╌>

Pelosi Tries to GIVE HERSELF a $137,000 Tax Break!

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  americarepublic  •  6 years ago  •  299 comments

Pelosi Tries to GIVE HERSELF a $137,000 Tax Break!

B487C0CBF9DE4B3CB5663F9DDD9328FA.png

Nancy Pelosi, who somehow as a career politician has accumulated a $120 million net worth, has been caught red handed trying to give HERSELF a fat tax break.

http://truthfeednews.com/pelosi-tries-to-give-herself-a-137000-tax-break/

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
1  seeder  AmericaRepublic    6 years ago

From the same person who stated that the tax cut would kill everyone lol.... priceless 

AR

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.), who often rails against income inequality and calls on the wealthy to pay its “fair share” in taxes, took pains in late December to try to preserve tax breaks for two of her multi-million-dollar homes one last time before the new tax law kicked in.

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
1.1  seeder  AmericaRepublic  replied to  AmericaRepublic @1    6 years ago

177B617CD54F401F8DEBFA741CCC52E6.jpeg

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1.3  pat wilson  replied to  AmericaRepublic @1    6 years ago

Millions of people with significant real estate holdings tried that.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
1.3.1  Spikegary  replied to  pat wilson @1.3    6 years ago

Tried to change the tax laws to benefit themselves as a Representative in the Capitol?  Or became multi-millionaires while serving as an elected congresswoman?

Bourbon Street
Freshman Silent
1.4  Bourbon Street  replied to  AmericaRepublic @1    6 years ago

Keep in mind that this is the very same self serving liberal political hack that once said "Hama is a humanitarian organization."

What else would you expect from a race-baiting liberal goober that loves illegal aliens - especially MS-13, hates the middle class and unborn children? After telling us that American Citizens would die if there was a government shut down she lead the charge to withhold the funds to keep the government open because she and Chuckie Shumer want to keep all those illegals and criminals they've allowed in.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2  Sunshine    6 years ago

She is a disgusting person on all levels.

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
2.1  seeder  AmericaRepublic  replied to  Sunshine @2    6 years ago

it is true but I have to admit she’s funny as hell

AR

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sunshine @2    6 years ago
She is a disgusting person on all levels

They can't all be as wholesome as Trump

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2.2.1  Sunshine  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.2    6 years ago

what kind of person wants to contribute to this?

“It is the end of the world,” Pelosi. “The debate on health care is life/death. This is Armageddon.”

she is killing people

and the laughs never stop from the Democrats

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
3  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

$137,000 …That's chump change!

SELECTIVE RIGHT-WING OUTRAGE!

A bit of perspective

Trump Says G.O.P. Tax Bill Wouldn’t Benefit Him. That’s Not True.

REALLY?

Donald Trump’s Tax Cuts Will Save Him Millions of Dollars

The final bill cuts the top tax rate, rewards real estate businesses, and helps wealthy heirs.

Many of the arguments that Republicans have used to sell their tax bill are completely implausible. There is overwhelming reason to believe, for example, that the tax cut won’t  pay for itself . Then there’s President Donald Trump’s  claim  that the legislation will cost him a “fortune.”

Trump could prove today that he’s telling the truth by releasing his tax returns. He just chooses not to. And everything we know about his finances suggests he will actually save tens of millions of dollars in the years to come.

Trump will benefit from the tax cuts in many ways. First, there’s the reduction in the income tax rates. Instead of paying 39.6 percent on their income, top earners will now pay 37 percent. But for some Americans, including Trump, the real rate will actually be far lower. That’s because the GOP legislation allows many business owners to deduct 20 percent of their income. This new deduction—for so-called “pass-through” businesses whose profits are taxed as individual income—reduces the top rate to below 30 percent. Trump’s most recent financial disclosure form lists ties to more than  500  businesses that collectively make up the Trump Organization. His attorneys  said  last year that almost all of them are pass-throughs. 

The Senate bill’s pass-through provision could have largely excluded Trump and other real estate developers by tying the amount of pass-through income they can deduct to how much their businesses pay in wages. But that was changed at the last minute; the final version of the bill will allow real estate companies that don’t have many employees to qualify for the 20 percent discount, too. James Repetti, a tax law professor at Boston College,  told   Bloomberg  that the change was a “windfall” for Trump. (In any form, cutting taxes on business income is an  unprecedented penalty against the  vast majority  of Americans who don’t own their own business and instead rely on wages and salaries for their income.)

Earlier this year, a  leaked portion  of Trump’s 2005 tax return showed that he earned $67 million from a category that includes real estate and partnerships. Four tax experts  told   Forbes  that was likely pass-through income. Trump also reported an additional $42 million in “business income” that might have come from pass-throughs. If Trump has maintained this level of income, those figures suggest that he could save up to $11 million per year by using the new 20-percent discount on business profits.

If we're going to be indignant … let's be QUANTITATIVELY indignant!

owlsview677
Freshman Silent
3.3  owlsview677  replied to  A. Macarthur @3    6 years ago

Indignant about what? This story is a cheap shot. An unnecessary one at that. Unnecessary to make Pelosi look bad anyway.

It does however provide an opportunity to make snide remarks about Trump, the majority of members in Congress, and anybody that was against the tax plan yet still intelligent enough to take advantage of this tax break by paying up in advance before a higher rate sets in. If you can it would be foolish not to.

Still, this is a good article. The type needed to spur multiple hits of contentious muckraking and finger pointing. We are living in a "Catch 22'. The reality of needing civil discourse to work on improving our country and the financial necessities required to remain on the internet.

Hat's off to JBB for his contribution yesterday. People have a great need for venting. Articles that create meta gives them a place to do so. The challenge is to provide them enough places to vent and keep it out of more serious discussions.

I am all for civility, but I don't mind contributing a tad to this smack-a-thon. So have at it and bring on the hits.

It isn't Nancy Pelosi's physical features that make her appear like an evil witch. It's her persona.

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
3.4  OldUSAFGuy  replied to  A. Macarthur @3    6 years ago

Mere Crumbs..........

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4  It Is ME    6 years ago

"$137,000 …That's chump change!"

Pelosi must really be pissed over those crumbs she's getting...... NOT ! yak yak

Love it when the Liberal "Rich" tell us regular folks...."$1,000.00 is nothing....as if they are trying to be sympathetic. laughing dude

In my little piece of AMERICA....$ 1,000.00 ain't chump change........ MISS FUCKING RICH LADYstunned

Besides....Little Richie Rich Rachael Maddow already showed us....Trump pays millions in taxes. laughing dude

Does "Liberal" stupidity have an end ? patience

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
4.1  Willjay9  replied to  It Is ME @4    6 years ago

Love it when the Liberal "Rich" tell us regular folks...."$1,000.00 is nothing....as if they are trying to be sympathetic

A 1000.00 year is nothing.....it's an extra bag of groceries a month....maybe, whereas Trump and his minions will be saving 10 times what this idiotic article is accusing Pelosi of saving! Btw just remember most of Trump's properties are in a corporate name so the property tax is incidental to him!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Willjay9 @4.1    6 years ago
A 1000.00 year is nothing.

You rich ?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.3  It Is ME  replied to    6 years ago

Only a Liberal could bitch about being FORCED to keep their own money. close call

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.1.4  Sunshine  replied to  Willjay9 @4.1    6 years ago
it's an extra bag of groceries a month....

what do you buy?

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
4.1.5  Willjay9  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.1    6 years ago
You rich ?

I'm middle class 

And there is the liberal compassion we here so much about,  1000.00 dollars more a year for food that you can by on your own and maintain some self respect......Hell NO!!!! have some government cheese and be grateful, that money is not yours and we know best.

1000.00/year accounts to about 83 bucks a month, which once again is just barely enough to buy an extra bag of groceries each month for a family of 4. But hey! as long as Trump and his buddies can make and save millions (funny how they get a 3.3% tax cut while we middle class only gets a 1.6-2.2%) what do we have to complain about right.....I guess the crumbs are good enough for you!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.6  It Is ME  replied to  Willjay9 @4.1.5    6 years ago
I'm middle class

Me too ! la de da

In "real middle class world".....a grand ain't chump change. close call

But...apparently in YOUR "Middle Class" world, you'll be sending YOUR grand back to the Gov.....since it's only worth a few groceries. stunned

Kudos to you for your extra monetary contributions to society !  thumbs up

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
4.1.7  Explorerdog  replied to  Sunshine @4.1.4    6 years ago

So $83.00 a month will rock your world, no wonder prosperity politics has you by the nose.

Iamak47
Freshman Silent
4.1.8  Iamak47  replied to  Willjay9 @4.1    6 years ago
A 1000.00 year is nothing

like you said, a bag of groceries.........or auto insurance or gas to get to work?.  Or a couple retainers for your kids teeth?.  These things aren’t nothing.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
4.1.9  Colour Me Free  replied to    6 years ago
1000.00 dollars more a year for food that you can by on your own and maintain some self respect..

Ask a single mom how much difference that 1000 dollars can make in her life at tax time ..  if the car needs tires and brakes ... ta da a 1000 just saved her from having to make choices that she cannot afford in order to keep the vehicle she needs, safe to drive (been there, done that)  Self respect keeps a lot of single moms going - and those measly 1000 dollar shot in the arm are a god send... 

83 extra dollars a month can pay the electric bill .. or an extra tank of gas, plus an extra bag of groceries... at least in my world 83 dollars can go a long ways

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.1.10  Sunshine  replied to  Explorerdog @4.1.7    6 years ago

Skirting the CoC [ph]

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.1.11  Sunshine  replied to  Colour Me Free @4.1.9    6 years ago

what have the Democrats given a single mom?  except lip service of course.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.12  It Is ME  replied to  Explorerdog @4.1.7    6 years ago
So $83.00 a month will rock your world

Ya see....$1,000.00 is an instant give back ! thumbs up

The same companies that are giving those.... "crumbs".... are also raising the minimum wage on their own now. la de da

Why are Liberals so damned adamant that giving money back to employee's/People, is such a bad thing now. patience

Is it that Libtards need things to go bad for "People", as the only way they can get back into "Political Power" ? crazy

If that's the case....Liberals are "Dumber than a fucking box of rocks" and deserve to LOOSE EVERY FUCKING TIME....Like has been happening since 2010 !  chuckle

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
4.1.13  Colour Me Free  replied to  Sunshine @4.1.11    6 years ago

Outside of medical coverage for children (which is huge) I could not tell what they have done - Obamacare was a nightmare for me .. but it did provide insurance for those that could not afford it ... but others had to pay for it ...................

Both sides of the aisle have their good and bad ideas : )

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.1.14  Sunshine  replied to  Colour Me Free @4.1.13    6 years ago
Outside of medical coverage for children (which is huge)

If you are referring to the CHIP program, that has basically been a bipartisan effort going back years.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.1.15  Jasper2529  replied to  Willjay9 @4.1    6 years ago
A 1000.00 year is nothing.....it's an extra bag of groceries a month

Tell that to a single mom working 2 jobs so she can stay off welfare and feed her children by paying her own way. To her, $1000.00 is a lot of money.

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
4.1.16  Willjay9  replied to  Sunshine @4.1.4    6 years ago

I have a family of 5, my wife, me and my 3 preteen girls, in which we need two special diets as well as making sure I children eat healthy, so yeah it's an extra bag of groceries every month.

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
4.1.17  Willjay9  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.6    6 years ago
In "real middle class world".....a grand ain't chump change.

Really? Can you list what an extra grand a month can get you know adays? Cell phone bill? Car payment? Utility bill? Insurance (health/car)? Why aren't we getting the 3.3% along with Trump and their buddies since this plan is all sooo good?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.1.18  Sunshine  replied to  Willjay9 @4.1.16    6 years ago

why are you not gripping about the tax cut the Democrats gave you?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.19  It Is ME  replied to  Willjay9 @4.1.17    6 years ago
Really? Can you list what an extra grand a month can get you know adays?

Really ?

Now you have this need to know MY finances to try and make a lame argument on how it's a bad thing that I keep or get to keep what "I" make ? laughing dude

Liberals............ close call

By the way.....I'll take $ 1,000.00 given to me any day.

You ?

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
4.1.20  Willjay9  replied to  Iamak47 @4.1.8    6 years ago
like you said, a bag of groceries.........or auto insurance or gas to get to work?.  Or a couple retainers for your kids teeth?.  

Dude what decade are you in?! Please tell me where you can get full coverage car insurance for at least 2 cars for less than 1000.00/yr! (Seriously, I would like to know that!) As for gas........you've got to smoking that good stuff! And retainers, now I know you're tripping! I just got my middle child brasses it even with insurance it cost me over 1500.00 bucks!

These things aren’t nothing.

Yeah but this tax plan giving the middle class pennies is very close to it!

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
4.1.22  Willjay9  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.1.15    6 years ago
Tell that to a single mom working 2 jobs so she can stay off welfare and feed her children by paying her own way.

Comedy! You would be calling her a taker! Because a single mom working 2 jobs so she could stay off welfare would be getting a refund check with or without this tax cut!

Hilarious how NOW you all care about the single mom working 2 jobs to feed her kids!

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
4.1.24  Colour Me Free  replied to  Sunshine @4.1.14    6 years ago

CHIP was passed in 1997, but was originally introduced by Ted Kennedy with Orrin Hatch (if I am remembering correctly)  I always just think of it as a (D) program, prob because it was signed by Clinton.  my bad

It is interesting how so many howl about Medicaid - yet support CHIP .. go figure

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.25  Sparty On  replied to  Willjay9 @4.1.17    6 years ago

Really?

You're arguing about $1000 not being much?   Really?

I guess the old adage "a penny saved is a penny earned" is completely lost on your generation.

Unbelievable!

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.1.26  Sunshine  replied to  Colour Me Free @4.1.24    6 years ago
CHIP was passed in 1997

It was introduced originally by a Democrat from the commission, but it was a bipartisan effort.

Almost a decade prior, the U.S. Bipartisan Commission on Comprehensive Health Care was formed in 1989 and charged with recommending “legislative action to ensure coverage for all Americans.”

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
4.1.27  Colour Me Free  replied to  Willjay9 @4.1.17    6 years ago
Can you list what an extra grand a month can get you know adays?

An extra grand a month would be heavenly - wow the things I could do with that.  Since everything I have is paid for that extra grand would most likely go in savings .. at the end of the years I would have 12 grand to purchase more Amazon or maybe more Tesla shares.

I know you did not mean a grand a month - but I could not resist : )

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
4.1.28  Willjay9  replied to  Sunshine @4.1.18    6 years ago
why are you not gripping about the tax cut the Democrats gave you?

The Republicans gave us a bone a temporary reprieve so that they can get re-elected, because the entities they really meant this cut for got off waaay more the American people! If they were truly serious they would have made the peoples tax cut permanent and corporations temporary, they would have made an across the board 3.3% cut instead of only giving it to the wealthiest 1%.......Tell me will you be saying the same thing in 2024 when it expires and the middle class wind up paying close to 1% MORE in taxes than what they are paying now?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.1.29  Sunshine  replied to  Willjay9 @4.1.28    6 years ago

again, why are you not gripping about the Democrat tax cuts?

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
4.1.30  Willjay9  replied to    6 years ago

First off I meant 1K a year….which if you follow the thread you would have known it was a mistype……but I digress.

own my truck, RV and Harley outright so no monthly payments there.

Ok? And? You got a point are just trying to brag?

My monthly lot rent on my RV is $390.00 which includes electricity and water.

Which means, no $1K a year wouldn’t be able to pay your lot rent

My combined insurance policies, truck, Harley, RV and a homeowners policy which covers the contents is $172.00 per month through State Farm. 

....Couldn’t pay that either

My dish network is 80 bucks per month,

Ok you getting warmer

my cell through Verizon is $120.00 and my internet is $60.00. 

So no couldn’t pay that either…..

That totals $834.00 per month so a grand a month would pay ALL of my expenses and leave me a little cash to boot.

And If I was getting an extra grand a month, then I would singing the praises of Trump myself, but the reality is the middle class is saying around 1000-1600/YR, So in essence the only thing this little extra tax cut would get you would be a cable bill…..OR an extra bag of groceries!

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
4.1.31  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Sunshine @4.1.29    6 years ago

Once is a typo.  Twice is something else.  I think you mean "griping"

Skirting the CoC [ph]

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
4.1.32  Willjay9  replied to  Colour Me Free @4.1.27    6 years ago

Had to vote you up on that one....discovered the mistake too late to edit!good one

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
4.1.34  Willjay9  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.19    6 years ago

Really ?

Now you have this need to know MY finances to try and make a lame argument on how it's a bad thing that I keep or get to keep what "I" make ? laughing dude

When did I ask you about your finances?! I seem too remember asking you what 1K a year can get you (in the general use) nowadays...like I told you in another seed, it's not all about you!

By the way.....I'll take $ 1,000.00 given to me any day.

So in other words you would glad to take the penny the rich allows you to have while they take the dollar......gotcha!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.35  It Is ME  replied to  Willjay9 @4.1.34    6 years ago
(in the general use)

Now it's "in General use".....even though YOU used "YOU" a lot every where else in your comment. thumbs up  

"So in other words you would glad to take the penny the rich allows"

Actually....Nancy.....The Rich pay me way more than that for what I do for them. That is just an extra....added on. chuckle

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
4.1.36  Willjay9  replied to    6 years ago
Forward to your democrat representative that you want more tax cuts, I'm sure he will appreciate the input!

Funny back in 2015 Democrats actually did propose a tax cut for the middle class that basically had the middle class saving about the same amount they would be saving now......too bad the Republican representatives was too receptive......I wonder what changed?.....Oh yeah, their rich backers wasn't getting anything in return!

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
4.1.37  Willjay9  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.35    6 years ago
Actually....Nancy.....The Rich pay me way more than that for what I do for them. That is just an extra....added on

Really?! So a middle class person pays LESS than a rich person? So you think it's fair that a middle class person pays MORE of a percentage of their income than a rich person?...yeah keep drinking that Koolaid!

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
4.1.39  Willjay9  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.35    6 years ago
Now it's "in General use".....even though YOU used "YOU" a lot every where else in your comment.

Ok.....let's look at my comment since you want to play the semantic game

Really? Can you list what an extra grand a month can get you know adays? Cell phone bill? Car payment? Utility bill? Insurance (health/car)?

Besides of the quick typing and misspelled word I used (I'll admit it) when did I ask to know about your finances? Is the word you in the sentence used as a generalized word or not...or once again do you think it's all about you and refuse to acknowledge the usage?

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
4.1.40  Willjay9  replied to    6 years ago
Democrats, stealing money from the rich to buy votes from the poor.

And now we have Republicans stealing money for the poor to help the rich to trick the poor into voting for them

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.42  It Is ME  replied to  Willjay9 @4.1.39    6 years ago
Ok.....let's look at my comment

I already did. That's why my comment. How YOU think you did, is between YOU....and YOU !

I already made my decision.

"Besides of the quick typing and misspelled word I used (I'll admit it)"

I never questioned you on that. Feeling guilty ?

The word "YOU"....YOU used....before asking about bills, said it all.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.43  It Is ME  replied to  Willjay9 @4.1.37    6 years ago

Skirting the CoC [ph]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.44  It Is ME  replied to  Willjay9 @4.1.40    6 years ago

The poor don't pay....they're government assistance recipients ! close call

In simpler words....funded by those that aren't poor, and they get monies that was never paid into the system by themselves IF they file !

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
4.1.45  Spikegary  replied to  Willjay9 @4.1.28    6 years ago

So, you'll be sending your extra return money back to the government to apply towards the national debt, right?

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
4.1.46  tomwcraig  replied to  Willjay9 @4.1    6 years ago
A 1000.00 year is nothing.....it's an extra bag of groceries a month....maybe

Wow, you shop at an expensive grocery store.  If you shopped at WinCo Foods, that would be 5 shopping trips with a full cart each time of great quality groceries.

Iamak47
Freshman Silent
4.1.53  Iamak47  replied to  Willjay9 @4.1.20    6 years ago

I didn’t say full coverage.

I didn’t say “brasses”

gas depnds on your commute

Try harder Will

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
4.1.54  Willjay9  replied to  Iamak47 @4.1.53    6 years ago
I didn’t say full coverage. I didn’t say “brasses” gas depnds on your commute Try harder Will

So cheap coverage, cheap dental and it depends?!....Oh! I don't need to try harder, you're making it so easy with every post!

Iamak47
Freshman Silent
4.1.55  Iamak47  replied to  Willjay9 @4.1.54    6 years ago

Yes cheap coverage.  Because it keeps you legal.  Drive without insurance and you open yourself up to all kinds of financial problems.

Both my sons each needed 2 series of braces with retainers after each series.  If your kids are just now in braces, you’ve yet to find out the frustration of lost retainers..........digging through restaurant trash cans, retracing steps etc.  They are both in their mid 20’s now and I still remind them to take care of their teeth............those teeth represent my fully restored ‘66 GTO.

The average daily commute is about 30mi round trip.  A grand may not pay for a years worth of commutes, but it will take care of a decent chunk.

Your position seems to be that the tax break won’t pay for everything, so it’s nothing.  Well, I’ve always treated a $1000 like it’s a lot of money.......and I always will.  I guess that’s why I have built up a few hundred of those 1000’s over my Working life.  Manage the pennies and the dollars will take care of them selves.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.2  Jasper2529  replied to  It Is ME @4    6 years ago

Skirting the CoC [ph]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.1  It Is ME  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.2    6 years ago

Skirting the CoC [ph]

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.2.3  Jasper2529  replied to    6 years ago

Skirting the CoC [ph]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.2.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.2.3    6 years ago

To the bunch of you mocking away...

This is a discussion site, not an insult site. Either make a comment on topic or find another place to take this kind of talk elsewhere.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.2.6  Jasper2529  replied to    6 years ago
Well apparently my compliment to you is not allowed because it was deleted.

I really don't know what to say, OSM. I replied in a humorous way about Pelosi (the topic) to a comment about Pelosi (the topic) and was told that I skirted the CoC. You complimented me for my humorous on topic comment, and you were also told that you skirted the CoC. 

But, a moderator is allowed to call someone a " selectively indignant sycophant".   It is what it is, so I'll just move on. Have a good weekend. Happy

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
4.3  A. Macarthur  replied to  It Is ME @4    6 years ago

"$137,000 …That's chump change!"

Pelosi must really be pissed over those crumbs she's getting...... NOT ! yak yak

Love it when the Liberal "Rich" tell us regular folks...."$1,000.00 is nothing....as if they are trying to be sympathetic. laughing dude

In my  little  piece of AMERICA....$ 1,000.00 ain't chump change........ MISS FUCKING  RICH LADY  ! stunned

Comment removed for CoC violation [ph]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.3.1  It Is ME  replied to  A. Macarthur @4.3    6 years ago

Tell us what the perspective is A.Mac..

Is it that Trump gets more back than Pelosi, and BOTH get way more than us regular folks ?

Big Deal !

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
5  Willjay9    6 years ago

Ok.....the article first claimed that THREE of Pelosi's home together was 137,000.00 then they claimed she tried to preserve 64,000.00 in tax breaks on TWO of her homes?! Is it just me or is this articles math not adding up!

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.2  Sunshine  replied to  Willjay9 @5    6 years ago

yeah..it is definitely you.

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
5.2.1  Willjay9  replied to  Sunshine @5.2    6 years ago

Really? Care to explain how she could get 137K property tax on TWO properties when together all THREE of her property tax equals 137K?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.2.2  It Is ME  replied to  Willjay9 @5.2.1    6 years ago
Care to explain how she could get 137K property tax on TWO properties when together all THREE of her property tax equals 137K?

Tax codes are a funny thing. So many Loopholes that can be USED. geek

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
5.2.3  Willjay9  replied to  It Is ME @5.2.2    6 years ago

So in other words.....you got nuffin!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.2.4  It Is ME  replied to  Willjay9 @5.2.3    6 years ago
So in other words.....you got nuffin!

Actually....I have a Grand more than I had before.....and MORE to come after April. thumbs up

Is that a bad thing ? crazy

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
5.2.5  Willjay9  replied to  It Is ME @5.2.4    6 years ago

.....Still waiting

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.2.6  It Is ME  replied to  Willjay9 @5.2.5    6 years ago
....Still waiting

After April 15th.

Gawd....some folks are soooo impatient. stunned

Junior Participates
5.2.7  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @5.2.4    6 years ago
Actually....I have a Grand more than I had before.....and MORE to come after April.

You seem to be laboring under the mistaken idea that WHShitbag®'s tax giveaway to the already rich (e.g., himself) applies to 2017 tax returns.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.2.8  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.2.7    6 years ago
giveaway to the already rich

Never said anything about MY tax return.....did I ?

Seems to me, I said I had more coming after April. In your mind, that meant because of my tax filings ? 

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
5.2.9  Willjay9  replied to  It Is ME @5.2.6    6 years ago
After April 15th. Gawd....some folks are soooo impatient

So in other words......you know full well this seed is a bogus hit piece that contradicts itself, and instead of acknowledging it or even refuting my assertion......DEFLECTO-MATIC ENGAGED!

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
5.2.10  Willjay9  replied to  It Is ME @5.2.8    6 years ago

Digging a whole Digging a whole

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.2.11  It Is ME  replied to  Willjay9 @5.2.9    6 years ago
So in other words

So....in YOUR words....."this seed is a bogus hit piece".

I never even came close to making you think that at all !

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6  Hal A. Lujah    6 years ago

I'm curious what right wingers think they should have done.  Should they have not done what you all would do?  Do you all think that they are somehow politically obligated to dish out money into a tax system that you all are going out of your way to exploit yourselves?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.2  It Is ME  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6    6 years ago

Do you register "Deductions' on your tax forms, in order to pay as little as possible in taxes ? 

How fucking dare you. stunned

Bet you find anyway you can to to pay MORE than you owe ..... Right ? crazy

Holier than thou Liberal types. laughing dude

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
6.2.1  A. Macarthur  replied to  It Is ME @6.2    6 years ago

We haven't seen Trump's tax returns … 

Why not?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.2.2  It Is ME  replied to  A. Macarthur @6.2.1    6 years ago

Miss Maddow did an entire segment on a Trump tax return she had.

Reminded me of the Mafia Vault segment Heraldo did.

MUD, MUD, MUD on the face !

I think the mud pies didn't stop coming during that Maddow segment.

Did you miss it ? stunned

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6.2.3  1stwarrior  replied to  A. Macarthur @6.2.1    6 years ago

We haven't seen Pelosi's tax returns either - why not?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.2.5  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  A. Macarthur @6.2.1    6 years ago

I'm sure Mueller is getting a nice look at Trump's taxes.  That's why Trump is sweating bullets.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.2.6  Jasper2529  replied to  A. Macarthur @6.2.1    6 years ago

Why not?

Here we go again. One more time --

It is not a constitutional requisite for a POTUS to release his tax returns. The same is true regarding school records -- maybe you could ask Obama why we never saw his.

Sheesh.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.2.7  It Is ME  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.2.6    6 years ago
Here we go again. One more time --

Liberals don't give a shit.

They just constantly have a bitch.

They Bitch even more if things go well. "Going Well" is a loser for them. confused

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.2.8  It Is ME  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.2.5    6 years ago
I'm sure Mueller is getting a nice look at Trump's taxes.

Is that a "Russian Voter Collusion" thing Now ?

I'm......STILL....waiting to see how the Russians "Changed" the election "Against" Hillary.

Facebook, snap chat, and Twitter boting doesn't count.......Since those folks are a bit "Borgish" there anyway. I don't think Trump has figured out how to totally manipulate those three........since "suckerberg" types have TOTAL control of those venues.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.2.9  Jasper2529  replied to  It Is ME @6.2.2    6 years ago
Miss Maddow did an entire segment on a Trump tax return she had.

I was mesmerized. She breathtakingly showed us what was already public knowledge!   laughing dude

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.2.10  It Is ME  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.2.9    6 years ago

Just hearing the .....ummmm........ huh.....hmmmmm....errrrrr... from her..... was a fucking riot !laughing dude

She knew exactly what was in the return she was touting as "To be Seen", before HER show. geek

She was just looking for ratings, as she knows Liberal types. They'll fall for ANYTHING Anti-Trump sounding. The Liberals made her day/programing ratings. crazy

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.2.12  Sparty On  replied to    6 years ago

I'd vote for that.   All of our "public" servants should be a complete open book to us.   We are after all, their boss.

Too many folks forget that and that's just how the damn thiefs like it.

Pelosi is no aberration.   Many of the folks in congress are crooks

Junior Participates
6.2.13  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  1stwarrior @6.2.3    6 years ago
We haven't seen Pelosi's tax returns either - why not?

Where have you looked so far?  And when did the tradition of MoC's revealing their tax returns start? 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
6.3  Sunshine  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6    6 years ago

How many more houses and earrings or facelifts does she need?

She could let the county keep it for shelters for the homeless pooping on her streets.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.3.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Sunshine @6.3    6 years ago

Do you know how much they give to charity?  I bet they donate quite a bit already.  Furthermore, how do you know that isn't what they planned to do with it?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8  Tacos!    6 years ago

Is there seriously someone who listens to the content of what she says and thinks she makes sense?

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
8.1  seeder  AmericaRepublic  replied to  Tacos! @8    6 years ago

There are some but hell I think it’s kinda like comedy skit... just keeps playing over and over and over while the Democratic Party keeps losing face.

AR

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
8.2  Explorerdog  replied to  Tacos! @8    6 years ago

Sure there are and they would make me vomit, just like there are 37% of the population that listens to and believes trump, it takes all kinds.

Iamak47
Freshman Silent
8.3  Iamak47  replied to  Tacos! @8    6 years ago
Is there seriously someone who listens to the content of what she says and thinks she makes sense?

Now that California has legalized recreational weed, I’d say yes there is.  She’s right up there with “Dark Side of the Moon” now.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
8.4  Jasper2529  replied to  Tacos! @8    6 years ago

I pay attention to her for the comedy factor she puts into everything she says.

Junior Participates
8.4.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jasper2529 @8.4    6 years ago
I pay attention to her for the comedy factor she puts into everything she says.

No she's definitely not an "orator" on the WHShitbag® level laughing dude

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
9  seeder  AmericaRepublic    6 years ago

274F1D34FB8C482AA0517A4BD0CA0CAE.jpeg

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
10  seeder  AmericaRepublic    6 years ago

7DAC2B4889564A31888C2E727FEEED96.jpeg

Junior Participates
10.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  AmericaRepublic @10    6 years ago

Jealousy is a nasty trait.  

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
10.1.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @10.1    6 years ago
Jealousy is a nasty trait.

Indeed it is, but nobody has a good enough reason to be jealous of a nutty, wrinkled hag.

Junior Participates
10.1.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jasper2529 @10.1.1    6 years ago

Seems to be quite a lot on your side envious of her wealth.  

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
10.1.3  Jasper2529  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @10.1.2    6 years ago
Seems to be quite a lot on your side envious of her wealth.

My "side"? Your assumptions are amusing. You know nothing about me except what I've stated about myself. 

Speaking only for myself, I have absolutely no envy of Nancy Pelosi, because I lead a far more comfortable and stress-free life than she does. I hope that you do, too.

Junior Participates
11  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    6 years ago

From the article:

Like most taxpayers, she also apparently wants to keep as much of her money as U.S. tax law allows, though she did not mention those plans during the contentious months-long debate on the GOP tax bill last fall or how it would impact her personally.

Of course she does.  It would be crazy not to and you'd ridicule if she did..  She's happy to vote to give herself a tax increase (while the WH Shitbag® does the opposite, of course, and lies about it, of course).  By the way, it's a lie (of course) that she'd get anywhere like $137k deduction for property tax. There's a cap on total deductions based on AGI but it would be a small fraction of  $137k for a $193k income.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
12  MrFrost    6 years ago

IMG_20170622_092955.jpg

Junior Participates
12.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  MrFrost @12    6 years ago

Those numbers show how he lied with statistics to his audience in Davos today when he told them that his tax reform is going to give "average tax cut" of $4,000.  I doubt many of the audience bought it.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
13  MrFrost    6 years ago

So trump dishes out tax cuts for the rich and the middle class republicans say it's a great thing. But Pelosi, (whom I personally can't stand), gives herself a similar tax break and suddenly it's a bad thing? WTF? 

IMG_20171108_063803.jpg

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
14  seeder  AmericaRepublic    6 years ago

203AACCCFFFE4F18B9D6856674A53CE9.gif

Junior Participates
14.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  AmericaRepublic @14    6 years ago
Ah, the last resort of the simple minded, cut and paste memes. -- loki, (13.2 above)

You mean like that? 

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
14.1.1  seeder  AmericaRepublic  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @14.1    6 years ago

Hey I like memes lol

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
14.1.3  Sunshine  replied to  AmericaRepublic @14.1.1    6 years ago

I like them too!

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
14.1.4  seeder  AmericaRepublic  replied to  Sunshine @14.1.3    6 years ago

😆 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
15  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

During the Atlantic City casino boom in the 1980s, Philadelphia cabinet-builder Edward Friel Jr. landed a $400,000 contract to build the bases for slot machines, registration desks, bars and other cabinets at Harrah's at Trump Plaza.

The family cabinetry business, founded in the 1940s by Edward’s father, finished its work in 1984 and submitted its final bill to the general contractor for the Trump Organization, the resort’s builder.

Edward’s son, Paul, who was the firm’s accountant, still remembers the amount of that bill more than 30 years later: $83,600. The reason: the money never came. “That began the demise of the Edward J. Friel Company… which has been around since my grandfather,” he said.

Donald Trump often portrays himself as a savior of the working class who will "protect your job." But a USA TODAY NETWORK analysis found he has been involved in more than 3,500 lawsuits over the past three decades — and a large number of those involve ordinary Americans, like the Friels, who say Trump or his companies have refused to pay them.

Donald Trump Got a Tax Break For Stiffing Contractors

Trump’s DC Hotel Tagged With $5 Million in Unpaid Worker Liens

The small business owners Trump never paid in full

ELECTION 2016

Trump's Wealth Built on Stiffing Scores of Contractors, Businesses and Employees for Years, Report Finds

A pattern of not paying bills in full is traced.

Trump promised millions to charity. We found less than $10,000 over 7 years.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-promised-millions-to-charity-we-found-less-than-10000-over-7-years/2016/06/28/cbab5d1a-37dd-11e6-8f7c-d4c723a2becb_story.html?utm_term=.046c5f5ead62

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
15.3  Spikegary  replied to  A. Macarthur @15    6 years ago

A Mac, what does that have to do with the story?

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
16  tomwcraig    6 years ago

Wow.  The comments make me glad that I support replacing ALL FEDERAL TAXES with a National Sales Tax of 22% with basic necessities exempted.  It would then put the burden on people buying things and would actually put more of a burden on the Rich that the Democrats claim to want.

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
17  seeder  AmericaRepublic    6 years ago

Locking article will resume in the morning.

AR

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
17.2  seeder  AmericaRepublic  replied to  AmericaRepublic @17    6 years ago

Article unlocked