╌>

Jordan Klepper Debunks The “Good Guy with a Gun” Argument

Category:  Entertainment

By:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  9 comments

Jordan Klepper Debunks The “Good Guy with a Gun” Argument

If you dont want to watch the full video, start at the 6:00 mark and you will still get get the point he is making. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

According to the expert , 3% of active shooter incidents are stopped by "a good guy with a gun". 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

So 97% go off without a hitch, and the trade off for that 3% are thousands of domestic murders and suicides annually. Just doesn’t quite seem worth it in my opinion. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1.1    3 years ago

Well come on now, you don't have to murder someone with a gun. You could stab them to death with a fork. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2  bbl-1    3 years ago

The culture of 'the gun' protects no one.  

Good guy with the gun?  Sure, everyone is a good guy until they aren't.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

Isn't that one of the best arguments that the "Happiness is a Warm Gun" people use?  Or is "Car accidents kill more people..." their favourite?

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
3.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3    3 years ago
"Happiness is a Warm Gun"

i like mine to stay at room temp , that makes me happy .

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4  Mark in Wyoming     3 years ago

I thought the video was good for a laugh , people can believe whatever they want .

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
4.1  Drakkonis  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4    3 years ago
I thought the video was good for a laugh

LOL. It was pretty funny. There's so much wrong with it it's hard to know where to start. Still has me chuckling. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
5  Mark in Wyoming     3 years ago

I do know i will never be a " good guy with a gun", not unless i take a job as an LEO again, and thats not going to happen.

lets revisit johns little question on a different article , which would you rather have a perp have a gun or a knife .

i already gave my answer there , but lets change things a little because my answer was based on thinking , it would only be the perp , the cashier , and myself in the store.

lets add all 5 that have answered  this article being in the store themselves , now the perp has 6 individual targets to go after .

We all know i am armed and if i become the intended target, what i will do. lets say he doesnt come after me first.

that target has a choice, fight , flight , or hide , chances are they will be carved up like a christmas goose., and it will go on until the perp is stopped  or runs out of people.

remember on the other article I stated i have stricter rules for use of deadly force than the state gives me by law.

Something one must consider if they are considering to carry, are the rules under which they would use deadly force , and consider if they could actually follow through as well.

By law i can used deadly force to protect myself from serious bodily injury in my state, it also says i can use it to protect another person from the same .

but here is the catch.

It doesnt say I HAVE to.

It falls back to those rules i created for myself to use deadly force.

Rules I follow:

1. if i am carrying a firearm , it is there solely for my protection and my protection alone , no one elses . i am not a cop (LEO, ) or john wayne , i am not armed to be anyone elses body guard.

2. make sure that i and only I am the immediate intended target, 3 things have to be filled to prove this , intent , capability , and opertunity stating they will do harm.

3. only after #2 is filled will my firearm be drawn and readied , and used .

4. if #2 and #3 have not happened make  quick exit of the situation to safety.

lets say rule #4 happens , that leaves the rest of y'all having to decide to fight , flight or hide , be ready to fight like the 3rd monkey on the ramp of noahs ark , and it just started raining......