╌>

Rank-And-File Republicans Reel Off Very Long List Of Reasons They Can't Vote For Trump | HuffPost

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  4 years ago  •  52 comments

By:   Lee Moran

Rank-And-File Republicans Reel Off Very Long List Of Reasons They Can't Vote For Trump | HuffPost

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Conservatives have 113 reasons for dumping Trump in Republican Voters Against Trump's new video. By Lee Moran09/11/2020 08:37 AM ET

These rank-and-file Republicans are well and truly done with President Donald Trump.

The group of conservatives list 113 damning reasons for not backing Trump over Democratic nominee Joe Biden this November in an 11-minute video that the Republican Voters Against Trump group released Thursday.

Their rationales range from the president's racist, sexist, Islamaphobic and divisive rhetoric to his alienation of U.S. allies, attacks on the military and cozy relationship with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Trump's catastrophic mishandling of the coronavirus pandemic is also a key explanation.

Given its length, the entire video is unlikely to appear on TV. It's unclear whether such political ads, which sometimes go viral on social media and receive millions of views, actually influence swing voters.

Republican Voters Against Trump is part of conservative commentator Bill Kristol's anti-Trump Defending Democracy Together advocacy organization and just one of a slew of groups on the right seeking to oust Trump from office.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    4 years ago

Republicans are lining up to vote Democratic Nov 3...

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1  Dulay  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

Is their goal to influence swing voters or other Republicans? 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Gsquared  replied to  Dulay @1.1    4 years ago

I would think that their goal is to influence every persuadable voter.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.2  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Gsquared @1.1.1    4 years ago

in order to actually to be of any influence , the opinions expressed would have to actually matter to those being influenced .

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.3  Dulay  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.2    4 years ago

I find it hard to believe that you couldn't find at least one opinion express in that video that mattered to you. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.4  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Dulay @1.1.3    4 years ago

you can believe whatever you want .

their opinions dont matter to me because they dont matter to me . i am not a follower of their political ideology.

much like your opinion , it doesnt matter to me either. so you have no influence.

see how that works ?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.5  Dulay  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.4    4 years ago
their opinions dont matter to me because they dont matter to me . i am not a follower of their political ideology.

Wow. That's a hell of a lot of Americans that don't matter to you Mark. I hope that you expect the same level of consideration from them in return. 

much like your opinion , it doesnt matter to me either. so you have no influence.  see how that works ?

Yes, I see how that works, do you? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.4    4 years ago

In other words facts dont matter to you. Many of the 113 reasons to not vote for Trump are entirely fact based.  Trump supporters dont care that there are over 100 good reasons to vote him out.  Normally that would be a daunting number to overcome, but Trumpsters only care that this fool stay in office, they dont care about facts.

It is really quite a damnation of a large part of this country that they have no standards of honor or decency which they require their candidate to live up to. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.7  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.6    4 years ago

John i pretty much already had all my picks for who i was voting for already made before labor day , from the local races , to the state legislature , to who i will be voting to send to DC as a house and senate representative ( hint , they are both women), , as for the presidential race , this will be the 11th one i have participated in , of the 10 past races , 5 people i voted for won , 5 did not .

As for the current 2 candidates , i definitely have already decided whom i can and will not vote for using as we discussed 4 years ago, my own personal set of criteria , no one elses , nor whatever they wish to try to use as influence . 

4 years ago i didnt vote for hillary , nor did i vote for trump. 

guess we will all have to wait and see wont we? hell i might vote for pedro this time round. in any event its no one business but my own how or whom i choose to vote for .

and if you dont like it , guess what? i dont care because your opinion after 10+ years now of knowing you , doesnt matter to me

you are of course welcome to believe what you want.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.8  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Dulay @1.1.5    4 years ago
Wow. That's a hell of a lot of Americans that don't matter to you Mark
Yes, I see how that works, do you? 
yup and they all equate to opinions and each and every one as unique and individual as the person that hold it , and we both know whats said about opinions , they are like assholes , everyones got one , some just stink more than others .
 of course i see and know how it works , what i state is my opinion , and people are free to use what i said above , and or totally disregard my opinion .
25 -30 years ago i use to vote dem occationally , what passes for the dem party today , there is not a chance i will vote for them . they changed that much yet remained so much the same from the past
and my personal preference hasnt .

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.9  Dulay  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.8    4 years ago
yup and they all equate to opinions and each and every one as unique and individual as the person that hold it

Opinions which don't matter to you because the individual person that holds it doesn't matter to you. Ya, I got that from you original reply. 

what i state is my opinion , and people are free to use what i said above , and or totally disregard my opinion .

I chose neither. I chose to highlight the animus it illustrates. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.10  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Dulay @1.1.9    4 years ago
I chose neither. I chose to highlight the animus it illustrates.

because you cannot deny my right to disregard that which i choose to , so you have no power over my choices , thats the animus illustrated, me making my own choices on whats important to ... ( wait for it)... ME , 

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.11  Ender  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.10    4 years ago

Actually I agree with you.

At this point in time the donald supporters are not going to change their mind and the ones looking at any opposition to him are not going to change their minds.

So that only leaves me with just SMH at some, locked in choices...

Imo no political bend should give someone cart blanche to bend and twist every norm.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.12  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Ender @1.1.11    4 years ago
So that only leaves me with just SMH at some, locked in choices...

I havent locked IN any choice on the presidential ballot , I HAVE locked out the dem candidates as untenable thus not being able to vote for that ticket for my own reasons .

I have voted 3rd party for the last 3 presidential ballots ,possability is still there i will do it this time as well even knowing they wont win..

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.13  Ender  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.12    4 years ago

I can only say, anyone that thinks Biden is untenable, then can even contemplate donald as being so...

Night and day.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.14  Dulay  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.10    4 years ago
because you cannot deny my right to disregard that which i choose to

Actually no Mark. You have every right to make choices based on inherent animus and I have no desire to deny you that or any right.

Calling out your motivation denies you NOTHING. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.15  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Ender @1.1.13    4 years ago

I can see how one could see it as that , especially if it were strictly only 2 people running for the same  office , and i do see there are a lot of people that think that certainly is the case . it isnt, not to me.

such as the 16 race , both candidates offered were as i used the word untenable to me  for different reasons, both different as night and day, just because one became unvotable to me did not automatically make the other one the beneficiary and guarenteed to get my vote

one could say because i didnt vote for one of the 2 actual runners in the race(one of the ones that would actually win) the other gained an advantage , my question would have to be so who won the advantage if i didnt vote for either of the?

I have made no secret that i have for a long time thought when it has come to candidates for office , most particularly the office of president , this country has pretty much been scraping the bottom of the barrel  in every direction. and i feel that the way i vote reflects to others those thoughts   others can disagree, it is only after all just an opinion..

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.16  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Dulay @1.1.14    4 years ago
You have every right to make choices based on inherent animus and I have no desire to deny you that or any right. Calling out your motivation denies you NOTHING. 

i dont think i show any more animus , than can be seen from any other member of the site  on an hourly basis. thing is only one person has ever in my entire time here ever stopped and asked how i have ever come to conclusions on different subjects , most just as is common just assume they have it all figured out.

Motivation . again , unless one asks , and no one has really ,  is usually based on assumption and their own preconceived notions.

but whatever floats ones boat , so they feel better .

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.17  Dulay  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.16    4 years ago
i dont think i show any more animus , than can be seen from any other member of the site  on an hourly basis. thing is only one person has ever in my entire time here ever stopped and asked how i have ever come to conclusions on different subjects , most just as is common just assume they have it all figured out.

Motivation . again , unless one asks , and no one has really ,  is usually based on assumption and their own preconceived notions.

but whatever floats ones boat , so they feel better .

That is one of the most hypocritical comments that I have ever read on this forum. 

You herald your right  to disregard that which YOU choose to, while decrying that other members have disregarded that which THEY choose to. 

I hope it doesn't surprise you that I really have no interest in what motivated you to decide that the vast majority of people don't matter to you.

You're not coming to a conclusion about 'different subjects', you're coming to conclusions about PEOPLE based on whether they agree with you or not. It's also hypocritical that you decry making conclusions based on assumption and preconceived notions after doing so yourself.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.18  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Dulay @1.1.17    4 years ago
You're not coming to a conclusion about 'different subjects', you're coming to conclusions about PEOPLE based on whether they agree with you or not

you have a mirror handy?  if so look in it and say hello to the guilty party of the accusation. your doing the same thing

you just came to the same conclusion , for the same reasons , making a personal judgement 

i can at least admit it . you fail to recognize it in yourself because i think  ( my opinion), it would not fit how you view , yourself .

I CAN seperate , a subject from the person its discussed with  my conclusion of the subject be it agreeable or not is not dependent on getting people to agree with me , my treatment of the person the subject is discussed with is entirely dependent on them  and the attitude they present , with that i bid you adue.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.19  Dulay  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.18    4 years ago
if so look in it and say hello to the guilty party of the accusation. your doing the same thing.

You've expressed and defended your baseless animus Mark. That is plenty of personal information for me to come to an informed conclusion. 

you just came to the same conclusion , for the same reasons , making a personal judgement 

That's false Mark.

Your animus [conclusion] is NOT based on anyone's actual expressed OPINION but on your preconceived notions of whether they agree your ideology. 

My conclusion is based on your actual expressed OPINION [animus] of those that do not agree with you.

Your inherent animus is the issue and I find it quite simple to make a personal judgement about that. 

A least i can at least admit it . you fail to recognize it in yourself because i think  ( my opinion), it would not fit how you view , yourself .

Nope. Save your projection.

People matter to me whether I agree with them or not and I disregard NO ONE. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.20  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Dulay @1.1.19    4 years ago

then it should please you to know i turned down a moderating position yesterday .

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.21  devangelical  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.20    4 years ago

... from which alt-right forum?

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.22  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  devangelical @1.1.21    4 years ago

here on NT

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.23  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.22    4 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.24  Dulay  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.23    4 years ago

Then in which alt right group? 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.25  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.23    4 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.26  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Dulay @1.1.24    4 years ago

[deleted]

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3  Ed-NavDoc    4 years ago

I have just as many reasons why I could never vote for Biden.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4  XXJefferson51    4 years ago

There are more Democrats for Trump than there are republicans for biden.  

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.1  Gsquared  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4    4 years ago

That comment is undoubtedly false.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.1.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Gsquared @4.1    4 years ago
That comment is undoubtedly false.

thats pretty sketchy 

so one is to believe this seed by reps , but not believe and  also consider that there is likely also some non partisan dems in the fold that are not as far left as the rest of the party , that cant vote for the party candidate , and for trump?

so whats this walk away thing ive been reading about ?

what would be debatable is the numbers I would think , and we wont find those out until the exit polls on election eve.

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Ender  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4.1.1    4 years ago

Any Dem that would vote for donald, might as well hand in their card now...

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Ender  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4.1.1    4 years ago

Word

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.1.4  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Ender @4.1.3    4 years ago

you mean like joe lieberman had to when he went against the party majority opinion ?

thing is i dont think it bothers people that do that , going against the party majority opinion, very much.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4    4 years ago
There are more Democrats for Trump than there are republicans for biden.  

There are more former Democrats for Trump than there are republicans for biden. The south is chock full of former Democrats. They've never changed their ideology, they're still stubborn conservative white Christians who revere and celebrate their confederate heritage, they just don't consider themselves conservative Democrats anymore. Now they consider themselves conservative Republicans and support the candidate that appeals to their xenophobia, homophobia and Islamophobia.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
4.3  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4    4 years ago
There are more Democrats for Trump than there are republicans for biden

they keep forgetting 7 million obama voters voted for trump.

perhaps that is too painful for them to think about.... LOL

but actually there are no democrats for trump....   they simply walk away from the dnc daily 

they have abandoned the democrat party for good

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    4 years ago

It's fine and I even agree with some of it. But every election is a binary choice and it's not enough to say things that are wrong with one candidate declare that the ultimate decision is obvious. You also have to acknowledge the things that are right and wrong with both candidates and weigh them against each other.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1  Ender  replied to  Tacos! @5    4 years ago

Uh huh. How bad is one when one says they have to weigh all the bad...

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Ender @5.1    4 years ago
How bad is one when one says they have to weigh all the bad...

I think they're probably just human. People seem to imagine that candidates should be some storybook version of George Washington. "Father, I cannot tell a lie!" That's just not going to happen. 

And we're never going to have a candidate we agree with on all issues or who talks or behaves the way we would 100% of the time. Every candidate is just chock full of negatives. We have to figure out which set of negatives we're willing to live with.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @5    4 years ago
You also have to acknowledge the things that are right and wrong with both candidates and weigh them against each other.

Biden is a centrist Democrat and always has been. The idea that he has "faults" equal to Trump , the human version of the Mt Everest of faults, is absurd. 

Gazoo
Junior Silent
5.2.1  Gazoo  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2    4 years ago

Keep going john, credit card companies appreciate your unbridled support of their legislative champion. but they are worried because as obama said, don’t underestimate hiden biden’s ability to fuck things up.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.2.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2    4 years ago
Biden is a centrist Democrat

that spent 47yrs selling our country out  supporting china and shit trade deals like nafta.

but now ol joe has it all figured out huh?   too funny :)

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.2.3  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2    4 years ago
The idea that he has "faults" equal to Trump

Would you acknowledge that he has faults at all? Have you looked at his earlier attempts to be president? I'm not talking about 2008. I mean 1988. He was exposed way back then as a pathological liar. I see no reason to think he's a different person.

In those days, the media was actually bothered by it. Now, it's like it never happened.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.2.4  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2    4 years ago

John, Biden has been in some sort of elected government office for close to 50 years. What has he done to make this country a better place? What is it he could do in the future that he could very well had done somewhere in the last 50 years, and why did he not do any of it?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2.5  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @5.2.4    4 years ago

Why dont you write an article about Biden if he bothers you.  This article is about 113 reasons Republicans gave for not voting for trump. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.2.7  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.5    4 years ago

Where did I say he bothered me. In contrary, he is the best thing that has happened to Republicans this election season. No other democratic candidate has given the republican the most African American and Hispanic vote like Biden has given Trump.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6  The Magic 8 Ball    4 years ago
Republican Voters Against Trump is part of conservative commentator Bill Kristol's

"rank and file conservatives" don't give a rats ass about what RHINO's ( neoconservatives ) think, say or do.

huffington post...  LOL