╌>

Conspiracy! ... ... by Bob Nelson

Category:  Now Trending

Via:  bob-nelson  •  7 years ago  •  27 comments

Conspiracy!    ...   ...   by Bob Nelson

(This is a re-edition of a Reply I made yesterday. I think the topic of "Conspiracy theorists" is sufficiently interesting to deserve a dedicated conversation.)

The most remarkable thing about the "AGW is a scam" theory is that it is believed despite being literally incredible. There are no whistleblowers, so we are required to imagine that hundreds of scientists, scattered all across the globe, maintain an iron discipline, because the alternative would be to accept that AGW is real. 

Scientists are intrinsically dubious. Not accepting "common knowledge" is an essential part of the scientific method. So "keeping scientists in order" is much like herding cats. No matter. 

Interestingly, the same folks who are convinced of a hermetic worldwide conspiracy of AGW scientists often are also convinced of other conspiracies, from chemtrails to "Sandy Hook was a false flag". Each AGW-conspiracy-theorist may not believe all the conspiracy theories floating around nutzoid alr-right websites, but the very presence of those theories on those sites (basically selling stuff and/or asking for "contributions") tells us that there's an audience. 

The need to believe in conspiracies is fundamental to the alt-right. The alternative would be to base everything on facts... but facts have a well-known liberal bias. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   seeder  Bob Nelson    7 years ago

What is your favorite crazy conspiracy theory?   stunned

jarandhel
Freshman Silent
link   jarandhel  replied to  Bob Nelson   7 years ago

These days, "Pizzagate".  I think that one has even exceeded chemtrails in its craziness.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

There are so many posted in NT alone that it's difficult to choose. 

Alex Jones and Infowars is posted on NT quite often so I'll probably go with any of his which cover every thing from Sandy Hook, to Muslim owner of a major US corporation is importing Muslim workers to rape and pillage the local population. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   seeder  Bob Nelson  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Muslim owner of a major US corporation is importing Muslim workers to rape and pillage the local population.

I haven't heard that one before. Are you sure it's not true? I mean... There are so many major US corporations owned by Muslims that it seems very likely that at least one is doing as you say. And since there are now so many townships underSharia law, with Salafist police, it isn't surprising that all that rape and pillage never makes the news. It sounds very credible to me! 

😲

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Bob Nelson   7 years ago

LOL, the Corporation is ''Chobani'' Jones had to issue an apology and retract the article. I also believe that he had to pay to settle it, but I'm not sure on that part of it. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

The Chobani story..Well worth reading and watching the video.

BTW, the product is excellent. My wife buys it by the case.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   seeder  Bob Nelson  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Eh! 

Greek... Muslim... What's the difference? Little brownish people. Churches with turnips on top. Not like us! 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    7 years ago

I want somebody to ask Trump about chemtrails.  

On the second thought, no.  Too many Americans morons are unfamiliar with that conspiracy.  It might broaden his base.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   seeder  Bob Nelson  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

I want somebody to ask Trump about chemtrails.  

Oh, dear Lord! The mind boggles. Whether or not he has ever heard of chemtrails, he might say... anything at all! 

"I can tell you, because Vladimir told me, that Russia has nothing to do with chemtrails." 

"Comey told me that chemtrails don't exist, but we know that Comey is a liar." 

"They cause global warming." 

"What??" 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    7 years ago

I think the far right/freedom lovers conspiracy theory that the US government had constructed a vast system of tunnels underneath Walmarts for the purposes of taking their freedoms from the people of Texas and other southwestern locations is the best conspiracy theory of recent years. 

“Doesn’t anyone know that Walmart is a huge supporter of the NWO? They’ve donated much of their property to FEMA to build reeducation centers for our children!”

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Bonus conspiracy nut video about U.S. Death Camps

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   seeder  Bob Nelson  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

If this was parody, it would be brilliant. But I think the guy is serious! Which makes this even better than brilliant! 

applause

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide

I once came across a flat-earth video. It was perfectly straightforward, not the slightest hint of parody. 

These are similar. Should we laugh? Weep? 

In any case, they are superb examples of nutzoid conspiracy theories. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide

Hi, Bf! 

New sockpuppet? 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Bob Nelson   7 years ago

Bob, let me respond with a directive to someone else, if I may?

John, for crying out loud, I thought the same thing yesterday and nearly had a heart attack when I thought briefly that I might be sharing a PM with whatshisnuts.  Please dump the fish. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   seeder  Bob Nelson  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

In this particular case... If it is Bf, he is welcome! His posts are spot on. Perfect examples of nutzoid conspiracy theories. 

Who knows... Perhaps he wants to try out a "sensible persona". We know he is intelligent, so the question has always been, "What will he do with his intelligence?" 

Or maybe it isn't Bf...  confused

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Bob Nelson   7 years ago

What is kind of funny about the last video is that the conspiracy nut is breathlessly announcing his "discovery" like he is a modern day Paul Revere or something.  Alas, this conspiracy theory seems to have predated him and his videos by years. 

From what I have read, the boxcars mentioned have "shackles" which are used to hold car parts and other machinery in place during transport. 

FEMA did not order 127,000 of them. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide

... shackles" which are used to hold car parts and other machinery in place during transport.

Oh. That's a relief. My imagination was running riot. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    7 years ago

I work with a guy whose ex-wife works for FEMA.  Though he's not a Trump supporter, he is a moron in numerous ways.  He told me that FEMA is preparing for the end of humanity, by isolating groups of people in a massive cavern somewhere - to repopulate the country in response to a catastrophic event.  He claims his wife was selected to participate, and that she went crazy when she was in there, and that when her period of isolation was up she was released along with a man she had formed a romantic relationship with - leading to their subsequent divorce.  I'm not kidding.  Apparently it hasn't occurred to him that his wife used the lamest lie in the world on the most gullible person in the world, to run off with a lover. Honestly, he is the most annoying person I've ever met, and I can't imagine how anyone would have married him in the first place.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   seeder  Bob Nelson  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

Hal!

You have, before your nose, unquestionable proof of FEMA dastardly deeds... and yet you do not BELIEVE! 

How sad... 

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

My favorite is that the Russians dug a pipeline, (small, about 2") through Arlington Cemetery, to suck JFK's body out of its coffin.  

I think that's funny!  Supposedly, they were trying to destroy evidence that linked them to his assassination.  laughing dude

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   seeder  Bob Nelson  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

Oh, yes! 

It's so much more discreet to lay a pipline than to just dig up the coffin... 

Yup... 

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Bob Nelson   7 years ago

I think they drilled, supposedly.  Sideways, about 6' down, into the coffin and installed a pump.  EW.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   seeder  Bob Nelson  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

I worked with a directional drilling company for quite a few years. Six feet deep, two-inch bore, several hundred meters... 

laughing dude

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Bob Nelson   7 years ago

Exactly what I thought!!!  laughing dude