╌>

Candace Owens Sued For $20 Million In Defamation Lawsuit, And We Are Literally Unsurprised

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  3 years ago  •  14 comments

By:   Tanay Hudson, Madamenoire

Candace Owens Sued For $20 Million In Defamation Lawsuit, And We Are Literally Unsurprised

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

0b19caf0-d503-11eb-9fdf-c2036cc14e56

Tanay Hudson Wed, August 25, 2021, 11:14 AM 750d1b62940f0bd495e57f2017abeea3 "Candace" Hosted By Candace Owens

Source: Jason Davis / Getty

Candace Owenshas a bad habit ofbashingher naysayers online and now she may have to pay for it. The political commentator is being sued by another Black conservative for defamation.

According to The Baltimore Sun , Kimberly Klacik, a former Republicans congressional candidate, is suing Owens for defamation in a $20 million lawsuit. Klacik claimed that because of comments Owens made about her in an Instagram video in June, she not only lost a book deal butfellow politicians are no longer backing her fundraising events. In a 44-minute video, Owens accused Klacik of being a stripper, running a fraudulent charity called Potential Me, tax fraud, money laundering, campaign fraud, paying vendors to “move money off the books,” recruiting strippers for a strip club that Klacik’s husband owns and using drugs.

“Baseless character assassination has no place in political dialogue‚” Klacik’s lawyer Jacob Frenkel told The Sun . “The defendant chose to use her huge social media platform to attack a respected Baltimore political figure; we are using the proper forum – the power of the courts – to respond. The detail in Ms. Klacik’s lawsuit speaks for itself.”

The suit noted that Klacik has asked Owens to remove the video more than once and she refuses to do so. In the video, Owens said she couldn’t confirm any of the claims she was making about Klacik, but that didn’t stop her slandering her.

“She has falsely accused me, private citizens & businesses of federal crimes so I would like this to play out in court rather [than] social media,” Klacik tweeted back in June.

The lawsuit also claimed that Owens continues to “continues to support and encourage the harassment” of Klacik.

Klacik and Owens’ beef began over not agreeing about President Joe Biden’s decision to make Juneteenth a federal holiday.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    3 years ago

I'm no fan of Klacik but good for you!  Sue the know nothing bitch.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @1    3 years ago

meh, her husband can afford it.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2  Ed-NavDoc    3 years ago

IMO Klacik strikes me as just another sore loser trying to make a buck off this.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2    3 years ago

But Ed, if it is really not true, then it merits being sued. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2    3 years ago

What I see is Owens not wanting to share the block. It's all hers and woe be to any one who tries to upstage her

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.2.1  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2    3 years ago

there can only be one queen on the token throne...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @2.2.1    3 years ago

more aptly put

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @2.2.1    3 years ago

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    3 years ago

I see Candace Owens flaming out in the next year or two.  She is an obvious grifter with an obnoxious personal manner and I think even conservatives will grow tired of her. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @3    3 years ago

Yeah, whatever happened to Zircon and Polyester - you know who I'm talking about!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @3.1    3 years ago

They are regulars on NewsMaxTV.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @3.1    3 years ago

"Zircon and Polyester"

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.1.3  Hallux  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.1    3 years ago

Ah yes, NewsMaxTV ... a.k.a. GriftMaxTV

JBB
Professor Principal
4  JBB    3 years ago

Good! Where do all these lying assholes get off?