Noem rips conservative writer Matt Walsh over 'horrible misogyny'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 weeks ago  •  16 comments

By:   Max Greenwood (MSN)

Noem rips conservative writer Matt Walsh over 'horrible misogyny'
South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R) fired back at conservative podcaster and writer Matt Walsh on Wednesday over comments he made about her appearance that she described as "horrible misogyny."Walsh made the comments in a video in which he criticized Noem, a potential 2024 presidential candidate, over her decision not to ban businesses from implementing coronavirus vaccine requirements, a step that has been taken by several other Republican...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R) fired back at conservative podcaster and writer Matt Walsh on Wednesday over comments he made about her appearance that she described as "horrible misogyny."

AAM3E9y.img?h=450&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=423&y=139

Walsh made the comments in a video in which he criticized Noem, a potential 2024 presidential candidate, over her decision not to ban businesses from implementing coronavirus vaccine requirements, a step that has been taken by several other Republican governors.

"No use for Kristi Noem," Walsh said. "Kristi Noem is a very attractive woman, so she's got that going for her."

"As far as I can tell that's the only reason why she was ever looked at as some sort of 2024 potential front-runner," he added. "The hype and everything that she's gotten from conservative media is entirely based on the fact that she's an extremely attractive woman, which she is."

Those remarks prompted a response from the governor.

"Instead of engaging in a debate about the proper role of government and how it isn't conservative to tell people how to do business, @MattWalshBlog stooped to horrible misogyny," Noem tweeted.

"Eyes up here, Matt," she added.

Instead of engaging in a debate about the proper role of government and how it isn't conservative to tell people how to do business, @MattWalshBlog

stooped to horrible misogyny.

Eyes up here, Matt. pic.twitter.com/n5xO0uVsaf
- Governor Kristi Noem (@govkristinoem) August 25, 2021

Walsh hit back at Noem, accusing her of referencing a clip from Media Matters, a liberal nonprofit known for scrutinizing right-wing media, and omitting context from his remarks.

Do you often take clips from Media Matters, cut them down to remove context, and then use them to hit conservatives, or is this your first time?
- Matt Walsh (@MattWalshBlog) August 25, 2021

In other tweets, Walsh doubled down on his comments about Noem, which he called "an obvious truth," and accused those who were offended by his remarks of being "a bunch of ridiculous, whiney babies."

I said that Kristi Noem only gets hype because she's attractive. Lots of people, including Kristi, were offended by these remarks. I've had a chance to reflect on this and after much thought I just want to say I'm deeply sorry that you're all a bunch of ridiculous, whiney babies.
- Matt Walsh (@MattWalshBlog) August 25, 2021

A Newsweek reporter contacted me to see whether I regret using "misogynistic language" about Kristi Noem. He said he wanted to give me a chance to "clarify" my comments for his article. Here was my response. pic.twitter.com/4mMoK7tXs3
- Matt Walsh (@MattWalshBlog) August 26, 2021

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 weeks ago

Noem is dreaming if she thinks taking a pro-feminist position , about anything, will get her any Republican votes. 

evilgenius
Professor Guide
1.1  evilgenius  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 weeks ago

Her comments were on what role government should play in business and not feminism. The reporter however was trying to cast her (and by extension all women) as only worth their looks. Yes, that's an opinion many alt+right populists hold. Not all Republicans.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    3 weeks ago

Sarah Huckabee Sanders was not asked to weigh in on the subject of beauty and GOP political candidates. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 weeks ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3  Trout Giggles    3 weeks ago

Did I read that right? He also criticized her for not restricting private business from instituting vaxx mandates for their employees?

I think he got up on the wrong side of the republican bed that morning

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    3 weeks ago

I think he was complaining that she refused to issue an order prohibiting companies from instituting mask and vaccine mandates. 

In other words Matt Walsh wanted her to do the same thing Abbott did in Texas. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    3 weeks ago

I thought Abbott only issued that for state and local authorities. He didn't over reach to private business, so Walsh is not only wrong but he is stupidly wrong

Split Personality
PhD Principal
3.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    3 weeks ago

I posted a link in another comment somewhere where she has waffled on throwing her weight behind SD legislation

"Draft 55" legislation proposed for 2022 which would make vaccine mandates  & vaccine passports illegal.

evilgenius
Professor Guide
3.2  evilgenius  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    3 weeks ago
He also criticized her for not restricting private business from instituting vaxx mandates for their employees?

That's the far right populist opinion these days.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  evilgenius @3.2    3 weeks ago

What happened to free enterprise and capitalism? I guess government over reach is ok now

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2.1    3 weeks ago

Just for the alleged conservatives/gqp.  

evilgenius
Professor Guide
3.2.3  evilgenius  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2.1    3 weeks ago
What happened to free enterprise and capitalism? I guess government over reach is ok now

It's like anything else with these people, it's only good when it favors their position. It adds to the faux persecution complex that everyone except their god is against them.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  seeder  JohnRussell    3 weeks ago

I'm waiting for Trump to say she wears too much makeup.  I think its coming if she polls too high. 

Tacos!
Professor Expert
5  Tacos!    3 weeks ago
“Very attractive . . . Extremely attractive”

Wow, this guy is crushing pretty hard, huh.

"No use for Kristi Noem,"

Yeah, that’s a not a surprise. The hard core partisans hate it when someone thinks for themselves, and Noem has a habit of doing that.

Here she is on Tucker Carlson’s show as he tries to attack her for not toeing the party line, even on an issue they basically agree on. Why? Because she dared to think about the matter using her own brain. 

evilgenius
Professor Guide
5.1  evilgenius  replied to  Tacos! @5    3 weeks ago
The hard core partisans hate it when someone thinks for themselves...

Yep... Toe the line or they pull your card. Doesn't matter if it's the far right or the far left - they operate with the same tortured logic.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Principal
6  Hal A. Lujah    3 weeks ago

“Eyes up here, Matt.”

Matt:  ”But … but … boobs down there.”