╌>

Tennessee man shot, killed after YouTube video 'prank' goes wrong

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  freefaller  •  3 years ago  •  20 comments

Tennessee man shot, killed after YouTube video 'prank' goes wrong

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A man was shot and killed in the parking lot of a Nashville business Friday night after a robbery "prank" for a YouTube channel went wrong, according to police.

When officers got to Urban Air in the city's Hermitage neighborhood about 9:20 p.m., they learned Timothy Wilks, 20, and a friend approached a group of people, including David Starnes Jr., with butcher knives as part of the prank.

Starnes, 23, told detectives he was unaware of the prank and shot Wilks in self-defense, the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department said Saturday in a statement. The status of the friend who was with Wilks has not been disclosed.

Starnes has not been charged in connection with the incident, which remains under investigation.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
1  seeder  Freefaller    3 years ago

What a moron.

Honestly with the stupid pranks being pulled out there I'm surprised this isn't a daily occurrence.  But I guess for some the 15 minutes of internet fame is worth it

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Freefaller @1    3 years ago

or 15 seconds? Lol ohhhh, soon?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

Natural selection is REAL.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     3 years ago

Darwin award winner.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
3.1  seeder  Freefaller  replied to  Kavika @3    3 years ago

Yup, well at least I hope he didn't breed before pulling this idiotic stunt.

charger 383
Professor Silent
4  charger 383    3 years ago

I feel sorry for David Starnes Jr.  

What a stupid prank to try to pull,

Approach somebody with butcher knifes in a menacing way and they have every right to defend themselves 

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
4.1  seeder  Freefaller  replied to  charger 383 @4    3 years ago
Approach somebody with butcher knifes in a menacing way and they have every right to defend themselves 

I absolutely cannot understand how the pranksters did not consider this when planning their joke.  

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  charger 383 @4    3 years ago

1000%

If it were me and my wife or children a gunshot would have been merciful. 

Yep this is a diehard liberal here.

Don't fuck with my family, especially not this (pranking) way.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

He is not the first YT moron who died getting their 15 mins.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

SOOOO fucking stupid, especially in this country. Frankly the idiot asked for it. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

Another day in America - another shooting death, or two or three.  It is beyond me that America has the gall to tell other countries how to behave. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8    3 years ago

[deleted]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1    3 years ago

[Deleted]

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8    3 years ago

Dude, dummy asked for it. If some random asshole ran up to me and my family with a knife and threatened me, and I were armed, I'd shoot him in the face.

That guy was a fucking idiot and got what he was asking for. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8    3 years ago

Sorry man but we are on opposite sides on this one 

First, the "prank" was being a complete asshole to begin with. 

Second. he did it in a country where news about a mass shooting is like grabbing your coffee (while you are dodging bullets in a mass shooting) in the morning, and you have to assume every other dickhead is armed because THAT old lady's service dog might be a communist. 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
8.4  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8    3 years ago
It is beyond me that America has the gall to tell other countries how to behave. 

Buzz!  What the hell?  I realize that the US has had some issues, but I feel we are working hard to get past it and make amends to our friends and allies, and offer a little hope to our adversaries that all is not lost in terms of how we behave as a nation.  Defining the US by this stupid nonsense certainly isn't helpful.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.4.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.4    3 years ago

I read the news every day, and every day there is a shooting or more, one dead, two dead, maybe a mass murder.  The USA holds itself out to be the number one nation in the world - and it seems to be the number one MURDER nation in the world.  I fear for the safety of my son and his family who live in Wisconsin, and his profession has been a target too often. 

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
8.5  seeder  Freefaller  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8    3 years ago

Buzz I know you've and your adopted country have taken a lot of grief here but that's no reason to lash out without taking the circumstances of this incident into consideration. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.5.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Freefaller @8.5    3 years ago

No matter how much I'm being criticized for my feeling about gun love (or in the case of America gun NEED) I stand on the fact that America's gun murders, whether or not caused by stupidity as in the case at hand, are unbelievably excessive and THAT is the point I made and stand by.  Yes, i DO live in a country where nobody runs and hides when they hear a motorcycle backfire.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
9  Mark in Wyoming     3 years ago

i read this and was thinking , this is something right out of the "jackass series", then i read Johnny Knoxville turns 50 this year( doesnt that make some feel old?)

then i saw the age of the deceased, 20, not to many years ago he and his generation were eating tide pods on dares......