╌>

Washington Post Creates Fake News Timed-Release Story Intended to Capture Evening News Lede…

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sixpick  •  7 years ago  •  60 comments

Washington Post Creates Fake News Timed-Release Story Intended to Capture Evening News Lede…

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   seeder  sixpick    7 years ago

The MSM are on a roll, aren't they?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    7 years ago

Comment removed for CoC violation. [ph]

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   seeder  sixpick  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Death by a thousand Liberal Fascist cuts.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson    7 years ago

Screen shot 20170515 at 9.49.05 PM.png this is your source... 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  pat wilson   7 years ago

sad to say

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  pat wilson   7 years ago

this is your source...

laughing dude

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Randy   7 years ago

The conservative version of ''National Enquirer''...

LMAO, hell of a source...laughing dude

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   seeder  sixpick  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

I could use any source I wanted to, everyone knows the Washington Post article is a bunch of BS   Wasn't it just last week they had another fake article about the acting FBI Director threatening to quit?    

McMaster on WaPo claim Trump gave Russians highly classified info: “I was in the room, it didn’t happen”

Didn't they have all of you fooled right up until election night?

Well, they're still fooling you.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

McMasters sold his credibility this afternoon. I never would have thought it possible of him, but he officially became a Trump toady with that bullshit non-denial denial he gave this afternoon. He sold his dignity. He disgraced himself and his uniform and should resign and turn in his stars. He no longer deserves them. He is now nothing more then just another Trump boot licker no better then Banner or Spicer. He should be ashamed of himself and eat his .45.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   seeder  sixpick  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

Only because you didn't hear what you wanted to hear.  Fake news last week and fake news this week.  Looks like it is going to be a real battle to defeat the Liberal Fascists, but we're up to it.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

No, because he stood there and toed the company line. Because he said the same today thing as Tillerson and knew it to be untrue. What he denied happening what not was what was accused of happening in the story. What he told was slick shit that avoided what was reported altogether, except where he said the story was false. That was a complete lie and that is where he sold his credibility and his honor as an officer. This is the same as the bullshit last week when the White House started out by lying that Trump fired Comey because he was too mean to Hillary Clinton, which was fucking laughable. That is the stage they are at now. With Trump trotting out his toadies to lie for him and then in a few days the story will be shown for what it is, true. I just thought more of McMasters then to be a fucking liar for Trump. I thought he actually had some fucking self respect. I admit I over-estimated him. He has no honor at all. No dignity. He is a disgrace to his uniform and as I said, if he had even a shred of honor left, he'd eat his .45.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   seeder  sixpick  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

BS Randy.  I can't help you.  Sorry.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

It isn't so much a battle of political identities as it is of knowledge versus ignorance. And "ignorance" is not meant to be a pejorative term here.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

Did you notice, the only 'named' source in the article denies it happened.  And this is what people are running with?  There is no such thing as journalism anymore-it's all about headlines and ratings, nothing more.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   96WS6  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

McMasters sold his credibility this afternoon.

....or he told a truth that did not align with your narrative?

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    7 years ago

Liberal Fascists?

You know what? You never used to talk this kind of shit before. You never said words like that before. Let me make a deal with you. You never comment on any of my articles, not even my music or photo ones, none at all and I'll never comment on yours again. OK? I don't even fucking know who you are anymore. You are not the same person you were even several month ago. You've changed and not for the better. So let's agree, you stay off from my stuff and I'll stay off from your stuff. ALL OF EACH OTHER'S STUFF! Deal?

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
link   Aeonpax    7 years ago

Considering is headlining all over the net and after reading a few various different stories on this, I'm inclined to believe that Trump and his band of clowns, are indeed self-destructing. What fools.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    7 years ago

I made the mistake of turning on CNN for a little while after the news broke that this was fake news. Even knowing it was a fake story they continued to attempt to slander Trump. It was so transparent that they all knew it was false. They all looked so guilty and ashamed of what they were doing. Even Dershowitz after admitting Trump did nothing legally wrong was scrambling to try to slander him. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

On Monday, The Washington Post reported that Trump discussed classified information with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Ambassador Sergey Kislyak provided to the U.S. by another country in a way they could have used to identify secret sources and methods. The information dealt with plans by the Islamic State to use laptop computers as weapons, and was so sensitive it had been withheld from allies – and under close hold within the U.S. government as well.

I can only imagine your response to Hillary Clinton doing something as careless as that, Dean.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary    7 years ago

If you understand the rules of classified information, the Original Classification Authority (OCA) for all U.S. Government Classified Information, is the President of the United States.  So, in reality, if he decides something is to be declassified, it is his decision to make.  The WaPo article is a breathless, 'breaking news now' kind of article, followed up by the NY Times, who lost their credibility long ago. 

I prefer to wait and see what comes of this, if anything, as it's already disputed by people that were in the room, as opposed to people that were not in the room.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

I understand the rules for OCA Spike. Most of the news stories said that the president has the authority to declassify documents. That isn't the problem, it's if and when it's traced back to the government that gave us the information. As I stated before if it's true, it's a colossal fuck up by Trump.

Interesting to note that Bob Coaker R-Tenn said the WH was in a downward spiral and other high ranking republicans have expressed deep concerns about this.

Another question is McMaster said ''he was there''. How can that be when it was reported that only Trump, two Russian diplomats and a Russian reporter/photographer where in the room...

Was McMaster hiding inn a closet?

As for Tilerson, he wasn't there at all.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

I'll wait to build the pile and light the fire for the witch burning until there is something normal people like to call 'evidence'.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

How nice of you to consider yourself normal and anyone that questions Trump as not normal...I guess that not normal would apply to a hell of a lot of Republican's in the Senate and House currently.

Perhaps a little self reflection on your part is due Spike.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Trump has been battling the broken Washington establishment since day one. Yes many of the Republicans are part of the broken establishment. We need to clean house and replace them with some fresh young tea partiers. This is what makes him the right man for the job he's not afraid to do what is right for the country even if it upsets some of the dinosaurs in his party. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Kavika - The Trump supporters have sold their souls to the devil and now that have to defend, deflect and disrupt any call for independent investigations or any process that may prove what the majority of intelligent people have already figured out, Trump is a con man and an idiot. Those who chose to ignore reality have to accept the fact that they are the ones who are handing Trump the gun in which he boasted he could shoot someone with and nothing would happen to him.  Unfortunately he's killing America and his supporters are given him the cover to do it.    

Their lack of interest or curiosity is disturbing to me.  I guess patriotism has been re-defined but I'm not sure I'd consider it patriotism.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

You guys are just upset that this turned out to be fake news and Trump did nothing wrong. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

Oh Comrade Dean!  (&**%^$##

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

Trump revealed classified information to the Russians. 

Someone in the room gave the story to the media, and the White House is scrambling to find out who it was and punish them. 

That is what happened. All other bs notwithstanding. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
link   Mark in Wyoming     7 years ago

What I am finding curious is no one is asking what the source of the information that became classified by our government  was. it would be perfectly logical  for the president , whomever it is at whatever time to discuss something with a countrys ministers , if that ministers country is actually the source of the information, In this case , could it be that it was Russian information gotten from them that was discussed?

Of course this will be disregarded and not broached. and the media wonders why they are not trusted.......

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Mark in Wyoming   7 years ago

It sounds like you are pulling a scenario out of thin air Mark. If it was Russian information why hasn't anyone said that, including the Russians? 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
link   Mark in Wyoming   replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Maybe I am John, but then again at least I am being curious and have questions , and not following the dictated "tempest in a tea pot " mentality .

Roosevelt and Churchill had many discussions about classified materials during their time , as well as with Stalin .

As for why hasn't anyone said it was Russian info? maybe the source is being protected for future use . intelligence agencies both ours and others work differently and most likely don't what it known who knows what and from where they get their info ,and many intelligence agencies worldwide , actually cultivate and use the same main sources , where does the term "double agent " come from?

As for the media being privy to such info, show me the law that says info HAS to be shared with the media, it is as simple as saying ," NO Comment." and it ends there unless the media chooses to do their own footwork. Something they have gotten away from and might need to relearn as journalists to regain some credibility.

The first amendment of freedom of the press isn't a "free hall pass " to any information that exists.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Mark in Wyoming   7 years ago

Mark, millions of people are worried about having Donald Trump in the White House. He is an unstable individual. There is no precedent for this. He doesn't belong in the presidency, and should resign and let Pence take over and try to put the pieces back together. 

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   96WS6  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

OMG if only your wish came true and Pence took over you would REALLY be crying.  Be careful what you wish for you just may get it.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   96WS6  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

It sounds like you are pulling a scenario out of thin air Mark. If it was Russian information why hasn't anyone said that, including the Russians?

Because when it comes to Trump that's how the media rolls Johnny.   No one has said who provided the info becuse it's classified.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

Sixpick's seeded article, from a right wing "news" source, goes into great detail, explaining how the WAPO article, and NYT and others, are "fake news".

He might be surprised to learn that McMaster essentially admitted that what WAPO wrote was true. Mc Master just says it was ok for Trump to do so.

" We were just watching General McMaster’s press conference – which has taken the place of Sean Spicer’s briefing today. The key take away is that McMaster is essentially conceding the accuracy of last night’s reporting (first from the   Post   and later confirmed by other outlets) but saying that in the context it was okay. It was appropriate. Notably, when it comes to specifics, he is hiding behind classification to refuse to give further answers.

He also conceded that President Trump made the decision to reveal the information in the spur of the moment. When asked when Trump made the decision and whether his advisors were part of that decision, here are the exact words of response: “He made the decision in the context of the conversation.” In other words, spur of the moment decision, not something he and his advisers decided made sense in advance.

The gist here is that McMaster is saying yes Trump did it. He was entitled to do it. And I and other advisors were there when it happened and believe that substantively it was the right decision.

Later McMaster went further in denying a key point that no one from the White House had yet, so far as I know, denied. McMaster insisted that the President “in no way compromised any sources and methods.”

(For future purposes, I would say that is the clearest statement from McMaster that we’ll likely look back on as a knowing falsehood, with no give in the words as spoken.)

Then there was a key revelation just before McMaster left the podium.

He said this: “I  should just make maybe the statement here that the president wasn’t even aware  where this information came from. He wasn’t briefed on the source or method of the information either.”

To me this is not at all surprising. Sometimes even the President doesn’t learn about sources and methods unless there’s a specific need. Often it’s just not relevant in terms of what the President needs to know. Even normal Presidents get gobs of information every day about different parts of the world. But Trump isn’t normal. We know he insists on extremely toplined briefings. Just the most essential bullet points. So on its own, I don’t find this hard to believe. 

McMaster’s point seemed to be that President Trump was not even in a position to reveal sources and methods because he didn’t know them. This is too cute by half. No one ever suggested he did. All the reporting has suggested that Trump revealed details from which sources and methods could be inferred."  

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    7 years ago

Stop with the name-calling and discuss/debate/refute/correct/address content … 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
  • "Publication motive/intent – The Washington Post never contacted anyone in the White House for questions, nor did they ask McMaster, Tillerson or Powell for comment before publication.  All three call the Post article – fake News."

This is more nonsense from the seeded article that I just noticed.  Mc Master's response IS IN the original Washington Post article. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy    7 years ago

If McMaster is fine with it, it's al,out certainly not a big deal.  Morevover, he's the damn president, he can declassify anything he wants, legally.

Putting aside the obvious fact that the president can declassify anything he wants and the Secretary of State can't for a moment,  Its  telling that the same people who tried to bootstrap an exculapation for Hillary because some  of the classified information she forwarded  was essentially in the public domain, now are claiming to be upset because trump shared classified information that was essentially in the public domain.

yet again, trump does something much less serious than Clinton, and the same progressives who whitewash Hillary try and destroy trump for it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy   7 years ago

The seeded article at the top of this page is a complete fabrication. The thread should be removed or closed.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
link   Steve Ott    7 years ago

Pray tell, where can a poor soul go to get the truth? 

sixpick
Professor Quiet

Trump had the authority.  It seems to me the Washington Post and the NYT have made this such a big issue and told the world all about it, but of course they will not be held accountable.

Obama would never have such problems as this since the Liberal Fascists supported him and didn't have cameras set up across the street to spy on the Oval Office like they have done with Trump.  This is Fascism at its core. 

Obama sent a few million dollars to Iran as far as the American citizens were told, until nearly 7 months later it was finally reported, at the very least, he sent over a billion dollars in cash to Iran, maybe much more.  Where were the New York Times and the Washington Post during that time?  Surely they knew the truth long before the American citizens found out about it.  Why did we have to wait for nearly 7 months and led to believe a lie for that length of time?  Why didn't we know it the very next day?  I'll tell you why, because he was one of them and their goal is to destroy all of those who aren't one of them.

sixpick
Professor Quiet