╌>

Marjorie Taylor Greene Doesn't Want to Be in D.C., Calls it a 'Sh--hole'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  3 years ago  •  36 comments

By:   Jenni Fink (Newsweek)

Marjorie Taylor Greene Doesn't Want to Be in D.C., Calls it a 'Sh--hole'
Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene doesn't plan on being a career politician and she told Steve Bannon she gave up an "awesome life" to join Congress.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

U.S.CongressHouse of RepresentativesSteve Bannon

Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene, a freshman legislator whose quickly becoming a household name, would rather be living her "American dream" than in Congress.

Greene's become a controversial figure in Congress for her past social media activity, comments on the House floor and unwavering support of former President Donald Trump. However, she told Steve Bannon that she never wanted to be in politics and doesn't enjoy Washington, D.C., life, so she isn't planning on being a career politician.

"I don't want to be here at all. I gave up an awesome life," Greene told Steve Bannon on his Pandemic War Room podcast. "I gave up an American dream to come into what I consider to be a sh--hole because I'm pissed off. Because I'm watching the greatest country in the world on fire and burning down and this is going to affect my children and my grandchildren."

Greene's issue with D.C. goes beyond the corruption and partisan politics, according to someone from Greene's office. They told Newsweek she was also unhappy with the "crazy restrictions" in the Capital, pointing to masks, limited restaurant capacity and the increased security measures at the Capitol campus.

"This is supposed to be the nation's capital where people can come visit but unfortunately, because of Democrats in leadership, D.C isn't this beautiful Capitol area it should be," Greene's office said.

Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene, Republican of Georgia, doesn't want to be in Washington, D.C., and called it a "sh--hole." Greene leaves her office on Capitol Hill on February 4 in Washington, D.C. Nicholas Kamm/AFP/Getty Images

In the interview, the Georgia representative targeted the "woke progressive" firehose that's "tearing down our freedoms and eroding every single part of the American culture." She's used her ability to motion Congress to adjourn to delay votes, irking Democrats in Congress who need to vote to stay in session, a tactic she recently deployed in an attempt to block the passage of the Equality Act.

She later hung a sign saying there are two genders outside her office, which is located across the hall from Representative Marie Newman, whose daughter is transgender. She faced criticism for her floor speech and the sign, including from Republican Representative Adam Kinzinger, and was stripped of her committee assignments weeks earlier over controversial social media postings and comments.

The criticism appears to do little to temper Greene, who posted on Twitter on Thursday that she ran for office to "represent the people, not the politicians."

Greene co-owned a construction company with her husband before she decisively won her seat in the House in November by more than 50 points. She told Bannon she was inspired by former President Donald Trump but "never wanted" to be in politics and she's still not fond of it, saying "I'm actually disgusted with politics."

On Bannon's podcast, the freshman representative was critical of the money that's in politics, calling it an industry and an "economy in itself." She criticized both Democrats and Republicans for their investment in keeping the industry going because their "livelihood depends on it," since their connections and business opportunities are pegged to it.

She doesn't plan to be a career politician, according to a person from her office, but won't constrict herself to a specific number of terms. The congresswoman wants to see "how much change" she can enact to Congress and how it works.

"I know the system has to be torn down," Greene said. "Every day that we can put Congress to a stop, we are saving the country."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    3 years ago

Adding Green to any town makes it a shithole, too...

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  JBB @1    3 years ago

Adding Green to any town makes it a shithole, too...

But...but...but, nobody likes her...360_F_171948175_umuO3nDm0ZcZmAGJ5Cb47G4nb66EMyC7.jpg

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    3 years ago

Jayzus! I don't feel sorry for people who feel picked on when it was their own doing. So what if nobody likes her? She needs to suck it up and own it!

Do what I do, Marge. When someone expresses their distaste for you, hold your head up, walk proud, and remember you weren't put on this earth to win any popularity contests

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1.2  pat wilson  replied to  JBB @1    3 years ago

She'd rather be back home shtupping the guys at the gym.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

Hah she doesn’t really want to be in Congress as far as actually having to do the job. All she wants out of it is a megaphone for her bullshit and to collect the paycheck and benefits.

She doesn’t want to actually have to do any real work like writing, reading, co-sponsoring, or voting on legislation. This is just filling the bank account and feeling like she is important. She doesn’t want to be in DC and I doubt anyone who lives there (even other GOP reps) wants her there.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2    3 years ago

Considering that Green cannot speak in complete sentences, how can we expect her to write laws?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  JBB @2.1    3 years ago

She apparently can only speak in conspiratorial sound bytes.

She's a spoiled brat.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.1.3  SteevieGee  replied to  JBB @2.1    3 years ago

She has lobbyists to write her laws for her.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2    3 years ago
she doesn’t really want to be in Congress as far as actually having to do the job. All she wants out of it is a megaphone for her bullshit and to collect the paycheck and benefits.

So she's a Republican...

JBB
Professor Principal
2.2.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Ozzwald @2.2    3 years ago

It is pretty obvious...

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.2.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Ozzwald @2.2    3 years ago

Pretty much, but I’d go so far as to say she has even less interest in governing than your average Republican. I think most would at least pretend they were mad when they got booted from their committee assignments, her response was “good, now I have more free time.”

She doesn’t even pretend to give a shit about the job she is supposed to be doing.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3  FLYNAVY1    3 years ago

I'm watching the greatest country in the world on fire and burning down and this is going to affect my children and my grandchildren."

I guess she ought to put down the flamethrower then.....  Another child playing with matches.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1  Ozzwald  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3    3 years ago
I'm watching the greatest country in the world on fire and burning down and this is going to affect my children and my grandchildren."

Yet she probably doesn't believe in climate change, which really will her children and grandchildren.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3    3 years ago

By saying the country is going down in flames...does she mean that America is trying to get equal rights for all Americans?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4  Trout Giggles    3 years ago
She doesn't plan to be a career politician, according to a person from her office, but won't constrict herself to a specific number of terms. The congresswoman wants to see "how much change" she can enact to Congress and how it works.

She will be a one term wonder. Considering that she's poison I doubt if she'll get any changes enacted.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Trout Giggles @4    3 years ago

She won’t accomplish anything for two reasons a) she doesn’t actually have any goals other than to grab headlines, and b) I am absolutely positive she has no idea how to even go about getting legislation passed even if she did have any ideas.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
5  Gsquared    3 years ago
"I don't want to be here at all."

No one is making you stay.  Resign and go home.

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
7  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     3 years ago

The congresswoman wants to see "how much change" she can enact to Congress and how it works.

"I'm actually disgusted with politics."

"Every day that we can put Congress to a stop, we are saving the country."

she told Steve Bannon that she never wanted to be in politics and doesn't enjoy Washington, D.C., life, so she isn't planning on being a career politician.

Probably a good idea, politics is a dirty nasty supposedly debate which doesn't sound like anything she's really interested in. 

"I don't want to be here at all. I gave up an awesome life," Greene told Steve Bannon

So, "Bye bye, don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out." 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
7.1  pat wilson  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @7    3 years ago
So, "Bye bye, don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out." 

I think many on both sides of the aisle have those sentiments.

Sophomore Guide
7.1.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  pat wilson @7.1    3 years ago

Yea It doesn't seem like she really wants to be a politician at all just another person who thinks their way is the way. 

The world is full of those. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7.1.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @7.1.1    3 years ago

She is there for the publicity, the salary, and the benefits, nothing else. 

Sophomore Guide
7.1.3  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Thrawn 31 @7.1.2    3 years ago
She is there for the publicity, the salary, and the benefits, nothing else.

Maybe but likely she already had the salary and could buy the benefits. Many new politicians get into politics because they think they can do better that the politicians they already see, what they don't think about or realize that just because a person has the power of an elected office that's when the real work bull shit and negosiations start. 

This person and many like her don't really want that they just think and believe they have all the answers and everyone should do it their way.

Then reality hits them and they realize their power is quite limited soon many turn to anything goes to get their way.

Sad 

And ofcourse this is just my opinion. I've never even meet this person. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7.1.4  Thrawn 31  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @7.1.3    3 years ago

Lol you are giving her waaaay more credit that I will. I haven’t seen one thing from her indicating that she ever intended on trying to “change” anything or make a difference at all. And even being well off, who is gonna turn down almost $400,000 for doing absolutely nothing for 2 years?

Sophomore Guide
7.1.5  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Thrawn 31 @7.1.4    3 years ago
I haven’t seen one thing from her indicating that she ever intended on trying to “change” anything or make a difference at all.

I don't know anymore than I just read about her. But from my take is she is "One of those" Anti-government people. It seems she thinks disrupting the government is better than actually governing.

..........................  From the seed .......................

Because I'm watching the greatest country in the world on fire and burning down and this is going to affect my children and my grandchildren."

She's used her ability to motion Congress to adjourn to delay votes, irking Democrats in Congress who need to vote to stay in session, a tactic she recently deployed in an attempt to block the passage of the Equality Act.

she ran for office to "represent the people, not the politicians."

"I know the system has to be torn down," Greene said. "Every day that we can put Congress to a stop, we are saving the country."

lady in black
Professor Quiet
8  lady in black    3 years ago

If she doesn't like DC why doesn't this c u next tuesday just quit.  She is a fucking nut case.  Boo hoo, I can't get my way...poor wittle snowflake.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
9  bbl-1    3 years ago

Before we all denigrate Rep. Greene, it is only fair to point out that she wouldn't be there had 'the voters' of her district not sent her there.  Perhaps it is time to re-evaluate the electorate and decide whether 'the electorate' is really an electorate after all.

In all honesty, nobody can tell me that Putin is not smiling behind our backs.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
9.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  bbl-1 @9    3 years ago

I’ve suggested going back to the founders when it comes to voting, hasn’t gotten much traction though.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
9.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Thrawn 31 @9.1    3 years ago

Voted you up, but-------------

In the original colonies only landowners were allowed to vote.  And that would be be 'white landowners' only.  Not even white women could vote.  And most assuredly the Native Americans, Imported Blacks and of course those of Spanish descent sure as hell could not vote.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
9.1.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  bbl-1 @9.1.1    3 years ago

Oh I am well aware. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
10  Kavika     3 years ago

According to her Guam is a foreign country. Guam, of course, will be shocked at that as will our military. 

In fact, the Guam delegation visited the dumb asses office. 

Guam delegate visits Greene's office with books, cookies after she called US territory a foreign land.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Kavika @10    3 years ago
"I don't want to be here at all. I gave up an awesome life,"

Then leave bitch.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Kavika @10    3 years ago

I hope they were chocolate cookies....made with ExLax.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
10.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  Kavika @10    3 years ago

She’s a fucking idiot. Guam is pretty damn nice though.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
11  bbl-1    3 years ago

This may also be a possibility or probability, that it does not matter what particular space Rep. Greene occupies, it becomes a s---hole.