╌>

Republican Governor Of Arkansas Says Taylor-Greene Should Not Be Punished "Because She Thinks Something A Little Bit Different"

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  58 comments

Republican Governor Of Arkansas Says Taylor-Greene Should Not Be Punished "Because She Thinks Something A Little Bit Different"

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1355899895115296773?s=20

the relevant video is at the tweet link

-

Aaron Rupar
@atrupar

·
4h
ABC: Marjorie Taylor Greene has voiced support for executing Nancy Pelosi. Is she fit to serve? GOV. ASA HUTCHINSON: I'm not gonna answer that question as to whether she's fit to serve, because she believes in something that everybody else does not accept.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Asa Hutchinson: Greene shouldn’t face repercussions for thinking a “little bit different”

While   some Republicans have joined Democrats   in calling for   conspiracy-peddling   Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) to face some level of punishment, Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson said on Sunday that Greene shouldn’t face repercussions for thinking a “little bit different.”

Interviewing Hutchinson on ABC’s   This Week , host Martha Raddatz noted that Greene has voiced support for   executing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi , asking the Republican governor whether the QAnon-supporting lawmaker is “fit to serve” and should remain on the House Education Committee.

“I’m not going to answer that question as to whether she’s fit to serve because she believes in something that everybody else does not accept. I reject that,” Hutchinson replied, adding: “But she’s going to stand for reelection. I don’t think we ought to punish people from a disciplinary standpoint or party standpoint because they think something a little bit different.”

CB
Professor Principal
1.1  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

Governor Asa Hutchinson sounds like a damn fool! Perhaps Greene should say what she said about Nancy Pelosi about him: See what he would think then!

As that is the case, why can't he just be clear that her remark is indefensible and that her irresponsible self should be pulled out of Congress. Because she will get nothing done if the other representatives resent and isolate her, she is excessively combative, and she thinks she is above fitting in!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

No unity with these assholes.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago
No unity with these assholes.

Not surprised.

Looks like you found your new boogyman.

I think Trump will be disappointed.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @2.1    3 years ago

[Deleted]

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.2  CB  replied to  bugsy @2.1    3 years ago

No redirection. Do you support Representative Greene's  Q-anon status and viewpoints, yes or no?

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.3  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    3 years ago
You seem to be a QAnon enabler. 

You know something, John?

About 99.999999999 percent of Americans had never heard of QAnon before libs this year started using them as their boogymen, and of that 99.999999999 percent, as of today, 99.99999999 have no idea what QAnon is or what they do, including me...and I don't care.

Reminds me of Breitbart. I had never heard of Breitbart until he died. Then I started seeing posters on NV and other far left wing sites continuously insulting him, demeaning him and all out war on a man 99.999999 percent of America had never heard of. Since libs did what they did to him, he has become a sort of martyr to many Americans, and his website is one of the most visited sites in the country.

To this day, no liberal has ever been able to post an article from Breitbart that is racist, misogynist, and everything else they accused him of being.

My advice, John, is be careful of what you criticize, or that person/thing may gain notoriety and become very popular in this country, much like Trump, Breitbart, Chik fil A and Hobby Lobby have become.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.4  bugsy  replied to  CB @2.1.2    3 years ago

I don't even know what QAnon is and I don't care. Looks like the left has found its new boogyman

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.5  bugsy  replied to  CB @2.1.2    3 years ago

I didn't redirect anything. Stop accusing me of such.

Again, I have no idea what QAnon is nor do I care.

I don't make a big deal over a boogyman that has no bearing in my life.

You should follow that same advice.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.6  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @2.1.3    3 years ago
About 99.999999999 percent of Americans had never heard of QAnon before libs this year started using them as their boogymen, and of that 99.999999999 percent, as of today, 99.99999999 have no idea what QAnon is or what they do, including me...and I don't care.

nonsense. 

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.7  CB  replied to  bugsy @2.1.4    3 years ago

So learn. It's not like QAnon is hiding itself. "H" they attended the Washington, D.C. capitol and ransacked the place! And yet you don't care, but you are here vainly attempting to upbraid what you know not! Give. Me. A. Break. "bugsy."

This is ridiculous. Because if you don't know who/what/why QAnon is, then your 'point' is invalid. You can't possibly know if they are guilty or innocent of what we write about the 'organization.'

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.8  Tacos!  replied to  bugsy @2.1.3    3 years ago

Right there with ya. Totally agree.

I had never heard of Breitbart until he died.

Ain't that the damned truth. Absolutely.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.9  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.6    3 years ago
nonsense. 

Prove me wrong.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.10  bugsy  replied to  CB @2.1.7    3 years ago
So learn.

Why should I "learn" about something I care absolutely nothing about? Same with the vast majority of Americans.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.11  CB  replied to  bugsy @2.1.5    3 years ago

So you assume QAnon is not a "big deal" in your (my) life? What if they had defeated the federal capitol system and overtaken Congress? You're willing to let that happen before mustering up the energy to look into what this is all about? Give. Me. A. Break.

Get a television. Get some good media coverage. And then form an opinion—ahead of time when it can do the most good for the nation.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.12  Tacos!  replied to  CB @2.1.7    3 years ago
So learn.

Why? Why should regular people give a shit what some fringe, possibly loony, group believes? There have always been wackjobs on the Left and Right who believe paranoid fantasies. There always will be. Real normal life is not impacted by them, and I'd rather not immerse myself obsessively in their delusions. 

And to add to the problem, those who do obsess on these people, and scapegoat them for all problems - real or imagined - just contribute to the chaos and angst in our politics.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.13  CB  replied to  bugsy @2.1.10    3 years ago

You can't possibly speak for the 'vast majority of Americans' nor can any of us. With that, "bugsy" I'm moving on. See ya.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.14  CB  replied to  Tacos! @2.1.12    3 years ago

Well, we're done before YOU can get started. See ya, later.

Perhaps, you have something to say about the Governor of Arkansas' stance on Greene?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.15  Tacos!  replied to  CB @2.1.14    3 years ago

And yet you fail to answer the core question: Why should regular people care?

If we don't just obediently sign on to the obsession and panic, then I guess it means we support the people you hate, right?

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.16  CB  replied to  Tacos! @2.1.15    3 years ago

That's digression. Don't care. But, then you will have to explain why you are writing to me. So what the "H" - T?

Say something constructive or not about Governor Hutchinson's stance on Greene, already, can you do that?

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.17  bugsy  replied to  Tacos! @2.1.8    3 years ago

I don't get it Tacos.

These people find something that represents about zero to almost zero of America, and elevates them to something that makes it look like they are on every street corner, kinda like during the Russian collusion hoax where they referred to everyone that debunked their claims as Russians or Russian bots.

They other thing THEY are elevating is white supremists. I believe the FBI numbers those idiots as somewhere between 5 and 8 thousand dumbasses...NATIONWIDE, but yet, we've got Congresspeople acting as if EVERYBODY, ALL 75 MILLION AMERICANS that voted for Trump, are members of these groups.

Because of that we have leftists, many who reside on here, now making the claim that ALMOST EVERY Trump supporter on here is a white supremist.

I bet these supremist groups never thought they would be propped up by modern democrats, but I guess most democrats simply want to go back to their roots, and they are dog whistling supremist groups to take them back.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.18  Tacos!  replied to  CB @2.1.13    3 years ago
You can't possibly speak for the 'vast majority of Americans'

Actually, he can. This was end of March/beginning of April, 2020.

76% of Americans have never heard of QAnon

Now this number has gone up to almost half the country since then, but I think that's mainly because of the obsession over them.

And in spite of the obsession some have, most people still don't know the details of QAnon , nor do they much care.

Americans’ awareness of the conspiracy theories called QAnon increased dramatically from early to late 2020.  In a Feb. 18-March 2 survey, about a quarter (23%) of U.S. adults said  they had heard “a lot” or “a little”  about QAnon. By September, that number  had increased  to 47%. At the same time, though, very few Americans have heard  a lot  about it: 9% as of September, up from 3% in February.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.19  Tacos!  replied to  CB @2.1.16    3 years ago
Say something constructive or not about Governor Hutchinson's stance on Greene, already, can you do that?

I'm here to say that I don't care. Sometimes that's worth saying because it upsets a basic assumption. In this case, that basic assumption is that a significant portion of people do or should care about QAnon or what this governor I know nothing about thinks of it.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.20  CB  replied to  Tacos! @2.1.18    3 years ago

Donald Trump knew about them. Of course, he knew more about them than me. I'm a 'late bloomer' on them. Trashing the Capitol, put them on more people's screens and having a sitting representative who is trash-talking and setting Congress on fire tends to increase popularity too.

But, please carry on talking stupid shit to me.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.21  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @2.1.18    3 years ago

Poll: 50 Percent of Trump Supporters Believe QAnon ...

Oct 20, 2020   · 50  percent  of President Donald Trump's supporters  believe  QAnon conspiracy theories, particularly that the president is fighting child sex trafficking rings led …

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.22  bugsy  replied to  CB @2.1.20    3 years ago
Trashing the Capitol, put them on more people's screens and having a sitting representative who is trash-talking and setting Congress on fire tends to increase popularity too.

I honestly don't believe those that trashed the Capitol were QAnon, but maybe a couple were.

They, and the rest, are dumbasses.

Again, the vast amount of Americans know nothing of QAnon, and less than that care about who they are.

Just because YOU have heard about them does not represent all of the US.

By infatuating about them, you and those like you are going to elevate them to rock star status, much like you have with Breitbart, Trump, chik fil a and Hobby Lobby. As far as I'm concerned, QAnon is a nothing.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.23  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.21    3 years ago

I read the link. Most reputable sources have methodology to their polls. This one does not, which leads me to believe this "poll" is made up. I know nothing of the source, but I suspect they are a left wing rag.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1.24  FLYNAVY1  replied to  bugsy @2.1.3    3 years ago

Triple bullshit Bugsy.... At least for you.... You've been pushing the lying far right conspiracies for years now.  [Deleted]  You won't deal in facts, data, nor truth.  

[You Deleted] expect those of us that believe in what the constitution says, to say let bygones be bygones.

So bullshit!  Until we see a post from you that says the far right idiots that rioted on 6JAN21, Qanon, white supremacists', and the talking heads on Fox and Newsmax are liars and anti-American, you will continue to be judged by the company you defend on these pages.   

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1.25  FLYNAVY1  replied to  bugsy @2.1.22    3 years ago
I honestly don't believe those that trashed the Capitol were QAnon, but maybe a couple were.

Then just who the hell were they... Little green men from Mars in whiteface and MAGA hats?  Next thing you'll be trying to get us to swallow is that this was a "False Flag event"

This is normal for you Bugsy..... ignore facts and truths.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.26  bugsy  replied to  Tacos! @2.1.18    3 years ago
Now this number has gone up to almost half the country since then, but I think that's mainly because of the obsession over them.

That's what I'm trying to tell them, but they refuse to listen. If they keep obsessing about this which affects zero of this country, then they are going to elevate them to relevancy. I don't want that, and I don't believe anyone else doe, but the more the infatuation from the left, they most certainly will.....but only to the left.

If half of the country has heard of them, I'm certain that that half is the left half.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.27  bugsy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1.25    3 years ago
This is normal for you Bugsy..

First, this is a personal attack, but it is allowed on here by the left, so you are safe.

Second, those that rioted and mostly peacefully trashed the Capitol were idiots, nothing more. As far as their affiliations, just a week or two ago, they were labeled as white supremists. If they ALL stood up and said they are QAnon, then 99.999999999 percent of Americans would say "who"?

Keep on elevating them. Only THEY care that the left is doing so.

Does the left even have their messaging together. I don't think so.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.28  bugsy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1.24    3 years ago
You've align yourself with racists, misogynists, anti-constitutional, anarchist, and liars, and expect those of us that believe in what the constitution says, to say let bygones be bygones.

Show where I have done so. I state facts. I, unlike most on the left, don't rely on my feelings to guide me through life.

I swear EVERYTHING the left does not like is labeled as racist or supremist. What YOU don't understand is that those terms are so overused by the left, absolutely everyone tunes you out when you use them.

If I were to post a picture of a white kitten, you and your little buddies on here would say that picture is a dog whistle to honor white supremists.

Thing is, only the left hear the dog whistles they accuse others of sending.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.29  bugsy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1.24    3 years ago
So bullshit!

BTW....I went back to see where I stated I give a shit about what you think, and for some reason, I can't find it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.30  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @2.1.23    3 years ago

Bugsy, you are impressing no one.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.31  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.30    3 years ago

Sorry, but I am not here to "impress" anyone.

If that is your reasoning for being here, then I suggest a little self reflection.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.32  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @2.1.31    3 years ago

I cant say what you are here for, because it will be censored. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.33  author  JohnRussell  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1.25    3 years ago

Even If It's 'Bonkers,' Poll Finds Many Believe QAnon And Other Conspiracy Theories

December 30, 2020 5:00 AM ET

A significant number of Americans believe misinformation about the origins of the coronavirus and the recent presidential election, as well as conspiracy theories like QAnon, according to a new NPR/Ipsos poll.

Forty percent of respondents said they believe the coronavirus was made in a lab in China even though there is no evidence for this. Scientists say the virus was transmitted to humans from another species.

And one-third of Americans believe that voter fraud helped Joe Biden win the 2020 election, despite the fact that courts, election officials and the Justice Department have found no evidence of widespread fraud that could have changed the outcome.

The poll results add to mounting evidence that misinformation is gaining a foothold in American society and that conspiracy theories are going mainstream, especially during the coronavirus pandemic. This has raised concerns about how to get people to believe in a "baseline reality," said Chris Jackson, a pollster with Ipsos.

"Increasingly, people are willing to say and believe stuff that fits in with their view of how the world should be, even if it doesn't have any basis in reality or fact," Jackson said.

"What this poll really illustrates to me is how willing people are to believe things that are ludicrous because it fits in with a worldview that they want to believe."

"That's terrifying"

The NPR/Ipsos poll of 1,115 U.S. adults was conducted Dec. 21 to 22. The credibility interval for the overall sample is 3.3 percentage points.

One of the most striking poll findings has to do with QAnon, the baseless conspiracy theory that gained widespread attention this year as two of its backers were elected to Congress.

The poll asked respondents whether they believe that "a group of Satan-worshipping elites who run a child sex ring are trying to control our politics and media" — the false allegation at the heart of QAnon. While only 17% said it was true, another 37% said they didn't know.

"It's total bonkers," said Jackson, "and yet ... essentially half of Americans believe it's true or think that maybe it's true. They don't really know. And I think that's terrifying that half of Americans believe that could be the case."

According to the poll, 39% of Americans believe another key tenet of the QAnon theory: that there is a deep state working to undermine President Trump.

The president is himself a major source of misinformation, as he continues to make baseless claims about election fraud on Twitter and elsewhere. Conservative media also have devoted hours of coverage to exaggerated or debunked claims.

The NPR/Ipsos poll suggests those claims are having an impact. Two-thirds of Republicans surveyed said they believe that voter fraud helped Biden win the election, and fewer than half of Republicans said they accept the outcome of the election.

"There's just too much information out there," said Brooke Williams, a Republican voter and self-described QAnon follower from Oro Valley, Ariz., during a follow-up interview with NPR. "I can't see how anybody is not thoroughly convinced that Biden was illegally elected."

In contrast, only 11% of Democrats think voter fraud helped Biden win the election, and 93% accept the outcome.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.34  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.33    3 years ago

In this poll, taken just a few weeks ago, about half of Americans either believed in Q Anon 's conspiracy theories (17%)  or were willing to consider them (37%). 

We can safely assume the vast majority of these groups are Trump supporters. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.35  Kavika   replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.34    3 years ago

There certainly a number of them at the Capital insurrection. 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2.1.36  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  bugsy @2.1.10    3 years ago
Why should I "learn" about something I care absolutely nothing about? Same with the vast majority of Americans.

A steady stream of comments that reveal a lack concern, education, and common sense, tend to reflect badly on those who make them.

That said, piss off. 

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.37  CB  replied to  bugsy @2.1.22    3 years ago

Just because you know nothing about QAnon  "dumbasses" and those who enable its adherents does not make their dynamic any less real. As for their "rock star" status, well let's just say that Donald Trump, Representative Green, and the Capitol 'insurrectionists' - squarely have our undivided attention now, if not yours.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.38  CB  replied to  Tacos! @2.1.19    3 years ago

Let's just end this exasperating discussion.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1.39  FLYNAVY1  replied to  bugsy @2.1.28    3 years ago

Continue to ignore facts and side with those allied against the rule law and the sanctity of the vote as you wish Bugsy.... You've made it overwhelmingly clear for years who you chose to dance with here on NT. 

Again... Denounce Trump, his lies and those that promulgate those lies, or be counted as just another Trump supporter that could give a shit about the US Constitution.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.40  bugsy  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1.36    3 years ago
A steady stream of comments that reveal a lack concern, education, and common sense, tend to reflect badly on those who make them.

That is a hilarious comment. On this very site, we have a far, far leftist that uses emojis as a primary means of responding to comments, and has many times, openly stated that she does not read links by conservatives.

I went back and looked at some of those open admissions, and damn if I never saw your comment above directly under it...or anywhere near it.

I would say I wonder why that is, but no one really does.

"That said, piss off."

Sorry, didn't mean to trigger you. May I suggest a safe space?....or a puppy?

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.41  bugsy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1.39    3 years ago
Denounce Trump

Tell you what...

I'll denounce Trump when you denounce BLM and ANTIFA...and ALL of the rioting, looting, burning and destroying of businesses and lives over the course of this past summer.....and all of the destruction they have caused over the years.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.42  bugsy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1.39    3 years ago

Well, I guess we all know where you stand with destruction of American lives and burning of US cities.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
3  SteevieGee    3 years ago

Advocating insurrection and murder is not thinking a "little bit different".

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1  Kavika   replied to  SteevieGee @3    3 years ago
Advocating insurrection and murder is not thinking a "little bit different".

Sadly it seems to be OK in Arkansas. 

Either that or the Gov been tipping too much moonshine lately.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Kavika @3.1    3 years ago
Either that or the Gov been tipping too much moonshine lately.

jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

Last time I checked Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene is qualified to be a representative.

Article I, section 2, clause 2 (US Constitution) only requires that House members be 25 years old or older and a U.S. citizen for at least seven years. That means people can believe in a lot of things that are not quite the norm, like defunding the police or killing thousands of jobs over a whim about clean energy.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    3 years ago

And there have been 20 member of the house expelled in our country's history,  18 of which were for siding with treasonous confederates or the British my Trumpian  friend.

She needs to slither back under the rock she came from.....

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1    3 years ago
And there have been 20 member of the house expelled in our country's history,  18 of which were for siding with treasonous confederates or the British my Trumpian  friend.

Not for thoughts, my progressive friend.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.2  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.1    3 years ago

Thoughts on 'paper' you mean? Yeah, people lose jobs for that kind of activity. Just do a check on online reputations.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1.3  FLYNAVY1  replied to  CB @4.1.2    3 years ago

The word accountability is missing from the Trumpian/republican dictionary, and has been for more than a couple of decades.... 

What if we were to introduce the "Fairness Doctrine" that Regan vetoed back in 1987?  That is where the liars like Rush, Hannity Et al.  got their starts.   

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.4  CB  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1.3    3 years ago

The fairness doctrine as law would be good, I guess. However, Premier RADIO Network and FOX NEWS and maybe some liberal stations too (which are fewer) should stop paying their hosts and hostess millions of dollars just to entertain with lies and put 'asses in the seats.'  It's the greed factor. And while these hosts and networks are the symptoms-it is the ad buys, the corporations, that feed the beasts!

Observe how Greene in the midst of her controversies in D.C. office holding has turned to fund-raising off of it as 'therapy.' Send money; approve of her. She remains combative, aggressive, and learns nothing about cooperation.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.5  Tacos!  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1.3    3 years ago
What if we were to introduce the "Fairness Doctrine"

That's an interesting notion, but it always applied only to broadcasters - on the logic that broadcast technology by its very nature (i.e. radio broadcast frequencies) necessarily limited the number of available spaces for sending out a signal. Thus, print was immune, and later, cable and internet have not been subject to it, either.

Considering how many people get their news from those latter sources, it seems like it wouldn't accomplish much unless it applied to them, as well.

I imagine there would be a lot of pushback if the Fairness Doctrine were to be imposed on Google, YouTube, or Twitter, not to mention the cable news networks.

freepress
Freshman Silent
5  freepress    3 years ago

How ridiculous, most people who spew those kinds of conspiracy theories need mental health care. How her family deals with the level of literal insanity is just astounding. Her thoughts are not just a "little different", her thoughts are quite literally insane with absolutely no basis in reality. "Jewish Space Lasers", give me a break. That is not just a "little different". That is just insane.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

because she believes in something that everybody else does not accept. 

I bet if that whack a doo called for HIS execution instead of Pelosi's, he would be singing a different tune.