╌>

NY Times Posts Audio Exposing Cuomo Lied About Threatening to Compare Adversary to 'Child Rapist'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  3 years ago  •  4 comments

By:   Leia Idliby (MSN)

NY Times Posts Audio Exposing Cuomo Lied About Threatening to Compare Adversary to 'Child Rapist'
After Gov. Andrew Cuomo's (D-NY) office denied claims that he threatened to compare an adversary to a "child rapist," the New York Times posted audio of him doing just that. The post NY Times Posts Audio Exposing Cuomo Lied About Threatening to Compare Adversary to 'Child Rapist' first appeared on Mediaite.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

© Provided by Mediaite Cuomo

David Dee Delgado/Getty Images

After Gov. Andrew Cuomo's (D-NY) office denied claims that he threatened to compare an adversary to a "child rapist," the New York Times posted audio of him doing just that.

In February, the Times had reported that Cuomo had a hostile reaction when told by a leader of the Working Families Party — which had previously backed his primary opponent actor and activist Cynthia Nixon — that the party would endorse him in the general election because he was better than a Republican.

The report claimed that Cuomo responded by threatening to label the Working Families Party leader as "better than a child rapist" if they compared him to a Republican again.

Cuomo's office denied the allegation, claiming he never said it, yet Times reporter Michael Barbaro exposed the governor's reaction at about 17 minutes into Friday's episode of The Daily.

"If you ever say, 'Well he's better than a Republican' again, then I'm going to say, 'You're better than a child rapist,'" the governor can be heard saying on the call. "How about that?"

"Governor, I apologize, but I gotta clarify one thing," responded the Working Families Party leader. "You're free to say whatever you want, governor, but I just want to be clear. Our line is going to be that we have differences with you, but our differences with Republicans are far greater."

The leader noted again that their party does not agree with the governor on all matters, adding that Cuomo is free to say the same about them.

"I think you're better than a child rapist," Cuomo repeated. "I just want you to know."

The audio comes as the governor is facing multiple allegations of bullyingandsexual harassment, on top of the accusation that he drastically under reported the death rate in nursing homes throughout the pandemic.

Nearly all of theDemocrats in New York's congressional delegation, including Senators Chuck Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand, have also called on Cuomo to resign, yet the governor has instead spurned those calls by attempting to invoke "cancel culture."

The post NY Times Posts Audio Exposing Cuomo Lied About Threatening to Compare Adversary to 'Child Rapist' first appeared on Mediaite. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    3 years ago

Poor old Cuomo--everyone seems to be picking on the man!

He might ought to stop while he's behind.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @1    3 years ago
He might ought to stop while he's behind.

... meh, I thought the 2 labels were generally accepted as synonymous...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.1    3 years ago
I thought

Well, there you go.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2  Ronin2    3 years ago

Cuomo should realize it is over when the fawning left wing media is even against him.