╌>

An Experimental Quiz - About Songs

Category:  Entertainment

By:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  4 years ago  •  9 comments

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWERS IN A COMMENT, OR YOU WILL RUIN THE QUIZ FOR EVERYONE ELSE.     POST THEM IN A PRIVATE NOTE TO ME, BUZZ OF THE ORIENT, AND I WILL REPLY WITH YOUR SCORE AND THE CORRECT ANSWERS.

Please remember that I am on the other side of the world (of most of you) and I could be asleep when you send your answers, so be patient - I will get to your PN as soon as I can.

This quiz should easily be answered by those who are more familiar with folk-rock and folk music. However I am using it as an experiment to see if is fun for participants or not.   I have posted the name of the composer in each case in order to make identifying the correct song easier, and less likely to be confused with what could be other songs by many other songwriters/performers.  Because this quiz is ridiculously easy, especially for folkies, when I see how it goes I can start increasing the challenge on future quizzes.

1.   Neil Young

th?id=OIP.qsTaEetkMPixa5u7oMYrcwHaGO&w=112&h=97&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&pid=3.1&rm=2

2.   Simon and Garfunkel

OIP.1_vsyuGP9Y0cdDS1PjqFwgHaEu?w=237&h=180&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7

3.   Arlo Guthrie

OIP.lX6-a9a5qzQpc2lPRMhdsAHaGj?pid=Api&rs=1

4.   Bob Dylan

Very_rare_king_size_5Ft_Winfie_as842a004z.jpg

5.   Joni Mitchell

OIP.d2suGqUWBsFDUilEIvX5QwHaFR?w=244&h=180&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7

6.   Bob Dylan

OIP.3_9Blei5ITtZnmzaN7wEMwHaEY?w=312&h=184&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7

7.   Bob Dylan

OIP.q32wvp06T4x1d3ppEwdZ7QHaH5?pid=Api&rs=1

8.   Joni Mitchell

OIP.CtCk9t7zkDnEB6_SDhNXAAHaHB?w=195&h=185&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7

9.   Paul McCartney (The Beatles)

parking-meter.jpg

10.  Woody Guthrie

USA-map-2.jpg

If you are unable to open this last picture, it is a map of the United States of America.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  author  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWERS IN A COMMENT, OR YOU WILL RUIN THE QUIZ FOR EVERYONE ELSE.     POST THEM IN A PRIVATE NOTE TO ME, BUZZ OF THE ORIENT, AND I WILL REPLY WITH YOUR SCORE AND THE CORRECT ANSWERS.

Give it a try - it's easy.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2  Perrie Halpern R.A.    4 years ago

Done!

Btw.. I don't see the pic for number 10. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3  author  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

So far first of all Perrie, and then Snuffy each got 100%.

Next quiz will be harder.

Ender
Professor Principal
4  Ender    4 years ago

Ok, I sent my answers. I am really bad at the movie quizzes, not much better with this one.

Maybe got about half.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ender @4    4 years ago

You did better than half.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
5  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)    4 years ago

I think I'm a bit on the young side to know these very easily. Only ONE I'm positive about. That's okay... I'll move on to the next one.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @5    4 years ago

You'll have to forgive me, I'm an old folkie and I don't listen to the more current songs unless they're in movies that I watch. 

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
5.1.1  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.1    4 years ago

It still trips me out that I'm one [if not the] youngest one around here. jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6  author  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

I guess there are not many of us folk music and folk-rock fans still kicking these days.  We fight an interesting battle between great memories and creeping dementia or Altzheimers.  I came to that realization myself when a week or two ago I asked my wife to help me find my glasses and she told me I was wearing them.