╌>

Laura Ingraham Jumps In as Trump Compares Police Shooting to Golf

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  13 comments

By:   Reed Richardson (Mediaite)

Laura Ingraham Jumps In as Trump Compares Police Shooting to Golf
Watch Laura Ingraham jump in as Trump starts comparing police who 'choke' by shooting Jacob Blake to missing a three-foot golf putt

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Reed RichardsonAug 31st, 2020, 11:16 pm

Fox News' Laura Ingraham quickly jumped in during her interview with President Donald Trump in an attempt to head off a highly inappropriate analogy, where he compared police officers who "choke" by shooting Jacob Blake in the back or kneeling on George Floyd's neck until he dies to missing a three-foot golf putt.

During the Fox host's hour-long interview, Ingraham turned to the nationwide protests and unrest that has followed Floyd's death and Blake's recent shooting. But she framed her question around the dangers that police face, claiming that she thought it was more dangerous to be a cop now than it has been in "a long time."

"It's more dangerous to be a police officer today, do you not think than it has been a long time?" Ingraham said.

"The police are under siege," Trump then claimed. "They can do 10,000 great acts, which is what they do, and one bad apple or a choker — a joker — they choke."

"You mean, they, they panic," Ingraham helpfully clarified.

"Shooting the guy in the back many times. I mean, 'Couldn't you have done something different? Couldn't you have wrestled him?'" Trump then said, alluding to Blake, who was shot seven times in the back at point blank range by a Kenosha police offer.

"You know, I mean, in the meantime, he might've been going for a weapon. And you know there's a whole big thing there. But they choke, just like in a golf tournament, they miss a 3-foot putt…"

"You're not comparing it to golf," Ingraham quickly jumped in, as Trump actually did compare police shootings and killings to missing a gimme putt. "Because of course that's what the media would say…people make, people panic," she then added, steering Trump away from the golf analogy while nodding her head.

"I'm saying people choke," Trump insisted, without disavowing his comparison. "And people are bad people. You have both. If you have some bad people and they choke. You could be a police officer for 15 years and all of a sudden you're confronted. You've got a quarter of a second to make a decision. If you don't make the decision and you're wrong, you're dead. People choke under those circumstances and they make a bad decision. I've seen bad decisions of people that, it looked bad, but probably it was a choke. But you also have bad police, but you also, the vast, not only the vast majority, but thousands and thousands of great acts, and you make the evening news for weeks."

Watch the video above, via Fox News.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

In this full interview, which you undoubtedly hear more about during the day today,  Trump also suggested that he wants to prevent poor people from moving to the suburbs in order to protect the women (white women) , and that he was told that there were planes full of people dressed in dark clothing who came to Washington last week to disrupt the streets outside his convention speech at the White House. 

Trump, of course , cannot survive an interview of more than 30 seconds without saying ridiculous and offensive things. And he can't stop wanting to be interviewed because he thinks he's a stable genius. 

Eat The Press Do Not Read It
Professor Guide
1.1  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

A peep into Trump's twisted mind is more disturbing than one through a Serial Killer.

Trump is on the verge of INSANITY, or, has passed through that door enroute to HELL.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

The man is a mental midget.  Reporters should just stop interviewing him because of the crap he spews.  I would like to see him do just one more though.....from prison.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Trump's 'Dark Shadows' Conspiracy Theory Mocked by Twitter

By Mediaite StaffSep 1st, 2020, 7:06 am
4-5 minutes

President  Donald Trump   appeared on Fox News Monday in an interview with   Laura Ingraham   and, among other things, said that   Joe Biden   isn’t going to calm down current civil unrest if he gets elected. But it was his   conspiracy theory   that the former Vice President was being controlled by “men in dark shadows,” that elicited the most significant reaction on Twitter.

After Trump noted, “I don’t even like to mention Biden because he’s not controlling anything,” Ingraham asked, “Who do you think is pulling Biden’s strings?” Ingraham asked. “Is it former Obama officials?”

“People you’ve never heard of, people that are in the dark shadows,” Trump responded. After Ingraham noted, “that sounds like a conspiracy theory,” Trump explained, “They’re people you haven’t heard of. They’re people that are on the streets, people that are controlling the streets.”

Trump also claimed that there was someone who recently got on a plane “from a certain city” this weekend, and the flight was “almost completely loaded with thugs wearing these dark uniforms, black uniforms with gear and this and that.” When Ingraham asked what he’s talking about, Trump said, “I will tell you sometime, but it’s under investigation right now.”

There is no evidence of Trump’s claim, but that didn’t keep this portion of the video from being shared widely, and not in a way that his supporters would love. There was no shortage of mockery and ridicule as many on Twitter pointed an laughed. For example:

All of you idiots making fun of Donald and ignoring the VERY CLEAR information he’s trying to convey — people in the dark shadows who are getting on planes in black uniforms and flying to cities. Shadow People Dressed In Black On Airplanes. WAKE UP.  

— Patton Oswalt (@pattonoswalt)   September 1, 2020
Is this dude ok?   — Joy Reid (@JoyAnnReid)   September 1, 2020
Let me get this straight.   @realDonaldTrump   says "people in dark shadows" control   #JoeBiden , who literally was the most accessible US Senator riding Amtrak from Delaware to Washington for 35 years before he became VP.   — Greg Logan (@GregLogan1)   September 1, 2020
So these 'string-pullers', just to clarify.

They live in the dark shadows, on the streets. And we never ever see them.

But they also ALL HOP ON A FLIGHT TOGETHER dressed as "thugs" with dark uniforms carrying "gear"?

What 1970s movie has he been watching?

— Alice Evans (@AliceEvansGruff)   September 1, 2020
Good of the president to give Dark Shadows a shoutout.   pic.twitter.com/K6XO9Rct26 — changeist (@changeist)   September 1, 2020
“Biden is being controlled by the people in the dark shadows.”
Donald Trump

Seriously, the Trump platform is weak AF.

— Christopher Titus (@TitusNation)   September 1, 2020
This!!! Rupert Murdoch is the evil thug in the dark shadows Trump alludes to.

Rupert Murdoch (and the Murdoch coven) is a cancer on humanity.  

— Jamie Jackson (@JamieJNYC)   September 1, 2020
Oh my. “Dark shadows” and “people wearing black uniforms.” How much is it worth to you that this unwell man is not president? $1? $10? $100? Step up and save America from this lunatic. Elect   @JoeBiden   at:     — Eric Swalwell (@ericswalwell)   September 1, 2020
No, I— I mean this is barshit stuff. Like actual, real, total batshit, crazy insane, lunatic shit that should terrify the soul out of everyone, because this is TRUE “people in the dark shadows” insane, utter terror. pic.twitter.com/kLbCItjueK — Jeffrey Lieber (@JeffLieber)   September 1, 2020

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago
But they also ALL HOP ON A FLIGHT TOGETHER dressed as "thugs" with dark uniforms carrying "gear"?

Sounds like the opening scene of a Chuck Norris movie. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago

So that's what MIB (Men in Black) are doing these days!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2    4 years ago

Trout, they want this malevolent clown to be on our television and video screens for the next four years. How do we stop this insanity? 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.1    4 years ago
How do we stop this insanity? 

Vote

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
3.3  Account Deleted  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago

I can help out here - the guy that told him the story was his imaginary friend Jim who won't go to Paris anymore.

The plane came from an imaginary city in the imaginary country Nambia.

The men in black were all members of the mysterious imaginary group known as  QCovfefefa - a splinter group of ousted Antifa and QAnon members who failed their groups cognitive tests.

JBB
Professor Principal
4  JBB    4 years ago

Seven holes in one...man? Trump really is deplorable!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5  Trout Giggles    4 years ago

I think he learned a new word yesterday....

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
6  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    4 years ago

Dump Trump 2020!  Please!!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

"I'm saying people choke,"

To choke is to freeze up and not follow through.  Shooting someone 7 times is adrenaline fueled.