╌>

CNN: Certainly Not News

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xxjefferson51  •  7 years ago  •  13 comments

CNN: Certainly Not News
Newscaster Bob Schieffer unwittingly demonstrated the depths his colleagues will descend to disparage President Trump at CNN.

Schieffer broke from the standard CNN narrative to remark that the president “actually” sounded “dignified and even presidential,” during his momentous speech before more than 50 Arab and Muslim leaders delivered recently in Saudi Arabia. Apparently, Schieffer had gone too far in his faint praise of the president.

“You know, Bob,” said his on-air colleague John Berman, “There will be people who look at that last comment you made and say, you’re normalizing the president.” That was just the wind-up before landing the real punch: Berman mused aloud over making laudatory remarks about the president just “because he (Trump) met this admittedly very low bar for not sounding foolish.”

This time Berman wasn’t dealing the race card, but rather pulled out the character assassination card from the bottom of the deck. After all -- you wouldn’t want to “normalize” a wife beater, or serial killer. Why would you think of “normalizing” the president? Liberal hysteria is now a national condition.

There is a glimmer of hope on the horizon. Schieffer wasn’t going to be shamed into marching back his remarks on President Trump: “I’m not trying to normalize him in any way,” Schieffer replied. “I’m trying to do what reporters do -- report and try to emphasize what I think is important.”

Being an old-school journalist, Schieffer may be raising the bar for his colleagues at the Trump-bashing network. Sadly, in the end, Schieffer joined his colleagues at the cable channel in both condescending rhetoric and mean-spirited tone.

“He didn’t sound like the guy at the end of the bar popping off,” Schieffer added. “You may agree or disagree with what he said but he sounded like a president. This went over very well --- mainly because he stayed on script. He sounded like someone who actually thought about what he was going to say before he said it. No tweets today.” Faint praise indeed.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/05/cnn_certainly_not_news.html#ixzz4iGT01yzU
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    7 years ago

That a network anchor or contributor would on air question whether what someone said would "normalize" the president speaks volumes about the lack of journalistic integrity and their lack of objectivity.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    7 years ago

It's not the objective role of the media to normalize or prevent the normalization of a political leader.  It is their role to objectively report the news not to influence it.   

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

What a fucking joke. Now they are demanding that Trump be "normalized". 

News flash - none of us will live that long if we live to be 200. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

You as usual got it all wrong.  It was CNN Anchor who was demanding Trump not be normalized when he criticized a peer who said something mildly positive about him and his recent successful trip.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

You are demanding Trump be normalized, which is impossible. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

I guess this was somewhat like the Palestinian terrorists trying to stop any of their kind who actually try to normalize relations with the Israelis.

There is an NT member (not to be named but he damn well knows who he is) who can NOW accuse me of "Jewing up" the discussion.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Buzz , Donald Trump will NEVER be normalized. He will be out of office and back to cheating on and lying about his real estate deals before that happens. 

He's not normal. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

I never said anything about whether or not Trump could or should be normalized. I was critical of the criticism of a newscaster who actually went so far as to say something complimentary about Trump.  Personally, I thought Trump's speech was excellent, although I'm sure he didn't write it, but at least he delivered it in a statesmanlike manner, and I doubt that he would even have read it if he didnt believe it.  I know there's lots to criticize Trump for, but if he actually does something right, and someone says so, isn't that a FAIR thing to do. (I know you have a total inability to consider that ANYTHING fair said about Trump isn't an outrage.)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

applauseapplauseapplausethumbs up

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Buzz, he cannot and will not ever be "normalized". 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

His successful trip has done just that for him.  CNN has failed in its mission to prevent that as have you in yours.  

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

He kissed up to the Saudis and tiptoed in Israel. Then in Europe he shat on our closest allies. Successful ?

homerfacepalmicon.jpg

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  pat wilson   7 years ago

Our allies need to meet their defense spending obligations.