Texas Trump supporters say they're ready to take up arms the minute the president gives the order

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  2 weeks ago  •  51 comments

By:   Brad Reed

Texas Trump supporters say they're ready to take up arms the minute the president gives the order
Some supporters of President Donald Trump in Texas say they're willing to take up arms against the American government the minute that Trump gives them the order. In an interview with Reuters, Texas-based chiropractor Brett Fryar says he has joined a militia group called the South Plains Patriots who are conducting firearms training sessions in […]

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Brad ReedArmed-militia-man-Shutterstock.png

********************************************************************************************************************************

Some supporters of President Donald Trump in Texas say they're willing to take up arms against the American government the minute that Trump gives them the order.

In an interview with Reuters , Texas-based chiropractor Brett Fryar says he has joined a militia group called the South Plains Patriots who are conducting firearms training sessions in case they need to stage an armed revolt against the American government.

"If President Trump comes out and says: 'Guys, I have irrefutable proof of fraud, the courts won't listen, and I'm now calling on Americans to take up arms,' we would go," he explained.

In total, Reuters interviewed 50 different Trump supporters across the country and found that all of them believe that President-elect Joe Biden had stolen the election from Trump.

What's more, only 20 expressed a willingness to accept that Biden had won, but only if presented with evidence that no fraud had occurred.

Janet Hedrick, a 70-year-old Trump supporter from West Virginia, told Reuters that she believes all of the president's debunked conspiracy theories about the election being stolen.

"There's millions and millions of Trump votes that were just thrown out," she said. "That computer was throwing them out."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
[]

JohnRussell
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 weeks ago
Janet Hedrick, a 70-year-old Trump supporter from West Virginia, told Reuters  that she believes all of the president's debunked conspiracy theories about the election being stolen. "There's millions and millions of Trump votes that were just thrown out," she said. "That computer was throwing them out."

Too many people protect the tender feelings of those like Janet Hedrick. The result has been an utter disaster for this country. 

JohnRussell
2  seeder  JohnRussell    2 weeks ago
"If President Trump comes out and says: 'Guys, I have irrefutable proof of fraud, the courts won't listen, and I'm now calling on Americans to take up arms,' we would go," he explained.

In total, Reuters interviewed 50 different Trump supporters across the country and found that all of them believe that President-elect Joe Biden had stolen the election from Trump.

Trump is a known pathological liar, and yet Reuters says 50 out of 50 Trump supporters believe him when he says the election was stolen from him.

And yet some of you say we need to try harder to sympathize with Trump supporters. You are the ones who need to change . 

Trout Giggles
2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 weeks ago

If trmp were to actually say those words, he could be charged with inciting insurrection, couldn't he?

devangelical
2.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1    2 weeks ago

too much red tape. medal of freedom to the federal agent that turns out the lights defending the constitution.

Kavika
3  Kavika     2 weeks ago

They call themselves ''Patriots'' when in reality they are treasonous POS.

Bob Nelson
4  Bob Nelson    2 weeks ago

A call to arms, "I'm now calling on Americans to take up arms", would be treason. Without a doubt.

The question is, how many Americans would give a shit?

MUVA
4.1  MUVA  replied to  Bob Nelson @4    2 weeks ago

Probably enough to kill more people than you would  think  but not enough to actually do anything besides ruin lives.Just so you know unless there is clear proof that I haven't seen yet I would fight against any insurrection in this country.Saying that if the left (democrats) starts trying to punish their political opponents with help of strong hand of the  government I will fight against that. 

Bob Nelson
4.1.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  MUVA @4.1    2 weeks ago
Saying that if the left (democrats) starts trying to punish their political opponents with help of strong hand of the  government I will fight against that.

I have seen clear cases of the Trump Administration using LEOs illegitimately (remember the Portland "kidnappings"?). I have not even heard any lefty express the idea of using LEOs in that way.

Misusing law enforcement is typical of fascist regimes (like Trump would like to install). It is not typical of democratic regimes.

Trout Giggles
4.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  MUVA @4.1    2 weeks ago

I don't see anybody on the left "punishing" political opponents. Trying to get them out of office? Yes, but the kind of punishment that I think you're talking about won't happen

Bob Nelson
4.1.3  Bob Nelson  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.2    2 weeks ago

The thing is, Trout... that many members of the Trump Administration, including undoubtedly Donald himself, have committed crimes. They have broken the law.

It would be a terrible precedent to allow them to escape the consequences.

Ronin2
4.1.4  Ronin2  replied to  Bob Nelson @4.1.1    2 weeks ago

More BS- there were no kidnappings in Portland. Those were federal officers sent to protect Federal building from leftist Brown Shirt (Antifa and BLM) violence.

No one was kidnapped and no one was held illegally.

The amount of disinformation the left continues to spew is staggering.

Ronin2
4.1.5  Ronin2  replied to  Ronin2 @4.1.4    2 weeks ago

If the fucking Democratic mighty mental midget mayor and governor had done their damn jobs, instead of coddling Antifa and BLM- then there never would have been a reason to send in Federal officers in the first place.

Republican Senators had better block any federal funding to repair damage caused by the leftist brown shirts in the Democratic bastions of stupidity in which they reside. Let them live in their own squalor. 

Bob Nelson
4.1.6  Bob Nelson  replied to  Ronin2 @4.1.4    2 weeks ago

You really would profit from spending even a few minutes outside the Fox Bubble.

FLYNAVY1
4.1.7  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Bob Nelson @4.1.6    2 weeks ago

I don't even think it's Fox anymore.... I'm betting a constant diet of Newsmax and Breitbart is what most of these people are swallowing.

Trout Giggles
4.1.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1.7    2 weeks ago

Yeah...the alt right are turning away from Fox News these days

Bob Nelson
4.1.9  Bob Nelson  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1.7    2 weeks ago
I don't even think it's Fox anymore.... I'm betting a constant diet of Newsmax and Breitbart is what most of these people are swallowing.

God... I feel old, sometimes...

lady in black
4.1.10  lady in black  replied to  Bob Nelson @4.1.9    2 weeks ago

Also OAN network...for shits and giggles go on free republic sometimes in see the bullshit articles they post and believe, I just laugh reading comments on some of their articles.  Oh and don't forget Q, too.  

Bob Nelson
4.1.11  Bob Nelson  replied to  lady in black @4.1.10    2 weeks ago

I remember pride, watching the USSR go down in flames.

Now I imagine some Chinese kid, feeling the same thing.

FLYNAVY1
4.1.12  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Bob Nelson @4.1.11    2 weeks ago

I've got the same feeling too Bob.

We're at a time where fake things like the WWF is mainstream, the vulgarity of Ultimate Fighting is now accepted, reality shows outnumber documentaries, and facts that come from science are dismissed like foot fungus.

All at the same time where one of the pillars of virtue that America has stood for in the world, that being the democracy that comes from the acceptance of free and fair elections is targeted like some carnival target shoot. 

It is going to take years to undo the damage from Trump's ascendance to the WH..... if it can be undone at all.  One of the most immoral individuals, the total antithesis of what America has stood for is now embraced by nearly half of the electorate.  Worse, those in power in the GOP that could turn it around are more than happy to stay on the sidelines to ensure their political power, their oath to the people and the constitution be damned.    

Bob Nelson
4.1.13  Bob Nelson  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1.12    2 weeks ago

Good post. 

Depressing. 

MUVA
4.1.14  MUVA  replied to  Bob Nelson @4.1.1    2 weeks ago

(If)remember read the whole post.thank you in advance 

CB
4.1.16  CB   replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1.12    2 weeks ago

We can: Make Like Donald Trump Was Never Here Again.

Donald — Who?

devangelical
5  devangelical    2 weeks ago

in light of current events, it would be my constitutional honor and privilege to help improve the drainage of some seditious goobers that stop being americans the moment they take up arms against us. they get the first move.

Ender
5.1  Ender  replied to  devangelical @5    2 weeks ago

I bet they would start to complain about their own stand your ground laws...

Ender
6  Ender    2 weeks ago

There are some sick puppies in this country.

I just find myself saying more and more...what the actual fuck.

A known liar, a known cheat, a known conman, a known swindler, a known adulterer, a known failure, a known asshole, a known bully, a known piece of human garbage...

Yet this is the person they give undying devotion to.

Says a lot about their character when this is the kind of person they hold in high esteem.

devangelical
6.1  devangelical  replied to  Ender @6    2 weeks ago

"he's not a democrat" is the rationale they adhere to, fuck the country, party first. thank god they only represent about 20% of the US population.

Bob Nelson
6.2  Bob Nelson  replied to  Ender @6    2 weeks ago
A known liar, a known cheat, a known conman, a known swindler, a known adulterer, a known failure, a known asshole, a known bully, a known piece of human garbage... Yet this is the person they give undying devotion to.

Of course.

He is their god.

Trumpworld is not a political movement. It is a religion.

lady in black
7  lady in black    2 weeks ago

This is disgusting.  Sad to see what America has become, where people believe lies and bullshit that NO ONE is yet to prove.  I can go on youtube and put out the most outlandish bullshit with faked videos and people would believe.  How in the hell did people get so gullible?

CB
8  CB     2 weeks ago

These 'yahoos' must consider that they have already been put on the authorities lists. The authorities know how to do their job. Also, Donald is ridiculous, but he is ridiculously in love with owning stuff and not sitting in a  prison cell for the duration. South Plains Patriots, eh? Yeah, they're going/on the list!

Gsquared
9  Gsquared    2 weeks ago

As we all know, there are two major political parties in the U.S.  There is the Democratic Party, which is the oldest voter-based political party in the world and the oldest existing political party in the United States.  The other party is the Anti-democratic Party (as in anti-democracy), formerly known as the Republican Party.  There are still "Democrats", but there are no longer "Republicans".  From this time on they shall be known as "Anti-democrats" or "Antis" for short.

devangelical
9.1  devangelical  replied to  Gsquared @9    2 weeks ago

the most applicable 4 letter words are taken ...

Trout Giggles
9.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @9.1    2 weeks ago

Which ones?

t..w..a..t..?

devangelical
9.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.1    2 weeks ago

The Worthless Asshole Trumpsters?

Gsquared
9.1.3  Gsquared  replied to  devangelical @9.1.2    2 weeks ago

Great TG and dev!  Very creative and, of course, wholly appropriate.

Trout Giggles
9.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @9.1.2    2 weeks ago

YES!!!!

Dulay
9.2  Dulay  replied to  Gsquared @9    2 weeks ago

Undemocratic is easier and doesn't require the hyphen. 

The Undemocratic party. 

Gsquared
9.2.1  Gsquared  replied to  Dulay @9.2    2 weeks ago
The Undemocratic Party

I think that is great, Dulay.  What about their nickname?  "Pinheads" was one excellent suggestion.  (Thanks TG)

Trout Giggles
9.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Gsquared @9.2.1    2 weeks ago

jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
9.2.3  Dulay  replied to  Gsquared @9.2.1    2 weeks ago

GUPPYS

Galactically Undemocratic Party of Putzes and Yutzes

Kavika
9.2.4  Kavika   replied to  Dulay @9.2    2 weeks ago

I like the ''Shitshow Party''

Gsquared
9.2.5  Gsquared  replied to  Dulay @9.2.3    2 weeks ago
GUPPYS

That's also a good suggestion.

Kavika
9.2.6  Kavika   replied to  Gsquared @9.2.5    2 weeks ago

It's simple and rolls off the tongue easily. 

I was going to go with ''The Party that could Fuck up a One-car Funeral'' but it was a little wordy.

Gsquared
9.2.7  Gsquared  replied to  Kavika @9.2.4    2 weeks ago
the "Shitshow Party"

Another excellent suggestion.  The nickname would appropriately be "Shitheads" or "The Shits".  That has a lot of possibilities.

The Dems vs. The Shits

Dulay
9.2.8  Dulay  replied to  Gsquared @9.2.5    2 weeks ago

I credit my exposure to the Yiddish, spoked by my friend's Grandmothers and mothers, for some of the wonderfully eloquent and spot on nouns that they use so freely. 

Gsquared
9.2.9  Gsquared  replied to  Kavika @9.2.6    2 weeks ago
"The Party that could Fuck up a One-car Funeral"

It does have a nice ring to it, but that would be a little wordy.

Gsquared
9.2.10  Gsquared  replied to  Dulay @9.2.8    2 weeks ago

Putzes and Yutzes are very fitting Yiddish terms.  I know quite a few others that would work, too.

Kavika
9.2.11  Kavika   replied to  Gsquared @9.2.10    2 weeks ago

Moosh noosh (Ojibwe for dumb ass) is kinda fitting as well.

Trout Giggles
9.2.12  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @9.2.11    2 weeks ago

That one I like very much. We could call them the Mooshies for short

Gsquared
9.2.13  Gsquared  replied to  Kavika @9.2.11    2 weeks ago
Moosh noosh (Ojibwe for dumb ass) is kinda fitting as well.

It sure is.  Very fitting and could be applied to them regularly and often.  

CB
9.3  CB   replied to  Gsquared @9    2 weeks ago

HA!

Thrawn 31
10  Thrawn 31    2 weeks ago
Some supporters of President Donald Trump in Texas say they're willing to take up arms against the American government the minute that Trump gives them the order.

Because they are incredibly stupid. 

I am not going to lie, one thing that has absolutely boggled my mind is why ANYONE would show such devotion or loyalty to a politician. It makes zero sense to me. I will support a politician as long as they are working for me or towards goals I support, but to threaten violence because they lost an election? That is fucking dumb. I can't even be bothered to watch speeches, events, or commercials for politcians I support, I will just read a recap later. And going to a rally or some dumbass thing like that? Hell no, even watching the Jets is a better use of time. I will just never understand why anyone would stand up for someone so fervently, especially someone who has proven throughout their entire life that they are only in it for themselves. 

And as soon as I feel a politician is no longer working in my best interests, then fuck'em, I will happily withdraw my support because I don't work for them or serve them, they work for and serve me.