Via:  community  •  7 years ago  •  7 comments

Warner Bros. confirms Wonder Woman 2

Warner Bros. confirms Wonder Woman 2

By Julia Alexander, Polygon, via MSN Entertainment, July 22 2017

AAoBJbY.img.jpg
 © Provided by Polygon

Warner Bros. Pictures

As if we didn’t know this was happening

In the least surprising bit of news from Warner Bros.’ panel today at San Diego Comic-Con, a sequel to Wonder Woman has been greenlit.

Wonder Woman isn’t just Warner Bros.’ most successful DC Universe property, it’s also the highest grossing movie of the summer, beating out Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Wonder Woman is also one of the highest-rated films on Rotten Tomatoes and is the DCU’s biggest critical success, with both reviewers and fans.

Director Patty Jenkins has spoken before about how she’d like to return to direct the sequel, confirming that she would like to do another period piece but set it in a different time. Wonder Woman takes place at the end of World War I. At the time of this publishing, it’s unclear if Jenkins will return to direct.

Wonder Woman’s next appearance will be in Justice League, DC and Warner Bros.’ culmination of all the superheroes they’ve introduced over the past few years.

Justice League will be released on Nov. 17.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

Of course, in their desperation to politicize and display their hatred of Jews and Israel, and instill that hatred in their citizens, the Muslim countries will ban the sequel as well.  Actually, I'm surprised they haven't banned all Western movies already, while on their way to push their people back into the middle ages. Anyway, the results from the first film have already established that they're not needed - the gross proceeds is fast approaching a billion dollars.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

Wish I could watch this movie.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

You mean they banned it in 🇨🇳 China?  

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

China is one of the biggest overseas markets for Wonder Women XX.

China accounted for a majority of “Wonder Woman”‘s overseas success, taking in $11.6 million from around 16,000 screens on Friday. It is now the third-highest opening day for a Warner Bros. project in the country. Mexico brought in another $2.4 million from 3,440 locales.

You have to get an international view of the world, Jefferson just isn't doing it for you.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Actually it might well be in movie theatres but there are none anywhere near me until a few months from now when an IMAX is opening up in a huge department store complex accross the road.  I have actually, in my almost 11 years, only been in a movie theatre here once.  It was a 4D presentation of the final Hobbit movie - felt water spray, a punch in the back, wind, a bouncing seat, all depending on the scene on the screen.  Only time I've ever watched 4D. I saw 3D many years ago in Canada. 

It may be on one of the Intenet movie channels but will probably charge money to open it.  They would not have banned that movie here. Most American movies are shown here.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Buzz, it was a really good movie and she made a great wonder woman. Don't worry. It will be in China soon, if not already. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

I'm sure I'll get to see it eventually.

Even if I have to buy the DVD (which here will cost me the equivalent of US$1).