╌>

Another Profile in Courage

Category:  News & Politics

By:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  73 comments

Another Profile in Courage
"[Critical race theory] is not an honest dialogue — it is a tactic used by Hitler and the Ku Klux Klan on slavery very many years ago to dumb down my ancestors so we could not think for ourselves," the parent, who is Black, said.

Here is a Virginia teacher. A true American hero. This brave teacher is everything a teacher should be Of course they cut her microphone, because the cowards of the left can’t allow free speech.

Her brief, cut off speech before the Loudoun County School Board:

All across the nation people are finding the courage to stand up against this evil ideology and it's intolerant representatives in all of our key institutions. Our intolerant rulers cannot withstand the challenge, because they have little grass root support. The progressive left was built from the top down. It needs it's false narratives unchallenged and must do whatever is necessary to defend them. Challenge the Trump collusion hoax, the "hands up don't shoot" lie, Dr Fauci or even what they intend to teach small children and they cut off the mic or close down a social media account or maybe even take away someone's livelihood. 

After all this time, it was young children being taught to hate themselves that got parents to depart from their day-to-day world of securing the necessities of life for their families and finally FIGHT for their kids and their nation!

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

This teacher may even lose her job.

Now it's time for the locals to show up and tell us that this really didn't happen.

Remember, they must protect the narrative. Maybe someone will point to me once using Bullshit in a comment when responding to someone who constantly uses it. (As if that related to the conversation on transparency!)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

(deleted)

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.1    3 years ago

That sentence wouldn't make sense to you. It was written for only one individual.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago
Of course they cut her microphone, because the cowards of the left can’t allow free speech.

The ONE MINUTE time limit  for comments was set prior to the meeting. They cut off the mic at ONE MINUTE. It has NOTHING to do with cowardice OR not allowing free speech. 

In short, your comment is exactly the kind of 'false narrative' that you pretend to abhor. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2    3 years ago
The ONE MINUTE time limit  for comments was set prior to the meeting. They cut off the mic at ONE MINUTE. It has NOTHING to do with cowardice OR not allowing free speech. 

First You have to show us the information. You should always provide a link.

Second You have to show it being evenly applied

Third - You cannot deny that people aren't being censored by the left in this country. They even censored the New York Post, which published a factual news story!

In short, your comment is exactly the kind of 'false narrative' that you pretend to abhor. 

In short your comments are defending the school board which intends to indoctrinate young children with self hate. Exactly what I mentioned in the article!

Thomas
Senior Guide
1.2.2  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    3 years ago

CRT is not indoctrination to self hate.... But you believe that it is because that's what you have been told to think by your party. It is you who are closer to the ideas and ideals of of the countries [deleted]

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.3  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    3 years ago
First You have to show us the information. You should always provide a link.

I'll take your recommendation seriously when YOU meet that standard Vic. 

Second You have to show it being evenly applied

Actually, I don't. YOU are the one that made the allegation, YOU have the burden of proof. So PROVE that " they cut her microphone, because the cowards of the left can’t allow free speech." I'll wait. 

Third - You cannot deny that people aren't being censored by the left in this country.

While that may be true, you fail to prove that it has fuck to do with your seed. 

They even censored the New York Post, which published a factual news story!

WTF does that have to do with YOUR seed Vic. I don't see a link to the NYP in it. 

In short your comments are defending the school board which intends to indoctrinate young children with self hate. Exactly what I mentioned in the article!

Bullshit Vic. I merely cited the FACT that the board meetings set a time limit on public comments. ANYONE that cares to review their website can confirm that FACT for themselves. ANYONE can also review the videos of OTHER speakers that day to confirm that they were held to that time limit across the board. 

YOU made an unfounded allegation based purely on inherent bias. Own it. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2  Just Jim NC TttH    3 years ago

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif   jrSmiley_28_smiley_image.gif

Way to go!!!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2    3 years ago

This one is dedicated to Kathleen and all strong women!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  Tessylo    3 years ago

194246937_10215167110731241_4207520337357946875_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=7Q6c13Tx3mAAX9n5QAB&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=715b431eb7150cda6f1fdaa20e048cd0&oe=60E91B6D

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3    3 years ago

"[Critical race theory] is racist, it is abusive, it discriminates against one’s color," she continued. "Let me educate you: An honest dialogue does not oppress. An honest dialogue does not implement hatred or injustice."

"It’s to communicate without deceiving people," added the mother, who told the school board the parents did not need "their agreement" but rather for the school board to take action and grow "a backbone."

She called for critical race theory to be banned from the school system and told the school board to "think twice before you indoctrinate such racist theories."

"You cannot tell me what is or is not racist," the mother continued before telling the school board to "look at" her. "I had to come down here to tell you to your face that we are coming together strong. This will not be the last ‘greet and meet.’"

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    3 years ago

Good for her

its takes a lot of guts to what she did rather than just go along to get along.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    3 years ago

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    3 years ago

"You cannot tell me what is or is not racist," the mother continued before telling the school board to "look at" her. "I had to come down here to tell you to your face that we are coming together strong. This will not be the last ‘greet and meet.’"

IT APPEARS YOU CAN'T TELL SOME PEOPLE ANYTHING!

Profile in courage my ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.3    3 years ago

Didn't you once complain that changing the letter sizes gave you a headache?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.4    3 years ago

Why did you feel the need to enlarge and bold all the text from that courageous (LOL!) woman?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.5    3 years ago

I'm only reminding you of what you told us. 

Suppose I was talking to someone on here and she used the word bullshit in every sentence. Then I respond with that same word in my rebuttal. Should I have someone complain that I once used the word.  Do you see what I'm saying?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.6    3 years ago

No

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Where are children taught to hate themselves? I'd like to see that course material. "Critical race theory" is a conservative boogie man, not something that is destroying our country or our youth. 

Yesterday I seeded an article about Texas new "1836 Project" which is being instituted to remind Texans of the wonderful principles that state was founded on.  Texas put out a list of topics that will be part pf the "1836 Project", and the bill passed through the legislature and signed by Gov Abbott specifically says that the founding principles of Texas will be discussed in Project 1836 material. 

Uh, one of the founding principles of Texas was white supremacy, and we have it in writing. In the 1861 Texas declaration of secession the state legislature at that time quite clearly makes it known that Texas, and all the states , were founded on white supremacy . It talks about the inferiority of the Africans and how God intended for whites to rule over them. The document also disparages Native Americans as "savages".  Imagine wanting to put your racism down on paper for posterity.

I think we all know this description of the founding of Texas will not be in the 1836 Project material. 

One wag on twitter said that the 1836 Project is the best argument yet for the 1619 Project.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @4    3 years ago
will be discussed in Project 1836 material.

As pointed out to you yesterday, all this does is authorize the material to be printed. It isn't like they are going to drop it from a plane over the whole state.

"and all the states , were founded on white supremacy . It talks about the inferiority of the Africans and how God intended for whites to rule over them. The document also disparages Native Americans as "savages".  Imagine wanting to put your racism down on paper for posterity."

How about an excerpt from, or a link to, this line of knowledge you are presenting. Or, is it just your interpretation of it and it may be construed otherwise by those with more of an open mind?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.1    3 years ago

Your argument is basically once everyone realizes how stupid the 1836 Project is it will lose its purpose. That is certainly possible, but not really the point. The bill specifically states that a purpose of the 1836 Project is to praise the "founding principles" of Texas. Yet it took me less than 30 seconds to find an official state of Texas document from 1861 that clearly states that Texas was founded on white supremacy. 

Now, of course I dont expect the 1836 Project to mention that fact, why would they? , but it shows us what we are dealing with when some folks try and depict American history. The 1619 Project says there is a different history, and there is. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    3 years ago

1619 is pure fiction, not history.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.1.4  Dulay  replied to    3 years ago
Did anyone honestly know 1619 was a significant date just a year ago?

Actually, I learned that a couple years ago from the TV series 'Jamestown'. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4    3 years ago
"Critical race theory" is a conservative boogie man

That's why we are having these battles with school boards intent on teaching it?

Where are children taught to hate themselves? 

You yourself once admitted that CRT teaches that whites are born racist. You forgot already?

Yesterday I seeded an article about Texas new "1836 Project" which is being instituted to remind Texans of the wonderful principles that state was founded on.  Texas put out a list of topics that will be part pf the "1836 Project", and the bill passed through the legislature and signed by Gov Abbott specifically says that the founding principles of Texas will be discussed in Project 1836 material. 

Uh, one of the founding principles of Texas was white supremacy, and we have it in writing. In the 1861 Texas declaration of secession the state legislature at that time quite clearly makes it known that Texas, and all the states , were founded on white supremacy . It talks about the inferiority of the Africans and how God intended for whites to rule over them.

I think we all know this description of the founding of Texas will not be in the 1836 Project material. 

One wag on twitter said that the 1836 Project is the best argument yet for the 1619 Project.

Wrong on all counts John. First Texas wasn't founded the day it seceded from the union. Texas was the product of a rebellion against Mexico. You remember Mexico?  A country that declared it's independence from Spain.

BTW - the term white supremacy didn't even exist in the 1830's or even the 1860's. That term is a modern progressive construct which applies to NOBODY!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2    3 years ago
Wrong on all counts John. First Texas wasn't founded the day it seceded from the union. Texas was the product of a rebellion against Mexico. You remember Mexico?  A country that declared it's independence from Spain.BTW - the term white supremacy didn't even exist in the 1830's or even the 1860's. That term is a modern progressive construct which applies to NOBODY!

You can go to my seed to read the Texas declaration of secession, I won't drag it over here, but you are mischaracterizing what is in it. 

The southern states wanted to explain WHY they were leaving the union. Like other states Texas wanted to portray slavery as a good, or at least beneficially necessary , system. 

.....We hold as undeniable truths that the governments of the various States were established exclusively by the white race, for themselves and their posterity; that the African race had no agency in their establishment; that they were rightfully held and regarded as an inferior and dependent race, and in that condition only could their existence in this country be rendered beneficial or tolerable.

By the way, I'm pretty sure that the original constitution of texas, when it was an independent nation, is no better. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2    3 years ago
BTW - the term white supremacy didn't even exist in the 1830's or even the 1860's. That term is a modern progressive construct 
-
that they were rightfully held and regarded as an inferior and dependent race, and in that condition only could their existence in this country be rendered beneficial or tolerable.

That is a textbook description of white supremacy. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.1    3 years ago
The southern states wanted to explain WHY they were leaving the union. Like other states Texas wanted to portray slavery as a good, or at least beneficially necessary , system. 

John, I know you look at history through a modern lense, which I will not bother to characterize, but  the history of the great state of Texas is very long and very rich. For you to tie all of it to secession is IMO wrong. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.2    3 years ago
That is a textbook description of white supremacy. 

There is no textbook definition. It is only a buzz word.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.3    3 years ago

Vic you are totally missing the point. If it is wrong to use a modern lens to discuss history then why do we see so much history presented only from the dominant (white) point of view?  The people who will teach how great the founders of Texas were are MODERN PEOPLE !

If it's wrong to teach that Texas was founded on white supremacy it is wrong to teach how great the founding of Texas was.

America messed up the race issue from the beginning. And then, when the slaves were freed it was another 100 years before they got federal equal rights. That is an incredibly damning fact about America, but we have tens of millions of people who continue to want to deny reality.  There are many millions of racists in this country.  What do you propose we do or say about that?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.5    3 years ago
Vic you are totally missing the point. If it is wrong to use a modern lens to discuss history then why do we see so much history presented only from the dominant (white) point of view?  The people who will teach how great the founders of Texas were are MODERN PEOPLE !

So you want history told as Howard Zinn taught it - from the point of view of a perceived victim?  I have to disagree. That would be egregiously biased. The story of the Native people, the Mexicans, even the slaves (I don't think Texas had many cotton plantations btw) are already included. You want to unbalance history and only tell a story of oppression?  That is not history!

If it's wrong to teach that Texas was founded on white supremacy it is wrong to teach how great the founding of Texas was.

It is wrong to teach that Texas was founded on white supremacy because it is a lie to do so. Texas was it's own Republic in 1836 and the only mention of slavery was that the new government overturned the Mexican prohibition of slavery, although it allowed slaveholders to free their slaves if they desired. A footnote in it's long history.  The mere fact that you can look that up and quote it is enough for me. Historians have done their job.

White Supremacy is a modern term. Slavery which was rampant in the 1800's was practiced by all races.

America messed up the race issue from the beginning. And then, when the slaves were freed it was another 100 years before they got federal equal rights. That is an incredibly damning fact about America, but we have tens of millions of people who continue to want to deny reality.  There are many millions of racists in this country.  What do you propose we do or say about that?

America is the greatest country on earth starting with the eradication of the institution of slavery. Those are the facts that the racially obsessed are ignoring. The American left has used this issue to try and win elections. I propose we defeat those who divided us.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.6    3 years ago

This is from the 1836 Republic of Texas constitution

Sec. 10. All persons (Africans, the descendants of 
Africans, and Indians excepted) who were residing 
in Texas on the day of the declaration of 
independence shall be considered citizens of the 
republic and entitled to all the privileges of such.

as is this

Sec. 9. All persons of color who were slaves for 
life previous to their emigration to Texas, and who 
are now held in bondage, shall remain in the like 
state of servitude:

No free 
person of African descent, either in whole or in 
part, shall be permitted to reside permanently in 
the republic without the consent of congress; 

================================================

People of color had NO rights in Texas, even if they were free. 

And you think the founding of Texas should be celebrated with a 1836 Project ? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.7    3 years ago
And you think the founding of Texas should be celebrated with a 1836 Project ? 

I don't think anything should be taught without the approval of parents.

Hallux
Masters Principal
4.2.9  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.8    3 years ago
I don't think anything should be taught without the approval of parents.

Would that include evolution?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @4.2.9    3 years ago

You can't exclude science.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.12  author  Vic Eldred  replied to    3 years ago
Any comments on the scientific consensus

Just this: We want to read more about that consensus. All federally funded scientists to be excluded. Proven science is always part of the curriculum.

We are not going to let teachers teach children to judge others by the color of their skin.

[deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.14  author  Vic Eldred  replied to    3 years ago
“We are not going to let teachers teach...”

We are going to prevent indoctrination in elementary schools and after that we are going to end it in the University.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.15  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.14    3 years ago
We are going to prevent indoctrination the truth in elementary schools and after that we are going to end it in the University.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.16  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.12    3 years ago

jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.17  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.15    3 years ago

BINGO!

Hallux
Masters Principal
4.2.18  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.12    3 years ago
All federally funded scientists to be excluded.

... and industry funded scientists?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.2.19  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2    3 years ago
BTW - the term white supremacy didn't even exist in the 1830's or even the 1860's. That term is a modern progressive construct which applies to NOBODY!

"Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition." - Vice President of the Confederacy March 22, 1861

They may not have had a name for it yet, but white supremacy certainly existed.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.20  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.15    3 years ago

Their truth being that whites are born racist

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.21  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.2.19    3 years ago

I go what the US Constitution says and as you might know I have little use for progressives who want to punish White Americans for the Confederacy.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.2.22  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.21    3 years ago
I have little use for progressives who want to punish White Americans for the Confederacy.

And I have little use for conservatives who want to praise and celebrate and protect the confederacy and its racist legacy. To claim "white supremacy" was a modern progressive construct is the height of conservative idiocy and can only be seen as a desperate attempt to protect, deflect and defend it.

Their truth being that whites are born racist

Nobody is born racist, but many people are born into racist cesspools of passed down prejudice. And anyone born white in America is born into a society that was primarily created for white Christian males who have been essentially in control of how our society functions for several hundred years, so whether you want to admit it or not, anyone born white in America is being born into a certain level of privilege when compared to non-whites. It's not that they're born with a silver spoon in their mouth and they have it made in the shade living on easy street, of course not, many are born into cycles of poverty, but the fact remains, over even the last 60 years it's been far easier to climb the ladder of success, get jobs, get accepted to Universities and even white criminals serve less time for the same crimes and are stopped and searched less frequently even though whites use and sell illegal drugs at about the same rate or higher than black Americans. All CRT is teaching is that these disparities in society and the law exist and are fixable if we just decide they're important enough to change.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.23  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.12    3 years ago
Removed for context

That’s for sure!  

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.2.24  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.20    3 years ago
Their truth being that whites are born racist
You've got to be taught
To hate and fear,
You've got to be taught
From year to year,
It's got to be drummed
In your dear little ear
You've got to be carefully taught.
You've got to be taught to be afraid
Of people whose eyes are oddly made,
And people whose skin is a diff'rent shade,
You've got to be carefully taught.
You've got to be taught before it's too late,
Before you are six or seven or eight,
To hate all the people your relatives hate,
You've got to be carefully taught...
- Rodgers and Hammerstein "South Pacific"

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.25  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.3    3 years ago
For you to tie all of it to secession is IMO wrong. 

Texas' history is ALL about secession. First from Mexico over slavery and second from the US over slavery. Those are historical facts. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.26  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.4    3 years ago
There is no textbook definition. It is only a buzz word.

That's a ridiculous statement Vic. There are hundreds of textbooks that define white supremacy. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.27  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.6    3 years ago
I don't think Texas had many cotton plantations btw

You 'think' wrong. Cotton was one of the Republic of Texas' major exports. In fact, in 1840 a crash in cotton prices bankrupted the Republic. 

Texas was it's own Republic in 1836 and the only mention of slavery was that the new government overturned the Mexican prohibition of slavery, although it allowed slaveholders to free their slaves if they desired.

The 'only mention' WHERE Vic. The Republic of Texas' Constitution sure as hell mentions 'slaves'. 

Sec. 9. All persons of color who were slaves for life previous to their emigration to Texas, and who are now held in bondage, shall remain in the like state of servitude: Provided, The said slave shall be the bona-fide property of the person so holding said slave as aforesaid. Congress shall pass no laws to prohibit emigrants from bringing their slaves into the republic with them, and holding them by the same tenure by which such slaves were held in the United States; nor shall congress have power to emancipate slaves; nor shall any slaveholder be allowed to emancipate his or her slave or slaves without the consent of congress, unless he or she shall send his or her slave or slaves without the limits of the republic. No free person of African descent, either in whole or in part, shall be permitted to reside permanently in the republic without the consent of congress; and the importation or admission of Africans or negroes into this republic, excepting from the United States of America, is forever prohibited, and declared to be piracy.

That's 11 times in ONE section. 

Then there's this: 

Sec. 10. All persons (Africans, the descendants of Africans, and Indians excepted) who were residing in Texas on the day of the declaration of independence shall be considered citizens of the republic and entitled to all the privileges of such. 

Sounds like white supremacy to me. 

White Supremacy is a modern term.

Yet NOT a new ideology. 

Slavery which was rampant in the 1800's was practiced by all races.

All races did NOT practice chattel slavery Vic. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.28  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.2.24    3 years ago

Oh ya, the little sreed that was once adopted by the old left and now most aptly describes the new left.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.29  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.28    3 years ago

That's funny because most of you and yours say that the left insist that people are racist by birth. Which is it Vic? 'Our' readers want to know...

exexpatnowinTX
Freshman Quiet
4.2.30  exexpatnowinTX  replied to  Dulay @4.2.27    3 years ago
Slavery which was rampant in the 1800's was practiced by all races.

I suggest you check a little further back in history and even in current times.

Slavery has historically been widespread in Africa . Systems of servitude and slavery were common in parts of Africa in ancient times, as they were in much of the rest of the ancient world . [1] When the trans-Saharan slave trade , Indian Ocean slave trade and Atlantic slave trade (which started in the 16th century) [2] began, many of the pre-existing local African slave systems began supplying captives for slave markets outside Africa. [3] [4] Slavery in contemporary Africa is still practised despite it being illegal.

Slavery is nothing new.  It pretty much has always existed and still does in one fashion or another today.  That does not make it right, but simply something people need to be aware of and fight against when and where possible.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.31  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4.2.27    3 years ago

“The truth is harsh.”

So spoke the philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche, back in the 19 th   century.

On no topic is the truth harsher than on that of race.

The Eric Holders of the world incessantly bemoan the absence of an “honest discussion of race” in America.  But such a discussion, beginning, as it must, with a discussion of slavery, is actually the last thing that they could afford to have, for such a discussion would include facts that would undermine much of the ideologically-invaluable conventional wisdom concerning this topic.

For instance, the very word “slave” stems from “Slav,” i.e. a reference to the experience of millions of (white) Slavish   people who endured centuries of slavery at the hands of   African   Muslims.   This, of course, is a most inconvenient truth, for it is a most Politically Incorrect truth.  But it   is   the truth.

Yet the Slavish aren’t the only whites who spent centuries in captivity: Europeans of various backgrounds were enslaved by African Muslims as well.  All of this is heavily documented in such neglected pieces of scholarship as Robert Davis’s  Christian Slaves, Muslim Masters: White Slavery in the Mediterranean, the Barbary Coast, and Italy, 1500-1800  and Paul Baepler’s  White Slaves, African Masters: An Anthology of American Barbary Captivity Narratives. 

Nor is it just that millions of whites   in Europe   were made to toil in bondage for hundreds of years.  Don Jordan’s  White Cargo: The Forgotten History of Britain’s White Slaves in America   and Michael Hoffman’s  They Were White and They Were Slaves: The Untold History of the Enslavement of Whites in Early America  impeccably establish that whites were enslaved in colonial America as well.   Moreover, these brave authors show that the conditions that whites, including, most tragically, white   children,   had to endure both en route to the colonies as well as once they arrived were at least as dreadful as those experienced by Africans.

This last point would as well be included in an honest discussion of slavery.  The word “kidnapping” that is so often, but erroneously, used to describe the circumstances that allegedly resulted in the transportation of Africans to the New World derives from the fact that British children— kids —were regularly “nabbed’ off of the streets of England and sold into slavery in America.    

An honest discussion of race would mention what no less a figure than black Harvard scholar Henry Louis Gates recently discovered: free blacks were in America   before   slavery.  While researching the book and documentary  The African-Americans: Many Rivers to Cross,   Gates admits to having been shocked to discover that blacks freely came to America, to Florida, as early as 1513— over 100 years earlier   than the standard date of 1619.  And the one black man whose name is now known was a   conquistador  who came in search of the Fountain of Youth with Ponce de Leon.

Gates also notes that it is simply not true that blacks didn’t become aware of Christianity until they were enslaved by Europeans.  Many Africans who were eventually sold to Europeans—at least one out of four—came from the Kingdom of Angola, where they had been converted to Roman Catholicism as early on as the 15 th   century.

Gates delivers a double whammy to the orthodox line on race and slavery in America when he reveals both that it was the “African elites” who “converted” the African masses to Christianity   and   that it was these same elites—not European abductors—who sold their fellow black Africans into slavery across the Atlantic.

Of the   12.5 million   Africans sold during the era of the Trans-Atlantic slave trade, Gates further observes, only about   388,000   were shipped to America.

An honest discussion of race in America would include the fact that whites were slaves, for sure, but it would also have to accommodate the obscene truth that as many as   4,000   free black families   owned   slaves in the antebellum South .   More stunning still is that, arguably, the first slave master in early America was a black man .

Anthony Johnson—a name, doubtless, of which few people today, black or white, would have heard—was an Angolan who was first sold by Africans to Arabs before winding up as an indentured servant in Virginia. There, he attained his freedom, became a planter, and acquired his own indentured servants. One of the latter, John Casor, a black man, served his mandatory seven years—but Johnson refused to set him free. Through a long, windy series of court battles, Johnson succeeded in prevailing upon the courts to declare Casor Johnson’s servant for life   Slavery was born, as this was the very first time in the colonies when it was legally determined that a person who had committed no crime had to spend the rest of his remaining existence in bondage.

We are a long ways off from having a truly honest discussion of race.  Now we see why."

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.32  Dulay  replied to  exexpatnowinTX @4.2.30    3 years ago
I suggest you check a little further back in history and even in current times. Slavery is nothing new.

Did you miss the word 'chattel' in my comment? 

READ past the introduction of your link and educate yourself. In fact the next sentence after what you block quoted should help. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.33  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.31    3 years ago

WOW, that's a lot of words to make an irrelevant comment Vic. 

NOTHING you posted refutes my statement. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.34  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4.2.33    3 years ago

It must be discouraging to try so hard to convince good people that teaching their children to hate themselves and teaching others to be bitter is a good thing.

It must be tough. Keep up the fight.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.35  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.34    3 years ago
It must be discouraging to try so hard to convince good people that teaching their children to hate themselves and teaching others to be bitter is a good thing.

I wouldn't know Vic. 

But YOU would know all about how discouraging it is to get called out for posting BS seeds here on NT and being unable to get away with it. 

Keep up the fight.

No fight, just facts. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.36  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4.2.35    3 years ago

[deleted]

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.37  bugsy  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.34    3 years ago
It must be tough

Not tough for most leftists. Hate is what they thrive on. If they can't be happy, no one can.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.38  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @4.2.26    3 years ago
There are hundreds of textbooks that define white supremacy. 

Normally written by white liberals who refuse to accept their party's past, but have no problem embracing the same ideals today.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.39  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @4.2.38    3 years ago

Thanks for supporting my comment. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.40  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @4.2.39    3 years ago
Thanks for supporting my comment.

Well, it's nice to see we agree that white liberals are the biggest problem in this country today.

Just don't let them know you think so...they'll kick you out of the club.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.41  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @4.2.40    3 years ago
Well, it's nice to see we agree that white liberals are the biggest problem in this country today.

Do you really think that completely misrepresenting our prior comments makes you look good bugsy? 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @4    3 years ago

Talk about boogie men...

The 1836 project simply authorizes a pamphlet about Texas history to be given to new Texans at the DMV.

That's it. Yet you have developed a whole conspiracy about what will or won't be included in a DMV pamphlet.

THere's no comparison to brainwashing kids in school.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.3.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.3    3 years ago

lol

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.3.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @4.3.1    3 years ago

Was that a nervous Kamala Harris lol cuz you got caught or what?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.3  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.3.2    3 years ago

Got caught at what?  Laughing at bullshit?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.3.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.3.2    3 years ago

I didnt get caught. The governor of Texas and the Texas Republican legislature that passed this nonsense got caught. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.3.5  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.3    3 years ago
The 1836 project simply authorizes a pamphlet about Texas history to be given to new Texans at the DMV.

If that were true Sean, the 'project' would be funded by the Department of Transportation instead of the Texas Education Agency

Hallux
Masters Principal
5  Hallux    3 years ago

Yay ... Battle of the Font Size at Bullshit Peak. @!@