╌>

The Suspected Bomber's Van Needs to Be Seen to Be Believed

Category:  Now Trending

Via:  krishna  •  6 years ago  •  64 comments

The Suspected Bomber's Van Needs to Be Seen to Be Believed
(From Twitter): "Here’s the blue tarp falling off magabomber’s van and officers working to conceal the insanity stickers."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

After federal authorities on Friday arrested 56-year-old Cesar Sayoc in connection with the explosive devices that were sent to nearly a dozen public officials and critics of President Donald Trump over the past week, a Twitter user posted close-up photos of the suspect’s van, which is covered in photos of Trump, American flags, and bizarre right-wing paraphernalia.

The photos posted on Twitter show the same covered object on the back of the van that was seen in video footage after the suspect was arrested.

Here are the photos, via  this tweet  by  Mark Lancia.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

On the pictures of the MAGA-Bomber's van, note the bullseyes on pictures on people Trump has got really angry at. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @1    6 years ago

So the dude's a nutcase.

Nothing more, nothing less.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1    6 years ago

a trumpster nutcase

nothing more, nothing less

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
1.1.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  devangelical @1.1.1    6 years ago
a trumpster nutcase nothing more, nothing less

a nutcase... To be sure.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Wrong, This radical nutcase was egged on by the conservative ideology and accelerated by trump and his divisionary rhetoric. 

Look at the van he was reduced to living in ( a rolling billboard of insanity all tied to trump’s divisionary rhetoric.) 

Deny all ya want it’s still really just a river in Egypt though. This is a result of the devision trump has and does advocates for to help gain power and push forward his agendas at any cost, 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.1.1    6 years ago

Who he supported politically isn't what made him a nutcase.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1.2    6 years ago

WTF?

What did I deny, as you claim?

Sophomore Guide
1.1.5  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.4    6 years ago
What did I deny, as you claim?

Nothing more, nothing less. This radical nutcase was egged on by the conservative ideology and accelerated by trump and his divisionary rhetoric. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1.5    6 years ago

In your OWN words--he is a nutcase.

Trying to blame a particular party for the actions of a nutcase is shallow and beneath you.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.7  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.6    6 years ago

I am positive that if it was an Obama supporter you would say the same thing. /sarc

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.7    6 years ago

You can be positive and wrong all night long.

Sophomore Guide
1.1.9  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.6    6 years ago
Trying to blame a particular party for the actions of a nutcase is shallow and beneath you.

This guy was a radical nut case, he had an agenda. He was not insane in the sense of a normally mental ill person is.

IF he had been a radical lefty I'd have called it the same. 

He was influenced and was egged on by an ideology and accelerated by a president and his divisionary rhetoric.

That go down better ?  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1.9    6 years ago

I didn't say he was insane, I said he was a nutjob.

Are people who do what he did, regardless of politics, considered to be sane, though? Are his actions the actions of a sane individual?

A nutjob is a nutjob. Like the Ft. Hood shooter, the OKC bomber, the church shooter, the nightclub shooter, etc. It isn't politics that make them nutjobs, or everyone would be like that. It is something within themselves that convinces them their actions are sane and justified.

Sophomore Guide
1.1.11  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.10    6 years ago

IMO: Any terrorists is insane in my book ,   However they are different to me than a normal mentally ill person suffering from a disease alone.

Political radical nutjobs (of either ideology) are usually much more violent towards targeted groups or individuals. To the general public actually they aren't usually not much of a danger as the real insane can be and many times are.

For instance: This guy wasn't gonna be eating a strangers face or jumping from a bridge, He had a political agenda and was being fed by an ideology and a president.

I'd compare this guy more like to some of the abortion clinic destruction radicals and maybe timothy Mcvay types.

Hating a political ideology not hating humans in general, A targeted political hate gone mad ! 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1.11    6 years ago

Did he hear something that no one else did?

His actions were his and his alone, as far as I have heard.

I don't care if he had a political agenda or not, it really doesn't matter. What he did was insanely wrong and he should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

But it ain't the fault of any politicians that he did what he did. Now, I realize it is easy and expected to blame Trump for everything, but come ON, man! The nutjob acted on his own.

Sophomore Guide
1.1.13  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.10    6 years ago
It is something within themselves that convinces them their actions are sane and justified.

Yep. A targeted political hate gone mad !  

Some people just cant handle the stress of it all.  

They go insane. Were they before ? Good question. But does it matter ?  If so would they have gone insane with out it ?  Does it matter ?

IMO: this guy was nuts and that craziness found its home and inspiration in the president's words and actions. 

Believe whatever you want.

It's America we can do that. 

Sophomore Guide
1.1.14  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.12    6 years ago
But it ain't the fault of any politicians that he did what he did.

I mostly agree, but he got his inspiration from somewhere I'd say some of it came from his admiration and feelings for the president and his agendas.  It was kinda written in the evidence’s windows.

LOL IF the president was talking about "Killing the opposition with kindness" I doubt it would have been bombs in the mail maybe possies though !

LOL 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1.14    6 years ago

And he could have gotten it somewhere else, too. What difference does it make where he got those weird ideas from, and who suggested him sending bombs?

Sophomore Guide
1.1.16  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.15    6 years ago
And he could have gotten it somewhere else, too. What difference does it make where he got those weird ideas from, and who suggested him sending bombs?

LOL IF the president was talking about "Killing the opposition with kindness" I doubt it would have been bombs in the mail maybe possies though !

LOL 

Sophomore Guide
1.1.17  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.15    6 years ago
What difference does it make where he got those weird ideas from,

Really ?  Do ya feel the same when some nutwing lefty attacks a republican politician, (even verbally) ? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1.17    6 years ago

Unless it is an actual POLITICIAN doing the nutty stuff, yeah, I do.

Next?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.19  Texan1211  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1.16    6 years ago

I'm sure that sounded better in your head than it read on my screen.

Sophomore Guide
1.1.20  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.19    6 years ago
I'm sure that sounded better in your head than it read on my screen.

How about a visual reference it looks better on my screen too.

Sophomore Guide
1.1.21  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.18    6 years ago
Unless it is an actual POLITICIAN doing the nutty stuff, yeah, I do.

Not ta drop a bomb, but a lot of people who worked for the SS probably thought the same thing. 

With power comes great responsibility.

Personally I don't thing promoting the division of America and americans like trump and most politicians do these days is very responsible.  Promoting violent division is even worse and offering to pay for protesters lawyers was the tip of the iceberg at trump's rallies especially. 

Ironically, IMO:  IF trump doesn't fulfill his promises now, he may be the target of something like this himself. (from the same side) 

Sophomore Guide
1.1.22  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.15    6 years ago
What difference does it make where he got those weird ideas from

Please ask that question to those on the list of whom the bombs were mailed to. 

They could probably explain it better. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.23  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.3    6 years ago

Who he supported politically isn't what made him a nutcase.

Correct-- in fact its exactly the other way around:

He was a nutcase to begin with-- which is what made him support Trump! :-)

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.24  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.10    6 years ago
It is something within themselves that convinces them their actions are sane and justified.

Or-- perhaps even someone outside themselves that convinces them that their actions is justified:

The Use Of Violence As A Political Weapon - What Trump Actually Said

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.25  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @1.1.24    6 years ago

If it is the fault of someone else, incidents such as these would be much more frequent.

Sorry, I will continue to hold the person who DID the acts accountable. No one forced them to do anything. 

Sophomore Guide
1.1.26  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.25    6 years ago
I will continue to hold the person who DID the acts accountable.

good for you

IMO: Its too bad you dont care why this guy did what he did or if and who he was influenced by. because,  IMO: That is how we find out how to help avoid this kind of thing again. 

PS: This guy probably didn't just come up with the  specific people he had on his hate list all on his own.  If he did, LOL,  maybe he should run for president. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.27  Texan1211  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1.26    6 years ago

Yeah, motive isn't that big of a deal to me--I just want the guy convicted and punished.

Feeling good about yourself for analyzing shit that has BEEN analyzed repeatedly seems really effective.

Who knows how many tragedies it has stopped, right?

Sophomore Guide
1.1.28  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.27    6 years ago
motive isn't that big of a deal to me-

So you don’t care why people do what they do ?

Do you have anything that motivates you ?

I do, my health, happiness and sanity motivates me to do all kinds of things.

People around me motivate me to do a better job than them if possible to get ahead.

My family motivated me to do better in school. And I try to motivate others to do their best for me at least as well.

Motivation and peoples motives to me are important.

To others evidently not so much.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.29  Texan1211  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1.28    6 years ago

yeah, when it comes to criminals and criminal activity, I am not so interested in WHY they did it. I prefer to focus on prosecuting them for the crimes.

Sounds like you care lots more than I do why someone would send bombs, so you worry about why he did it for me, okay?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.30  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.27    6 years ago
Yeah, motive isn't that big of a deal to me--I just want the guy convicted and punished.

Good - that means another of Trump's base can respond to his dog whistles like the one in Pittsburgh did today.   We certainly wouldn't want to discourage Trump's racist and xenophobic pandering to the extremists at his rallies, would we?    And we definitely wouldn't want to discourage his praise of violent wingnuts like the GOP congressman from Montana who assaulted a reporter.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.31  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @1.1.30    6 years ago

And we damn sure wouldn't want to tell the truth, right?

People do stuff against the law because they WANT to.

Get over it already.

Sophomore Guide
1.1.32  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.29    6 years ago
Sounds like you care lots more than I do why someone would send bombs, so you worry about why he did it for me, okay?

No thanks, I dont do much worrying these days.  I just kinda sit and watch and learn.

I do tend to shake my head a lot these days though and sometimes I chuckle, one of my favorites things to wonder about is why some folks don't seem to care too much or aren't able to seemingly accept about the world around them. Then I think, WTF do I care ? LOL .. I really don't. 

PS: I do wonder if these people  (I know a guy who's wife is about the same way, she doesnt care much about the why either and has a tough time accepting the world as it is ) and shes the same way with her family. 

In contrast, I know I care WHY my family does stuff, before I need to suffer the consequences or the need to "punish"them and I accept we all do stuff for certain reasons. Sometimes if I know why, I can fix and/or solve or at least stop the problem. 

I also found unsolved problems have a tendency to grow into more problems so I try to deal with my problems Before they grow. 

But to each their own. 

Anyway, thanks and have a nice evening  

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.33  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.31    6 years ago
And we damn sure wouldn't want to tell the truth, right?

What "truth" are you folks trying to tell exactly?    From what I can tell most of the comments coming from the mouths of Trump and his rabid supporters have been lies intended to demonize refugees and anyone else who isn't a white Christian conservative male.    The clear intent of those lies is to create an "us vs them" dynamic for the same kind of political advantage which the Nazis used in 1930s Germany, and to pander to the profound insecurities and loss of privilege of Trump's butt-hurt conservative white male base.

It's so hard to be a bigoted and insecure white guy in modern America, isn't it?    It would be funny if they weren't so pathetic.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.34  seeder  Krishna  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1.2    6 years ago

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

Has the SPLC added him to their hate list yet? 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1  MrFrost  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    6 years ago
Has the SPLC added him to their hate list yet? 

Do they really need to? Dude seems pretty hateful to me. If not he needs to switch to decaf or take a vacation, (at club fed). 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  MrFrost @2.1    6 years ago

Yeah, I guess it's obvious enough.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3  bbl-1    6 years ago

Sayoc's window stickers were colorful and plenty.  I guess he even lived in the van.  Whatever.  MAGA for him.  Hell, he's even a 'fake Indian.'  Typical Trumper.

The best stickers/decals I saw during the 2016 election were----------"Nugent For President...Make America Armed Again."  And---"Trump That Bitch"....and a photo of Hillary with a knife at her throat.

The 2016 election was strange.  The results were stranger.  Now, knowing the evidence of Putin's involvement, these things and many others I saw, are understandable. 

"Lock her up" chants and all the rest that is spawned by the Trump is clear.  Fear, prejudice and division are always the first fissures that occur when a nation fails and crumbles.  Thanks, Trump.

MAGA my arse.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
3.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  bbl-1 @3    6 years ago

Yes typical there are millions just like him. Leftists better go run and hide under their beds. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3.1    6 years ago

Are you suggesting there is a 'brown shirts rising' movement?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.2  Skrekk  replied to  bbl-1 @3    6 years ago
Sayoc's window stickers were colorful and plenty.  I guess he even lived in the van.  Whatever.  MAGA for him.  Hell, he's even a 'fake Indian.'  Typical Trumper.

Other than the pipe bombs and AR-15 I'm not sure that Sayoc or Bowers' views are any different at all from those of the Trump supporters on NT.    At least they express the exact same vile views and hatred of refugees.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.2.1  bbl-1  replied to  Skrekk @3.2    6 years ago

Not sure about that.  Don't know.  Doesn't matter.

Only this matters.  Trump is openly dishonest.  He also self deflects and self protects.  And his supporters can not see that.  If there is a question, it should be why.  Something is happening.  Something abnormal.  Something that is a rare occurrence in the history of advanced nations. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.2.2  Skrekk  replied to  bbl-1 @3.2.1    6 years ago

Certainly it's not unusual for conservatives to use immigrants and a fear of "the other" to pander to xenophobes.    Maybe it's unusual for a true sociopath to reach high office but we already knew that Trump's base (and apparently the entire GOP) doesn't give a crap that he constantly lies and has other serious psychological defects including dementia.    So I'd say that the unusual aspect is that a near plurality of the public actually supports such a monster - only rarely have we ever seen that historically and it's always been in very repressive authoritarian governments.    But today it's a trend with Trump, Duterte, Putin, Erdogan, and likely soon with Bolsonaro.     It's like many of the key nations have been infected with the same virus.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
4  Nowhere Man    6 years ago

You know what I don't see in any of those pics?

The license plate.....

Every pic that would have an angle on the plate? is very carefully taken to cover/obscure the plate. Making sure the drivers mirror covers the plate location, the supposed aerial photo has an obstruction covering where the plate is located on that model, we only see two sides of the van? I wonder why we don't see all the sides, wouldn't he have more on the other side? I mean the more the merrier! Right?

They are clean in like new condition, practically artwork in fact and this guy has been a trump supporter for two years? I suppose he has been showing his support for a lot longer than a few days yet the stuff on the van is in new condition. What, he posts new stickers all over his van on two sides just before he mailed off the packages?

So all we got is a couple of pics of a trump supporters van claiming it is the bombers without any way to check it....

Oh and the twitter account that supposedly posted those pics?

GONE.....

Completely gone....

Sorry guys, it is all too pat for me.....

More investigating needs to be done...

But of course, this won't be anywhere near done before the election right?

I've seen this kind of crap before just before elections....

Just way too many coincidences and things that just don't fit the normal flow of daily life.... You know, just in time to make the biggest splash it can giving everything a democrat desperately trying not to lose an election everything they could want to play the massive victims of this outrageous republican attempt to assassinate all their precious leaders...

Needs a lot more investigating.....

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Nowhere Man @4    6 years ago

Paranoid much?

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
4.1.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  Krishna @4.1    6 years ago

nope, 12 years in DC.....

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4.1.2  Skrekk  replied to  Krishna @4.1    6 years ago
Paranoid much?

That's why he's a Trump voter.    The belief in loony conspiracy theories is central to the ideology.....and note that the loony conspiracy theories which Sayoc believes are frequently recycled here by Trump supporters.    These people are nuts and bigots, literally all of them.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Nowhere Man @4.1.1    6 years ago

That would do it alright.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.2  MrFrost  replied to  Nowhere Man @4    6 years ago
Oh and the twitter account that supposedly posted those pics? GONE.....

Twitter is privately owned, they can delete what they want, when they want. They removed the account so as to make sure that this turd doesn't get more publicity for committing acts of terrorism. They do the same thing with islamic terrorists and proven russian "bots" and trolls spreading misinformation. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
4.2.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  MrFrost @4.2    6 years ago

So Twitter doesn't want to be part of the "Hate Fest" Good for them.

But that still leave this... and so many that do want to be a part of it....

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4.2.2  Skrekk  replied to  Nowhere Man @4.2.1    6 years ago
So Twitter doesn't want to be part of the "Hate Fest" Good for them.

Don't worry, you folks will always have "Gab" on which to spew your nonsense.    Right wingers only get booted from that site after they've killed someone and have become politically inconvenient.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5  Hal A. Lujah    6 years ago

The news last night was filled with photos of this guy at Trump rallies with all of his deplorable contemporaries, presumably taken from his social media, which I hear is as saturated with right wing hate as his van.  This is a quintessential Trump supporter, which is to say a nutjob.  This isn’t some hermit with an axe to grind, it’s just a predictable product of right wing extremism.

Sophomore Guide
6  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     6 years ago

Different ways and means of leadership and accomplishment.

Passive: weak, pity, victim, woo is me, please help me... poor me 

Aggressive: insults, grandiose promises. Intimidation and threats

Assertive: information, Logic, reasoning, responsible expectations 

Personally I much prefer to interact and be lead by people in the third category and I try to operate from that position myself. To each their own, I guess we all have our preferences.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    6 years ago

Whether you're on the Left or the Right, if you have this many stickers on your car, it's time for an intervention.

user image
Freshman Silent
8      6 years ago

What is of INTEREST  is that this Individual has been " Found Guilty by a Kangaroo ( Hanging Tree ) Mentality " that we have so often seen in so many other Seeds, that it be ludicrously funny if at the end a Legitimate COURT, finds …..

" He who laughs last  …. "

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9  Paula Bartholomew    6 years ago

I would like to thank every man and woman from the various agencies who got this potential killer.  They did an awesome job.   Instead of bombs, he will be making license plates for hopefully the next 50 years.

Krishna
Professor Expert
10  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

David Duke made an astute observation about this-- this article explains:

"Why we voted for Donald Trump": David Duke explains the white supremacist Charlottesville protests