╌>

Pelosi on the 'collateral damage' of Democrats' economic policies: 'So be it'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  96ws6  •  6 years ago  •  95 comments

“We owe the American people to be there for them, for their financial security, respecting the dignity and worth of every person in our country, and if there is some collateral damage for some others who do not share our view, well, so be it, but it shouldn’t be our original purpose,”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said American voters will simply have to deal with the “collateral damage” that comes their way if Democrats craft economic policies in the years ahead.

The California Democrat recently sat down with New York Times columnist Paul Krugman in the Big Apple to discuss public policy. The event, hosted by the Jewish organization 92nd Street Y, included a portion on climate change that sparked the lawmaker’s pronouncement.

“We owe the American people to be there for them, for their financial security, respecting the dignity and worth of every person in our country, and if there is some collateral damage for some others who do not share our view, well, so be it, but it shouldn’t be our original purpose,” she said Sunday.

Her commentary came against a political backdrop in which the U.S. unemployment rate is at a 49-year low — 3.7 percent — in conjunction with moderate inflation.

Fed Chairman Jerome Powell   said   earlier this month, for instance, that Americans are enjoying a “historically rare” economic climate.

Mrs. Pelosi added that Democrats may find areas of compromise with Republicans on policies related to infrastructure, the Washington Free Beacon   reported   Thursday.

If you are thinking of calling BS, or that it is an edited soundbite without watching the full video, and are interested in wasting aprx 1.5 hours of your life.  Please save yourself embarrassment and watch the FULL INTERVIEW here: https://www.facebook.com/NowThisPolitics/videos/nancy-pelosi-and-paul-krugman/875479182662113/

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1  seeder  96WS6    6 years ago

Well at least she isn't lying about the parties strategy anymore...I wonder how many will listen.

Dulay
Professor Guide
1.2  Dulay  replied to  96WS6 @1    6 years ago
I wonder how many will listen.

Actually, your seed makes it pretty clear that you have no desire to 'listen'.

As long as you can post the truncated sound bit and spread the propaganda, it's oh so fulfilling. 

You don't care what the question was from Krugman and you REALLY don't care what Pelosi's full statement was. Y'all would much rather accept the misleading BULLSHIT from a RW hack, who is merely filling y'all's echo chamber, than to actually LISTEN to the question from Krugman and the FULL answer from Pelosi. 

I get it, short attention span, an utter lack of curiosity about the truth and a partisan agenda make it so much easier to just swill the pablum. 

Well done, enjoy...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2    6 years ago
You don't care what the question was from Krugman and you REALLY don't care what Pelosi's full statement was.

You have every right to put up her full statement, in context, if you think she was misquoted.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    6 years ago

Then how will they be able to bitch about us "taking direct quotes out of context"?

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.2    6 years ago

OMG...How many times have they done it to the President......Remember they quoted him as firing Comey to stop the investigation!

Dulay
Professor Guide
1.2.4  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    6 years ago
You have every right to put up her full statement, in context, if you think she was misquoted.

I didn't say she was fucking 'misquoted' did I Vic? 

I said her statement was TRUNCATRED Vic.

So now we have the author of the seed misrepresenting what Pelosi said and YOU misrepresenting what I said.

It's what the RW does and it ultimately enables scum like O'Keefe so they can have their propaganda confirmed through his BS edited videos and partial truths.

No one that has replied to this seed, besides me, gives a shit what Pelosi's 'full statement' was. They're enjoying the propaganda value of the truncated version far too much. The full content and context would be far less entertaining to y'all. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2.4    6 years ago

I said put up her full statement.  Back it up!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2.4    6 years ago

Enlighten us

Dulay
Professor Guide
1.2.7  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.2    6 years ago
Then how will they be able to bitch about us "taking direct quotes out of context"?

Here is the quote from the seed:

“We owe the American people to be there for them, for their financial security, respecting the dignity and worth of every person in our country, and if there is some collateral damage for some others who do not share our view, well, so be it, but it shouldn’t be our original purpose,” she said Sunday.

See the fucking comma at the end of the quote Tex? 

That comma means that the seeded article WAS 'taking a direct quote out of context' Tex. 

Here's a definition for you:

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.8  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2.7    6 years ago

The meaning of that remains the same.  The essence of it is if Republicans get hurt, so be it. That last piece about it shouldn't be our original purpose is meaningless because right now IT IS THEIR PURPOSE!

Dulay
Professor Guide
1.2.9  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.5    6 years ago
I said put up her full statement. Back it up!

Wow, now you're misrepresenting what YOU said. [Removed

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.10  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2.9    6 years ago

Wow! You seem to forget the words are right there for all to see. I think the objective observer will trust their own eyes

Dulay
Professor Guide
1.2.11  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.8    6 years ago
The meaning of that remains the same.

The meaning of WHAT remains the same? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.12  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2.11    6 years ago

Sorry, I don't think I can be more direct

Dulay
Professor Guide
1.2.13  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.6    6 years ago

There aren't enough hours in the day. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.14  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2.13    6 years ago

Speaking of not enough hours in the day - Have a good night

Dulay
Professor Guide
1.2.15  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.10    6 years ago
Wow! You seem to forget the words are right there for all to see. I think the objective observer will trust their own eyes

Yes I can see them. Your first reply was:

A suggestion. 

Then came the demand. 

I said put up her full statement. Back it up!

I do hope that the 'objective observers' here understand those simple concepts.

Just kidding, I could not care less.  

Dulay
Professor Guide
1.2.16  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.12    6 years ago
Sorry, I don't think I can be more direct

All of us have our shortcomings. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.17  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @1.2.7    6 years ago

So because the seeder did not include ", she said Sunday", the quote is out of context?

That is loony-tunes!

Dulay
Professor Guide
1.2.18  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.17    6 years ago

No and that comment is obtuse. 

First of all, the truncation is in the article, as I stated. The seeder merely copied and pasted it. 

You know what truncated means, right Tex? 

You know that a comma means that there is MORE to the statement, right Tex? 

Here's another handy definition for you Tex:

Context:

the parts of something written or spoken that immediately precede and follow a word or passage and clarify its meaning.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.19  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.17    6 years ago

As usual, you are 100% right on.  Well said.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.20  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @1.2.18    6 years ago

Then SHOW her FULL statement and stop whining!

user image
Freshman Silent
1.2.21    replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.20    6 years ago
Then SHOW her FULL statement and stop whining!

E.A   If I May::

All Seeded articles are " Truncated " hence the word seed, so NO seed has all of the article!!

So this " redherring " "Obtuse thinking " Whatism  is as usual for the usual!

Dulay
Professor Guide
1.2.22  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.20    6 years ago

Look it up for yourself.

Oh and BTFW, I'm not 'whining', I'm critiquing the lack of credibility of the seeded article and the utter lack of desire for facts of members. 

Enjoy your echo chamber...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.23  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @1.2.22    6 years ago

I DID look it up.

Have YOU?

If you HAD, you would probably STOP jrSmiley_76_smiley_image.gif

Then again, perhaps not!

Dulay
Professor Guide
1.2.24  Dulay  replied to  @1.2.21    6 years ago
All Seeded articles are " Truncated " hence the word seed, so NO seed has all of the article!!

We aren't talking about the article, we are talking about the truncated Pelosi statement quoted IN the article. 

Thanks for playing...

Dulay
Professor Guide
1.2.25  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.23    6 years ago
I DID look it up.

Have YOU?

If you HAD, you would probably STOP

Why yes, YES I did. In fact, I went and watched the WHOLE video BEFORE I commented on this seed. THAT is why I know that Pelosi's statement was intentionally truncated and that the seed misrepresents it's FULL content and context. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.26  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @1.2.25    6 years ago

Put in context, O Great Wise One!

Dulay
Professor Guide
1.2.27  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.26    6 years ago

You just said that you looked it up. Why would you need ME to put it into context? 

I no more want to put it into context FOR you than I want you to rely on the author to do it FOR you. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.28  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @1.2.27    6 years ago

trust me--I don't NEED you to ever do a damn thing for me.

Understand that?

Dulay
Professor Guide
1.2.29  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.28    6 years ago

Y U mad?

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1.2.30  pat wilson  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.28    6 years ago
Understand that?

Breath it out cowboy, breathe it out.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.31  Texan1211  replied to  pat wilson @1.2.30    6 years ago

Not EVERYONE in Texas is a cowboy.

SMFH

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.32  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @1.2.29    6 years ago

Not mad.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1.2.33  pat wilson  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.31    6 years ago

Just a euphemism.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1.2.34  pat wilson  replied to  pat wilson @1.2.33    6 years ago

For all NT Texans...

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1.2.35  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Dulay @1.2    6 years ago

Here you go .  ENJOY!   Maybe you should have Googled it before you opened you pie hole

Dulay
Professor Guide
1.2.36  Dulay  replied to  96WS6 @1.2.35    6 years ago
Here you go . ENJOY! Maybe you should have Googled it before you opened you pie hole

You defend your truncated quote by posting an EDITED video that shows a TRUNCATED statement. 

Thanks you for proving my point...

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.2.37  Jasper2529  replied to  Dulay @1.2.7    6 years ago
See the fucking comma at the end of the quote Tex?  That comma means that the seeded article WAS 'taking a direct quote out of context' Tex. 

That's not true, Dulay. Here are some examples. I deliberately omitted the second parts of the first two quotations, because they don't apply to your criticism of comma usage and attribution.

a comma leading into the attribution .

“There is nothing either good or bad , ” Hamlet argues ...
“And death shall be no more , ” Donne writes ...
  • The coach yelled, “Run!”

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
1.2.38  JaneDoe  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.31    6 years ago

Geez, you went and ruined my fantasy. I thought all men from Texas looked like this. hehehe

Dulay
Professor Guide
1.2.39  Dulay  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.2.37    6 years ago
That's not true, Dulay.

Yes it is Jasper. 

BTFW, YOU truncated what you cited from your link. It says in FULL;

Interrupt the quote with an attribution to the speaker. Again, you will need to use a comma after the verb, as well as a comma leading into the attribution.

By doing so, you misrepresented the CONTEXT in your own source. 

This it the more relevant 'tip/tool' of from your own link:

Excerpt those fragments carefully!
Quoting the words of others carries a big responsibility. Misquoting misrepresents the ideas of others.

Here’s a classic example of a misquote:
John Adams has often been quoted as having said: “This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it.”

John Adams did, in fact, write the above words. But if you see those words in context, the meaning changes entirely. Here’s the rest of the quotation:

Twenty times, in the course of my late reading, have I been on the point of breaking out, ‘this would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it!!!!’ But in this exclamation, I should have been as fanatical as Bryant or Cleverly. Without religion, this world would be something not fit to be mentioned in public company—I mean hell.

As you can see from this example, context matters!

This example is from Paul F. Boller, Jr. and John George, They Never Said It: A Book of Fake Quotes, Misquotes, and Misleading Attributions (Oxford University Press, 1989).

Emphasis mine...

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.2.40  Jasper2529  replied to  Dulay @1.2.39    6 years ago

Good grief, Dulay! ENOUGH! Write an article about proper comma use if you want, but stop derailing this seed and trying to gnaw on my ankles over what I properly sourced.

IMPASSE.

Dulay
Professor Guide
1.2.41  Dulay  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.2.40    6 years ago
Good grief, Dulay! ENOUGH! Write an article about proper comma use if you want, but stop derailing this seed and trying to gnaw on my ankles over what I properly sourced. IMPASSE.

From the CoC:

An impasse call is a comment that contains one and only one word: ‘IMPASSE’.

Since you saw fit to make a comment with much more than one word, your 'IMPASSE' isn't valid. 

I'm NOT derailing the seed. The proof of that is that my comments haven't been removed as off topic and multiple members have replied to my comment including YOU and the seeder. 

Secondly, YOU replied to one of my comments by insisting that you had a source that proved my posit wrong. 

I refuted that by using YOUR OWN source. 

That's how this shit works...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.43  Vic Eldred  replied to  Release The Kraken @1.2.42    6 years ago

I think, to quote another amateur public defender, this has been a "teaching moment."  Chalk up another one for the "technicality".  Let us all remember this!

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1.2.44  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Dulay @1.2.36    6 years ago

Go ahead and post/watch the other 1/2 hour that has nothing to do with the article if you like.  I posted the potion that is relevant.  What's your point again?

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1.2.45  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Dulay @1.2.36    6 years ago

It's really hard to find the full video because no one wants to listen to all this crap...which is why you either didn't bother or didn't think I could find it....But here you go.....

BE SURE TO POINT OUT WHERE HER COMMENT WAS TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT.

....and thanks for unwittingly proving MY point.jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1.2.46  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Dulay @1.2.39    6 years ago

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1.2.47  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Dulay @1.2.39    6 years ago

Dulay
Professor Guide
1.2.49  Dulay  replied to  96WS6 @1.2.45    6 years ago
It's really hard to find the full video because no one wants to listen to all this crap...which is why you either didn't bother or didn't think I could find it....But here you go.....

Actually, as I already stated, BEFORE I posted my first comment here, I went and watched the WHOLE video. It took me seconds to find it online. 

BE SURE TO POINT OUT WHERE HER COMMENT WAS TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT.

Right in your seeded article:

....and thanks for unwittingly proving MY point.

Dulay
Professor Guide
1.2.50  Dulay  replied to  96WS6 @1.2.46    6 years ago

Dulay
Professor Guide
1.2.51  Dulay  replied to    6 years ago

I know right? His own source refuted his claim. 

Dulay
Professor Guide
1.2.53  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.19    6 years ago

Except he wasn't Xx. 

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1.2.54  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Dulay @1.2.49    6 years ago

It is an exact quote.  You have no point.

Dulay
Professor Guide
1.2.55  Dulay  replied to  96WS6 @1.2.54    6 years ago
It is an exact quote. 

It's a TRUNCATED quote. Your bud Jasper gave us a link to handy dandy 'tips and tools' that make it clear that quoting OUT OF CONTEXT is a no no. It states:

But if you see those words in context, the meaning changes entirely.

Which IMHO was the intent of the author. 

You have no point.

I'll let those few here that actually LISTEN to the question and the WHOLE answer decide that for themselves. I never really expected YOU to get it...

Dulay
Professor Guide
1.2.56  Dulay  replied to  96WS6 @1.2.54    6 years ago

This is an exact quote too:

Krugman: "Should the Democrats get even when they take back power in January?"
Pelosi; "I'm not a subscriber to the pound of flesh club."

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1.2.57  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Dulay @1.2.55    6 years ago

I posted the entire interview and I am still waiting for you to point out the inconsistency what a pathetic deflection attempt

Dulay
Professor Guide
1.2.58  Dulay  replied to  96WS6 @1.2.57    6 years ago
I posted the entire interview and I am still waiting for you to point out the inconsistency what a pathetic deflection attempt

I posted the question asked by Krugman and the first sentence of Feinstein's answer. That isn't deflection', that is a FACT. 

I sited issues that I have with your seed and NONE of them included 'inconsistency'. 

The only pathetic attempt here is your flailing and failed defense of your seed. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2  It Is ME    6 years ago

"if there is some collateral damage for some others who do not share our view, well, so be it"

Be Careful Little miss Broken "I Robot". That statement could come back and bite you in the ass.....not that you'd feel it …….. "Miss Botox".

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
3  Spikegary    6 years ago

What do they say?  'Live by the Sword, Die by the Sword'?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4  Ronin2    6 years ago

In simpler terms the Dems are pissed that the race to the bottom is taking too long. Time to speed things up.

Of course I doubt any of the Democrat policies will affect her or her husband's millions, or sources of income; nor their donors. The rest of us will be part of the happy side affect of collateral damage.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
5  luther28    6 years ago

Well that attitude seems to be an improvement over that of the GOP's  f$%k them.

I have no more use for the Dems than the GOP, but at least they don't make it a point to go after those that have the least. I find this rather ironic indeed.

Just as an aside, the Dems do not seem to have an economic plan at this juncture (or much of any other) and are the minority party so why the worry about what Ms. Pelosi may or may not say?

96WS6
Junior Quiet
5.1  seeder  96WS6  replied to  luther28 @5    6 years ago
I have no more use for the Dems than the GOP, but at least they don't make it a point to go after those that have the least.

How do you account for the famous straw ban targeting minimum wage employees?

luther28
Sophomore Silent
5.1.1  luther28  replied to  96WS6 @5.1    6 years ago

Well seeing how there is a flotsam of plastic the size of Texas bobbing around in the Pacific that one could be considered a pick'em. I'll take the environment.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
5.1.2  seeder  96WS6  replied to  luther28 @5.1.1    6 years ago

Well at least you are honest in how the poor rank in priorithies.   Just curious, you are OK with demonizing the straw but not the big ol lid and cup? 

Here is some more food for thought:

luther28
Sophomore Silent
5.1.3  luther28  replied to  96WS6 @5.1.2    6 years ago

Well at least you are honest in how the poor rank in priorithies.   Just curious, you are OK with demonizing the straw but not the big ol lid and cup?

No bias here, I am not a fan of plastic at all. Same as nuclear waste, find something to do with it or don't make it at all.

As to the unemployment it may cause, as of yesterday it is reported there are 7 million unfilled jobs Nationwide and only 2 million seekers..

96WS6
Junior Quiet
5.1.4  seeder  96WS6  replied to  luther28 @5.1.3    6 years ago

LMFAO!   I'm not talking about unemployment I am talking about heavy fiines ($100 to $500) for minimum wage workers.  That's a whole day's work or more for some of these folks.  I am well aware that Trump already took care of the unemployment problem.   

luther28
Sophomore Silent
5.1.5  luther28  replied to  96WS6 @5.1.4    6 years ago
How do you account for the famous straw ban targeting minimum wage employees?

Perhaps I presumed your worry over the displaced plastic straw workers. It is about employment, under employment and unemployment. That is the core issue to those immersed in poverty.

But where this is going I am afraid I must invoke one of Tessylos mehs.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
5.1.6  seeder  96WS6  replied to  luther28 @5.1.5    6 years ago

The point I am trying to make is the law targets low wage workers.  Again, I am aware Trumps policies are helping to raise the poor out of poverty by the way of jobs.  What's your point?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  luther28 @5    6 years ago
but at least they don't make it a point to go after those that have the least.

Then how do you explain the endless inner-city poverty, despite the fact that dems have been mayors of our biggest cities for many decades?

luther28
Sophomore Silent
5.2.1  luther28  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2    6 years ago

Have to come up with  programs were folks have some skin in the game. Really doesn't matter which party is in power it has just been more of the same from the GOP or the Dems.

For starters, our infrastructure is crumbling around us. Why not formulate something along the lines of the CCC, people are trained while receiving the minimal to get by, they get a trade and improved upward mobility, we get roads and bridges in return for the investment.

At present the system is rigged against seeking work for those on the lower economic strata receiving assistance. Jobs available to them do not warrant coming off aid in most cases, help them and it helps us all. But in order for that to occur you must break the present system.

My thought for the moment.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
5.2.2  seeder  96WS6  replied to  luther28 @5.2.1    6 years ago

I always consult history:

Compare Detroit now to before Democrats took EXCLUSIVE control for 50 years.    You can do the same with Chicago, San Francisco and many others

luther28
Sophomore Silent
5.2.3  luther28  replied to  96WS6 @5.2.2    6 years ago

I do not get into the back and forth of which party is worse as both have done their fair share of damage over the years. But since you brought it up, the GOP is doing a fine job in Michigan, their program is to kill the poor off as in Flint.

Not accusing the GOP of murder, but the point being that neither party is as pure as they would have us believe.

epistte
Junior Participates
6  epistte    6 years ago

The Moonie Times is telling half-truths about an unpopular Democrat. Stop the presses!

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
6.1  livefreeordie  replied to  epistte @6    6 years ago

so quoting her is stating a half truth?  

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.2  Jasper2529  replied to  epistte @6    6 years ago
The Moonie Times is telling half-truths about an unpopular Democrat. Stop the presses!

Half-truths? Here are the same words straight from Pelosi's mouth:

Dulay
Professor Guide
6.2.1  Dulay  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.2    6 years ago

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.2.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Dulay @6.2.1    6 years ago

Second time ...

IMPASSE.

Dulay
Professor Guide
6.2.3  Dulay  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.2.2    6 years ago

[Removed]

Dulay
Professor Guide
6.2.5  Dulay  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.2.4    6 years ago

So you just contradicted your prior ruling. 

96WS6
Junior Quiet
6.2.6  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Dulay @6.2.1    6 years ago

jrSmiley_76_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

96WS6
Junior Quiet
6.2.7  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Dulay @6.2.1    6 years ago

Can't help noticing you can't point out how or where she was misquoted.     LMFAO!

Dulay
Professor Guide
6.2.8  Dulay  replied to  96WS6 @6.2.7    6 years ago
Can't help noticing you can't point out how or where she was misquoted. LMFAO!

Can't help but notice that YOU can't point out WHERE I EVER stated that Pelosi was 'misquoted'. Please post the link to my comment where you claim I did so. I'll wait...

Dulay
Professor Guide
6.2.9  Dulay  replied to  96WS6 @6.2.7    6 years ago

U still laughing? I'm still waiting...

Dulay
Professor Guide
6.2.10  Dulay  replied to  96WS6 @6.2.7    6 years ago

96WS6
Junior Quiet
6.3  seeder  96WS6  replied to  epistte @6    6 years ago

Can you point out the "half truth" perhaps?

Dulay
Professor Guide
6.3.1  Dulay  replied to  96WS6 @6.3    6 years ago
Can you point out the "half truth" perhaps?

Now that you've posted a link to the video, I can point out a complete LIE in your seed that members can check out for themselves. 

The California Democrat recently sat down with New York Times columnist Paul Krugman in the Big Apple to discuss public policy. The event, hosted by the Jewish organization 92nd Street Y, included a portion on climate change that sparked the lawmaker’s pronouncement.

So the author states that the statement he goes on to TRUNCATE was 'sparked' by a question during a 'portion on climate change'. 

That isn't a 'half-truth', it's A LIE. 

Using you convenient link to the video, members can go to 50:25 in that video an LISTEN to the ACTUAL question asked by Krugman and Pelosi's FULL answer.

Note that the question was asked during the audience submitted Q&A, NOT during any 'climate change portion' as FALSELY claimed in the seed. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
7  Jack_TX    6 years ago
“We owe the American people to be there for them, for their financial security,

So presumably she'll be introducing mandatory financial responsibility legislation for all those people who spend more than they make.  

Excellent idea. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
8  The Magic 8 Ball    6 years ago
 and if there is some collateral damage for some others who do not share our view, well, so be it,

I'm going to remember this quote next time some progressive liberal brings up unrepresented voters on the left.

test fire

hey liberals.  regarding trump...  if there is some collateral damage for others who do not share our view, well, so be it,

(  thanks nancy... works like a charm .  )

cheers :)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9  Texan1211    6 years ago

Pelosi and Krugman make a hell of a team.

If you want a clueless, braindead, almost-always-wrong kind of team.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
10  Thrawn 31    6 years ago

Meh.