╌>

Majority says Biden is out of it, aides are doing his job

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  moose-knuckle  •  3 years ago  •  100 comments

By:   Yahoo

Majority says Biden is out of it, aides are doing his job
Preelection concerns that President Joe Biden wasn't physically or mentally up for his new job at age 78, the oldest-ever chief executive, are now settling in as the public sees him slow-walking, refusing to consider questions at press conferences, and seemingly befuddled with the crisis in Afghanistan.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Read full articlePaul Bedard August 20, 2021, 11:07 AM·2 min read Majority says Biden is out of it, aides are doing his job

Preelection concerns that President Joe Biden wasn't physically or mentally up for his new job at age 78, the oldest-ever chief executive, are now settling in as the public sees him slow-walking, refusing to consider questions at press conferences, and seemingly befuddled with the crisis in Afghanistan.

Not only has his average approval rating fallen below 50%, the lowest of his presidency, but a new survey has found that in addition to likely voters believing that Biden is not all there, they believe that aides are doing his job.

In the survey, Rasmussen Reports said 52% of respondents said they are not confident that Biden is physically or mentally "up to the job of being president of the United States." And 41% of respondents said they are "not confident at all."

Another 46% said they are confident in Biden.

Women, men, white people, Republicans, and middle-aged to elderly voters lack confidence in Biden, according to the survey.

The survey outlet also asked, "Is Joe Biden really doing the job of president, or are others making the decisions for him behind the scenes?"

Again, a slight majority, 51%, said others are doing his work, while 39% said Biden is in charge, down from 47% in March.

Those numbers are worse than the findings from a similar SurveyMonkey poll just one month into his presidency when 33% said he isn't mentally sharp enough for the job.

The polling shift from a third to a majority having questions about Biden parallel other findings that the public does not expect Biden to finish out his term and expect Vice President Kamala Harris to fill in.

The Rasmussen survey also follows a troubled period for Biden. He has failed to push through his high-spending infrastructure bills, has seen election reform stall, is grappling with the largest illegal immigration crisis in U.S. history, and appears unconcerned about spiking inflation.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
1  seeder  Moose Knuckle    3 years ago

The show appears to be over folks.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2  Greg Jones    3 years ago

Sitting in his Delaware basement, eating ice cream in the dark....

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3  Sparty On    3 years ago

I see my dad in him almost every time he talks.  

My father is in a dementia ward right now.  

The similarities are striking unfortunately

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    3 years ago

I think we saw this same article or a very similar one a couple days ago. 

Rasmussen is not a reliable poll source. It has been right wing -centric for years. 

seemingly befuddled with the crisis in Afghanistan.

To me, if anything Biden seems almost too sure of himself. He doesnt seem befuddled , he seems like someone who is wondering why everyone doesnt agree with him. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @4    3 years ago

A sure sign of senility.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1    3 years ago

no it isn't.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.2  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @4    3 years ago
To me, if anything Biden seems almost too sure of himself. He doesnt seem befuddled , he seems like someone who is wondering why everyone doesnt agree with him. 

Because he is a mighty mental midget. His policies lead directly to disasters that will take years to recover from. He likes to think he is smart; gets proven wrong repeatedly; and is too stupid and arrogant to learn. 

If only he had aides that were smart enough to do the job; but they were hand picked by Biden. Enough said.

The only thing I want to hear Biden say is, "What do you mean I am impeached!"

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @4    3 years ago

Rasmussen is one of the most reliable of all the polling organizations.  

Hallux
PhD Principal
4.3.1  Hallux  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.3    3 years ago

Only a few weeks before an election. FOX polls are far more reliable.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.3.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.3    3 years ago
Rasmussen is one of the most reliable of all the polling organizations.

Even if it were, which it's not, who the fuck cares about random people opinions which are not based on any actual knowledge of what's happening in the white house? Why should I care that a bunch of bitter conservatives 'believe' is happening?

"Not only has his average approval rating fallen below 50%, the lowest of his presidency,"

This was a rather funny statement since they avoid mentioning that even at just below 50% it's still a better approval rating than his predecessor ever enjoyed.

JBB
Professor Principal
5  JBB    3 years ago

I just saw Biden on TV. He seemed totally in control.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JBB @5    3 years ago

Person … Woman … Man … Camera …TV.  

I bet Biden could do even better.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  Tessylo    3 years ago

The majority of trumpturdians agree

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

At least this DQs Trumps retarded ass as well, he is like a cunt hair younger. Glad to see folks finally acknowledging that at a certain point people are too fucking old be in certain positions… SCOTUS, I am looking at you. Congress, you’re next.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8  Split Personality    3 years ago

Think of it like this.  Jumping out of a perfectly good airframe is an insane thing to do to win a war or get your kicks.

( it is a hoot after the first time you survive )

Joe Biden committed, he jumped and there is no going back.

Unbeknownst to the moronic American press and many anti Biden people,

special ops has been retrieving people from embassy, business and hotel roof tops for a week 

with no press coverage.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.1  Split Personality  replied to  Split Personality @8    3 years ago

Mr. Dowd was quoted here somewhere because he went from being a Democrat prior to 1999

Then a Republican in the Bush Administration until 2007

now an Independent since 2008 as if this nullifies his political observations.

As I said on this morning many in the media have not had perspective on Afghanistan.
For example more than 20000 people have been evacuated from there without a single loss of an American life.
At same time 5000 Americans have died from Covid and 500 have died from guns.
It's all about perspective, context and political bias.

Not that anyone is complaining, but why are diesel prices dropping so much?

The basic answer is that there’s a pretty big jump in domestic oil production combined with a decreased worldwide demand for crude. The price of North Sea Brent crude oil has fallen to roughly $91 per barrel, which is the lowest its been in more than two years and more than 20% lower than its year-to-date high total of $115, which came on June 19. Prior to the most recent decline, average monthly Brent spot prices traded within a $5 per barrel range, from $107 to $112, for 13 consecutive months through July.

While there have been substantial oil supply disruptions in the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), those were offset by increases in U.S. production and lower global demand. And recently, Libyan oil production resumed, which combined with the weakened outlook for global oil demand means diesel prices will remain down for the foreseeable future.

Early in the year, total energy consumption was 3% above consumption for the early part of 2013, but consumption growth has been outpaced by increases in total energy production, which lead to a 17% reduction in net imports compared with the first six months of 2013, according to the EIA.

This afternoon in my off the beaten path in Texas, diesel fuel was a fraction lower than unleaded regular gas at $2.84 per gallon.

Local stations are running out of diesel.  Nobody is patting Biden on the back because he has relatively little control over OPEC

but let the regular gas price rise to $3.85 and you would thinl the world is ending because Joe Biden stutters.

btw I paid $57.00 for 16 gallons of premium. @ $3.60 and I own shares of Shell.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
8.2  Jack_TX  replied to  Split Personality @8    3 years ago
Unbeknownst to the moronic American press and many anti Biden people,

special ops has been retrieving people from embassy, business and hotel roof tops for a week 

with no press coverage.

That doesn't make it very much better.  You don't thank the person saving you from the rooftop of your burning house if they're the ones who set it on fire to begin with.

We had control of the streets.  We could have spent months or years in an orderly, safe withdrawal of Americans and allies, allowing people to walk or drive themselves to airports in complete safety.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.2.1  Split Personality  replied to  Jack_TX @8.2    3 years ago
That doesn't make it very much better.  You don't thank the person saving you from the rooftop of your burning house if they're the ones who set it on fire to begin with.

Oh good grief Jack...  One would have thought that out of all 345,000 security forces and tens of thousands of government workers, some one could have said to an American, "It's all arranged, a peaceful return to power has all been paid for by the Taliban.

We had control of the streets. 

No "we did Not", Afghan police controlled the streets, poorly.  First order of business everyday, look for someone to shakedown

to get a bribe. At least the Taliban offered receipts for tax purposes.

We could have spent months or years in an orderly, safe withdrawal of Americans and allies, allowing people to walk or drive themselves to airports in complete safety.

Apparently not.  Even with 2,500 combat troops to cover Kabul for three shifts a day = 833 combat troops per shift?

The Taliban had 18 months to accomplish a nearly peaceful takeover.

Hopefully it lasts another week.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
8.2.2  Jack_TX  replied to  Split Personality @8.2.1    3 years ago
No "we did Not", Afghan police controlled the streets, poorly.

We had enough control of them that people could get to the airport without special operations forces to "retrieve" them.

Apparently not. 

Well... we certainly could have.

Hopefully it lasts another week.

I'm not optimistic.  There is less reason every day for the Taliban to behave themselves.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.2.3  Split Personality  replied to  Jack_TX @8.2.2    3 years ago

Actually I see it the opposite.  The closer they get the more they stand to gain.

The last thing any one wants to see is another aircraft of evacuees or troops crash like in Vietnam.

Because this time we still have B52s and drones that can easily take down the Presidential palace.

On the last day I hope there is plenty of CAP and a dozen circling AC-130 gunships brought in to discourage

ISISK and the Taliban.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
8.2.4  Jack_TX  replied to  Split Personality @8.2.3    3 years ago

You may be right, and I really, really hope you are.

I'm just concerned the Taliban will be thinking "they're not sending troops back in, no matter what we do", and see it as a chance to get a few parting shots in. 

I fear the following few weeks in Afghanistan will be sort of like a combination of the French Revolution and the Visigoth sack of Rome.  I'm not how that could have been avoided, but it's going to be ugly, nonetheless.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.2.5  Split Personality  replied to  Jack_TX @8.2.4    3 years ago

Apparently there were 2 suicide bombers today, after which ISIS gunmen opened up around the Abby gate.

USMC and Taliban fighters were briefly allied in fighting off the terrorists.

Some of the hard core ISIS clowns think the Taliban are too soft and not religious enough.

They are concentrated in force near the Pakistan border reportedly in easy targets.

Hopefully we retaliate with those drones or B52s.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
10  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

After watching Biden’s five hour late public teleprompter reading, it’s clear he isn’t healthy.  He’s not going to serve out this term

Gazoo
Junior Silent
10.1  Gazoo  replied to  Sean Treacy @10    3 years ago

Hell no, it was clear to many during the campaign he wouldn’t last a full term.