╌>

Nuts Over Nutella

Category:  Now Trending

Via:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  10 comments

Nuts Over Nutella

Brawls broke out in French supermarkets on Thursday as shoppers scrambled to get their hands on discounted pots of the chocolate and …

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

Fights broke out in French supermarkets after they started selling the hazelnut-and-cocoa spread Nutella at a steep discount, according to local media.

The sales at the Intermarché chain—€1.41 ($1.76) a jar, representing 70% off—prompted “riot scenes everywhere,” according to the Lyon-based newspaper Le Progrès .

The paper reported that people “threw themselves” on store employees who were bringing out pallets of the popular spread. “They are like animals,” reported one customer, who talked about bloody hands, pulled hair and people being punched in the head.

Police were even called in to break up fights, according to the BBC , which said violent scenes occurred across the country.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

What food would you fight for?

The closest I would come would probably be for my favorite pizza, which comes from a place called Palermo's here on the south side of Chicago. Thin crust. 

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
2.1  GaJenn78  replied to  JohnRussell @2    6 years ago

They have those frozen at my grocery store. Probably doesn't taste near as good as the fresh though.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @2    6 years ago

Cheesecake.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3  Perrie Halpern R.A.    6 years ago

Well, I love Nutella. I have since I was a little girl. Don't know if I would riot over it. 

Cadbury Chocolate Flakes... since they are almost impossible to find here in the US. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3    6 years ago
Cadbury Chocolate Flakes... since they are almost impossible to find here in the US. 

I'd never heard of them until I saw your post. They look good! Have you tried Amazon?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.1    6 years ago

I found them on Amazon also and placed an order.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

When Dove ice cream bars first came out they had a truck passing out free samples on Michigan Ave downtown.  Lots of pushing and shoving that day. They are great. 

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
4.1  GaJenn78  replied to  JohnRussell @4    6 years ago

Dove ice cream bars are awesome! I also love the Haagan Daz almond bars :-)

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
5  GaJenn78    6 years ago

Is Nutella hard to find there? Sometimes in the Sunday paper I can find really good coupons for it, $2-$3 off usually. My girls love it so I usually am able to find a great deal on it with the coupons.