╌>

JD Vance Claims Alex Jones More Credible Than Rachel Maddow

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  33 comments

By:   Ken Meyer (Mediaite)

JD Vance Claims Alex Jones More Credible Than Rachel Maddow
JD Vance decided to make the claim that conspiracy theorist Alex Jones "is a far more reputable source of information than Rachel Maddow.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Ken MeyerSep 5th, 2021, 4:11 pm Twitter share button <?php // Post Body ?>

Hillbilly Elegy author and Republican Senate candidate JD Vance decided to make the claim that conspiracy theorist Alex Jones "is a far more reputable source of information than Rachel Maddow ."

It all started on Thursday when Maddow promoted a news story on Twitter that reported "Patients overdosing on ivermectin backing up rural Oklahoma hospitals." Ivermectin is the horse de-worming medicine that has been promoted byright-wing commentators lately as a treatment for the coronavirus, even though public healthofficials say there's no little data suggesting its viability as an anti-Covid drug.

"Patients overdosing on ivermectin backing up rural Oklahoma hospitals, ambulances"

"'The scariest one I've heard of and seen is people coming in with vision loss,' he said."https://t.co/P909GtxBQZ

— Rachel Maddow MSNBC (@maddow) September 2, 2021

Maddow has been running coverage on dubious promotions of ivermectin for some time now, but as it turns out, the story she promoted from NBC affiliate KFOR has come under question.

The station recently conducted an interview with Jason McElyea , a doctor in Oklahoma who claimed that rural hospitals and ambulance services are backed up dealing with ivermectin overdose cases. This, in turn, creates a strain on resources that makes it harder to provide treatment for patients with Covid or other health problems.

McElyea said he was observing this phenomena around eastern and southeastern Oklahoma hospitals, and his story drew traction in the media over the last few days. Over the weekend, however, the Northeastern Health System - Sequoyah released a statement over the weekend that raises questions about McElyea's reliability as a source. They say that McElyea hasn't worked at their Sallisaw location "in over 2 months," that the NHS Sequoyah is not one of the hospitals treating people for ivermectin overdoses, and that they haven't been forced to turn people away from emergency treatment.

The messiness surrounding the story prompted Glenn Greenwald (who recently apologized after dunking on Chelsea Manning's attempted suicide) to complain why Maddow's tweet hasn't been flagged for "disinformation." This was noticed by Vance, who had this to add:

"Alex Jones is a far more reputable source of information than Rachel Maddow. One of them is censored by the regime. The other promoted by it."

Alex Jones is a far more reputable source of information than Rachel Maddow.

One of them is censored by the regime. The other promoted by it. https://t.co/zPtXWMTQj9

— J.D. Vance (@JDVance1) September 5, 2021

Little reminder: Jones built his entire public career out of spearheading groundless claims and ludicrous conspiracy theories. Jones has advanced claims that 9/11 was an inside job, pushed the Pizzagate conspiracy theory, and he infamously tormented the families of Newton massacre victims by fueling claims that the whole event was a staged hoax. Most recently, Jones held a show on Infowars where he supposedly ingested ivermectin while calling Dr. Anthony Fauci a "murderer."

Watch above to see KFOR's story with McElyea.

Have a tip we should know? tips@mediaite.com

Filed Under: Alex JonesJD VanceRachel Maddow Previous PostNext Post Previous PostNext Post

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

JD Vance is a ridiculous person. 

Rachel Maddow did not invent the story. All she did was report it. The story originated on an Oklahoma television station. 

The story, which originally appeared in  Oklahoma's KFOR-TV news
Rolling Stone forced to issue an 'update' after viral hospital ivermectin story turns out to be false | Fox News

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

He may have his silly moments but he’s much more reliable than mr. Maddow is.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1    3 years ago

No one who has a good word for Alex Jones is reliable. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1    3 years ago

I would trust a fart after downing a gallon of prune juice long before I would trust anything Mrs. Jones says. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    3 years ago

The cheese slipped off that cracker a long time ago

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
1.2  goose is back  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago
Rachel Maddow did not invent the story.

Is Maddow a mindless idiot that just repeats things others write or say. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2  bbl-1    3 years ago

So the J.D. Vance guy spouts an opinion.  Still want to know why these guys carry the Trump/Putin water.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3  Ed-NavDoc    3 years ago

Personally, I believe Rachel "Mad Dog" Maddow and Alex "The Lunatic" Jones are both equally despicable  individuals. I would not choose one over the other! And J.D. Vance is right on the same level.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3    3 years ago

[Deleted]

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    3 years ago

Why, because I refuse to back your choice of Maddow? What is so wrong with not liking any of them?

So out of curiosity, why do say I'm losing it? 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.1.1    3 years ago

You did dare to disagree…

epistte
Junior Guide
3.2  epistte  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3    3 years ago

I'm not going to say that Rachel doesn't have a bias but what she says can be backed up with facts. Alex Jones is a few pills short of the asylum.  The current GOP have rejected facts and will follow anyone who is crazy and unethical enough to tell them what they believe is the truth. The more outlandish the claim the more rank and file conservatives seem to support it.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.2.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  epistte @3.2    3 years ago

I'm not disagreeing with you about Maddow, but I do not agree with your statement about the GOP. Your statement seems to imply the GOP as a whole and I feel it is unfair to try to paint all with the same brush. Not all GOP are the same any more than all Democrats are.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.2.3  bbl-1  replied to  epistte @3.2    3 years ago

Are facts in themselves a bias?

epistte
Junior Guide
3.2.4  epistte  replied to  bbl-1 @3.2.3    3 years ago

Facts are objective and without a bias, unless you want to admit to be willfully ignorant, a liar and illogical.

It's completely your choice.

epistte
Junior Guide
3.2.5  epistte  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.2.2    3 years ago

How many people claim to be current members of the GOP  and also publicly reject the policies of Donald J. Trump?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.2.6  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  epistte @3.2.5    3 years ago

To be honest, I don't know the total numbers. I can however speak for myself in that I am neither Republican nor Democrat. I am a registered right leaning Independent who has never really liked not supported Trump, but I disliked the crop of Democrats running in the last presidential election even less. That includes the man who won fair and square and currently sits in the big chair in the Oval Office. I respect the office of the president, but there is no law that says I have to respect the person occupying the position, and I don't.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2.7  Split Personality  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.2.6    3 years ago

Been there done that.

Respect the pay grade/office, not always possible to respect the officer.

Always stop and respect the flag for which so many dedicated and gave their lives.

jrSmiley_124_smiley_image.gif

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.2.8  bbl-1  replied to  epistte @3.2.4    3 years ago

My point is that there are some who will not--can not accept fact because it is nefarious to their view.  For them facts are a bias and the untruth is the fact.  Against this there is no defense.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.2.9  bbl-1  replied to  epistte @3.2.5    3 years ago

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3    3 years ago
both equally despicable  individuals. I would not choose one over the other! And J.D. Vance is right on the same level

“We had floods in Texas like fifteen years ago, killed thirty-something people in one night. Turned out it was the Air Force.”

"Jones" "insisted that a May 2013 tornado that killed two dozen people and left more than 200 injured may have been orchestrated by the government, which he said “can create and steer groups of tornadoes.”

“The reason there’s so many gay people now is because it’s a chemical warfare operation, and I have the government documents where they said they’re going to encourage homosexuality with chemicals so that people don’t have children,” - Alex Jones

"Jones" claimed "that the 2012 shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School that left 26 dead, including 20 children between six and seven years old, was a hoax that employed so-called “crisis actors.”

Please link any Rachel Maddow conspiracy theories you think can match or beat the crazy coming from Alex Jones and we can compare. Otherwise it's just a biased "well, I hate the left so I just assume Maddow is as crazy as our right wing nut jobs like Alex Jones...".

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.3.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.3    3 years ago

My biggest beef with Maddow is that she will cheerfully and hatefully go after anybody who is a conservative and disagrees with with her liberal left worldview plain and simple. In short, I just don't like the way she does things.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.3.2  bbl-1  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.3.1    3 years ago

What is 'the liberal left' world view?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.3.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  bbl-1 @3.3.2    3 years ago

That's a trap question and you know it. Sorry, I'm not playing. Good night.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.3.4  bbl-1  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.3.3    3 years ago

You can't play because you don't know the answer to my question.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.3.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.3    3 years ago
"Jones" "insisted that a May 2013 tornado that killed two dozen people and left more than 200 injured may have been orchestrated by the government, which he said “can create and steer groups of tornadoes.”

Really. So why how did a large Air Force base in Kansas (McConnell?) get destroyed? Lots of jets around to herd those tornadoes away from the base.

yep...time for Alex to take a vacation....to a padded room

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.3.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.3.3    3 years ago

Not really. I mean, you have your ideas on what the liberal left world view is. Wouldn't you want to back up your statement with a few of your ideas on what the libbie left is?

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     3 years ago

What “cure” is Jones selling this week? Is he still telling everyone that “sandy hook” was fake?

I’m no Maddow fan but when it comes scum Jones is in class by himself.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Kavika @4    3 years ago

No, Biden and his supporters and voters that that prize hands down!  

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Kavika   replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1    3 years ago

So half or more of NT members are scum according to you how hypocritically Christian of you.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    3 years ago

I wouldn’t watch either one of them. Although, credit where credit is due, Jones did break the gay frog story. Props, Bro!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6  MrFrost    3 years ago

Not even Alex Jones would agree with J.D. 

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
7  Freefaller    3 years ago

Lol, just two question

1) Who are JD Vance, R Maddow and A Jones?

2) Why should I care about any of them?