill have time and again ignored what’s best for their voters and attempted to block all progress. This type of political maneuvering is exactly why people across the country chose Donald Trump and Republicans to bring real change to Washington.

As the administration continues to press forward into the next 100 days, President Trump and his team are already working with Congress to fix our broken health care system and overhaul our burdensome tax code to deliver real relief to struggling middle class families. With such progress on the horizon, I look forward to the successes Republicans at all levels will be able to achieve in order to continue bringing prosperity to all Americans. http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/04/28/rnc-chairwoman-trumps-historic-first-100-days.html

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    7 years ago

There are some things Trump is doing I agree with and then there are others I don't, but never in my life time have I seen such resistance to a President as I've seen against Trump.  I believe Trump could issue a check to every poor person in this country that would be enough to provide for them for the next 20 years, be cost neutral and the MSM and Democrats would be against it.

Trump shouldn't be followed blindly by the people who elected him as Obama has been by the people who elected him, but all he as is the people who support him, the Leftist MSM and their followers are dedicated to his demise, no matter what he does.

The Liberal's are nothing but bullies who don't debate but silence their opponents any way they can all the way to their far Left Wing segment of their party.  In fact the extreme Left wing is the closest thing to Radical Islamic Jihadist I've seen.

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
link   Aeonpax  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

It's not the "liberals" per se, that are the problem. It's specifically the democratic party liberals at fault here.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

The Liberal's are nothing but bullies who don't debate

Clinton won all three debates easily. You see , Trump is the most unqualified and unfit person to ever run for president. The unwillingness of people like you to acknowledge this obvious truth that sticks out like a pimple on a babys forehead is helping to destroy whats left of decent discussion across the political spectrum. 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

No she did not. I don't look to liberal newspaper opinion writers to help me decide who won the debates. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

Stevie Wonder saw it through Ray Charles glasses. Just like he sees all the rest of trump's glaring inadequacies to truth and competency and decency. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

John-  I think you make a very important point.  Because the "right" refuses to acknowledge ANY missteps, lies, fuck ups, all out stupidity, inappropriate behavior, and clear ethical violations, it's difficult to take anything they say seriously.  I view them as opportunists that could give a fuck what happens to their fellow countrymen or country just as long as they benefit.  Having this lying, misogynist, serial sexual assailant, cheating vile scumbag  in office should be offensive to anyone with some level of intelligence or love of country.  Sad

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

You sum it up pretty accurately PJ. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

Good point. It was the Republicans who spent the last 20 years saying character doesn't matter and cheered on a perjurer accused of rape. After all the economy was growing.  

It's amazing how offended liberals get when their own misdeeds ricochet right back at them. By cheering Clinton's crimes, you laid the groundwork for Trump. If Democrats had impeached Clinton and elevated Gore, Trump would have been impossible. Reap the whirlwind. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy   7 years ago

I didnt cheer Bill Clinton. I thought he should have resigned when the Lewinsky thing came out. 

I feel sorry for you Sean. You have to pretend to think that Trump is an acceptable president. It is absurd and I know you know it is absurd. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Regardless of your personal opinion, your party , newspapers, leaders etc.. overwhelmingly rallied around the concept that personal character doesn't matter in a President, only his official actions as President does, in order to save Clinton.  Once those notions take root, they are next to impossible to get rid of. Once it becomes accepted that character doesn't matter, Trump becomes viable.

Trump is absurd. So is Clinton. But absurd candidates are what you get when the chief qualification voters look for is the candidate that will most enrage the other side. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
link   Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Sean Treacy   7 years ago

S, IF  gore had been elevated he would have been an incumbent president and I doubt , GW would have won the election and served 2 terms.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy  replied to  Mark in Wyoming   7 years ago

I think you are right, President Gore would almost certainly won in 2000. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Sean Treacy   7 years ago

Oh fuck no you don't.  I had nothing to do with that piece of shit Donald Trump getting elected.  That was all those fucking deplorables that voted and support him.  Stop invoking Clinton.  You sound desperate for a reason to justify your love for a lying piece of shit scumbag sexual assailant cheating racist bigot.

Gosh I want this country to split up.   I can't stand being a part of the most stupidest society in the world who voted in one of the most corrupt morons ever to run for office.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

John, you don't get to dictate the terms under which you will act civil in a discussion with people who disagree with you.  Trump is the President and no one is going to stipulate to your terms regarding him to discuss him or his accomplishments with you.  

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
link   Aeonpax    7 years ago

The only thing historic about trumps first 100 days is the amount of US and world-wide disgust he's garnered.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Aeonpax   7 years ago

Considering the sources of the disgust toward him particularly of the domestic variety, it's actually a badge of honor.