╌>

Trump 'maybe not that bright,' says Alex Jones after the former president defended vaccines

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  42 comments

By:   Brian Niemietz (MSN)

Trump 'maybe not that bright,' says Alex Jones after the former president defended vaccines
Jones also claimed the COVID vaccines would "create mutants" and that Trump was being duped by the mainstream scientific community.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Donald Trump's defense of COVID vaccines is not going over well with some supporters, including far-right conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, who questioned the former president's brain power after a speech in Alabama Saturday where Trump was booed for saying he'd been vaccinated.

According to Jones, the 45th president is caving into pressure from CNN — the cable channel Trump calls "Fake News" — to get inoculated.

"(CNN president) Jeff Zucker snaps his fingers, and Trump clicks his heels and hops up there at attention and says, 'How high do you want me to jump, boss?' " Jones said Sunday before playing a clip of Trump's weekend speech.

BB1fkb7h.img?h=542&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=1617&y=850

In this Sept. 5, 2018, file photo, Alex Jones speaks outside of the Dirksen building of Capitol Hill in Washington. (Jose Luis Magana/)

Some supporters of the former president in Cullman, Ala., booed when he told them that he respects their "freedoms," but added, "I recommend take the vaccines. I did it. It's good. Take the vaccines."

In a clip published by watchdog group Media Matters for America, Jones called Trump a "good person" but said he needed to be held to account for his vaccine advocacy.

"B.S., Trump," Jones said. "That's a lie."

He also claimed the COVID vaccines would "create mutants" and that Trump was being duped by the mainstream scientific community.

"Shame on you, Trump, seriously," Jones said. "If you don't have the good sense to save yourself and your political career, that's OK. At least you're going to get some good Republicans elected, and we like you. But my God, maybe you're not that bright. Maybe Trump's actually a dumba--."

Trump devotees boo as the former president suggests vaccines in Alabama

Jones welcomed candidate Trump to his "Infowars" program in 2015 at which time the GOP hopeful described his host's reputation as "amazing" and vowed, "I will not let you down."

In addition to having claimed the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre was a hoax and the 9/11 attacks were an inside job, Jones claimed in 2020 that his line of "Superblue" and "Supersilver" products protected against COVID-19. That prompted the FDA to send Jones a letter warning him that his unproven elixirs were being sold in violation of the law.

In a tape leaked in March, Jones, who has backed Trump's unsubstantiated claims of fraud in the 2020 election, said he wished he "never would have f---ing met Trump."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Every now and then Jones has to prove he is still the king of the morons. Trump gives him a run for his money though. 

Freewill
Junior Quiet
1.1  Freewill  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago
Every now and then Jones has to prove he is still the king of the morons.

Well he was right this time if he said that Trump is, "Maybe not that bright".  However, the fact that he said it for the wrong reasons does cement his position as the king of morons.  It is very difficult to believe that Alex Jones is serious with some of the shit he says.  He is either a master shock jock giving Howard Stern a run for his money, or a complete imbecile giving, as you mentioned, Trump a run for his money.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Freewill @1.1    3 years ago

He is an imbecile who became rich identifying people more imbecilic than he is. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Freewill @1.1    3 years ago

But Howard is wayyyyyyyy funnier

Freewill
Junior Quiet
1.1.3  Freewill  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.2    3 years ago

I don’t know.  Watching Jones go full on bat shit crazy, face turning red, veins bulging on his forehead, and mouth foaming at the corners is pretty damn funny.  I can see Jack Nicholson playing Jones in his biopic…. Gimme the bat Wendy!….

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Freewill @1.1.3    3 years ago

I guess that depends on if you find intentionally funny funnier or unintentionally funny funnier.

I can go both ways

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.2    3 years ago

I thought Howard Stern was funny way back in the day when he was on DC 101.

After that, when he got his syndicated show, it was nothing but T&A.

BORING!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

Alex Jones is an idiot.  Of course Trump is going to tell people that he got the vaccine.  It was developed on his watch largely by his initiative. He also said it was up to each person to use their rights to make their own choice. That Jones can’t accept that position shows the extremist in him.  He and the cram the vaccine down everyone’s throats whether they want it or not are equally evil extremists on the issue.  Jones is flat out anti vax and blames it one every malady known to mankind.  Some of my relatives treat me to him whenever I try to persuade them to get the vaccine.  Trump is right.  People should get the vaccine.  People should make up their own mind to take it or to mask up.  Jones deals with too much conspiracy stuff which drowns out the mainstream conservative things he does advocate for.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.1  Krishna  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2    3 years ago
 People should get the vaccine.  People should make up their own mind to take it or to mask up.

You realize, of course-- that those are 2 contradictory statements..???

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Krishna @1.2.1    3 years ago

No, it’s not.  In my opinion , people should make the choice to take the vaccine.  I got it and recommend it.  I will never compel another to do likewise.  The freedom and liberty we have as Americans to make free will decisions in our lives is not a contradiction except to the progressives and the elitists.  

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1.2.3  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.2    3 years ago

I got it and recommend it.  I will never compel another to do likewise.

How nice that you are so friendly to the virus. While you aren’t compelling people to eradicate this human murdering scourge by getting vaccinated, it is taking advantage of your kindness by replicating and mutating into worse and worse forms to kill you and all the people you pretend to care about.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2    3 years ago

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.2.5  bbl-1  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2    3 years ago

What is a 'mainstream conservative' thing?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

There's no doubt about it . . .whatshisname is a fucking incompetent moron

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  Krishna    3 years ago

He's a fine one to talk! I mean, like...Alex Jones is like not exactly the brightest bulb in the Chandelier (to coin a phrase jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png )

Freewill
Junior Quiet
2.1  Freewill  replied to  Krishna @2    3 years ago

Other idioms or phrases that might apply to Mr. Jones:

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

A few bananas short of a bunch.

His elevator fails to ascend to the top floor.

Couldn't reason his way out of a paper bag.

Dumb as a bag of hammers.

Not playing with a full deck.

Sharp as a marble.

Thick as pig shit.

Or as they say in Monty Python and the Holy Grail - "A tiny brained wiper of other people's bottoms!"  As it were....

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Freewill @2.1    3 years ago

You forgot "One can shy of a sixpack."

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.1.1    3 years ago

Ten fries short of a Happy Meal.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.1.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Freewill @2.1    3 years ago

not the sharpest Hoe in his tool grabbin box of lies shed as stated by the tears read, as they tear away the fake facade of someone stupider than a mutha fckn SHis Kabob in on a Putin Knob turnin ole Don the Ho boy on and ready to go   DOWN  town  in the rural areas, to claim his porcelain thrown out the window like the big baby he iz, wipin off all his chin, jiz throwin out the bathed water of the biggest baby , without a hesitation, cause he is the reason, for cause cessation in one ignorant fckn Alex Jones Nation of A whole Lot, stuck in park, and remaining inthe dark, and it is rather stark

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Freewill @2.1    3 years ago

cheese fell off his cracker

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3  Split Personality    3 years ago

They eat their own...

Hallux
PhD Principal
4  Hallux    3 years ago

Jones takes one for the team and throws self under the bus. More please!

Ender
Professor Principal
5  Ender    3 years ago

So he is pissed that donald actually told people to get the vaccine...

Shallow end of the gene pool there.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

"Don't ever call me smart." DJT

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1  Krishna  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6    3 years ago

You can call me anything...but don't call me late for dinner!

Donald Trump SUPERSIZE diet revealed: Can YOU out-eat the fast food president? 

FUELLED by mounds of fast food, 12 cans of Diet Coke, scant sleep, frequent bouts of rage and up to eight hours of TV, Donald Trump’s daily lifestyle sounds like a recipe for a cardiac arrest. The 70-year-old’s only exercise is the odd round of golf and even then he takes a buggy around the course. ( Express )

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  Krishna @6.1    3 years ago

512 384 384

384 384

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.2  Krishna  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6    3 years ago

No one has to call him smart-- he's perfectly capable of doing it himself!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Krishna @6.2    3 years ago

So you know more about construction than anyone ahole?  Your failed wall proves otherwise.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    3 years ago

Omg, do you need drugs to be this insane?

Or maybe you just need to take some “ quail egg concentrate .” 

original

He’ll put that in his body, but not a rigorously tested vaccine.

freepress
Freshman Silent
8  freepress    3 years ago

Ha,ha,ha,ha! Wow! You mean even this insane right wing pundit propagandist has seen the light? Not exactly, since he still fails to come to the realization that Trump has seen a significant drop off in his grifting of donations due to red state surges of covid that happen to be decimating Republican voters.

It was never about being "smart", it was always about the money and how much money could be stolen from the Republican base. Spew right wing talking points and start up the money vacuum cleaner. Trump was only savvy about how to grift, not actually smart since he's even losing those who finally abandon him or are lost to Covid.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9  XXJefferson51    3 years ago

[deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9    3 years ago

NewsTalkers, where it is not allowed to say positive things about a certain former President of the United States,  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1    3 years ago
where it is not allowed to say positive things about a certain former President of the United States,

Why on earth would anyone be inspired to do that? 

Trump was no damn good the day he came down that golden escalator in Trump Tower, and its been all downhill since then. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1    3 years ago

It had no value in a seed that is about Alex Jones saying trmp isn't very smart.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
9.1.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1    3 years ago
where it is not allowed to say positive things about a certain former President of the United States

You're allowed to say it as long as it's not intended as trolling the other members. But even if it was just pure adoration and rosy comments about the former President, making such statements is like extoling the virtues and fragrance of a hot, fly infested run down gas station bathroom that had just been visited by a family that had gotten violently sick after eating some bad pastrami and had it coming out both ends and there was no toilet paper, paper towels or functional flushing toilets... It's just not something you can say many positive things about.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.1.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.1    3 years ago

I disagree.  Trump did a great job as our President, we love what he got done, and we are going to bring him back as our President.  Trump 2024!  We are going to MAGA again!  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.1.5  XXJefferson51  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.2    3 years ago

It most certainly did.  I’m simply disagreeing with what Jones said by saying how great Trump is.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.1.6  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @9.1.3    3 years ago

You are not a mind reader and have absolutely no right whatsoever to determine the motives of a member for censorship purposes.  

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
10  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

He looks so constipated in that photo.  Or maybe he’s just in pain from the double mastectomy.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @10    3 years ago

Bad Hal! Bad Hal!

Freewill
Junior Quiet
10.2  Freewill  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @10    3 years ago

Jesus!  Hal, please pass the brain bleach!

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
11  bbl-1    3 years ago

No biggie on this.  Jones knows alot about morons and the moronic.  He is an expert.  He surrounds himself with them.