╌>

Mom of Marine who died in Kabul attack: Biden voters ‘killed my son’

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  54 comments

By:   Jorge Fitz-Gibbon (New York Post)

Mom of Marine who died in Kabul attack: Biden voters ‘killed my son’
Kathy McCollum, the mother of a US Marine killed in Thursday's terror bombing outside Kabul's airport, claimed that Americans who voted for President Biden "just killed my son."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The mother of a US Marine killed in Thursday's terror bombing outside Kabul's airport claimed that Americans who voted for President Biden "just killed my son."

Kathy McCollum, whose 20-year-old son, Rylee, was among 13 US service members killed in the attack, told SiriusXM talk show host Andrew Wilkow on "The Wilkow Majority" show that she blamed the "dementia-ridden" president for his death, Newsweek reported.

"Twenty years and six-months-old, getting ready to go home from freaking Jordan to be home with his wife to watch the birth of his son, and that feckless, dementia-ridden piece of crap just sent my son to die," she told Wilkow.

"I woke up at 4 o'clock this morning," McCollum said. "Two Marines at my door telling me that my son was dead.

"I just want all you Democrats who cheated in the election, or who voted for him legitimately, you just killed my son," she claimed. "With a dementia-ridden piece of crap who doesn't even know he's in the White House, who still thinks he's a senator.

Afghanistan_Bombing_US_Troops.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=718

"So, I'm gonna try to calm down," she added. "Sorry."

Meanwhile, donations for Rylee McCollum's widow and unborn child had risen to nearly $500,000 as of Sunday morning, the Associated Press reported.

Two separate fundraisers for the slain Marine's family totaled $487,000.

McCollum, who is from Bondurant, Wyo., was on his first deployment when he was killed in the terror explosion.

The blast on Thursday in the Afghan capital killed more than 180 people in all and came as US and allied forces scramble to evacuate thousands from the airport.

The rush to evacuate comes after US forces near the deadline to withdraw from the war-torn country after a protracted 21-year occupation — with US-armed Afghan forces fleeing in the face of an onslaught by the extremist Taliban.

1234884965.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1024

The terror group ISIS-K has been blamed for carrying out the attack.

On Sunday, a US airstrike took out another would-be suicide bomber near the airport and a rocket struck the capital city farther north, killing a child.

The Pentagon has warned that another terror attack is "imminent."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

I feel sorry for her son that died, but my sympathy for the mother went out the window when she implied the Democrats stole the presidential election. 

Just another deluded Trumpster. 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1  Gordy327  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

I would blame the Taliban for the bombing. They did it after all. Blaming Biden is just an emotionally based knee jerk reaction.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Gordy327 @1.1    3 years ago

For the sake of argument, lets suppose it is Bidens fault.  How many thousands of US soldiers have died through the years decades and centuries because of "mistakes" by their superiors? It is doubtless a sizable number. We dont generally see the grieving parents blaming anyone a few days after the incident. 

The mother was obviously anti Democrat and anti Biden and most likely strongly pro Trump long before her son was killed, and she would have served his memory better by staying completely quiet. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gordy327 @1.1    3 years ago

The now gold star mother was right about everything she said.  

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.3  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.2    3 years ago

Just a meaningless, partisan declaration.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.4  Gordy327  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    3 years ago
For the sake of argument, lets suppose it is Bidens fault. 

Biden will bear the responsibility of the withdrawal results. But he's hardly at fault.

How many thousands of US soldiers have died through the years decades and centuries because of "mistakes" by their superiors?

According to the Defense Casualty Analysis System (DCAS), There have been 2,349 US military casualties (not counting wounded) during the US invasion of Afghanistan from 2001-2020. 

It is doubtless a sizable number.

The DCAS breaks it down. Yes, it is quite sizeable. 

We dont generally see the grieving parents blaming anyone a few days after the incident. 

I remember the time when one woman who blamed and demanded an explanation from former President G.W. Bush as to why her son was killed in action. 

The mother was obviously anti Democrat and anti Biden and most likely strongly pro Trump long before her son was killed, and she would have served his memory better by staying completely quiet. 

Regardless of her political position, solely blaming Biden is disingenuous.  

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
1.1.5  goose is back  replied to  Gordy327 @1.1    3 years ago
I would blame the Taliban for the bombing. They did it after all. Blaming Biden is just an emotionally based knee jerk reaction.

Biden created the circumstances that led to the bombing with the insane logistics of his withdrawal. 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.6  Gordy327  replied to  goose is back @1.1.5    3 years ago

How? By deciding to withdraw? I'd say it has more to do with poor military planning and logistics, outside of Biden's purview. 

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
1.1.7  goose is back  replied to  Gordy327 @1.1.6    3 years ago
outside of Biden's purview.

He's Command and Chief, he made the call.  If he doesn't have enough common sense to know that you don't close an Airforce base, you don't take the troops out before you get your US citizens and other important people out then he shouldn't be President. 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.8  Gordy327  replied to  goose is back @1.1.7    3 years ago
He's Command and Chief, he made the call. 

Very good jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif . And?

If he doesn't have enough common sense to know that you don't close an Airforce base, you don't take the troops out before you get your US citizens and other important people out then he shouldn't be President. 

Are you implying the CIC plans the operations, the logistics, and micromanages military operations?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.9  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Gordy327 @1.1.6    3 years ago
outside of Biden's purview.

I guess you missed the several times where Biden admitted he made the call that lead to this clusterfuck in Afghanistan.  There was a plan in place.  Both parties were working toward that goal.  But, because the Democrats, just had to sit there and color, decided that the plan in place had to go strictly based on who set it up.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.10  Gordy327  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.9    3 years ago

My question in post 1.1.8 is applicable here too.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.11  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Gordy327 @1.1.10    3 years ago

I guess you missed the parts (yes, plural) where the Coward in Chief stated this was his decision?  Your attentive skills are slipping.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.12  Gordy327  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.11    3 years ago

Spare me the snark! Biden decided to withdraw., which was the correct and long overdue decision IMO. But the President does not handle the planning, implementation, or logistics of withdrawal or military action. That falls to military leaders. Hence, my previous question.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.13  Ozzwald  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.11    3 years ago
I guess you missed the parts (yes, plural) where the Coward in Chief stated this was his decision?

Ordering "make it so", just puts the job onto others to plan.  POTUS may be the captain of the ship, but it is other's jobs to steer and run the engines.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.14  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.13    3 years ago

So you did miss Biden's statements.  Enough said.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.15  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Gordy327 @1.1.12    3 years ago
Spare me the snark!

You had the option to move on.  You didn't.  Your feelings are none of my concern.  As such with the fact you missed Biden's statements as well.

But the President does not handle the planning, implementation, or logistics of withdrawal or military action.

So with that aspect, Obama didn't kill bin Laden.  

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.16  Gordy327  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.15    3 years ago
You had the option to move on.  You didn't.  Your feelings are none of my concern.  As such with the fact you missed Biden's statements as well.

Oh pardon me. I thought we were having a serious discussion. But if you're only interested in taunting and juvenile remarks, then perhaps I will move on.

So with that aspect, Obama didn't kill bin Laden.  

No, he didn't. A SEAL team did. Or do you think Obama planned every aspect of that operation for the SEAL's?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

[deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2    3 years ago

Why are you posting a link to the seeded article? 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2    3 years ago

[Deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.1    3 years ago

[Deleted]

The article's title was updated after John seeded it, as is quite clear from the URL.  I have updated it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.3    3 years ago

I seeded the article with "Fetch Seed". 

I should report your link as trolling. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.2.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.4    3 years ago

Do it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.6  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.2.5    3 years ago

The problem has been addressed. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

She’s right.  

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.3.1  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.3    3 years ago

So Biden set off the bomb?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.3.2  Split Personality  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.3    3 years ago

She has the unique excuse of being in mourning for a child she bore 20.5 years ago.

She would be just as angry if he died from Covid or at some intersection on his motorcycle,

just not at Joe Biden.

What's your excuse XX?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.3.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Split Personality @1.3.2    3 years ago

If he had died from the CV would she have blamed Trump....No.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.4  Ozzwald  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.3    3 years ago
She’s right.

It was war.  Her son died during an active war.  Shouldn't she be blaming the person that started the war, not the one stopping it?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.4  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

She had this part spot on.

The mother of a US Marine killed in Thursday's terror bombing outside Kabul's airport claimed that Americans who voted for President Biden "just killed my son."

Kathy McCollum, whose 20-year-old son, Rylee, was among 13 US service members killed in the attack, told SiriusXM talk show host Andrew Wilkow on "The Wilkow Majority" show that she blamed the "dementia-ridden" president for his death, Newsweek reported.

"Twenty years and six-months-old, getting ready to go home from freaking Jordan to be home with his wife to watch the birth of his son, and that feckless, dementia-ridden piece of crap just sent my son to die," she told Wilkow.

who voted for him legitimately, you just killed my son," she claimed. "With a dementia-ridden piece of crap who doesn't even know he's in the White House, who still thinks he's a senator.

The left just can't take hearing the truth. She can take solace midterms are coming; and Democrats can be made to pay for Joe Hiden Biden.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.4.1  Ender  replied to  Ronin2 @1.4    3 years ago

How about we blame the bombers.

Or would that be a bridge too far...

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.4.2  Ronin2  replied to  Ender @1.4.1    3 years ago

The bombers took advantage of the indefensible situation that Biden put the marines in. 

Karzai Airport was never intended for this. It is not a defensible position. It was the only option left thanks to months of stupid mistakes by the Biden Administration. Which didn't stop when the marines were inserted into the airport. Putting the Taliban in charge of security for US forces. Sharing information with the Taliban on who we wanted let through their checkpoints. Sharing information with the Taliban about the imminent terrorist attack. Didn't do any good did it? Maybe the Taliban were too busy harassing those we wanted to get out; instead of doing a detailed search for a terrorist seeking to kill US forces. I am sure the Taliban are heart broken over our loss.  

Of course Democrats never take responsibility for anything. It will always be someone else's fault. In their world there is no such word as "preventable"; unless they are bitching about those US citizens that remain unvaccinated (without ever trying to find out the individual reasons). 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.4.3  Split Personality  replied to  Ronin2 @1.4.2    3 years ago

Tell me.

If we had reconstituted Bagram with 20,000 troops and contractors to facilitate an evacuation.

What would keep suicide bombers from doing the same exact thing?

What would keep them from launching rockets at the base and planes?

If we came out of the airport and cordoned  off 8 blocks in every direction, or 16 blocks,

what would stop the suicide bombers from driving up to a US or British check point

and detonating themselves or a car bomb?

"preventable" just isn't a word in Dari.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2  Split Personality    3 years ago

Fair winds and following seas, Rylee.

RIP

May your Mom someday find the peace she needs.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3  XXJefferson51    3 years ago

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3    3 years ago
“And I just want all you Democrats who cheated in the election or who voted for him legitimately: You just killed my son.”

If she keeps going she'll look more like Mike Lindell than a gold star mother. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    3 years ago

[deleted]

shona1
PhD Quiet
4  shona1    3 years ago

Morning..his dream his whole life was to be a Marine...at least he got his wish.

Unfortunately it has turned out not the way anyone expected... but that is life, tomorrow is never guaranteed.

Sympathy to his family and friends from across the Pacific. 🇦🇺🇺🇲

Ender
Professor Principal
5  Ender    3 years ago

Sounds like she is just placing blame in the easiest direction.

I guess it worked if they raked in close to a mil.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6  Ed-NavDoc    3 years ago

It's called a parent's grief and pain on the loss of a child. Sometimes that is niether logical or makes sense. Sometimes people in her shoes sometimes just want to lash out in search of a reason for their loss. I lost my only son four years ago, I can sympathize with her.

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1  Ender  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6    3 years ago

Did you blame Obama?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Ender @6.1    3 years ago

No, I did not and had no reason to as my son's death was not military related. I have nothing further to say to you.

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Ender  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.1.1    3 years ago

Not surprised. 

Yet here you are trying to compare..

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
7  FLYNAVY1    3 years ago

And just whom did we blame back in 1983 for the Beirut Marine Barracks bombing?

You raise your hand, say "do solemnly swear", put on the uniform, and voluntarily put yourself in harms way.   This young man's death had meaning.  You can't say that for training accidents where down the chain of command, negligence takes the lives.  Examples would be the Iowa explosion, or the Marines we lost in amphibious vehicles off San Diego last summer.

I feel for the mother, and for the fact that another one of my brothers in uniform has lost his life.  I hope that once the mother's grief subsides, that her objectivity will return.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @7    3 years ago
negligence takes the lives.

And this negligence starts at with the Coward in Chief and runs down the chain of command. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

I'm sorry for this mother and the loss of her son. I hope someday she finds peace

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
9  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

The poor guy is rolling in his grave right now wishing his mom would shut the fuck up.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @9    3 years ago

His two sisters and his dad went on Fox and Friends this morning to complain about Biden too.