╌>

Kayleigh McEnany Faces Online Backlash for Mocking Biden's 'Love Kids Better than People' Remark

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  3 years ago  •  8 comments

By:   Aila Slisco (MSN)

Kayleigh McEnany Faces Online Backlash for Mocking Biden's 'Love Kids Better than People' Remark
Former White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany was denounced Wednesday for a "despicable" tweet mocking President Joe Biden's comment that "everyone knows I like kids better than people" during Tuesday's town hall event.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Former White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany is being slammed on social media after mocking President Joe Biden for saying "everyone knows I like kids better than people" during Tuesday's town hall event.

© Tasos Katopodis/Getty Former White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany pauses during a press briefing at the White House in Washington, D.C. on November 20, 2020.

Biden made the remark while speaking to CNN host Anderson Cooper about his infant son, suggesting that Cooper would "enjoy being home with the baby more" than moderating the event. McEnany was one of many to mock the comment on Twitter within hours, although a torrent of backlash over her tweet had emerged by the following morning.

"Signing off with a final notable quote from Joe Biden during his town hall this evening: 'Everyone knows I love kids better than people,'" McEnany tweeted alongside a "thinking face" emoji, which shows a face with a raised eyebrow to signify contemplation.

Signing off with a final notable quote from Joe Biden during his town hall this evening:
"Everyone knows I love kids better than people."
— Kayleigh McEnany (@kayleighmcenany) February 17, 2021

"What a despicable thing to tweet," lawyer and NBC contributor Katie S. Phang Tweeted. "Scary to think you're a parent."

What a despicable thing to tweet. Scary to think you're a parent.
— Katie S. Phang (@KatiePhang) February 17, 2021

"Talk about cancelled. you have no power here," tweeted actor Rosanna Arquette. "Be gone before some one drops a house on you."

Talk about cancelled. you have no power here ,Be gone before some one drops a house on you.
— ✌rosanna arquette (@RoArquette) February 17, 2021

"Sign off permanently," writer Lesley Abravanel tweeted.

Sign off permanently. pic.twitter.com/Uk8RJfuixC
— Lesley Abravanel (@lesleyabravanel) February 17, 2021

"You are a sad, miserable person. I would be justified in despising you given your comments about my husband and your support of the former president," tweeted Rachel Vindman, the wife of former Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, a star witness during former President Donald Trump's first impeachment. "Instead, I pity you because you are completely pathetic."

You are a sad, miserable person. I would be justified in despising you given your comments about my husband and your support of the former president. Instead, I pity you because you are completely pathetic.
— Rachel Vindman (@natsechobbyist) February 17, 2021

"The continuous feeding of the Q folk will be your legacy. ... Along with your incredibly peppy way of being completely wrong," Jesuit Catholic Priest Robert Ballecer tweeted while sharing a clip of McEnany pledging that Trump would make sure "we would not see diseases like the coronavirus come here" during a February 2020 Fox Business appearance.

The continuous feeding of the Q folk will be your legacy.
Along with your incredibly peppy way of being completely wrong. pic.twitter.com/I4w8Cu4r6U
— Fr. Robert R. Ballecer, SJ (@padresj) February 17, 2021

"From a former WH colleague of McEnany's: 'This is 100% meant to stir up the qanon crowd. Awful,'" CNN's Jake Tapper tweeted.

From a former WH colleague of McEnany's: "This is 100% meant to stir up the qanon crowd. Awful." https://t.co/jTqIRwEyKn
— Jake Tapper (@jaketapper) February 17, 2021

McEnany responded to Tapper's tweet, denying that her comments were intended to rouse believers in QAanon, the conspiracy theory that falsely claims that Trump is waging a secret war against Satanic Democrats that are heavily involved in child sex trafficking. McEnany told Tapper that his "source should put her name on the record if she claims to know the intent of my tweets."

"I tweeted a revealing, bizarre quote from Joe Biden that underscores his horrific pro-choice, anti-child policies that have dehumanized life (Mexico City policy etc.)," explained McEnany.

I tweeted this revealing, bizarre quote from Joe Biden that underscores his horrific pro-choice, anti-child policies that have dehumanized life (Mexico City policy etc.)
cc: @jaketapper your source should put her name on the record if she claims to know the intent of my tweets
— Kayleigh McEnany (@kayleighmcenany) February 17, 2021

McEnany served as White House press secretary for approximately nine months, having previously acted in the same role for the Trump campaign. She remained a fierce defender of Trump's rhetoric and actions following the 2020 presidential election, when the former president focused on false claims that the election had been rife with massive voter fraud and his loss to Biden had been "stolen."

Newsweek reached out to the White House for comment.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

The comments to Kayleigh's stupid tweet are fabulous.  She needs to hush and go away.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

rosanna arquette's tweet was hilarious.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

She is irrelevant now as a former Trump dick sucker so who cares what she has to say.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2    3 years ago
She is irrelevant now as a former Trump dick sucker so who cares what she has to say.

Yep. Some still think Trump is newsworthy

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1    3 years ago

there's only one story about that POS I'm looking forward to hearing.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @2.1.1    3 years ago

His obituary?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    3 years ago

www.vice.com   /en/article/pkd4e8/kayleigh-mcenany-posted-a-reference-to-qanon-and-theyre-thrilled

Kayleigh McEnany Posted a Reference to QAnon, and They’re Thrilled

QAnon is a movement without a leader at the moment.

It’s been 74 days since Q, the anonymous head of the conspiracy cult, has posted any new “drops” or updates online — and some experts have speculated that Q may never post again.

The resulting vacuum has been  filled for the most part by QAnon influencers  who’ve amassed huge followings in recent years. By linking current events to Q’s back catalog of almost 5,000 posts, they are trying to keep the cult alive.

But the most important figures in QAnon remain former President Donald Trump and people in his circle.   

Last month, in an off-the-cuff remark on a Florida golf course, Trump told a supporter  “ We haven’t finished yet ,” before walking off without explaining what he meant. That’s all it took to ignite QAnon message boards as evidence that Trump will return as their president any day now.

That’s why a tweet from Trump’s former press secretary Kayleigh McEnany on Wednesday was so electrifying to the fringe movement.

McEnany tweeted a not-so-subtle reference to QAnon’s core belief that Democrats are operating a global, cannibalistic pedophile ring by alluding to a comment Biden made during a town hall appearance on CNN this week. 

CNN’s Jake Tapper flagged it as a wink to the QAnon community, tweeting that a former White House colleague of McEnany’s told him: “This is 100% meant to stir up the qanon crowd. Awful.”

McEnany subsequently denied her tweet was a reference to the QAnon conspiracy, saying that what she was trying to highlight was Biden’s “horrific pro-choice, anti-child policies that have dehumanized life (Mexico City policy etc.)”

But it didn’t matter. QAnon devotees were already heaping praise on the former White House press secretary.

“McEnany is one of the most dangerously intelligent individuals I’ve ever seen at a podium. I’m just glad she is on our side. We’d be screwed if she were a baddie. God bless her,” wrote one user on the QAnon message board GreatAwakenings.win.  

Another called her a “verbal assassin,” while another wrote: “We have the most beautiful patriots don’t we?” 

Over on Telegram, an encrypted messaging app, users in a prominent QAnon channel praised her response to Tapper, writing: “You don’t mess with McEnany.... these people will never learn” and “Kayleigh McEnany is QUEEN of ZINGS.”

While McEnany’s tweet may seem innocuous to most people, to those inside the QAnon movement it’s  a confirmation that they’re  on the right path. 

“Her calling this out is pretty significant,” one user wrote. “It shows that this is something the higher-ups are conscious of and take seriously; the belief is not just isolated to the realm of us common folk,” wrote one user on the GreatAwakenings.win forum in a thread titled “What does Kayleigh know?”

Another responded: “Pretty awesome that when the media is trying to laugh at us for believing the pedo stuff, that Kayleigh backed us up by calling this out

Just like Trump’s refusal to denounce QAnon on national television and  Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s coded apology  about spreading QAnon conspiracy theories, McEnany’s comment will act like a catalyst for the movement. It will help feed the  conspiracies for a while longer, reinforce the belief that  “the storm” is coming, and that Trump will return as their God savior.

Hallux
PhD Principal
4  Hallux    3 years ago

Meh, probably she'll get Lou's spot on FOX ... they won't want to lose a buck to OAN.