╌>

Navalny Poisoned With Novichok, Nerve Agent Russia Used on Skripal, Test Shows

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  4 years ago  •  12 comments

By:    Brendan Cole 2 hrs ago (MSN)

The Russian opposition figure is being treated at Berlin's Charite hospital where he has been transferred from the Siberian city of Omsk.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The German government has said that prominent Kremlin critic Alexei Navalny, who is being treated in a hospital in Berlin, was poisoned by the chemical nerve agent Novichok.

© Maja Hitij/Getty Images A portable isolation unit used to transport Russian opposition figure Alexei Navalny at Charite hospital on August 22, 2020 in Berlin, Germany. Navalny is being treated at the hospital for suspected poisoning.

Navalny, who was transferred to the Charite hospital in the German capital on August 22 after initially being treated in the Siberian city of Omsk, is in a serious but stable condition.

In a statement on Wednesday afternoon, German government spokesman Steffen Seibert said that there was "unequivocal proof" that Navalny was a victim of Novichok. The same substance was also used in the poison attack in Salisbury, England, on former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter, Yulia, in 2018.

Chancellor Angela Merkel is discussing "further steps" about the case with top members of her government, as Germany ponders its next move following what Seibert described as a "shocking event."

Meanwhile, Russia's ambassador to Berlin has been summoned by the German government.

"The federal government condemns this attack in the strongest possible terms," Seibert's statement said, adding, "the Russian government is being urged to explain itself."

This is a developing story and will be updated as more information becomes available.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    4 years ago

Lovely to have a United States President involved in a long-term bromance with Vladimir Putin.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    4 years ago

Is it any better to have a Democratic presidential candidate who feels the same about China?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1    4 years ago

Deflection.

Professor Guide
1.1.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1    4 years ago
Is it any better to have a Democratic presidential candidate who feels the same about China?

If you are talking about Joe Biden, please provide a solid, reliable link.  Twitter comments by Donald Trump are not considered a solid, reliable link.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.2    4 years ago

Actually, I was being facetious. I realize I should have said so. My bad, my apologies.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.1    4 years ago

No, really? (Sarc)

Professor Guide
1.1.5  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1.3    4 years ago
Actually, I was being facetious.

No, you weren't.  But I'll take this comment as a retraction of the claim in question.  Thank you.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.6  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.5    4 years ago

As you wish.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2  Ed-NavDoc    4 years ago

Putin and the Ruskies take their assassinations very seriously...

Professor Guide
2.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2    4 years ago

Yes, they do.

I wouldn't mind knowing why other countries are calling it out, and Trump is remaining completely silent...like he has with Kim Jong Un and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2  Split Personality  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2    4 years ago

As do the North Koreans.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2    4 years ago

Sadly, our President sees that as something he wants to emulate instead of condone. Dirty Donald wishes Americans would stand up and listen to him like Kim Jong Un's subjugated populace does for their dear Leader, he wishes he could assassinate political opponents or strip private opposition media of their licenses like Putin does, he wishes he could just arrest dissenters proclaiming them enemies of the State and lock them up as Erdogan does, he wishes he could just ride around the streets of Democrat majority cities shooting those he suspects are criminals like Duterte does. And this is the guy over a third of the nation is chomping at the bit to vote for. We are living in truly insane times.