╌>

Conservative Fluffer Peggy Noonan Makes A Fool Out Of Herself By Criticizing Kamala Harris Dancing

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  14 comments

Conservative Fluffer Peggy Noonan Makes A Fool Out Of Herself By Criticizing Kamala Harris Dancing

Peggy Noonan, once upon a time speech writer for Ronald Reagan , has spent most of the ensuing thirty some years writing innocuous pro conservative newspaper columns , mainly for the Wall St Journal . She also shows up here and there on television as a sort of apologist and explainer for mainstream Republicanism. The current bottom line on her, ----- she has been much more tolerant of Trump and his offenses against facts and decency than any intelligent person should be. It is hard for her to simply say these Republicans in power are either Trump supporters or Trump enablers and either one is bad for the country and need to lose. 

The "final straw" for me with Peggy Noonan is that she recently chose to criticize Kamala Harris for being frivolous. 

For her part, vice presidential nominee Kamala Harris is, when on the trail, giddy. She's dancing with drum lines and beginning rallies with "Wassup, Florida!" She's throwing her head back and laughing a loud laugh, especially when nobody said anything funny. She's the younger candidate going for the younger vote, and she's going for a Happy Warrior vibe, but she's coming across as insubstantial, frivolous. When she started to dance in the rain onstage, in Jacksonville, Fla., to Mary J. Blige's "Work That," it was embarrassing.

Apparently you're not allowed to say these things because she's a woman, and she's doubling down on giddy because you're not allowed to say them. I, however, take Ms. Blige's advice to heart: I will not sweat it, I will be myself. Kamala Harris is running for vice president of the United States in an era of heightened and unending crisis. The world, which doubts our strength, our character and our class, is watching. If you can't imitate gravity, could you at least try for seriousness?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-good-debate-and-its-not-quite-over-11603426466

I don't think she attacked Donald Trump for trying to dance to the Village People. 

Harris danced in the rain , so she is frivolous. 

Peggy Noonan was never worried much about the absurd, ridiculous, lock her up chant, or Trump calling a rallygoer "my African American"  or him playing the song Funeral For A Friend at rallies where he talks about Covid-19. Or for that matter , she wasnt worried about Trump's fat white man dancing, but she's worried about Kamala Harris' lack of seriousness?  

For most of America, and certainly for the below 50 set, Peggy Noonan is a nobody, a washed up old warhorse of conservative ideology. You'd think she'd be eager to associate her thoughts with a younger way of acting. 

Nope. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

It takes a lot of nerve and poor judgement to call anyone running against Donald Trump "embarrassing". 

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     4 years ago

Trump can't dance a lick. LMAO when he tries he is an embarrassment.

Kamala on the other hand can dance and there isn't a damn thing wrong with her dancing and enjoying herself. Trump should try wiping that ugly look off his face and enjoy life. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3  bbl-1    4 years ago

No biggie.  Peggy Noonan is an expert at being a fool.  She's got decades of that under her belt.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  Tessylo    4 years ago

tenor.gif?itemid=18844041

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1  Kavika   replied to  Tessylo @4    4 years ago

Trump looks like a beached whale trying to get back in the water...jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
4.2  SteevieGee  replied to  Tessylo @4    4 years ago

I doubt that Trump knows what the song ymca is about.  In the 70s the ymca in San Francisco was famous for being a gay hookup place where gay men would go and have casual and anonymous sex with other men.  That's what the Village People were singing about.  Now suddenly the lyrics make sense.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
5  MonsterMash    4 years ago

She's throwing her head back and laughing a loud laugh, especially when nobody said anything funny.

That's what stoned people do

CB
Professor Principal
5.1  CB  replied to  MonsterMash @5    4 years ago

You're kidding right? A woman has to qualify her "joy" with some conservatives too?

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
5.1.1  MonsterMash  replied to  CB @5.1    4 years ago

She's a pothead always giggling like a stoner

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.2  CB  replied to  MonsterMash @5.1.1    4 years ago

Put that away now! And no one will know about it!

CB
Professor Principal
6  CB    4 years ago

Donald Trump is a native New Yorker. He hanged out in Studio 54 with the "beautiful and fierce ones" in the fashion center of 'merica. No doubt, had he wanted to see the Village People live he certainly would have been let in. Who knows he probably did see their performances or go back stage. BTW, Roy Cohn, Trump's well-touted lawyer of his youth, was in life homosexual. Clearly, YMCA, like In The Navy, both songs wear their double entendre classically well!

Gsquared
Professor Principal
7  Gsquared    4 years ago

Peggy Noonan makes a fool out of herself almost every time she opens her mouth.  It must be embarrassing.