╌>

2 Women Busted For Disguising Themselves As 'Grannies' To Jump COVID-19 Vaccine Line

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  9 comments

By:   Lee Moran (HuffPost)

2 Women Busted For Disguising Themselves As 'Grannies' To Jump COVID-19 Vaccine Line
The women dressed up in bonnets, gloves and glasses but were foiled before receiving their second coronavirus shots, a Florida health official said.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The women dressed up in bonnets, gloves and glasses but were foiled before receiving their second coronavirus shots, a Florida health official said. 

Two women in Orlando, Florida, disguised themselves as senior citizens in an ultimately failed bid to jump the line for the COVID-19 vaccine.

The pair — aged 34 and 44 — were just moments away from receiving their second coronavirus shots at the Orange County Convention Center on Wednesday when vaccinators spotted something off about their appearances.

They "came dressed up as grannies," Raul Pino, the health officer for the Florida Department of Health in Orange County, said during his weekly COVID-19 briefing on Thursday.

"The bonnets, the gloves, the glasses, the whole thing," he added.

Police discovered that the dates of birth listed on the women's IDs did not match the ones they'd used to register for the jabs, Fox 35 Orlando reported. It's unclear if the women were similarly disguised when they received their first shots, if they did at all.

An investigation into the incident is ongoing. Orange County Sheriff's Office issued trespass warnings to the women, Click Orlando reported.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

That's just weird. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2  Bob Nelson    3 years ago

Rlcd.gif

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     3 years ago

A couple of asswipes.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
4  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

Hells bells, I've aged so much in the last year that I wouldn't need a bonnet or glasses.  They would take one look at me and direct me to the front of the line.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4    3 years ago

FYI, if you need to get an injection or some skin treatments, you can always count on my help.

Thomas
Senior Guide
5  Thomas    3 years ago

So if they had already received the first shot of the two shot series, why not just give them the second? Now they are going to have to do the whole thing over? There are two doses of the first that you cannot get back..., I dunno, stupid people tricks. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1  Tacos!  replied to  Thomas @5    3 years ago
why not just give them the second?

This was exactly my reaction when I saw this last night. Like, ok, they’re assholes, but at this point, we are wasting those first doses if we don’t give them the second one.

Can’t we just give them the shots and then put them in the stocks in the town square or something?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Tacos! @5.1    3 years ago
This was exactly my reaction when I saw this last night. Like, ok, they’re assholes, but at this point, we are wasting those first doses if we don’t give them the second one.

The 1st doses don't wear out.  The reason you don't just give them their 2nd shots is that the vaccines are still in short supply.  Giving these 2 idiots their 2nd shots means that 2 other people, who deserve their 2nd shots, would not get them.

It is also a bad idea to start rewarding cheaters and thieves.

Hallux
PhD Principal
6  Hallux    3 years ago

If these two gals are Canadian snowchicks, keep them.