╌>

It's Magic ! Joe Biden isnt senile anymore.

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  75 comments

It's Magic !  Joe Biden isnt senile anymore.
According to this theory when Biden got on a debate stage with Trump and took his beating Biden would melt into a puddle of befuddlement and inarticulate confusion. Gaffe machine.   Well, there was no gaffe machine , no fumbling , no incoherence, no lack of forcefulness, no senility and no inability to stand for two hours toe to toe with the mighty Trump. 

Deleted.  No callouts - sandy 

2009300315-President-Trump-Joe-Biden-Square-Off-In-First_hires.jpg

It has been an absolute staple of the right wing during this election that Joe Biden needs a drool cup hung around his neck and is incapable of a coherent thought unless he reads it off a teleprompter. According to this theory when Biden got on a debate stage with Trump and took his beating Biden would melt into a puddle of befuddlement and inarticulate confusion. Gaffe machine.   Well, there was no gaffe machine , no fumbling , no incoherence, no lack of forcefulness, no senility and no inability to stand for two hours toe to toe with the mighty Trump. 

The only question now is if the right will give up on the theme that Biden needs a wheelchair and a 24 hour nurse. 

The answer is they will not give it up. They are Trump supporters after all. The kings and queens of fake news. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Biden proved he is not "diminished" and Trump proved he is an irredeemable lunatic.   Good night. 

JBB
Professor Principal
2  JBB    4 years ago

Methuselah pounded Trump's lousy behind last nite!

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
3  Dean Moriarty    4 years ago

I have a feeling they had Biden pumped full of Adderall but it still looked to me like he was struggling the entire time.  At one point near the end he even said I can't remember and Wallace had to help him out. 

BIDEN: "The final question is, I can't remember which of all his rantings."

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3    4 years ago

lol.    You keep the Trump crowd thinking positive in the face of disaster. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3    4 years ago
Donald Trump Snorts Adderall
@TheFatRumpThat1
What, you thought all that stamina just came naturally?

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
3.2.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2    4 years ago

Trump requested that Biden take a drug test before the debate and said he would also take one, Biden refused. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3.2.1    4 years ago

Trump is not an honest person. He would either change his mind or misrepresent the test. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.2.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3.2.1    4 years ago
Trump requested that Biden take a drug test before the debate and said he would also take one, Biden refused. 

When the fuck have we ever asked our Presidential candidates to take a drug test before a debate? Such a thing is preposterous and only invented by desperate dumb shits scared of having their dear leader embarrassed, which he did all by himself last night.

The fact that Trump was so fucking unhinged and claims he WASN'T on drugs should be frightening to his supporters. What a complete shit show. There was only one person on that stage who acted like a normal human being capable of running the country and it certainly wasn't dishonest disruptive Donald. He acted like a petulant child so maybe Adderall would have helped him, but too late now.

I'm sure his white supremacist base was super excited though as they felt empowered by his refusal to condemn them. In fact many are expressing their pleasure with his call to arms for white supremacists and bigots across the nation, "Stand back and stand by!". What a disgusting display of pandering to the worst humans in America. I would much rather welcome in the millions of dreamers and even illegal immigrants than welcome the worthless piece of shit Nazi's, KKK members, Proud Boys, Boogaloo bois and other right wing extremist fascists who have infected parts of our country with their vile deplorable hate filled ideology. White supremacists should fuck off, patriotic Americans don't want them and don't need them. They are useless sniveling bigoted little pieces of trash that should be relegated to the trash bin of history, yet we have a President supporting them, empowering them and condoning their violent behavior.

CB
Professor Principal
3.2.4  CB  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.2.3    4 years ago

Say on!

DP, that question of condemning white supremacist and Proud boys was perfectly pitched to Donald Trump. Even so, Donald let it pass by with a 'note' attached to it:

"[Proud Boys] Stand back and stand by!"

Of course, dutifully other supremacists groups will pull something for themselves out of the comment! And then this: Trump pivoted to criticize ANTIFA demonstrating he was fully aware of the subject matter and his "deliverables" about it.

This answer can not be walked back, because it's 'Trump's Proud Boy Moment' for the duration of the election cycle.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2    4 years ago

I'm surprised he's still such a big fat greasy pig despite snorting Adderall (honestly, I think it's coke, classic symptom, the sniffing he does at other times).  A friend of mine, who has since committed suicide, had a serious addiction to cocaine (he would shoot it up), and speed/meth.  He had no appetite but he made himself eat or he would have wasted away to nothing.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.6  Tessylo  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3.2.1    4 years ago

trumpturd knew no drug testing would be done or else trumpturd would have tested positive for Adderall or cocaine.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.7  Tessylo  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3.2.1    4 years ago

trumpturd also requested an ear piece check be done, again, ridiculous.  If they had checked trumpturds' ear, they would have been able to see straight through to the other side.  

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.2.8  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3.2.1    4 years ago

Dean,

Who ever heard of taking drug test before a debate? I mean talk about grasping for straws. 

And even on Adderall, that won't help you if you have cognitive issues. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3  Tessylo  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3    4 years ago

trumpturd is the one with the problem with Adderall, but actually I think trumpturd sniffs coke, hence all the sniffing at other times, classic coke use symptom.   

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.4  Dulay  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3    4 years ago
The final question is, I can’t remember which of all his rantings [crosstalk 00:04:44].

Chris Wallace: I’m having a little trouble myself, but…

So is your posit that Chris Wallace was pumped full of Adderall too? 

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
4  Account Deleted    4 years ago

For sure Biden passed 2 questions on the cognitive test:

He correctly identified a clown and a puppy.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5  TᵢG    4 years ago

Biden did what he had to do.   Given the effect Trump's behavior had on Chris Wallace, I doubt anyone would rationally find that Biden was rattled or intimidated.   Given that rattling Biden into screwing up was Trump's game plan, I suspect the Trump camp is frustrated.   Trump came off like a junkyard dog (not a good look for a PotUS) while Biden remained presidential (with few exceptions).

End result, Trump's plan failed.  Biden's plan worked.   I suspect the needle has not moved, which is a net win for Biden.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1  JBB  replied to  TᵢG @5    4 years ago

Biden list points when he called Trump clown and told him to shut up although an argument could be made that Trump had already fouled out. Biden could have given dismissive sighs as effectively.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  JBB @5.1    4 years ago

I was expecting Biden to do worse than he did.   Given the extreme behavior of Trump, I think Biden behaved well.   I wish he had not told Trump to shut up, but so it goes.   Biden could have taken better advantage of Trump's misbehavior so that was an opportunity lost.   But, again, my main concern was that Biden not lose it.

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
5.1.2  Account Deleted  replied to  JBB @5.1    4 years ago
Biden could have given dismissive sighs as effectively.

For those undecided voters who want still want a "strong leader", not fighting back makes you look weak. Telling Trump to stuff it does not bother the base.

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.3  CB  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.1    4 years ago

I suspect that somewhere (I have not looked yet) on Youtube or conservative sites there is the usual discussion about "owning your opponent" occurring over the debate. Part of me thinks Donald went into this looking for soundbites, campaign images, and to "own" Joe. It backfired and this is what has gone viral:

Proud_Boys_Trump_logo-1.jpeg

(Pulled off the web. "Minimized.")

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6  Just Jim NC TttH    4 years ago

Favorite line from the debate...........

Trump to Wallace: "“First of all, I guess I'm debating younot him"

And that played out for everyone to see. 

PS I still think they need to shut off the mic of the person not being addressed. Both last night went off the rails.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6    4 years ago
Both last night went off the rails.

Trump was waaaaaay over the top.   No comparison in demeanor with Biden.  

Trump to Wallace: "“First of all, I guess I'm debating younot him"

He said that because Wallace was trying to moderate the debate with an out-of-control Trump.   You did not see that??

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  TᵢG @6.1    4 years ago

Mr Giggles told me that at one point Wallace told trmp that Biden has 2 minutes to speak and to let him speak and not interrupt. At that, trmp said "Why don't you say that to him? He's doing it, too!"

Mr Giggles described it as such....a five year old petulant child who is in trouble with Mom but wants to make sure his sibling gets hell, too

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  TᵢG @6.1    4 years ago

Wallace was trying to help Biden as much as possible

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.3  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @6.1.2    4 years ago

I saw it very differently.   I saw Trump ignoring protocol and decorum and the moderator trying to bring order back to the debate.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  TᵢG @6.1    4 years ago
You did not see that??

They will never see what they don't want to see. Trump fans were cheering on the bully tactics, deplorables love that kind of shit. Rational sane Americans were appalled, his base of Nazi's and bigots felt empowered.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1.1    4 years ago

Yup, I heard that, loud and clear.  Joe Biden's two minutes wasn't up, and trumpturd interrupted him.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.6  Dulay  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.3    4 years ago

CPD Statement

September 30, 2020

The Commission on Presidential Debates sponsors televised debates for the benefit of the American electorate. Last night’s debate made clear that additional structure should be added to the format of the remaining debates to ensure a more orderly discussion of the issues.  The CPD will be carefully considering the changes that it will adopt and will announce those measures shortly.  The Commission is grateful to Chris Wallace for the professionalism and skill he brought to last night’s debate and intends to ensure that additional tools to maintain order are in place for the remaining debates.

I wonder if they are considering a ball gag? 

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.7  CB  replied to  Dulay @6.1.6    4 years ago

For a FOX News host, Chris Wallace, is a straightshooter. Donald Trump he threw one of his less that gracious slights at him last night. It is not any moderator's fault when the leader of the free world chooses to act like a bum. I am grateful to Chris Wallace, because he did not let a fellow republican trample all over him. He did the best he could under the circumstances. I respect that.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.8  TᵢG  replied to  CB @6.1.7    4 years ago

I think Wallace is a D, but no matter;  Wallace is one of the more objective anchors out there regardless of party affiliation.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.9  CB  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.8    4 years ago

Okay, I could be wrong on the party affiliation. Going with the network he works for (its party preference). I do know that his father, Mike Wallace, is his example of journalistic excellence. Thank you for sharing.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6    4 years ago

Trump made his points, and he had Biden on the defensive all night

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @6.2    4 years ago

lol.   When you scream lies at someone for an hour and 40 minutes they probably will get defensive. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @6.2    4 years ago
"Trump made his points, and he had Biden on the defensive all night"

Nope, all trumpturd did was lie, the whole time.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Greg Jones @6.2    4 years ago

How do you feel about your president not sticking to the rules? He ignored decorum*, protocol*, and just about every debate rule there is? Or are rules only for "suckers and losers" these days?

*h/t TiG

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6    4 years ago

Joe Biden did not go off the rails. His replies that Trump was a liar, a clown , and telling trump to "shut up" , were totally appropriate given Trump's unhinged performance in the debate. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
6.3.1  Raven Wing  replied to  JohnRussell @6.3    4 years ago
Joe Biden did not go off the rails.

Indeed, Joe never got off the rails. In fact his train had a hard time even leaving the station for Trump's childish and highly inappropriate behavior. If that is the best Trump can do, he does not deserve to demand any more debates

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
7  Bob Nelson    4 years ago

Biden realized immediately that Trump would allow no debate. From then on, he addressed himself more to the camera than to Trump.

Hardly senile. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8  Tacos!    4 years ago

I couldn't watch more than about 20 or 25 minutes. The childish bickering back and forth wastes the nation's time. I have the rest recorded, thinking I might watch the balance of it later, but if the rest of it is the same as the first half hour, I don't see the point.

At least Biden managed to look like he wasn't struggling to stay out of a coma for a while.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1  TᵢG  replied to  Tacos! @8    4 years ago

Largely a waste to watch it unless you would find bad behavior entertaining.

IMO, the net is that Trump behaved like a junkyard dog.   He ignored the moderator, the decorum and the rules and constantly talked over both Biden and Wallace and continually interrupted Biden.   This did not rattle Biden, but Biden did make some snarky comments and at one time told Trump to shut up.

Not a presidential debate.   Not even a good high-school debate.   Pretty pathetic display for the world to see.

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.1  CB  replied to  TᵢG @8.1    4 years ago
Biden did make some snarky comments and at one time told Trump to shut up.

It was out of utter exasperation. I mean nothing was permitted space to be delivered with haranguing. It is a 'rider' tactic Trump used on Hillary in 2016 too! In several protracted scenes we can see Joe turning to the moderator to reign in the debater, but Wallace was trying to give more latitude to keep it interesting. However, Trump misread (or didn't read it at all) it as go with more abuse. It deteriorated from there. What can you do when you are speaking and somebody won't "shut up" and you can't walk away? Solution: You keep talking too. A no-win situation.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  CB @8.1.1    4 years ago

Yeah, I am surprised that Wallace and Biden remained as calm as they did.   Frankly, I do not see how this debate could have been moderated given how outrageous Trump was.   The only thing that could have stopped him was to shut off his mic.   Then, I wonder if he would have walked over to Biden's mic to  continue.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
8.1.3  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  TᵢG @8.1    4 years ago

Embarrassing all around.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.1.4  Tacos!  replied to  TᵢG @8.1    4 years ago
This did not rattle Biden, but Biden did make some snarky comments and at one time told Trump to shut up.

I am disappointed that both in 2016 and now in 2020, the people debating Trump have sunk to his level. Maybe not as fully as Trump, but they definitely behave in ways they probably wouldn't with other opponents.

I remember in 2016 when Marco Rubio tried to get in the mud with Trump. I think that effectively ended Rubio's campaign. 

Last night, Biden did it, too - calling him a clown and telling him to shut up. I don't want my president behaving the way Trump behaves but I also don't like the way Biden is so easily baited.

Trump isn't even the only one who drives Biden into the mud. Look at how many times Biden has gotten into pissing contests with ordinary citizens he meets on the campaign trail, calling them names or challenging them to a physical fight (or just pushups). He's a bully just like Trump. He's maybe a little more polished the rest of the time, but he's still a dick when challenged.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.1.5  Tacos!  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.2    4 years ago
The only thing that could have stopped him was to shut off his mic.

I would love to see that - for both of them. Whose idiotic idea was it to intentionally include the free debate portion where they just go back and forth? Even with different candidates, how does that educate the public? Isn't educating the public supposed to be the point of this?

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.6  CB  replied to  Tacos! @8.1.4    4 years ago

When you enter a locked room with a predator prepare to ball up your fist and strike back, that is, if you plan to sleep there later. (Chuckles.)

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.7  CB  replied to  Tacos! @8.1.5    4 years ago

These debates have always deteriorated as illustrated by candidates, plural, jockeying to be heard over sheer numbers of others. However, this was one on one. There was no need for this form of display. I think I can get away with saying that Donald Trump is not accustomed to being calm and collected when he really wants to attack someone. Thus, he, being the less experienced of the two, did what he last did in 2016 attempted to piggyback Joe's responses too. However, Joe called him out on it.

That is my honest assessment of the interactions as I saw it.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.1.8  Tacos!  replied to  CB @8.1.7    4 years ago
Donald Trump is not accustomed to being calm and collected when he really wants to attack someone

He has spent his life being the boss. Debates are just about the only setting where he isn't supposed to have control over when he talks or what he talks about. It might not be fair to expect otherwise, but it makes him look like an ass when he's debating.

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.9  CB  replied to  Tacos! @8.1.8    4 years ago

This is one of the problems with 'strongmen' they don't abide by the rules. On the otherhand, Joe has spent his life honing his trade and he adores his line of work with its rules and regs. There is a reason why professions are labeled as they are. That is, being a politician implies one who makes his or her living in service of public interests and not driving their will onto others. Trump has engaged in open political warfare with any 'taker' whether they wanted to fight or not!

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.1.10  Dulay  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.2    4 years ago

Don't forget that Trump loves to scream. He conducts 'press availabilities' on the WH lawn with a helicopter engine in the background. He forces the press to scream their questions and he screams back. How far would they have to 'socially distance' to keep Trump from being heard over Biden's mic?  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.11  TᵢG  replied to  Tacos! @8.1.4    4 years ago
I think that effectively ended Rubio's campaign. 

That was my conclusion too.   I could not believe he went to the small hands nonsense.   Rubio wanted to be PotUS and engaged in that level of juvenile behavior.  Cannot imagine what was going through his mind.

Last night, Biden did it, too - calling him a clown and telling him to shut up.

Not in the same league as Rubio's comment but he should not have gone there.

Look at how many times Biden has gotten into pissing contests with ordinary citizens he meets on the campaign trail, calling them names or challenging them to a physical fight (or just pushups).

I agree there too, that is simply not the way to behave.   Nowhere close to the level of Trump, but not what I want to ever see in a PotUS.  

Looking to 2024 with (possibly foolish) optimism.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.12  TᵢG  replied to  Dulay @8.1.10    4 years ago

Well then my next engineering solution is the cone of silence.   When Trump does not stop, a plexiglass cylinder lowers from the stage and encloses him.

Or maybe just have both candidates in their own sound rooms with mics.  

What I would like to see is Dulay as designated sergeant at arms physically walking up to the offending candidate and fixing the situation.

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.1.13  Dulay  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.12    4 years ago

I like the dual sound proof booth idea. 

Trump will be frothing at the mouth while Biden is talking and Biden will be taking notes while Trump is talking. 

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.14  CB  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.11    4 years ago

I have been of the sad opinion that the American people are looking for some 'mythical' character to come save the republic for them, while they sacrifice little or nothing of themselves to help. Our candidates 'stockpile' is falling, because of 'merican intransigence. We chew on these people like bones, mashing them to particle bits, and then spit them out as unworthy or 'barely sufficient.' As if any good candidate, and good and strong candidate, can survive the 'crush.'

I have a running joke to myself that we seem to want a 'barking dog' president with muzzle and grizzle to lead us, because may be then we can be content that it is not a human?

Let me be clear, Donald is near the bottom of human leadership standards as he is untrainable, nevertheless.

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.15  CB  replied to  Dulay @8.1.13    4 years ago

What a model for the kids. Adults needing sound proof booths ("time-out.") World leaders around the globe would laugh us to shame!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
8.1.16  Raven Wing  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.12    4 years ago
Or maybe just have both candidates in their own sound rooms with mic

Yes, I agree with this. It will be easier for the moderator to control the debate, and their mics can be turned off when it is the other person's time to speak. The mics are controlled from outside so they can't turn their mics back on when they please to continue to interrupt the other person't time to speak.

That would be the best answer to this current situation, as Trump will not voluntarily allow Biden to talk when it is his turn.

If they won't agree with the booth participation, then there is no need for anymore debates, as it is sure to be another delibreate Trump fiasco.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.17  TᵢG  replied to  Raven Wing @8.1.16    4 years ago

I think it would work, but I was kidding.   The optics would be horrible.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
8.1.18  Raven Wing  replied to  Dulay @8.1.10    4 years ago
'socially distance' to keep Trump from being heard over Biden's mic?  

IF the booth is truly sound proof, there would be no problem, as Trump could scream his lungs out and no one would hear him. And while Biden is speaking, the camera needs to be on Biden so that Trump can't disrupt by making nasty and ugly faces while Biden speaks. And vise-versa

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
8.1.19  Raven Wing  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.17    4 years ago
The optics would be horrible.

Kidding or not, it depends on how badly they want the debates. If there is no other way to control the debates than to silence them both while the other speaks, then there is no need for any further debates, which sounds like what Trump was hoping for with his endless wild beast tirade.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.20  TᵢG  replied to  Raven Wing @8.1.19    4 years ago

I think Trump desperately wants more debates.   He was unable to knock Biden off his game and I am sure that was his entire debate strategy.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
8.1.21  Bob Nelson  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.17    4 years ago
The optics would be horrible.

It would look like at least one of the candidates for the Presidency cannot be trusted to behave. 

...  which is the case... 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.22  TᵢG  replied to  Bob Nelson @8.1.21    4 years ago

Yes, it is the case.   I presume you understand my concern for the worldwide optics.   We probably should not make it worse than it already is.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
8.1.23  Bob Nelson  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.22    4 years ago

I'll seed an article about foreign reactions, later today. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
8.1.24  Raven Wing  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.20    4 years ago
I think Trump desperately wants more debates. 

I am sure he does too. His speech and body language in the first debate gave the impression that he was desperate to win and devolved into panic mode. I am sure that he realizes that he did himself no favor with his overbearing tiraade, as the backlash has been long and loud from areas of kinds, even some of his own party.

He wanted to be praised for his shut-out of Biden, but, to his chagrin he was heavily criticized and he can't take that kind of heat. There should be some very heavy thought given to any further debates if they are going to be in the same manner as the first one. The highly embarrassing position he put America and our people in in front of the entire world should not be allowed to happen again. 

It was hard for Biden to act very Presidential with the Trump was acting, but, at least Biden tried to be as best he could under the circumstances. But, even he found it hard to do when he was unable to have equal time for his own words.

Unless they can find a was to assure that Trump can be properly controlled during the debate, then there should be no more.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
8.1.25  Raven Wing  replied to  Bob Nelson @8.1.21    4 years ago
which is the case... 

Yes it is...and it is not like the world does not know, even before the debates, that Trump is a loose cannon with a short fuse and cannot be trusted to keep his word on anything. He wants to do just as he pleases and skrew everyone else. Biden can easily discuss his views and plans at his rallies and interviews where he can have the time he deserves to let the American people, and the world, know his side. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
8.1.26  Raven Wing  replied to  TᵢG @8.1    4 years ago
Pretty pathetic display for the world to see.

Agree. But, one thing it did do well, was show the world what kind of total A-hole he is, and that he holds no respect for America, its people, or our democracy. 'Fair' is a word that holds no value for Trump, nor is it a word that can be found in his vocabulary unless he is on the receiving end. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
8.1.27  Bob Nelson  replied to  Raven Wing @8.1.24    4 years ago
Unless they can find a was to assure that Trump can be properly controlled during the debate, then there should be no more.

Exactly. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
8.1.28  Bob Nelson  replied to  Raven Wing @8.1.25    4 years ago
 it is not like the world does not know

Until the debate, most foreigners knew of Trump's character only through short video cuts, or the press. They never get the life-size garbage shows Trump serves to his fellow Americans.

So the debate was an horrifying eye-opener. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
8.1.29  Raven Wing  replied to  Bob Nelson @8.1.28    4 years ago

There are a lot of countries that do have access to the American news, and one does not have to see a trove of  person's actions to be able to recognize that the person is not of a stable mind. And seeing how Trump has treated the dignitaries of other countries with little or no respect, and criticized them as Sh*t holes and such, how much more do they need to see to know what kind of person Trump is?  He was just in a much more spaced out state during the debate. 

I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall when Trump heard that Biden had been nominated for a Nobel Peace prize as well. I am sure that did not sit well with Trump.

I am sure that Trump is livid that Biden got the nomination, and that set him off as well.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
8.1.30  Bob Nelson  replied to  Raven Wing @8.1.29    4 years ago

The average French(wo)man has access to 24-hour news... in French. 

She spends her time following French news (which is pretty awful, too, but without a Trump equivalent). She gets a few occasional blurbs of American news... but nowhere near enough to get a feel for the man. 

Then comes the debate! It is shown uncut, with simultaneous translators shouting over each other. That's a very bad image for America. 

Then come the autopsies - hour-long analyses by genuine experts on American politics. These give a more nuanced overall image, because they recognize Biden's (relative) restraint. But Trump goes through a meat-grinder.

I suspect that things are similar, throughout the world. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.1.31  Dulay  replied to  Raven Wing @8.1.18    4 years ago

I disagree Raven. If we can't see Trump screaming in his bubble, you're taking the fun out of it...

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.1.32  Dulay  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.20    4 years ago

In the bubble that Trump exists in, they're probably praising him for his 'winning' strategy. Depending what the PDC does to curb the interruptions, Trump will have to change that 'winning' strategy. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
9  Raven Wing    4 years ago

[deleted]

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
9.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Raven Wing @9    4 years ago

Thank you . I wanted to delete it myself but ran out of time.  jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif