╌>

Trump Ridicules US Women Soccer Team Getting Olympic Bronze Medal: ‘Woke Means You Lose

Category:  Sports

Via:  hallux  •  3 years ago  •  61 comments

By:   Colby Hall

Trump Ridicules US Women Soccer Team Getting Olympic Bronze Medal: ‘Woke Means You Lose
In the statement released Thursday morning, Trump said the team was “headed by a radical group of Leftist Maniacs”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Former President   Donald Trump   reminded his many critics why they don’t care for him by releasing a statement that mocked and ridiculed the US Womens’ Soccer Team for winning an Olympic Bronze medal earlier on Thursday.

Team USA held on to defeat a tough Australian side, 4-3, with two goals each from veteran team members   Carli Lloyd   and   Megan Rapinoe , who are likely featuring in their last Olympics. Rapinoe in particular scored a “worldie” by putting the ball in the back of the net straight from a corner kick. It was an “olimpico” in the Olympics, which you can see for yourself: (see link)

There is great honor in achieving a bronze medal, even if it’s a disappointment for the top-ranked US National team who came into the competition as favorites. But Trump saw an opportunity to both make fun of the team’s bronze medal and also ridicule their politics at the same time.

In the statement released Thursday morning, Trump said the team was “headed by a radical group of Leftist Maniacs” and insisted that if the team “wasn’t woke, they would have won the Gold Medal instead of the Bronze.” He then made some point that “Woke means you lose,” and  “everything woke goes bad.”

Trump also called out Rapinoe (though not by name) saying “The woman with the purple hair played terribly,” apparently unaware of Rapinoe’s two goals in today’s consolation game. Nor was he likely aware of Rapinoe’s   game-winning PK   in a tight game against the Netherlands.

Trump’s full statement:

If our soccer team, headed by a radical group of Leftist Maniacs, wasn’t woke, they would have won the Gold Medal instead of the Bronze. Woke means you lose, everything that is woke goes bad, and our soccer team certainly has. There were, however, a few Patriots standing. Unfortunately, they need more than that respecting our Country and National Anthem. They should replace the wokesters with Patriots and start winning again. The woman with the purple hair played terribly and spends too much time thinking about Radical Left politics and not doing her job!

The animus between Trump and the US Women’s team, in particular, Megan Rapinoe, goes back a number of years after the US women’s soccer star   candidly said   “I’m not going to the f*cking White House” (that Trump occupied) after the women won the World Cup in 2019.  In a speech she made to her fans during a victory celebration in New York City, however,   she implored forgiveness, grace and love .

It’s clear that, while Rapinoe was looking to move past divisive rhetoric, Trump sees a cultural war between the US Women’s Soccer team as a politically beneficial wedge issue that can only strengthen the support of his base of followers. USA!

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hallux
PhD Principal
2  seeder  Hallux    3 years ago

Donald is the new 'woke'.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Hallux @2    3 years ago

Donald is the old 'joke'. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     3 years ago
Donald is the new 'woke'.

I think he's a combination of the new ''woke'' and the new ''slept''

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

He doesn't know fuck-all about soccer so why doesn't he just shut the fuck up?

I think the women and the USA should be proud they brought home the bronze. They played some tough teams

Hallux
PhD Principal
4.1  seeder  Hallux  replied to  Trout Giggles @4    3 years ago
They played some tough teams

And those teams have become tougher to beat and streaks come to an end eventually. But what a record:

'91 WC: 1st

'95 WC: 3rd

'96 Oly: 1st

'99 WC: 1st

'00 Oly: 2nd

'03 WC: 3rd

'04 Oly: 1st

'07 WC: 3rd

'08 Oly; 1st

‘11 WC: 2nd

‘12 Oly: 1st

‘15 WC: 1st

'16 Oly: Quarterfinal

‘19 WC: 1st

'21 Oly: 3rd

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5  Ronin2    3 years ago

Don't give a damn about Trump. Outside of living rent free in TDS sufferers heads (which is both hilarious and disturbing to watch) he is of no use.

Also don't give a damn about the women's soccer team, the men's basketball team, or any other Olympic athlete that decides to use the games as their political bully pulpit. They are there to represent the US; all of the US- even the parts their politics don't agree with. They, and their supporters, cannot act shocked and offended when those of us that don't agree with their politics don't appreciate having it thrown in our faces. They don't represent us; and not all the butt hurt crying can change that.

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1  seeder  Hallux  replied to  Ronin2 @5    3 years ago
They are there to represent the US

The US is a lot of things both good and bad, one would think that acts of 1st Amendment rights on a world stage would be a good thing. BTW, it was not only American athletes that displayed their convictions. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Hallux @5.1    3 years ago
The US is a lot of things both good and bad

Never said it wasn't. Warts and all it is still the best thing around.

one would think that acts of 1st Amendment rights on a world stage would be a good thing

They are free to exercise their first Amendment rights. That does not mean some of us have to support what they are saying; or the fact they are using the Olympics (which are supposed to unify everyone) to say it. Would you be so supportive if a US athlete that supported Trump pulled out a banner or donned a shirt stating "Stop the steal"?

BTW, it was not only American athletes that displayed their convictions. 

Could care about the rest of the athletes- they are not representing the US; and are not putting their political beliefs to the front while wearing USA on their uniforms. It is up to their countries and individual citizens to decide if they like the message.

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1.2  seeder  Hallux  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1.1    3 years ago
Could care about the rest of the athletes- they are not representing the US

I don't care about what countries they represent, I care about their individual performances.

Warts and all it is still the best thing around.  

Very 'patriotic' of you ... many citizens of many nations think the same way of their countries. 

Would you be so supportive if a US athlete that supported Trump pulled out a banner or donned a shirt stating "Stop the steal"?

Not if he/she asked for the result be rechecked countless times.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1.1    3 years ago
Would you be so supportive if a US athlete that supported Trump pulled out a banner or donned a shirt stating "Stop the steal"?

We all know the answer to that.  To many progressives, it would be an atrocity requiring years of therapy.   It would be racist, sexist, ageist, ableist, etc... The athlete would be blacklisted. But, as we saw yesterday, they will tell you that it's Un-American to criticize left wing athletes who protest and receive corporate rewards for protesting America.  

Lucky their heads don't explode from the dissonance. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.2  Split Personality  replied to  Ronin2 @5    3 years ago
They don't represent us; and not all the butt hurt crying can change that.

They do represent us, there isn't an option to opt out of your citizenship on a temporary basis.

You can say the same things about the elected dip shits who have either form of TDS.

OH! Wait, never mind, you are quite prolific at that too.

Like it or not in theory POTUS, Senators and House members represent everyone in their districts.

We wouldn't recognize our own country if they all behaved that way.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.2.1  Ronin2  replied to  Split Personality @5.2    3 years ago
They do represent us,

They may represent you; but not me. I do not support their message or their choice to do it at the Olympics while wearing a uniform bearing the US insignia.

there isn't an option to opt out of your citizenship on a temporary basis.

I am a US citizen period. I don't stop being one just because I don't support some self entitled asshole athletes at the Olympics. Last I checked this is not China, Russia, or some third world dictatorial shit hole (at least not yet) where everyone must follow a very tight dogma or face imprisonment, reeducation camps, or death. We are entitled to dissent. I cannot be forced to watch, praise, or support in any way these athletes.

You can say the same things about the elected dip shits who have either form of TDS. OH! Wait, never mind, you are quite prolific at that too.

Sorry, I don't condone TDS sufferers of any stripe. Of course I don't condone Trump either; he was just the lesser of two evils last election.

Like it or notin theoryPOTUS, Senators and House members represent everyone in their districts.

You are correct in theory. Someone really should have told the "Not my President" crowd of Democrats and the left for the last 5 years. Just because they represent us doesn't mean we have to support them. We are allowed to call them out when they fuck up, say anything we don't agree with, or take actions that are contrary to our beliefs. If enough of us don't agree with them we have the option of electing new people to the office when their terms are coming to and end. If they fuck up bad enough there are legal means of removing them from office. To bad we don't have those options for the Olympics. 

We wouldn't recognize our own country if they all behaved that way.

In case you missed it an ever growing number of US citizens on both sides can't recognize this country anymore.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.2.2  Split Personality  replied to  Ronin2 @5.2.1    3 years ago
To bad we don't have those options for the Olympics. 

You have the options not to watch the events, not to pay attention to the news

and not to comment on your own bitterness.

Lot's of options.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.2.3  Ronin2  replied to  Split Personality @5.2.2    3 years ago
You have the options not to watch the events

Haven't watched a single women's soccer game, men's basketball game, and it is more than easy to avoid the other self entitled assholes.

not to pay attention to the news

Rather damn difficult since the news on the Olympics is literally everywhere. Social media making the whole world more connected.

and not to comment on your own bitterness.

Last I checked it was a free forum; unless something has changed, I am entitled to my opinion and to express it here.

Lot's of options.

Yes, and I am exercising them- whether or not you agree with them.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @5    3 years ago

I dont care what athletes say about politics.  Dont even pay it any attention. You should try that sometime, it's really easy. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.3.1  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @5.3    3 years ago

I don't care about what athletes or actors say about politics so long as they are doing it on their own time. When they are using a stage such as the Olympics; sporting event or venue that has paid entry or tv sponsorship; award ceremony; etc to show their political views is where I draw the line.

I can ignore them when they do it on their own time. I can disagree with them but still respect their views. When they are using a venue such as the Olympics to put their political views front and center; they are saying, "By watching us, and supporting us, you agree with us and support our views; because we represent you on this world stage." Not just no; but fuck no.

It really pissed me off when the Steelers pulled that shit during the Bears game- with the team staying in the locker room during the National Anthem- just 1 player came out - a former Ranger Alejandro Villanueva. He ended up apologizing for doing the right thing; as it made his teammates look bad. He had nothing to apologize for. I subscribe to the NFL Sunday ticket so I was paying to watch that game (the Steelers are the only reason I have it)- I turned the game off that day. They lost the game; but much more than that they lost me temporarily as a fan. It took several team meetings about pregame conduct; and games of them not behaving like assholes for me to start watching again. I have no problem if players want to make a political statement on their own time; but when it is something I am paying for especially to watch- hell no. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.3.2  Split Personality  replied to  Ronin2 @5.3.1    3 years ago
"By watching us, and supporting us, you agree with us and support our views; because we represent you on this world stage."

Well right there that's your mistaken take on it.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.3.3  Ronin2  replied to  Split Personality @5.3.2    3 years ago
Well right there that's your mistaken take on it.

Not just my take, it is a lot of people's take. Look at the ratings for the Olympic viewership if you don't believe me. Streaming has something to do with it; but not nearly as much as the Network wants to believe. 

I have enough friends around (mostly conservatives these days thanks to rampant TDS) that I can safely say that most of the ones I correspond with regularly are not watching the Olympics due to athletes putting their political views ahead of representing this country. Many shut off the Olympics completely after Simone Biles withdrew from competition (note: only a few faulted her- which caused several arguments). These are people that fly the US flag proudly; that have supported past Olympians fully. I guess they are all wrong, or "mistaken" as well. Too bad you cannot dictate to all of us how they should think or feel.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6  TᵢG    3 years ago

And there are those who insist that this negative narcissist —the opposite of an inspiring leader / role model— was 'the greatest president'.

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1  Ender  replied to  TᵢG @6    3 years ago

And want him back...

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7  Split Personality    3 years ago

Gone are the days of state sponsored training by the largest countries during the Cold War. ( Except China )

An ever growing percentage of athletes are Americans who could not make team USA but can represent some other country

based on their fathers birth place or citizenship.

As far as the USNWT, we won one on a shoot out, we lost one on a penalty kick with our back up goal keeper

and won Bronze with the backup Franch, 4 to 3.

That's sports, people get injured.

The idea that only patriots win is further proof of the mental decline suffered by Donald and Rudy.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Split Personality @7    3 years ago

To me, one of the most striking things about this olympics is how many of the athletes , from the US and around the world, seem to be mixed race. It really stands out. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1    3 years ago

The exception being Athing Mu of Trenton.

I had to check another TV to make sure it wasn't the TV

Her parents immigrated from Sudan

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Split Personality @7    3 years ago

Ah...the good old days of the East German Women's Weight-Lifting Team

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.2    3 years ago

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @7.2.2    3 years ago

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.2.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @7.2.3    3 years ago

That movie was so funny

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.2.4    3 years ago

HILARIOUS!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.2.6  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.2    3 years ago

Don't leave out the New Zealand team

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
7.2.7  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.2    3 years ago

Yep, all them them steroid laced individuals that looked like Arnold in his younger days!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.2.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.2.6    3 years ago

I wouldn't want to antagonize her

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
7.2.9  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.2.8    3 years ago

She strikes me as someone who is mostly bluster.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.2.10  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @7.2.9    3 years ago

Do you see the size of her arms?

I will speak politely to that lady

Ender
Professor Principal
7.2.11  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.2.10    3 years ago

The pits would scare me off.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.2.12  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @7.2.11    3 years ago

I wondered if anyone was going to comment on those

shona1
PhD Quiet
7.2.13  shona1  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.2.6    3 years ago

Morning. Yep the first Kiwi transgender weight lifter. She was their first and probably last. She has retired now after failing all lifting attempts at the Games..

As one Brit said what did she do??  Grow her hair so she could put it in a pony tail..

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
7.2.14  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.2.4    3 years ago

Laughed my head off when the resistance fighters are walking through the forest and you see the face of a watch. The camera pans back and the watch face is as big as a soccer ball!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
7.2.15  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.2.10    3 years ago

Actually, I got my comment placement mixed up. I was referring to Rapinoe being the one full of bluster. But you are right about that Kiwi weightlifter above though.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.2.16  Trout Giggles  replied to  shona1 @7.2.13    3 years ago

Did she go from man to woman? And she still couldn't outlift the other women?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.2.17  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.2.16    3 years ago

Yep. At least the others in the Olympics.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7.3  Ronin2  replied to  Split Personality @7    3 years ago
Gone are the days of state sponsored training by the largest countries during the Cold War. ( Except China )

Don't go crying too hard for the athletes. Corporate sponsorship more than makes up the loss for many. Most are now professionals- men's and women's basketball teams; men's and women's soccer teams; etc and have their professional pay as well as corporate endorsements. The Olympics are just a way of garnering more endorsements and commercials now.

The idea that only patriots win is further proof of the mental decline suffered by Donald and Rudy.

The idea that everyone must support self indulged assholes that put their political views before representing this country is further proof of erosion of values in this country. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.3.1  Split Personality  replied to  Ronin2 @7.3    3 years ago
The idea that everyone must support self indulged assholes that put their political views before representing this country is further proof of erosion of values in this country.

There ya go getting all confused again.  Everyone has a right not to support individual athletes.

Whether or not they are self indulgent or meet your purity test is irrelevant to most people including the athletes.

They are representing this country because they were the best athletes available, period. 

Those purity tests only apply to nationalist countries run by totalitarians.

Me?  I root for Old Glory and the people wearing the patch, rarely concerned with any of their personal baggage.

Those are their rights to keep.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.3.2  Split Personality  replied to  Ronin2 @7.3    3 years ago
Don't go crying too hard for the athletes

Yeah I saw where our wrestlers can earn $250,000 for a gold medal

To make up for all the years of training.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
8  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

What event has Trump ever won besides a pie eating contest.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @8    3 years ago

His many, many, golf championships...at the clubs he owns

Hallux
PhD Principal
8.1.1  seeder  Hallux  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.1    3 years ago

Didn't Donald lose to this guy:

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
8.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.1    3 years ago

He kicks his ball out of the rough so often that the caddies have named him Pele.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
8.1.3  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @8.1.2    3 years ago

OMG that's too funny.  You made me spit out my coffee.   jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  Hallux @8.1.1    3 years ago

Kim shoots a 34 for 18 holes. He'd beat you too. 

Hallux
PhD Principal
8.1.5  seeder  Hallux  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.4    3 years ago

An eggplant could beat me at golf.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
8.1.6  Ronin2  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.4    3 years ago

Who is going to argue with him about his golf score? It is a good way to disappear forever.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
8.1.7  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @8.1.3    3 years ago

It is a true story.  Sorry about your coffee.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @8.1.2    3 years ago

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
8.1.9  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.4    3 years ago

"Kim shoots a 34 for 18 holes."

Yeah, and then uses the golf club!

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
8.2  Ronin2  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @8    3 years ago

He did win an election to become president.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8.2.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Ronin2 @8.2    3 years ago

And then lost and took it like a bitch. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Thrawn 31 @8.2.1    3 years ago

The Turd Reich is still claiming that he won but that it was stolen from him.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

Trump is still mad about that one lady soccer player dropping an F bomb on him.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
9.1  pat wilson  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9    3 years ago

You nailed it.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
10  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

Lol, could Trump even make it across a soccer field without suffering cardiac arrest? 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Thrawn 31 @10    3 years ago

Trump's idea of exercise is touching someone eles's toes.