╌>

No one has heard of the movie that leads the 2021 Oscar nominations

Category:  Entertainment

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  2 comments

No one has heard of the movie that leads the 2021 Oscar nominations

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Mank , a movie most of Americans have never even heard of, leads the 2021 Oscar nominations

Mank  who? The 2021 Oscar nominations were announced on Monday, and Netflix's  Mank  led with 10 nods , including Best Picture — despite the fact that 78 percent of Americans have  never heard of the movie , according to a Morning Consult survey from last month. The other Best Picture nominees were  The Father Judas and the Black Messiah Minari Nomadland Promising Young Woman Sound of Metal , and  The Trial of the Chicago 7 . Netflix led with 35 nominations,  The New York Times  reports . The 2021 Academy Awards ceremony will take place on April 25 in Los Angeles at Union Station and the Dolby Theatre. It hasn't been announced whether there will be a host (although  we hope there won't be ).

For the first time in the history of the Oscars, more than one woman is in contention for Best Director this year. Progress, baby! The 2021 Oscar nominations were unveiled on Monday, with Nomadland 's Chloé Zhao and  Promising Young Woman 's Emerald Fennell both earning nods. It marks the first time in 93 years that more than one woman has received a Best Director nomination at the same Oscars ceremony. The other nominees for Best Director were  Another Round 's Thomas Vinterberg,  Mank 's David Fincher, and  Minari 's Lee Isaac Chung. Prior to Monday's nominations,  just five women had ever  been nominated for Best Director at the Oscars.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

I read an article today about the Oscars where the writer for the Los Angeles Times that covers the movie industry says it's doubtful that Mank will win even one award. I started to watch it one night but it was very slow and didnt grab my interest so I turned it off. That is the advantage of watching these things at home and not paying 15 bucks for a movie theater seat. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

If I'm still alive and lucid and not blind three years from now maybe I'll get to see it and add it to a quiz.  When you go to a movie theatre to watch a movie, the 15 buck ticket price just gets you a seat - what about the popcorn and drink?