╌>

Ga. mayor says city 'isn't ready' for black employee,

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  epistte  •  5 years ago  •  35 comments

Ga. mayor says city 'isn't ready' for black employee,

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

HOSCHTON, Ga. (AP) — The mayor and a council member in a mostly white north Georgia city are facing calls to resign over racially charged comments.

At issue is how Mayor Theresa Kenerly treated a black candidate for the city administrator job in Hoschton.

In documents released by the city, Councilwoman Hope Weeks wrote that the mayor told her Keith Henry was a good candidate "but he was black and we don't have a big black population and she just didn't think Hoschton was ready for that."

Kenerly said she doesn't recall saying that.

According to census data , Hoschton is 84.6 percent white and the black population makes up 3.5 percent of the city. At last count, the city had 1,782 residents. 

At a tense city council meeting Monday, Councilwoman Susan Powers called for resignations of the mayor and her fellow Councilman Jim Cleveland.

Cleveland earlier told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that he abhors interracial marriage because he's a Christian.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

epistte
Junior Guide
1  seeder  epistte    5 years ago

It would seem that racism is alive and well in Hoschton Georgia. They don't want a black employee in a predominantly white town and a councilman is still citing his conservative religious beliefs to oppose interracial marriage.

Is this an example of when America was great?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  epistte @1    5 years ago

More evidence of the damage done to America by our current President who has declared bigotry and prejudice an endangered species that needs to be protected and saved. He has empowered those who have remained silent for decades for fear of being outed as the racists they are, but now given cover they once again ruffle their superiority with wanton abandon. They think to themselves "Well if the President of the United States can 'tell it like it is', then I'm going to openly declare by beliefs as well even if they aren't 'PC'..."

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1    5 years ago

[deleted.] Trump is no more racist or bigoted than any liberal on this board.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.3  seeder  epistte  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.2    5 years ago
Don't you ever get tired of being wrong. Trump is no more racist or bigoted than any liberal on this board.

Who are the racist liberals and what are their racist stances?

1.)

2.)

3.)

4.)

Defending the alt-right isn't a sign of racism for you?  Why is Stephen Miller on his staff if Trump isn't a racist? 

Trump Defends White-Nationalist Protesters: 'Some Very Fine People on Both Sides'

Speaking in the lobby of Trump Tower at what had been billed as a statement on infrastructure, a combative Trump defended his slowness to condemn white nationalists and neo-Nazis after the melee in central Virginia, which ended in the death of one woman and injuries to dozens of others, and compared the tearing down of Confederate monuments to the hypothetical removal of monuments to the Founding

Stephen Miller is a racist to his core,

Miller told a colleague, “I would be happy if not a single refugee foot ever again touched American soil”; and a middle-school classmate, that they couldn’t be friends anymore because of the classmate’s “Latino heritage.”

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  epistte @1.1.3    5 years ago

He, Miller, is the little Nazi bastard responsible for the immigrants being separated from their families, all the horrors against these families, that the turd in chief eagerly signed on to.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.5  bugsy  replied to  epistte @1.1.3    5 years ago
Trump Defends White-Nationalist Protesters: 'Some Very Fine People on Both Sides'

Good God...Not this lie again...

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.6  seeder  epistte  replied to  bugsy @1.1.5    5 years ago
Good God...Not this lie again...

Are you saying that he didn't say it? 

Why did he need to return the next day with a PC statement and claim that he was misunderstood? 

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.8  seeder  epistte  replied to    5 years ago
Miller is a jew and a nazi who knew.

He is also anti-immigration, despite the fact that his grandparents were asylum seekers from Russia in the early 1900s.  Should we be surprised that a bigoted racist is also a hypocrite?

Stephen Miller — a principal architect of the Trump administration’s immigration policy — is the descendant of asylum seekers who escaped anti-Jewish persecution in Eastern Europe.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
1.1.10  luther28  replied to    5 years ago

That he very may well be, but one thing is assured Mr. Miller is 100% arsehole.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  luther28 @1.1.10    5 years ago

Miller wonders why no one wants to date his scummy ass.  

luther28
Sophomore Silent
1.1.12  luther28  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.11    5 years ago

He has a puppy and a jar of peanut butter, who needs a girl friend:)

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.1.13  SteevieGee  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1    5 years ago
"Well if the President of the United States can 'tell it like it is', then I'm going to openly declare by beliefs as well even if they aren't 'PC'..."

You can openly declare your beliefs all you want but discriminating against a person because of race is illegal and you can rest assured there will be a lawsuit.  This guy won't need to work for the city because the city will soon be paying him to not work.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.14  seeder  epistte  replied to    5 years ago
So he isn't a Jew? 

Stephen Miller is Jewish. 

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.15  seeder  epistte  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.2    5 years ago
Don't you ever get tired of being wrong. Trump is no more racist or bigoted than any liberal on this board.

I'm still waiting for your response.  Who are these racist liberals? Don't make a claim in my threads if you don't plan to back it up when someone calls you out.  

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.16  seeder  epistte  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.11    5 years ago
Miller wonders why no one wants to date his scummy ass.  

Intelligent women don't swipe Reich.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.2  Split Personality  replied to  epistte @1    5 years ago

Hoschton is one of those incredible little, towns off of I-85 in north GA that would not exist but for the Interstate which supports

a few gas stations and restaurants in Braselton GA immediately off of I-85 with Hoschton a 2.8 square mile residential area next door.

The zip code covers parts of 4 counties...

I changed a fuel filter in the parking lot of an Auto parts place there many years ago.

They're still waiting for the South to rise again.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.2.1  seeder  epistte  replied to  Split Personality @1.2    5 years ago
Hoschton is one of those incredible little, towns off of I-85 in north GA that would not exist but for the Interstate which supports a few gas stations and restaurants in Braselton GA immediately off of I-85 with Hoschton a 2.8 square mile residential area next door.

Linndale, on the near southwest side of Cleveland, would not exist if it wasn't for I-71. It's a well-known speed trap, despite the fact that the cops need to leave town to get on the highway and have to exit the highway in another town because the city only fronts the highway for about 1/2mile.   Their cops actions cause crashes on the highway when people who aren't familiar with their tactics slam on the brakes. 

luther28
Sophomore Silent
1.2.2  luther28  replied to  Split Personality @1.2    5 years ago
They're still waiting for the South to rise again.

Then perhaps they require a bit of yeast in their batter.

JBB
Professor Principal
2  JBB    5 years ago

What in the actual fuck? "Feeling cute. Might discriminate. I dont know" /S...

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4  Ed-NavDoc    5 years ago

A racial discrimination lawsuit is definitely in order here! Hope he files and wins!

epistte
Junior Guide
4.1  seeder  epistte  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4    5 years ago
A racial discrimination lawsuit is definitely in order here! Hope he files and wins!

Being pubically outed as bigots is the first step to ending racism. This is why the Klan wore hoods to hide their identity. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  epistte @4.1    5 years ago

safe_image.php?d=AQD8oKATRjkvYwdY&w=540&h=282&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwp-media.patheos.com%2Fblogs%2Fsites%2F410%2F2019%2F05%2FJimCleveland1-768x392.png&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallback=news_d_placeholder_publisher&_nc_hash=AQCFpA3L5N2kfOhU

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
4.1.3  SteevieGee  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.2    5 years ago

... and don't even git me started on them homos.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.2    5 years ago

'I'm a christian and my christian beliefs are you don't do interracial marriage . . .'  'I only do my sister mommy wife 'cause that's what inbred dumb racist fucks like me do . . . off to the family reunion to pick a new sister wife' 

epistte
Junior Guide
4.1.5  seeder  epistte  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.4    5 years ago

I have a hilarious meme that would be a perfect response, but it might not be PC enough to post.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  epistte @4.1.5    5 years ago

I'd say go for it but you'd probably get a ticket  

epistte
Junior Guide
4.1.7  seeder  epistte  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.6    5 years ago
I'd say go for it but you'd probably get a ticket  

It's on my home desktop so I'll PM a link to you when I get home.

It's hilarious but its definitely not PC. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  epistte @4.1.7    5 years ago

Thanks hon!

luther28
Sophomore Silent
5  luther28    5 years ago

This is 2019 correct?

We must have fallen into the way back machine, that these notions still persist in this day and age would be laughable if it were not so pathetic.