╌>

Emmy winner found dead, buried in debris inside home

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  7 comments

By:   MSN

Emmy winner found dead, buried in debris inside home
It was there, under "an avalanche of garbage," that the 66-year-old was found face up, the Daily News said.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Emmy-winning set designer Evelyn Sakash was found dead in her New York home this week after being buried in debris. Prior to the discovery, she'd been missing for seven months.

BB1fdiRl.img?h=1166&w=874&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

According to reports, Evelyn's sister, Ellen Brown, had been maintaining the messy apartment while the search was on for the talented designer, who'd previously worked on "Taxi," "Orange is the New Black," "Billions" and more. Eventually, Ellen hired a cleaning crew to help her tidy up the place, which the New York Daily News described as "trash-strewn."

It was there, under "an avalanche of garbage," that the 66-year-old was found face up, the Daily News said.

"This is just devastating," Ellen said. "She had a full life. She was so extraordinarily talented. She was a brilliant mind … I don't want my sister to be remembered like that, like the way she was found."

Pictures from the home show that Evelyn was a serous hoarder, as trash and filth overflowed from the home. Multiple media outlets reported a stench that wafted through the air.

Since Evelyn was last heard from in September 2020, police visited the home several times to gather up her pets. Somehow, they never found Evelyn during those checks.

In 2003, Evelyn won a Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction/Set Decoration/Scenic Design for her work on the children's television series "Between the Lions." Over the years, she worked on Broadway productions and show that aired on Disney and MTV.

Before the discovery of her body, Evelyn's family had set up a GoFundMe page to supplement the investigation into her disappearance.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

I would have assumed that an "Emmy winning set designer" would have been a neat freak. 

You never know. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

The level of psychological distress someone would have to be under to allow themselves to deteriorate like that must be off the charts. 

OIF.yK1Zjwh3xpA4RbvkiwGllg?pid=ImgDet&rs=1

evilone
Professor Guide
2.1  evilone  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago
The level of psychological distress someone would have to be under to allow themselves to deteriorate like that must be off the charts. 

There was a whole show on TV called Hoarders. I couldn't watch it. Come to find out the lady directly across the street from us was a hoarder. It took months and teams of people to clean it out.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  evilone @2.1    3 years ago

I think that many people are a little messy. This is a whole other thing. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  evilone @2.1    3 years ago

I usually watch the last ten mins to see the outcomes.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.2  SteevieGee  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago

Mrs. Gee cleans the house before the housekeepers come so they won't see it messy.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
3  Freefaller    3 years ago

I hope she somehow died instantly rather than slowly dying over a period of days unable to extricate herself.  The unfortunate thing I read about hoarders is they can have a tendency to push people away which may have lengthened the timeframe it took to discover the body