╌>

Trump Bans Transgendered From Serving In Military

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  7 years ago  •  114 comments

Trump Bans Transgendered From Serving In Military

Washington (CNN) President Donald Trump announced Wednesday that he plans to reinstate a ban on transgender individuals from serving "in any capacity" in the US armed forces.

The decision reversed a policy initially approved by the Defense Department under President Barack Obama, which was still under final review, that would allow transgender individuals to openly serve in the military. Defense Secretary James Mattis announced last month that he was delaying enactment of the plan to begin allowing transgender individuals to join the US military.

After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow......

19,811 19,811 Retweets

....Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military. Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming.....

20,259 20,259 Retweets

....victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail. Thank you

18,774 18,774 Retweets

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/26/politics/trump-military-transgender/index.html

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    7 years ago

Praise the Lord.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

How Much Does Gender Reassignment Surgery Actually Cost?

How much does gender reassignment surgery cost? It’s a question gaining relevance for more than just the people interested in pursuing the various procedures for themselves.

Right now, the military , government and other institutions both public and private are increasingly helping their individual members, enlistees or employees cover the expense of what’s called “sex reassignment surgery.” The costs involved in what they’ve signed up for are both high and sometimes hard to grasp.

According to multiple sources, the price of basic genital reassignment surgery (or genital reconstruction surgery) for a man transitioning to a woman ranges from $7,000 for a simple orchiectomy and vaginoplasty to $25,000 for orchiectomy and the more complicated colovaginoplasty . This is often, but not always, followed up by breast augmentation, which can run anywhere from $5,000 to $10,000. That’s a total average high of $35,000, but estimates for the two procedures combined have ranged from $10,000 to upwards of $50,000.

For women transitioning to men, the initial costs can be higher, and the choices more complicated. Some estimates lower-end cost of a metoidioplasty —a procedure that “frees” a hormone therapy-enlarged clitoris from the body for use as a phallus—at $2,000. That said, there are estimates of more complex metoidioplasties, as well as procedures that add testicles and involve full phalloplasties that top $100,000. Often double mastectomies, ranging in cost from $15,000 to $25,000, and sometimes hysterectomies, which run from $7,500 to $11,50o, are performed.

It’s important to note that the lower-end costs above take into account the fact that many candidates go overseas (Thailand in particular) for procedures. There, a long history of competing clinics and other factors keep prices down.

These estimates, however, hide the true totals of gender reassignment. Much of the important work of switching from one gender to another is done hormonally through constant and expensive treatment.

Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) costs on average $1,500 a year and candidates for reassignment surgery generally undergo a multiyear course before having any procedure. After surgery, the use of HRT typically continues indefinitely for both male-to-female and female-to-male individuals, as do the payments. Someone who transitioned at, say, 30 and continued to have HRT until, say, 90, could rack up $90,000 in prescription costs (assuming science doesn’t develop a cheaper, more effective solution).

There’s also added cosmetic expense. Before surgery, many male-to-female candidates elect to have electrolysis done to remove the hairs that HRT does not eliminate. As well, many male-to-female candidates also opt for facial reconstruction to make them appear more “feminine” ($25,000 to $60,000). Further, an outpatient chondrolaryngoplasty (the shaving down the male Adam’s apple) can cost anywhere from $2,000 to $5,000.

Our best look at what the total cost for reassignment in the U.S. comes from the   Philadelphia Center for Transgender Surgery. Their package deal for a bevy of reassignment procedures for a candidate going from male to female is $140,450. Their package covering female-to-male transition is $124,400. That estimate, however, doesn’t factor in a lifetime supply of HRT, the cost of travel to a chosen clinic, lost work days, and other expenses.

Lots of surgeries in the U.S. are crazy expensive (a simple appendectomy can top 200,000, according to a 2013 report from the White House)—the difference with sex-reassignment surgery is one of coverage. While groups (such as the U.S. military) or insurance companies are increasingly paying out for the various procedures and therapies involved,  it’s rare that any of them cover the total bill. For the individual transgendered person, transitioning almost always comes with a considerable finanical burden.

Link

Be a man or a woman join the military.jpg

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   96WS6  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

LOL SIX

The cost of SURGERY is the tip of the iceberg.     Do you give a transgender Female or Male rights?   Do you let them tell you which rights to give them?     Which barracks to they sleep in?   Which bathroom do they use?   Sorry but it is a lose lose proposition for the military they would have to make special everything to accommodate transgenders or be the constantly accused of "transgenderphobia" no matter what rules they make.

Hell even if they made special "transgender" barracks and bathrooms,  How much would you like to wager the female and male transgenders would not tolerate the "co-ed" barracks and bathrooms they expect everyone else to.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Praise the Lord.

You forgot to add the /s

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    7 years ago

When this moron eventually gets us into a ground war requiring a draft, there's going to be a whole lot of dudes wearing dresses. This is the moment Klinger was waiting for!

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

Well, Klinger's reasoning was to attempt to receive a Section 8 discharge.  Not a great example.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

Klinger did not want to be in the military, but couldn't avoid the draft.  If a draft ever comes back, there is a new way to escape it.  I wonder if this means that transgendered individuals will now be exempt from registering?

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    7 years ago

It'll never stand.

Randy
Sophomore Participates

I agree with the talking heads on TV. This is red meat for the Conservatives that are mostly currently pissed off for his attacks on Jeff Sessions, who is very popular with Conservatives and think he's getting screwed.

This is also a distraction. A shiny ball that Scaramucci has tossed out into the yard for the media to chase while he fires Sessions and tries to force taking health care from people away. This has Scaramucci all over it as it is something the Trump would not think of on his own.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Randy   7 years ago

Trump think...oxymoron

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

In his case you can remove the part that says "oxy".

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    7 years ago

Trump isn'the going to fire Sessions.  He runs circles around the MSM and their minions.  That's just a ploy to watch the media make fools of themselves again while Sessions puts the DNC in the defendants seat.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

Trump Bows to Religious Right, Bans Trans Troops

Insiders say the move—pushed by Vice President Pence—was designed to achieve a political purpose, not an explicitly military one.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    7 years ago
(deleted)

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Did that make you feel better?  Your deplorable language is noted.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  magnoliaave   7 years ago

Your deplorable language is noted.

I must agree … so, I will take it down and re-state my case.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave    7 years ago

This is a good call.  Transgenders have no place in the military. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  magnoliaave   7 years ago

... unless their rifle is trained on the enemy, whose rifle is trained on you.  Or would you rather die than have one of them protecting your six?

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

Transgenders have no place in the military. 

Because …

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet

Too disruptive. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  magnoliaave   7 years ago

Too disruptive. 

How? Why? To whom?

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Transgenders have no place in the military. 

Because …

They're crazy. The last thing the military needs to be doing is bending to the delusion of a bunch of loons who think they were born in the wrong bodies and expect Uncle Sam to pay to get them in the right ones. I especially don't want our troops to have to submit to government brain washing designed to make the loons feel comfortable pretending to be an opposite gender. 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

The last thing the military needs to be doing is bending to the delusion of a bunch of loons 

Bending how, I dare ask.

We can only thank the good Lord that there are no STRAIGHT loons.

Give me a heterosexual serial killer every time!

You see, I know the mind of God … and in His Cosmic hierarchy, the "Pussy Grabber" who never served in the military, trumps the Navy Seal-transgender-personnel every time.

Yessir!

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet

Obama never served in the military!  So, what does that have to do with anything?

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

Obama never served in the military!  So, what does that have to do with anything?

Huh?

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

I agree. Huh?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

I think some of them may be loons. What that percentage would be I have no idea.

But they represent between 1/180th and 1/1000th of the military, and I think there are other "loons" that might constitute 1/1000th of the military also. Criminals , weirdos , anti-social types. They exist in the military also, don't they?

If transgender are 1/1000th of the military I don't see what the big problem is.  In fact, til Trump mentioned it today I doubt if this was considered a burning issue in many people's minds.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

But they represent between 1/180th and 1/1000th of the military, and I think there are other "loons" that might constitute 1/1000th of the military also. Criminals , weirdos , anti-social types. They exist in the military also, don't they?

Rather than add to the number of loons because one more wouldn't hurt, put all the loons out. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

I guess you're okay with ending selective service then.  No need for transgendered folks to register anymore.  In fact, it is immoral to expect anyone to serve if they disagree with this open and blatant discrimination against their fellow citizens.  

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

I guess you're okay with ending selective service then.  No need for transgendered folks to register anymore.

They should show up like everybody else and either be rejected for having a mental disorder or told to leave the costume at the front door and line up with the rest of the men. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

Or just send the government an email telling them to go fuck themselves.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

Or just send the government an email telling them to go fuck themselves.

Better yet, the government can tell them that. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

Or maybe the tyrannical government can put them in jail.  That's good conservative policy.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

Why should transgender military personnel risk their lives so that bigots can keep them from being in the military?

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

Why should transgender military personnel risk their lives so that bigots can keep them from being in the military?

Why should the military become a sideshow just to make deranged people happy? 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

Why should the military become a sideshow just to make deranged people happy? 

Who are you to decide what constitutes a sideshow, and who is or is not deranged?

And you did not answer my question.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

And you did not answer my question.

There's no such thing as a behavior bigot. I treat gender identity disorder like any other disorder. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

Except that that is not how the DSM-V treats it. In the DSM-V it is only a diagnosed disorder if it causes the person distress. In other words it is not a disorder if the person is happy and/or comfortable with themselves as they are.

The  American Psychiatric Association , publisher of the DSM-5, states that "gender nonconformity is not in itself a mental disorder. The critical element of gender dysphoria is the presence of clinically significant distress associated with the condition. "

In short, people who are happy being Transgender do not have a mental disorder.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

I treat gender identity disorder like any other disorder.

So erectile disjunction is grounds for dismissal or outright rejection from the military, in your opinion?

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

Treat gender identity disorder like erectile dysfunction and cure it. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates

There is nothing to cure when it comes to the Transgendered. They don't have a disorder to be cured.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

And until you can maintain an erection, you are not welcome in the military?  We can do this all night, but you're never going to get past this.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

We can do this all night, but you're never going to get past this.

Perhaps you're not getting it but I'm not buying a thing you're saying.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

It was you who said treat gender disorders like erectile dysfunction, in an article about refusing transgendered individuals military service.  What about that are you not getting?

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

I wasn't the one who brought up erectile dysfunction.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

Yeah, that was you.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

Yeah, that was you.

I didn't mention erectile dysfunction. I was referring to other deviant behavior. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates

I didn't mention erectile dysfunction. I was referring to other deviant behavior. 

You equated erectile dysfunction to being Transgender right here;

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
Erectile dysfunction qualifies as "any other disorder". In fact, here a few dozen others that qualify:

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

Randy
Sophomore Participates

They should show up like everybody else and either be rejected for having a mental disorder

Except they don't have one.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

Yes they do. 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

But the masquerade is McHugh’s. His approach to transgender support — and his  general antipathy to the entire LGBT community  — has already been  widely debunked .

For example, he regularly claims that surgery does not support the mental health of transgender people, but he does so by citing a study comparing people who had surgery to people who weren’t even transgender.

He also claims that transgender people are simply persuaded by culture that changing their body will solve their other psycho-social problems, which ignores the fact that many transgender people never undergo such surgeries.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

Yes they do. 

No, according to the DSM-V, they do not. And I will take their decision over an opinion piece on CNS News. They are the authority.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

If they think they were born in the wrong body, then they're batshit crazy just like people who think they're napoleon or a space alien. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates

The American Psychiatric Association, who decides these things, say that they are not.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

The American psychiatric association does not decide a single thing for me.

Randy
Sophomore Participates

Well, we can all be happy about that! Especially The American Psychiatric Association! They do, however, decide what is or is not a Psychiatric disorder.

Did it bother you when you were in the military to serve next to someone who may be transgender...or gay?

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

And you didn't answer Mac's question yet;

Nor mine;

Did it bother you when you were in the military to serve next to someone who may be transgender...or gay?

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

Hey! 1ofmany!!!

You didn't answer Mac's question yet;

Nor mine;

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Mr. Russell....you are right.  The military stand together as one unit when training and going into battle.  My husband is a Marine....long retired, but still a Marine.  Trust is one of the main components.  That trust breaks down or could break down.  IMO, with gay people that doesn't happen.  A transgender is entirely different.

Randy
Sophomore Participates

There are Transgender Marines right now. So far there have been no problems.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

Much of the REPUBLICAN BASE can be successfully pandered to by the POLITICIAN WHO IS NEITHER ASHAMED OF, NOR EMBARRASSED BY, CONVEYING VIA ANY MEANS, THAT HE PERSONALLY HATES THE SAME RACIAL, ETHNIC, NATIONAL OR GENDER ENTITIES THEY HATE.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

A retired Navy SEAL Team 6 hero who is transgender had a message for President Donald Trump after he announced the US military would bar transgender people from serving .

"Let's meet face to face and you tell me I'm not worthy," Kristin Beck, a 20-year veteran of the Navy SEALs, told Business Insider on Wednesday. "Transgender doesn't matter. Do your service."

Kristen Beck

Beck said Trump's abrupt change in policy could negatively affect many currently or wanting to serve in the military. The RAND Corporation estimated in 2016 that there were between 1,320 and 6,630 transgender people serving. Many of them just want to serve their country like everyone else, Beck said.

"Being transgender doesn't affect anyone else," Beck said. "We are liberty's light. If you can't defend that for everyone that's an American citizen, that's not right."

Beck is not just your average service member. Born Christopher Beck, she served for 20 years in the Navy with SEAL Teams 1, 5, and, eventually, the elite 6. She deployed 13 times over two decades, including stints in Bosnia, Iraq, and Afghanistan. She received the Bronze Star award for valor and the Purple Heart for wounds suffered in combat.

"I was defending individual liberty," she said. "I defended for Republicans. I defended for Democrats. I defended for everyone."

In a series of tweets, Trump said the decision was based on the costs of medical services that transgender service members could use. But "the money is negligible," Beck said. "You're talking about .000001% of the military budget.

"They care more about the airplane or the tank than they care about people," Beck said. "They don't care about people. They don't care about human beings."

When asked about potential problems with unit cohesion or war fighting, Beck said those were not issues that would arise from transgender service members, but from leadership.

"A very professional unit with great leadership wouldn't have a problem," Beck said. "I can have a Muslim serving right beside Jerry Falwell, and we're not going to have a problem. It's a leadership issue, not a transgender issue."

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

there were between 1,320 and 6,630 transgender people serving.

1,196,897/6630= 180.

At the high end appx one half of one percent of the military is transgender.

At the low end , one -tenth of one percent ( or 1 out of a 1000).

What kind of disruption can they cause?

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

There's nothing that requires the military or anybody else to recognize the absurd idea of gender reassignment. The military should only recognize birth gender. If you were born a man, then serve as a man or get out. 

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

Correct.

Randy
Sophomore Participates

There's nothing that requires the military or anybody else to recognize the absurd idea of gender reassignment.

There's nothing that requires the military or anybody else to recognize the absurd idea of erectile dysfunction. Yet the military treats it and spends 10's of millions of dollars on free Viagra and other ED drugs. Ten times more then on Transgender health.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Didn't serve as a transgender.

Randy
Sophomore Participates

A transgender person is still a transgender person, no matter the disguise they wore while serving. When I served in the Air Force in the mid-1970's most of us were aware of at least a few gay people and I have no doubt that I served with Transgender people. It was no a big deal then and it's not one now. We were professional while on duty as we had to be to complete the mission, not to worry about how a person working next to us identified themselves in their own time. Besides, you do not know how this Navy Seal spent her off duty time, so you have no idea of if they were serving as a transgender while in the Navy. For all you know she went home to her apartment and changed into clothes that fit her gender identification, so saying she did not serve as a Transgender is something you can not assume or know.

Besides, Kavika points out (below) this has nothing to do with if Transgender people should or should not serve. This is about Trump and his Wall across the Southern border that is never going to be built.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

We were professional while on duty as we had to be to complete the mission, not to worry about how a person working next to us identified themselves in their own time.

You speak only for yours; others don't like it.

Besides, you do not know how this Navy Seal spent her off duty time, so you have no idea of if they were serving as a transgender while in the Navy. For all you know she went home to her apartment and changed into clothes that fit her gender identification, so saying she did not serve as a Transgender is something you can not assume or know.

I based my comment on "his" picture. And he will never be a "she."

Besides, Kavika points out (below) this has nothing to do with if Transgender people should or should not serve. This is about Trump and his Wall across the Southern border that is never going to be built.

I don't care as long as transgenders are kept out. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates

You speak only for yours; others don't like it.

He is a she if she gender identifies with being a she.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

He is a she if she gender identifies with being a she.

Self-identication is complete bullshit. You can call him a woman if you want to but men in the military shouldn't be forced to do it.

Randy
Sophomore Participates

Self-identication is complete bullshit. You can call him a woman if you want to but men in the military shouldn't be forced to do it.

IYHO.

Randy
Sophomore Participates

I don't care as long as transgenders are kept out. 

They are already there. There has been no problem with it yet. This is not a question of if they should be allowed to serve. That has already happened. It is a question of if you are now going to try to actively stop them from what they are already doing.

So what about that many that are already honorably serving? 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

So what about that many that are already honorably serving? 

Discharge them. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates

On what grounds? There is nothing wrong with them and they have been serving honorably.

You also didn't answer my question;

Randy
Sophomore Participates

Discharge them. 

What was the character of service on your Discharge papers? I believe it's in Section 6e on your DD214.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

I have a desire to "trans" into an angel. How much would it cost to attach workable wings to my back?

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

I have a desire to "trans" into an angel. How much would it cost to attach workable wings to my back?

If you were somebody else, then I'd say the quickest/cheapest way would be suicide. But I like you so I'm not saying it. Lol.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

Thank you for a double compliment.  Firstly, that you like me, and secondly that you think I would become an angel rather than grow horns and a tail. LOL

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Next, democrats will say they're transpecies. They can get a surgeon to attach a tail and two more legs so they can join the K-9 unit. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/military-spends-five-times-much-viagra-it-would-transgender-troop-medical-care?

President Donald Trump has banned transgender Americans from serving in the U.S. military, asserting that their health care requirements were too costly.

The military spends five times as much on Viagra alone than it does in medical services for transgender service members.

In 2016, the Rand Corporation issued a study on transgender service members. The report was commissioned by the Department of Defense and found that roughly 2,450 of 1.3 million active service members were transgender. The Rand Corp. estimated that medical costs for transgender military service members would rise between $2.4 million and $8.4 million per year, amounting to a maximum of 0.13 percent spending increases for overall service members’ medical services.

The study estimated that the maximum increase in transgender medical costs would amount to a thousandth of one percent of the Defense Department budget, according to The Washington Post.

The Rand Corp. report also concluded that allowing transgender Americans to serve in the military would have "little or no impact on unit cohesion, operational effectiveness or readiness."

Meanwhile, the military spends far more in helping service members treat erectile dysfunction. In February 2015, data from the Defense Health Agency found that the military spent $41.6 million annually to provide service members with Viagra. Overall, the military spent $84 million on medicine to treat erectile dysfunction, according to the Military Times.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

Trump could give a shit about transgender or not. It's all about getting the border wall built. 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson    7 years ago

Transgenders should be able to serve but they should pay for any elective surgeries they have while serving.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

Time for another joke relevant to the article - a little racist, but not uncomplimentry.

A little white guy was peeing in a urinal when a big black guy runs in, stands in the next urinal and says "Whew, I just made it."  The white guy takes a peek and says "Wow, can you make one of those for me?"

sixpick
Professor Quiet

The Progressives always claim to be so much more scientific and smarter than the rest of us.  Actually they are engineers and Social Engineering is their specialty.  It's alternately known as Cultural Marxism.  Desecrating the country by any means they can come up with is the way they destroy the culture of a country and that is their objective in the United States.

Anything, whether it is unisex bathrooms or teaching young teenagers the pleasures of anal sex, anything that destroys the moral fabric of the country is fair game.  At the same time they have no problem with teaching young teenagers the pleasures of anal sex and how to perform it because it's educational, they scream if someone wants to inform young people the tragedies that come with abortions by showing them a video of an abortion.

In a new study, 30 percent of transgender youth report a history of at least one suicide attempt, and nearly 42 percent report a history of self-injury, such as cutting.

Link

Science Daily

PRO-SCIENCE

These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence based through the use of credible scientific sourcing.  Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased and does not use emotional words.  These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias, but adhere to scientific principles.

Unlike "Think Progress"

Link

These people are serious.  Transgender is just one.

http://cdn.transgenderuniverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Cari-Rez-Lobo-gender-symbol-graphic..jpg

Link

The way this country is going, the Democrat Party will need to change their name to the "Gay Party" as it seems all the websites they depend on to get their information are run by people with partners.  No offense.  I don't care if you are transgender, gay or any of the above, but if you are, you need to keep it in the closet if you want to serve in the military.  Obama has purged nearly all of the Generals and higher ranked officers, commissioned and non-commissioned, who had any balls from the military with his Cultural Marxism while he was in office by any means he could.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

Out of the 8 years Obama was President, how many of those years was there a ban on transgenders in the military?  I know.  You should know.

Randy
Sophomore Participates

One of the things I find odd about this whole thing is that Trump said he consulted with his "Generals and military experts", yet the Pentagon said it was caught completely be surprise. No one can seem to find any active duty military person Trump consulted with about this before his tweets.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

Trump broached the transgender thing to appease the hater-base that loves the bigot AG Sessions.

It's not complicated. The drooling knuckle-dragged religionists love the move, Trump gets some time off from the Russia headlines and the Obamacare reform failure ... all part of fulfilling the bumper sticker dream of the double-digit IQ voter to ...

Make America Hate Again. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

He threw them a fish, because they support Sessions and he is savaging him in their eyes, so he is losing his popularity among them. It won't work. Transgenders are already serving honorably and openly in all of the branches of the U.S. military. There is no going back.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

So Obama kept a ban on transgenders for 7 of the 8 years he was the President.  Just proving he is the POS those who aren't so blind to believe otherwise know.  He allowed transgenders to be in the military right before his permanent vacation, leaving the fallout for the next President and the Pentagon hasn't been caught by surprise either.  All this crap has dates on it when certain things have to be done by that executive order issued last year and Obama as usual has left the room.  What a low life scoundrel!!!

7 of the last 8 years.  Obama didn't do anything.  He allowed gays to be in the military in 2011.  What happened to 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and right at the end of his term he puts it on Trump.  What's it like being a rag doll?  Not much different than stabbing Israel in the back.  Obama's got our back.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Perfect!

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

So you want to turn this into a music article.  Good.  I like that better anyway.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

my favorite

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

It's not complicated. The drooling knuckle-dragged religionists love the move, Trump gets some time off from the Russia headlines and the Obamacare reform failure ... all part of fulfilling the bumper sticker dream of the double-digit IQ voter to ...

He doesn't have to pander to them. It's even easier to create a distraction by stirring up the K2 soaked gender confused butt hole surfers in the Democratic Party . . . who'll riot at the very thought of having to live as though they were sane. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
link   Old Hermit  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

NO!

This policy change is just another indication of how much the Trump administration is trying to drag America backwards.

Re-instating the failed " Don't ask / Don't tell " policy, the failed " mandatory sentencing " guide lines of the 90's, reigniting the failed " war on pot" , trying to invigorate the repulsive and un-American "Forfeiture" laws.

Such a corrosive and incompetent Administration, so nauseating to watch in action.

Transgender Navy SEAL hero dares Trump: 'Tell me I'm not worthy to my face'

The reaction of former Navy SEAL Team 6 member Kristin Beck to Donald Trump’s ban on transgender people serving in the military, could not have been simpler: “Let’s meet face to face and you tell me I’m not worthy.”

The 20-year military veteran, who became the first US Navy SEAL to come out as transgender in 2013, said a person’s gender identity made no difference to their ability to do the job.

“Being transgender doesn’t affect anyone else,” she told Business Insider. “We are liberty’s light. If you can’t defend that for everyone that’s an American citizen, that’s not right.”

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Old Hermit   7 years ago

Now if I could just get on of the people who are bitching the most and have zero experience of being in the military, namely 1ofmany, to answer the same question. 

When I was in the Air Force in the early to mid-70's we absolutely knew some of the members of our ranks were gay and I am sure some were transgender. Many of us could have screwed up the lives of the gay members of our Wing, but we didn't. I mean, so what? It didn't matter because what they did in their off duty lives was their business. What did it have to do with the mission e were tasked to perform? Not a damned thing.

As far as I am concerned if any of them were able to serve openly then I would not have had any problem with it and I would have been willing to work just as closely with them and depend on them and why not? They were there to do the same job I was.

This whole LGBTQ's serving openly in the military screws with the head of a lot more people who don't serve and who have never served, then it does with Veterans. They love their country too and that's good enough for me!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  Old Hermit   7 years ago

Annamarie Cox commented last night on the Lawrence O'Donnell show that the Trump Whitehouse is like watching five year olds play soccer.

After which, she apologized ...

... To five year olds.

sixpick
Professor Quiet