╌>

Don Jr. Seems To Say His Dad Doesn't Pay Income Tax, But It's Ok Because He Pays Other Taxes

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  38 comments

Don Jr. Seems To Say His Dad Doesn't Pay Income Tax, But It's Ok Because He Pays Other Taxes

Who knew that Donald Trump didn't have any skin in the game. 

One of the long lasting themes of the aggrieved white man is that the poor should have no say in what goes on because they don't pay income tax. I'd like to have a dollar for every time I've heard or seen that said it the past 20 years or so. I could buy a new 80" HD4 tv. 

The NYT revealed that they obtained 18 years of trump's tax returns and that he paid no income tax at all in 11 of those 18 years and in other years paid so little as to functionally be nothing. 

And now, his son Don Jr. seems to confirm that

https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status/1310558682208501761?s=20

In this clip from Fox News Don Jr. appears to be acknowledging that his father doesnt pay income tax, but thats ok because he pays property tax, payroll taxes, real estate taxes and "so many things that he's been paying taxes on forever". 

When the Trumpsters say the poor should have no say because they dont have the "skin in the game" of income tax , the defenders of the poor say "they do pay tax, they pay sales tax" and other taxes. 

Trump Jr. should spare us his outrage and maybe start looking for a real job. The jig is up. 

-

Trump claimed $70,000  in tax deductions for maintaining his hair style, and $100,000 for makeup and beauty treatment for Ivanka as "business expenses."  

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

We next need to see Don Jr's taxes.  He doth protest too much and like father like son. 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
1.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

Do you think he protests more than yourself? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Dean Moriarty @1.1    4 years ago

I have something to protest about. 

Eat The Press Do Not Read It
PhD Guide
1.1.2  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Dean Moriarty @1.1    4 years ago

This the GENIUS, Donald J. Trump, Junior, who came up with the Trump University SWINDLE that had to return $21 Million to students who enrolled in...(wait for it)...a FAKE UNIVERSITY!

A 4th generation CON MAN, what else can he do? Become a Televangelist Preacher?

PhD Guide
1.1.3  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    4 years ago

Indeed, Dean, the entire world of nations do have something to complain about:  Donald J. Trump and his CRIME FAMILY !

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2  Trout Giggles    4 years ago
Trump claimed $70,000  in tax deductions for maintaining his hair style, and $100,000 for makeup and beauty treatment for Ivanka as "business expenses." 

Damn! How can I do that?

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    4 years ago
Damn! How can I do that?

Let's give it a whirl, shall we?  I'll fly up and give you a glow-up that will drive Mr. Giggles wild.  I will only charge $10,000 plus expenses, so the entire visit will cost about $30,000.  You should probably know in advance that I have no training whatsoever, but the money we can sponge off the government should pay for any...repairs...you might need.

PhD Guide
2.1.1  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1    4 years ago

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom did you mean something else when you typed "glow-up," you naughty girl?

We could use you in Mildew, Ohio!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1    4 years ago

Do you think the bank will forgive my loan of $30k when I end up a hot mess?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1    4 years ago
@BankruptcyBoss
Q: You know who pays more in taxes than the #BrokeAssPresident ???
   Min. wage waiter
   Someone on Unemployment
   Obama
   Firefighters
   Nurses
   Teachers
   Nearly every MAGA Rally attendee!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.4  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.2    4 years ago

#BrokeAssPresident  is trending on Twitter this morning. 

Professor Guide
2.1.5  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @2.1.1    4 years ago

There is nothing naughty about a glow-up. 

PhD Guide
2.2  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    4 years ago

The Dog Park is a legitimate business expense if he built it. But, $70 Grand for grooming one's hair is "hair raising!"

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @2.2    4 years ago

What a horrible thing to do that poor doggo

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Team Trump is essentially admitting that Trump doesnt pay income tax (or very little) . Today one of his attorneys told reporters that he pays other taxes such as medicare taxes and payroll taxes. 

Very weak excuse. Actually no excuse. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago

please tell me how much you think Trump should pay beyond his legal obligations.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1    4 years ago

You do understand that Trump is currently being investigated by the district attorney of NYC for tax fraud, right? 

Donald trump is a lifelong crook. The chances that his tax returns were honest is virtually zero. 

He has been lucky so far that white collar crime is hardly prosecuted at all in the US.  But his luck may be running out. 

PhD Guide
3.1.3  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1    4 years ago

Texan1211, this may come as a "shocker" to you, but, submitting false information, overvaluing one's expense, and undervaluing one's income on one's Federal Income Form is a Felony.

So, like Al Capone, another famous CROOK, Trump should pay my resting his orange tukas in prison for the rest of his LIFE!800

Perhaps, Trump could take along his FINANCIAL BANKER!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    4 years ago

lots of words just to avoid answering what was asked.

some would call that deflecting.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @3.1.3    4 years ago

even the nyt didn't claim that.

you produce one iota of evidence, i will gladly look at it.

otherwise. it's all speculation and guesswork

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1.6  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1    4 years ago
please tell me how much you think Trump should pay beyond his legal obligations.

So if his $750 in income taxes is the extent of his "legal obligation" then the morons imagining Trump as some business mogul should concede that he's a loser considering that means he was losing money faster than he could make it for the last two decades.

"The Times said that if Donald Trump had done nothing but invest the money his father gave him in an index fund that tracks the S&P 500, he'd still be worth about $2 billion today."

After forty years since his daddy handed him nearly half a billion Trump's estimated worth is $2.5 billion. No wonder every real business man stayed away from him like the plague.

“The big problem with Donald Trump was he never went right. He basically overpaid for properties, but he got people to lend him the money. He was terrific at borrowing money. If you look at his assets, and what he paid for them, and what he borrowed to get them, there was never any real equity there. He owes, perhaps, $3.5 billion now, and, if you had to pick a figure as to the value of the assets, it might be more like $2.5 billion. He’s a billion in the hole , which is a lot better than being $100 in the hole because if you’re $100 in the hole, they come and take the TV set. If you’re a billion in the hole, they say ‘hang in there Donald.’" - Warren Buffett

That was in 1991 and if you look up Trumps estimated worth today it's still $2.5 billion. He's effectively made $0 in the last 30 years. What a great business man... /s

That's the guy who got millions of gullible rubes to invest in him in the last election, and now they are refusing to accept the fact that he screwed them, because to do so would be admitting they are gullible rubes.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1.6    4 years ago

that was certainly a long post just to avoid answering the questions asked!!

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1.8  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.7    4 years ago
that was certainly a long post just to avoid answering the questions asked!!

If you want the answer to your question, the answer is he should owe what he legally owes based on his actual income. If he really only owed $750 then he's not a very good business man. If he really owed more than that and didn't pay it then he's a tax cheat. Which do you honestly think he is? Bad business man or tax cheat?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1.8    4 years ago

I have seen no proof he is a tax cheat, despite multiple requests for tgat proof. 

so maybe he isn't good at business. 

no big deal to me, just tire if folks accusing him of cheating and not being able to prove it 

maybe the Democrats can impeach him for that!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @3.1.3    4 years ago

So just produce your proof and I will happily look at it.

You do have some ,right?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.11  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.10    4 years ago

So just produce your proof and I will happily look at it.

You do have some ,right?

You know Texan, for someone that NEVER provides evidence of your own claims, it might be considered hypocritical of you to demand it of anyone else.

As I've pointed out before .

Professor Guide
3.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago
payroll taxes

Didn't he just give himself (and his corporation-owning pallies) a huge break on payroll taxes?

PhD Guide
3.2.1  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.2    4 years ago

"The Donald" never loses a chance to SWINDLE MONEY out of anyone, even the government.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.2    4 years ago

ah-HA! That's why he wants to defer those taxes until the end of the year!

PhD Guide
3.3  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago

Trump is the ONLY president in the History of America that wears makeup!  Orange make-up, at that!
Perhaps, the "Grab them by the pussy," is a cover-up?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.4  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago
Team Trump is essentially admitting that Trump doesnt pay income tax (or very little) .

Isn't one of Trump's biggest complaints about illegal immigrants, that they don't pay income taxes?

PhD Guide
3.4.1  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Ozzwald @3.4    4 years ago

"BINGO!"

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago

Well, of course he pays medicare and payroll taxes...he gets a check from Uncle Sam. Everybody has to pay those taxes. He's not special

freepress
Freshman Silent
4  freepress    4 years ago

Yeah, like the overseas taxes they pay to other countries which is in the new report that has been released. If it's "fake news" then why doesn't Trump actually debunk all this by actually releasing his returns to the American people as he promised. Once he got into his campaign he lied and then said he would NOT release them because of an "audit". Looks like that audit was to examine his fraudulent practices.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

but that's ok because he pays property tax, payroll taxes, real estate taxes and "so many things that he's been paying taxes on forever

Uh no, that is not okay.  If you don't want to pay those taxes, then don't own businesses and have employees.  If you don't want to pay property taxes, then get rid of your golf courses, Mar A Lago, and Trump Tower.  My friend owns a Mom And Pop store and he has to pay those things.  If he didn't, he could end up where Trump should be....IN JAIL.

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
7  Account Deleted    4 years ago

Wait! Wait! Now I understand. 

Trump is one of Romney's 47%

....who believe that they are victims… people who pay no income tax.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago
NoelCaslerComedy
@CaslerNoel
Guys, take it easy on Trump, he was too busy hanging out with Jeffrey Epstein and trafficking teenage girls from Eastern Europe to pay taxes.
aTb693a1?format=jpg&name=small
Teen models, powerful men and private dinners: when Trump hosted Look of the Year
In the early 90s, Donald Trump judged contestants at the world’s biggest modelling competition - since hit by allegations of abuse. This is how the people who were there remember it
theguardian.com