╌>

Petition to Remove Tucker Carlson From Fox News Surpasses 100,000 Signatures

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  flynavy1  •  4 years ago  •  75 comments

By:    Jocelyn Grzeszczak

Petition to Remove Tucker Carlson From Fox News Surpasses 100,000 Signatures
Carlson came under criticism after he attempted to explain the actions of 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse, the teenager who allegedly shot and killed two people last week during a protest in Kenosha,

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

NewsFox NewsJacob BlakeTucker CarlsonPetition

A petition demanding that Fox News host Tucker Carlson be immediately removed from the air has garnered over 100,000 signatures since its creation one week ago.

Change.org user "Erika (with a K)" started the petition titled "Remove Tucker Carlson" last week, following the latest bout of controversial statements made by the well-known Republican commentator.

Carlson came under criticism after he attempted to explain the actions of 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse, the teenager who allegedly shot and killed two people last week during a protest in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

In a segment of his show Tucker Carlson Tonight August 26, Carlson showed graphic footage from the riots, at which hundreds had gathered to protest the non-fatal shooting of Jacob Blake, a 29-year-old Black man who was shot seven times in the back by a white Kenosha police officer.

"We do know why it happened though," Carlson said, referring to Rittenhouse's alleged actions. "Kenosha's devolved into anarchy because the authorities in charge of the city abandoned it."

The Fox anchor added that everyone "from the governor of Wisconsin on down" had refused to enforce the law.

"They stood back and watched Kenosha burn. So are we really surprised that looting and arson accelerated to murder? How shocked are we that 17-year-olds with rifles decided they had to maintain order when no one else would?" Carlson said. "Everyone can see what was happening in Kenosha. It was getting crazier by the hour."

Fox News host Tucker Carlson discusses 'Populism and the Right' during the National Review Institute's Ideas Summit on March 29, 2019, in Washington, D,C. A petition demanding that Carlson be immediately removed from the air has garnered over 100,000 signatures as of September 3.Chip Somodevilla/Getty

The Change.org petition calling for Carlson's removal asserted that the host's comments "are becoming increasingly dangerous," and "are exemplary of blatant racism and fascism."

"When a Black man is killed by police, Carlson implies that he's a thug," the petition stated. "When a White boy kills two protestors, Carlson implies that he's a patriot and a hero."

The petition demands that Carlson "be removed from the air immediately" and that "those who provide ads to Carlson's program withdraw from their agreement with his show."

In an update posted Tuesday on the petition's page, its creator wrote that Carlson's actions "are not a partisan issue," and that people from "every side of the political spectrum" agreed they are problematic.

Some people have jumped to Carlson's defense. Actor Robert Davi responded August 27 to Pod Save America host Jon Favreau, who had called Carlson's remarks "revolting."

"My message to @jonfavs and the rest of (the) monkeys calling for the crucifixion of @TuckerCarlson — Can you handle the truth!" Davi wrote in a tweet that also contained a video response to the "crucifixion" of Carlson by "the Left and a lot of celebrities."

In response to Newsweek's request for comment, a spokesperson for Fox News pointed to Carlson's full commentary and included a transcript of his remarks.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1  seeder  FLYNAVY1    4 years ago

Mildly interesting compared to the recent details about Trump's Corona virus response, but interesting enough.

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1  evilone  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1    4 years ago

Couple this with the rumor that Rupert Murdock doesn't like Trump and thinks Trump will lose and we have an interesting dynamic. I can totally see that if Trump loses he blames Fox News and in some way gets in bed with One America News to try and stay relevant. That's if he can stay out of jail.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  evilone @1.1    4 years ago

I thought Murdock was dead

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1.2  evilone  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.1    4 years ago
I thought Murdock was dead

No Murdock is still alive. Are you confusing him with Roger Ailes?

In private Trump blames Fox Corp. cochairman  Rupert Murdoch  for allowing segments like Griffin’s on the air. Sources who’ve spoken with Trump told me Trump thinks Murdoch wants him to lose. Source

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  evilone @1.1.2    4 years ago

Yes, I confused the two. Thanks for straightening me out

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2  Trout Giggles    4 years ago

I don't watch Fox News or Carlson so I really don't care if he's removed. I do find it ironic that someone from a liberal organization is passing around this petition and has 100,00 signatures already. How many of those are like me and don't even watch Fox News?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

The best way to hit is letting the sponsors know that their products will be boycotted.  If their bottom line is threatened, watch how fast they pull their sponsorships.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3    4 years ago
The best way to hit is letting the sponsors know that their products will be boycotted. 

I've seen many "Boycott!" cancel culture comments before ... Toyota, GM, Uber, Chick Fil A, Starbucks, Goya,  etc.

The only thing a politically driven knee-jerk boycott accomplishes is that middle and lower income employees will lose their jobs when profits plummet due to that "boycott".

How, exactly, does that boycott help the people who rely on a steady paycheck to feed their families and need to pay rent, mortgages, utilities? 

Please think about this before calling for another boycott.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.1    4 years ago
The only thing a politically driven knee-jerk boycott accomplishes is that middle and lower income employees will lose their jobs when profits plummet due to that "boycott".

Tell that to the Million Moms who wanted everyone to boycott JC Penny because of Ellen DeGeneres

It's a 2-way street

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.1    4 years ago
Tell that to the Million Moms who wanted everyone to boycott JC Penny because of Ellen DeGeneres

There's no need for me to "tell" them anything, because I don't know who they are or what they wanted.

Please reread my comment 3.1 very carefully , because I specifically stated my opinion that boycotts of any political leaning do not help middle and lower income workers . If my open-minded opinion about this differs from yours, so be it. Good-bye.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.1.2    4 years ago

Right.....right......right.....

There wasn't a lot of noise at NV about it when it happened or on all the news channels. Memory getting a little faulty? Or just an attempt to back track on "boycotts don't work"

Personally, I don't boycott, either. I happen to like Chik fil A. And Starbucks.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.1    4 years ago

Sponsors would simply find better ways to spend their money.  I doubt there would be significant job loss.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.5  Dulay  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.1    4 years ago

Are you under some delusion that advertisers have nowhere to go but Tucker Carlson?

But hey, Tucker will always have the my pillow guy. The rest of his sponsors can easily go elsewhere and their employees will not be effected one bit.  

Oh and BTFW, MAGA 'politically driven knee-jerk boycotts' of Subaru and Walmart and Twitter and CNN and Netflix and Starbucks and Budweiser [of all things\ were just devastating weren't they?

Hell Subaru had their best year to date during that boycott. 

Nobody listened except the sycophants and even they slithered right back. 

Pfttt. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.6  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dulay @3.1.5    4 years ago

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/08/09/business/media/fox-news-ratings.amp.html

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.7  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.6    4 years ago

Is that link supposed to make a point in reply to my comment Xx? 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.2  cjcold  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3    4 years ago

A solid right cross to the jaw would be my choice of hit. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  cjcold @3.2    4 years ago

Mine also.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    4 years ago
Carlson came under criticism after he attempted to explain the actions of 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse, the teenager who allegedly shot and killed two people last week during a protest in Kenosha

Why criticize such an effort? It’s a crime that cries out for an explanation. I would think anyone who sees it would want to know why it happened.

“When a White boy kills two protestors, Carlson implies that he's a patriot and a hero."

I don’t see that in the quotes. An analysis is not an endorsement. I don’t see anything in the quotes in this story that constitute an endorsement. Carlson called it murder.

So are we really surprised that looting and arson accelerated to murder?

How is that implying patriotism or heroism? It doesn’t. 

What it does do is place some responsibility for the murder on people who don’t want it. In point of fact, those people (local government) don’t seem to want to take responsibility for much of anything. And that’s the point.

You don’t have to agree with that analysis, but it does not constitute some kind of endorsement of murder.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5  Sean Treacy    4 years ago

100,000 people who don’t watch tucker Carlson sign a we hate tucker Carlson petition. 

In other news, someone passed a mean note around the lunch table at spring valley middle school claiming John smith eats boogers.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1  bugsy  replied to  Sean Treacy @5    4 years ago
100,000 people who don’t watch tucker Carlson sign a we hate tucker Carlson petition. 

I think that 100,000 represents the entire viewing public of CNNLOL and MSDNC together.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.1.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  bugsy @5.1    4 years ago

See, I'm not without heart..... 

[Deleted]

You are more than free to make any sort of childish comments about this "we hate Tucker" petition to your hearts content.  Have at it! 

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.2  bugsy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.1.1    4 years ago
removed for context

Actually, I haven't even heard it today. [deleted]

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.1.4  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  bugsy @5.1.2    4 years ago

True.... your comment list confirms you've stayed away from the topics of the Woodward tapes.

To your other points.... I don't waste beer.  Mine is Franziskaner Weissbier.  It comes in bottles and would be a crime to waste by throwing it at Trump, or damage  my tv.

Enjoy your day......

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.1.5  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  gooseisgone @5.1.3    4 years ago

Oh I could see where you would be "all in" on TC's commentary....... Please continue to enjoy it to your hearts content.

Have a nice day.....

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.1.1    4 years ago
Removed for context - sandy

Back at ya Navy. Seems you and several others are clutching your pearls over that comment and it also seems you and those same others are the ones that can't get your sphincter to let it go.

Tell me, have you ever in your life faced something dire that could affect the ones you love but chose to not disclose the full details of your knowledge to save them from some possibly negative effects on them and you didn't want them to panic? I have. In the past. 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.1.7  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.6    4 years ago

I'm sure your comment sounded better in your head than when it is in written form....

What you say is all well and good, but in this case we now have 190,000 dead from the virus.  Do you not think that maybe being a champion for social distancing and the wearing of masks might have kept the body count down?  To date he still refuses to follow his administrations own guidelines.....  In other words.... Bullshit!  Even Kennedy knew to level with the American people about nuke missiles in Cuba.

If your answer is the best you and your buddies over at Fox or Breitbart have come up with I suggest you huddle up again to find something more plausible.

Now run along......

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.8  bugsy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.1.4    4 years ago
your comment list confirms you've stayed away from the topics of the Woodward tapes.

Because only those that use butt hurt cream on a regular basis look at those comments as something earth shattering.

If Trump had gone the opposite route and told us we are all going to die, then the left would be screaming he is fearmongering and to not believe him.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.1.7    4 years ago

All trmp had to do was endorse the social distancing and wearing masks. But, no. He had to show that he is no leader but not leading by example. Holding rally after rally and spreading the virus around. Oh...he knows more than the scientists. Listen to him...not the scientists!

I don't think we needed to go into total lockdown, but encourage people to work from home where they could. Educate people on to avoid contracting it or spreading it. He could have done so much but he chose to ignore it because he didn't want the stock market to tank...but it did anyway

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.1.10  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  bugsy @5.1.8    4 years ago

So you dance around to both extremes looking for justification, but refuse to acknowledge the facts that masks and social distancing would have reduced the number of dead and infections to date.  Furthermore, and still to this day, Trump still will not promote either which are in his administration's guidelines.  That's basic leadership Bugs!  And Trump ignores it as do his followers.  That's why we now have 190,000 dead and climbing. 

The motherfucker's ONLY thought "to play it down" was to preserve the stock market.  He could give a damn about the rest of us or even his most ardent supporters.  To him..... you're chumps. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.11  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.1.7    4 years ago

Gonna answer the question or not?

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.1.12  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.11    4 years ago

No, my wife and I have always hit things head on.... together.  No secrets.  

And Trump "playing things down" was all about keeping the stock market from diving off a cliff which it did anyway.

So now your your turn.... even if he was "just playing things down" what would it have hurt to be a champion for social distancing and facemasks when all the data says they work to reduce transmission?

Hell... he's still holding super spreader events and lying/denying about this virus!  Trump is laughing at you for being such a chump!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.13  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.1.12    4 years ago

Not even from the kids huh?

He operated on the data at the time. I don't know how many people posting it, especially the "timelines" it will take but what I am saying is, had he championed it I am most certain that, because it was him doing it, scores of people would have poo pooed it as bullshit and alarmist and over reaction. You cannot deny that fact..........well maybe YOU can but I ain't buying it. Look at the many MANY things he has said that got poo pooed that came to fruition. And your stock market crap is just that. If you can find a quote saying that "we can't do that or the markets will crash", I'll entertain it and change my mind. Until that time, no dice. As you say, they crashed anyway.........and a lot of that had to do with the rest of the world and the over/under reaction on world markets. He did the right thing at the outset by shutting out China travel to the US as the very first cases were on the west coast if memory serves. That the Chinese went back to Italy for their fashion industry jobs and took it with them resulting in our major concerns shifting to Europe...........which the Chinese Government could have at least lessened travel abroad NOT just in Wuhan. They didn't. And we NOR Europe saw it coming until after it was too late.

As far as his super spreader events, no one is dragging anyone kicking and screaming that they didn't want to go. It goes back to the age old personal responsibility. Don't want to take the chance? Don't go to a rally, don't go to a motorcycle event, hell don't go out at all unless necessary.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.1.14  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.13    4 years ago

What a crock of shit Jim...  every word.  

It's obvious personal responsibility and Trump Chumps don't go together.  

President Donald Trump at a campaign rally Tuesday boasted of flouting coronavirus restrictions to stage the event and mocked Democrats for supporting the measures.

Personal responsibility my ass..... IT'S ABOUT LEADERSHIP, AND TRUMP DOESN'T QUALIFY.

Obviously you don't get it either.

If it's no big deal, and nobody should be worried about it, why is Trump having people sign documents that say they can't sue him if they contract Covid at one of his events.  Not a big health risk, but sure as hell must have him scared from a legal standpoint.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5.1.15  cjcold  replied to  gooseisgone @5.1.3    4 years ago
Carlson is the "ONLY" show I watch

I can't think of any way to respond to that without earning a ticket.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.16  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @5.1    4 years ago

Gee, your only off by about 12 MILLION in prime time alone. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.19  Dulay  replied to  gooseisgone @5.1.18    4 years ago
and you know what they say "Those that control the media control the media's content"

I'm sure that you thought that your comment made some kind of cogent point. You were wrong. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.21  Dulay  replied to  gooseisgone @5.1.20    4 years ago

None of which make it a cogent reply to my comment which was about RATINGS, not content. Try to keep up...

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1.22  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.1.12    4 years ago

If Trump had encouraged masks and social distancing, maybe a lot of businesses would not have gone under and that would have helped the market.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.24  Dulay  replied to  gooseisgone @5.1.23    4 years ago
Because your post wasn't "cogent' to begin with

Yet you chose to regurgitate an irrelevant copy and paste quote from another seed anyway? 

, Bugsy said "I think" with regards to two cable news outlets

My comment refuted what bugsy thinks with a FACT. 

Note that neither you or bugsy addressed that FACT. 

and wasn't trying to state as fact and you chime in with prime time audience.

Are you trying to claim that the prime time audience wasn't included in bugsy's '100,000 represents the entire viewing public'? Did bugsy tell you that? 

Oh and is it your posit that what NT members 'think' shouldn't be refuted with facts?  

Your copy and paste was irrelevant and your further argument hasn't been cogent. Live with it. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.26  Dulay  replied to  gooseisgone @5.1.25    4 years ago
Yes,  that's exactly what I am telling you, don't you read things before you comment?

Yes, I not only read them, unlike you, I understand them. 

I'll leave it to other members to decide whether they think that the phrase 'the entire viewing public' includes the 'prime time audience'. 

No...his post did if you read it,

Nope. 

he only mentioned CNN and MSNBC,

Actually, if YOU read it, he didn't. We're merely presuming that's what he meant. Much like all of the presumptions you've made in your posts. 

or are you telling me CNN and MSNBC has 12 million viewers.

Yes, that's exactly what I am telling you. Rachel Maddow's ratings are between 3.5 and 5.2 MILLION every night. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.28  Dulay  replied to  gooseisgone @5.1.27    4 years ago
Well, I am sorry to see you don't understand. 

I understand perfectly. 

Little fussy on math too. 12mil - 5.2mil = 6.8mil for CNN,   Really....... please provide the link. 

You know that Rachel Maddow isn't the only MSNBC in primetime right? 

You know that even just the 3.5 million proves bugsy's 'thinking' is bullshit right? 

But hey, keep digging...

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.30  Dulay  replied to  gooseisgone @5.1.29    4 years ago
You keep trying to justify your silly comment rather than just saying "my bad" and calling it a day

Back at ya. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.32  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @5.1.24    4 years ago
My comment refuted what bugsy thinks with a FACT. 

Well, it didn't, but you probably already knew that.

Carlson drew 4.7 million viewers on September 21.

CNNLOL and MSDNC drew less than that TOGETHER on the same time slot.

Seems like you pulled that 12 million out of your....well, you know where.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.33  bugsy  replied to  gooseisgone @5.1.25    4 years ago
or are you telling me CNN and MSNBC has 12 million viewers.

Maybe total in a week's time.

Be careful what you post to the expert internet (fill in the blank here). Replying to something never said seems to be a forte'...

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.34  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @5.1.28    4 years ago
You know that even just the 3.5 million proves bugsy's 'thinking' is bullshit right? 

You really need to stop taking everything so literal. It will be good for the mind.

There are things called "opinions". You are aware of them. Those ideas that if they are different than liberal group think, you are automatically attacked for it. You do that well.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.35  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @5.1.32    4 years ago
CNNLOL and MSDNC drew less than that TOGETHER on the same time slot.

You didn't say anything about a time slot, DID you bugsy? You said their ' the entire viewing public' didn't you bugsy? 

So what Carlson drew is irrelevant. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.36  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @5.1.34    4 years ago
There are things called "opinions".

You're positing your opinion as fact and continue to do so. 

Maybe total in a week's time. Well, it didn't, but you probably already knew that.

Your opinion is WRONG. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.37  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @5.1.36    4 years ago
ou're positing your opinion as fact and continue to do so. 

Because most of the time I am correct, you just don't like it, and lastworditis is rampant with you, so sige na. and take it.

You have my permission..

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.38  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @5.1.37    4 years ago
Because most of the time I am correct

Hilarious, false and proven right here in this thread. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
6  sixpick    4 years ago

Actually, it might be a good idea to watch a little "Tucker Carlson."  Don't you think it would be a good idea to do all you can to reduce the ignorance in this country?  Maybe you're not as informed as you could be.  Heck, even I watch CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC along with reading articles from such sources as Newsweek, Political, Huffington Post, NYT, Washington Post, Rawstory, The Daily Beast and many others so I will be more fully informed.

It's hard to speak from a position of intelligence when you are uninformed.  Now,  some people are just stupid and there's nothing that can be done to overcome that, sorry.  Now I'm not saying anyone here is ignorant or stupid, but becoming informed is a step away from ignorance.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
6.1  cjcold  replied to  sixpick @6    4 years ago

Being informed by Fox and Tucker is a huge step towards being an ignorant fool.  

sixpick
Professor Quiet
6.1.1  sixpick  replied to  cjcold @6.1    4 years ago

Cjcold, did you take a look at the video?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  sixpick @6.1.1    4 years ago

Some here proudly display their political bias and uninformed ignorance

gv091020dAPR20200910034542.jpg

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
6.1.3  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  sixpick @6.1.1    4 years ago

The video has been removed by the uploader.......  It can't be seen.

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.4  Dulay  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @6.1.3    4 years ago

Here I found it for you:

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  cjcold @6.1    4 years ago

This is all anyone needs to know about where this is going

sixpick
Professor Quiet
6.1.6  sixpick  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @6.1.3    4 years ago

I don't know what happened to that video, but here is the same video.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1.7  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Dulay @6.1.4    4 years ago

Dang, Kimberly Guilloyford (sp) has really let herself go.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1.8  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.5    4 years ago

Actually, I see quite a few of them, although there are none in my wife's family.  But the difference is, I'm not the least bit scared of them. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

What?  There are people who want to remove comedy from Fox News?