╌>

Andrew Cuomo lashes out at reporters who disrespect Donald Trump - Washington Times

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  28 comments

By:   Jennifer Harper (The Washington Times)

Andrew Cuomo lashes out at reporters who disrespect Donald Trump - Washington Times
A conversation on a New York radio station took a surprising turn on Tuesday when Gov. Andrew Cuomo spoke out against the news media's hostile and disrespectful treatment of President Trump.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A conversation on a New York radio station took a surprising turn on Tuesday when Gov.   Andrew Cuomo   spoke out against the news media’s hostile and disrespectful treatment of President Trump.

“There is a nastier tone now with the press, not just in New York but all across the nation. There’s a nastiness, a disrespect that never existed before,” Mr.   Cuomo   said in an interview Tuesday with WAMC, a public radio station based in Albany.

He also imagined how his father and New York former governor,   Mario Cuomo , would have handled such behavior.

Iif anyone had used the tone that they use with me in some of these press conferences with my old man, you’d be lucky if he didn’t come around and deck you,” Mr.   Cuomo   said.

He was particularly annoyed with the behavior of reporters.

“The way they question President Trump in some of these press conferences — I’ve never heard that tone used with a president. There’s supposed to be decorum. You can not like the person, or disrespect that person — but there’s still an institution that each person represents,” Mr.   Cuomo   continued.

“There are reporters who are just unprofessional. They don’t know the facts and ask really biased questions. They come with a question to fit what their editor wants for that night. There are reporters who ask questions which are unintelligent,” he said.

The governor also reinforced what was once a basic rule in the White House.

“You want to say, well, I don’t like the president, and I disrespect him, but it’s still the office of the president,” Mr.   Cuomo   said.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

This is, of course, absurd. 

Andrew Cuomo is not trusted by progressives and many Democrats, and this is a good example of why. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

OMG. He rips Trump all the time, and it's fine. But he makes one legitimate criticism about how the press treats Trump and now Cuomo can't be trusted. Call the Thought Police! A crime has been committed. Just amazing.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @1.1    4 years ago

NO ONE in the press has ever treated Trump inappropriately. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    4 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.2    4 years ago

If you want to be respectful to a known pathological liar, crook, bigot, moron , and cheat, go for it.  But dont expect other people to be. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.3    4 years ago

Why, NO, JR, I would never expect today's media to be honest, unbiased, respectful, polite, or to even act like a member of the human race.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.5  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.3    4 years ago
If you want to be respectful to a known pathological liar, crook, bigot, moron , and cheat, go for it.  But dont expect other people to be. 

Should we talk about the plagiarism Joe Biden committed at law school? How about the family stories he stole from other people and passed off as his own? How about the time he talked about Indian immigrants working in convenience stores? How about the time he praised Obama for being an articulate black man?

But hey, if you want to be respectful of that, go for it. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.6  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.5    4 years ago

Trump supporters are always good for absurdities. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.5    4 years ago

LOCK HIM UP!

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.6    4 years ago
Trump supporters are always good for absurdities. 

What Tacos wrote may seem absurd, but unfortunately, they are the facts.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.9  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.8    4 years ago

Tacos named 3 or 4 instances where he says Biden did something inappropriate.  Trump's figures are in the hundreds and thousands.   The two are not comparable. Seriously, people who think Trump and Biden are comparable in such ways are totally clueless and probably shouldn't handle sharp objects. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.10  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.9    4 years ago

What a bizarre moral standard. You condemn bad behavior (and yes, I do acknowledge Trump's bad behavior) in one person, but entirely dismiss it in someone else. And your excuse for this is that you think one does it more than the other. 

At least have the integrity to condemn the bad behavior in Biden or others. Otherwise, you have no grounds to bitch about Trump and your complaints look like hollow partisanship.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.11  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.10    4 years ago
And your excuse for this is that you think one does it more than the other. 

NO, I know one person does it more than the other.  Someone would have to have been Rip Van Winkle for the past 5 years to believe otherwise. 

Trump earned no respect. Zero, zip, zilch, nada.  Andrew Cuomo is jerking everyone's chain. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.12  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.11    4 years ago

30 years ago, Biden was considered unfit for office. He's the same person, but the standards have obviously changed.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.13  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.12    4 years ago

It's a complete waste of time to converse with you. 

Maybe Perrie will ban me and I can escape this farce. 

Gazoo
Junior Silent
1.1.14  Gazoo  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.13    4 years ago

Nobody is forcing you to be here, just delete your account. Adios.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.15  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.13    4 years ago

We can't disagree with you. It would be a blessing.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.16  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.13    4 years ago
It's a complete waste of time to converse with you.

If your goal is to have everyone obediently agree with you on everything, then yes, you are wasting your time. You could try talking to a mirror instead.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.13    4 years ago

we can but hope.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.9    4 years ago

hey, JR, its cool with me if you hold zdemocrats to different standards. I am used to it

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.20  MonsterMash  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    4 years ago
NO ONE in the press has ever treated Trump inappropriately. 

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1.21  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.5    4 years ago
Joe Biden committed

one one hundred thousandth , of what TRUMP HAS

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2  Tacos!    4 years ago

Cuomo is right on multiple points.

“There are reporters who are just unprofessional. They don’t know the facts and ask really biased questions. They come with a question to fit what their editor wants for that night. There are reporters who ask questions which are unintelligent,” he said.

All of that is true. They are unprofessional. They are often ignorant. They demonstrate ever-increasing bias. They try to set people up with gotcha questions for headlines and clicks. And sometimes they just ask stuff that's stupid.

It doesn't happen only to Trump, of course, but I would say the press does it more eagerly with him than they do with politicians they actually like.

Once upon a time, most of them cared about appearing professional. More and more of them don't care.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3  lady in black    4 years ago

I normally side with Cuomo, but during his news conference on November 18th he stated that Western New York hasn't lived the full pain of COVID's wrath.  I lost all respect for him in just that one statement. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  lady in black @3    4 years ago

People in big cities don't really care or ever consider rural Americans.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  lady in black  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1    4 years ago

But I'm not rural, I'm a ten minute drive to the outskirts of the City of Buffalo.

I know he only cares about Albany and New York City

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  lady in black @3.1.1    4 years ago

He probably considers you to be rural