╌>

Charlamagne tha God says Biden an 'intricate part' of system that 'needs to be dismantled' : 'What have you done for me, lately?'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  kdmichigan  •  4 years ago  •  12 comments

By:   Caitlin McFall (Fox News)

Charlamagne tha God says Biden an 'intricate part' of system that 'needs to be dismantled' : 'What have you done for me, lately?'
Radio host Charlamagne tha God is pushing back one day after former Vice President Joe Biden said on his show "The Breakfast Club" that African-American voters "ain't black" if they can't decide whether to vote for him or incumbent President Trump.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Is the presumptive Democratic nominee taking black voters for granted? Reaction and analysis from Fox News contributors Richard Fowler, Lawrence Jones and Gianno Caldwell.

Radio host Charlamagne tha God is pushing back one day after former Vice President Joe Biden said on his show "The Breakfast Club" that African-American voters "ain't black" if they can't decide whether to vote for him or incumbent President Trump.

"I see black communities all across America catching hell regardless of who is in the White House," the radio host told The Hill on Saturday. "Because we have a bunch of underlying conditions created by systemic racism that have never been fixed."

"The whole system needs to be dismantled and rebuilt, and he's been a very intricate part of that system," Charlamagne tha God -- whose name is Lenard Larry McKelvey -- said of Biden.

"My take away from the conversation was, I heard him talking about things that he did for black people back in the day. But you know, 'What have you done for me lately?' is my motto," Charlamagne tha God said.

During the interview, which aired Friday, a Biden aide tried to end the interview and the radio host asked the former vice president to come back on the show. "It's a long way to November. We've got more questions," he said.

Biden responded: "I tell you, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."

"It has nothing to do with Trump. It has to do with the fact that I want something for my community," the host said.

"Take a look at my record, man," Biden responded. "I extended the Voting Rights Act for 25 years. I have a record that is second to none. The NAACP [has] endorsed me every time I've run. Take a look at the record."

Later Friday, during a call with the U.S. Black Chambers, Biden expressed regret over his choice of but came shy of a full apology.

"I shouldn't have been such a wise guy," Biden said. "No one should have to vote for any party, based on their race or religion or background."

Biden has also reportedly agreed to go back on "The Breakfast Club" with Charlamagne tha God.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1  seeder  KDMichigan    4 years ago

This guy is a real piece of work. So what was he joking about, his NAACP endorsing him claim. 

Blacks need to get off the Democrat Plantation.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  KDMichigan @1    4 years ago

Biden has done nothing lately and thinks that the big ‘D’ after his name is enough.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  KDMichigan @1    4 years ago

And join the Neo Nazis under the Trump umbrella! 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.2.1  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1.2    4 years ago

I know it's hard for left wingers to understand but the reason groups like Nazi lean towards conservatives isn't because they have racist beliefs its because they believe in freedom and personal responsibility. Left wingers want the government to wipe their ass from cradle to grave. Anyone with a lick of common sense knows it is the Democrats with the racist policies and past. FFS look and your nominee's history. Oh nevermind.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.2  JohnRussell  replied to  KDMichigan @1.2.1    4 years ago
I know it's hard for left wingers to understand but the reason groups like Nazi lean towards conservatives isn't because they have racist beliefs its because they believe in freedom and personal responsibility.

That is one strange comment. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.2.3  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.2    4 years ago

The truth hurts huh?

Deleted

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2.4  1stwarrior  replied to  KDMichigan @1.2.1    4 years ago

With today being what it is - Memorial Day - your comment is just as bad.

Lighten up - all of you.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.5  JohnRussell  replied to  KDMichigan @1.2.3    4 years ago

You said that Nazis love conservatives because of "freedom", and you think my comment is bad? 

lol. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.2.6  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.5    4 years ago

I know it's hard for left wingers to understand. 

I don't agree with what a lot of people choose to believe, but that is their choice. Yes John that is what freedom is about. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.2.7  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  KDMichigan @1.2.6    4 years ago

I am not a left winger and I have to agree with the reaction. 

The very last thing that conservatives should want is any connection or affiliation with Nazis. We fought the Nazis to preserve our freedom. They were and are our enemy. They didn't believe in freedom and personal responsibility. They believed in total loyalty to the state. They believed in racial superiority. They believed in big brother (think the SS). To say that they neo-nazis have an affiliation to conservatives, should be pretty scary to conservatives. It is actually the opposite of what conservatives say are their values. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.2.8  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2.7    4 years ago

What reaction? Are you playing into the conservatives are racist BS? 

Again In America you are free to believe as you want. 

I have no sympathy for Nazi, KKK, White supremist. 

So please tell me how conservatives embrace these people, I'll wait a long time I'm sure.

Whats funny is I don't see you addressing the stupid comment that started it all, not suprising.

But you want to confront me because I stated that conservatives believe in your right to choose your beliefs and personal responsibility. Did I say it was okay for these groups to violate are laws? 

To say that they neo-nazis have an affiliation to conservatives, should be pretty scary to conservatives. It is actually the opposite of what conservatives say are their values. 

Again why are you not addressing your comment to Thrawn,  I believe that they lean right because conservatives believe in Freedom of choice, and you are right they are the opposite of what conservatives believe, they are more in line with the democrats.

Transyferous Rex
Freshman Quiet
2  Transyferous Rex    4 years ago
Biden responded: "I tell you, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."

The statement is telling. Biden doesn't have time, nor the desire, to listen to or field policy concerns the assumed constituency has. Why should black voters cast their ballots for him? Simple, because they are black and he is a democrat. He doesn't want to get into policy, because the concerns of black americans are irrelevant. Play the race card, and reinforce the notion that real black voters would never even consider a vote for a republican. He doesn't want to discuss policy, he wants a photo op. This is another example of Joe freely speaking his mind.