╌>

Far Right Wacko Horowitz Puts His Finger On The Motivation For Jan 6

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  28 comments

Far Right Wacko Horowitz Puts His Finger On The Motivation For Jan 6
Instead of eliminating racism against racial minorities, the "aggrieved" white right wants to cloak themselves in victimhood, thus we get the uproars against Black Lives Matter, 1619 Project, critical race theory, and other movements that have addressed racism in the past few years. 

David Horowitz is the honcho at the fringy "Frontpage Mag" which cannot be used as a source for links on Newstalkers because it is "extreme". But I came across a quote from Horowitz that I think completely explains the current "patriot" mindset, and is the core belief of the Jan 6 insurrectionists.

" any patriotic American not seduced by the Black Lives Matters’ lies knows that the opposite is the truth. Anti-white racism, and ignorant attacks on the American founding – these constitute the greatest existential threat to America. The fact that Black Lives Matter’s racist fictions make up the crippling doctrine of our military leaders should awaken everyone to the menace we face. There never has been a greater threat to our patrimony and freedom since the darkest days of the Civil War."
Political Editors: In Brief: The Greatest Existential Threat to America | The Patriot Post

Yes Horowitz believes that anti-white racism is the greatest existential threat to America. Same thing that many in the Jan 6 mob believe. 

Instead of eliminating racism against racial minorities, the "aggrieved" white right wants to cloak themselves in victimhood, thus we get the uproars against Black Lives Matter, 1619 Project, critical race theory, and other movements that have addressed racism in the past few years. 

The main impetus for this pushback is to resist blunt reality, the white population of America is shrinking in relation to the non white. As if this is some sort of crime or calamity. 

Horowitz is one of these people who completely conflates social justice on racial issue with communism.  Its like he wants two bites at the apple - he wants to condemn Black Lives Matter because "anti white racism" is the biggest existential threat to America, and he also condemns it because he feels it is communist. 

This approach signifies the desperation of those who feel they are losing their country to the future. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

I am afraid America does not know how to confront this issue. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

So...how should America handle this "issue"?   Please share your wisdom

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    3 years ago

White America needs to acknowledge the WIDESPREAD nature of its racist past. It was not a "local" thing, or a southern thing, or something confined to a certain era. It has always been here, and as the demographics change a "reckoning" must occur. 

Then we can move on. 

There is nothing wrong with the 1619 Project and it does not seek to destroy America. Get over it. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    3 years ago

It appears that some members here feel that racism no longer exists and also prefer to live in the past - around the 1950s when everything was rosy for the whites.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    3 years ago

Racism is definitely not a regional thing. I was raised in the north and it was very endemic there

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.4  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.3    3 years ago

I live in Chicago , almost universally seen now as a "liberal" city, and I can tell you there are tens of thousands of white racists in Chicago (although I think relatively few of them are liberals). I dont believe there has ever been a time when there was not racism in the north. 

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.3    3 years ago

When I was a teenager in Maryland, there was a city there that at one time had the largest KKK membership in the US...

I know where MD stood during the past yet almost every state is Northern to me...Haha

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @1.1.5    3 years ago

Was it Hagerstown? For some reason that rings a bell

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.6    3 years ago

It was Gamber.

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
1.1.8  Duck Hawk  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.3    3 years ago

I was raised in NE Ohio. It was very open in churches, policing and division of communities (wrong side of the tracks mentality).

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  Duck Hawk @1.1.8    3 years ago

You weren't raised far from where I was raised. I was raised in Western PA

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.10  devangelical  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    3 years ago
So...how should America handle this "issue"?   Please share your wisdom

hollow points for white supremacy inspired domestic terrorists.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

It was a riot that the Capitol police should have been prepared for and should have prevented.

Are democrats really thinking they are going to save themselves in 2022 with this?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    3 years ago

Are there any mean tweets on the topic? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    3 years ago

You mean calling on people to “PEACEFULLY & PATRIOTICALLY march to the Capital?”  Or was it “I know how you feel, but go home and go home in peace."

Gee John, how can we twist that?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    3 years ago

After the riot started Trump did not comment at all for hours. When he did he told his mob to "remember this day forever". 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    3 years ago

It also appears that the alleged conservatives think they're going to beat us in a landslide in 2022 and 2024.  

KEEP DREAMING!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    3 years ago

AND FOR THE DOMESTIC TERRORIST SCUM WHATSHISNAME INCITED MOB TO STAND BACK AND STAND BY!

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.1.5  SteevieGee  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    3 years ago
When he did he told his mob to "remember this day forever". 

And now they want us to forget it.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
3  Nerm_L    3 years ago

So, in La La Land the riot at the Capitol was racist?  That seems to be an attempt to make the irrelevant irrelevant.

Democrats don't need Black politics at the moment.  That's why BLM has been shoved into the back closet.  And no amount of warped nonsensical revisionation is going to make Black politics relevant.  Democrats won't need Black politics until the next election when they need to stir the pot of division.

Joe Biden is blaming Americans for the shortcomings of his own administration.  That's the most important Democratic priority at the moment.  The summer of violence served its purpose to put Democrats' old white guy in the White House and return power to the old white Democrats in Congress.  The Black population just needs to keep quiet until they are needed again.

Democrats are relying on the Black population not recognizing systemic racism if it smacked them in the face.  Democrats have had 200 years of experience with racial politics; Democrats know when and how to use racism for their advantage.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Nerm_L @3    3 years ago

The history of racism in America is not connected to any election cycle. Talk about irrelevant ! Look at your own comment. 

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
3.1.1  Nerm_L  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    3 years ago
The history of racism in America is not connected to any election cycle. Talk about irrelevant ! Look at your own comment. 

No?  The history of racism in American always leads to the Democratic Party.  Democrats protected slavery.  Democrats founded the Ku Klux Klan.  Democrats imposed Jim Crow.  Democrats demanded segregation.  Democrats built Pruitt-Igoe.  Cite the most vitriolic racial screeds against Blacks in history and a Democrat will have said it more often than not.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Nerm_L @3.1.1    3 years ago

That's all you have - irrelevance and nonsense.  Plus, deflection, projection, and denial.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.3  Split Personality  replied to  Nerm_L @3.1.1    3 years ago

Yes, Nerm, pre 1964 conservative Democrats were so evil.  Since Lincoln's GoP emancipated the slaves,

you would think all Blacks would have been Republicans until the end of the ages, right?

Why is the opposite the truth?

Almost two-thirds of blacks identify as Democrats, with most of the rest identifying as independents. Only 5% of blacks nationwide identify as Republicans.

The Dems last conservative gasp was defeating a Civil Rights bill sponsored by Reps in 1960.  In 1964 they passed a nearly identical bill written by a Dem.  The South went nuts and began flipping to conservative GoP candidates.  At the center was the KKK because white blood is thicker than politica.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
3.1.4  Nerm_L  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.3    3 years ago
Yes, Nerm, pre 1964 conservative Democrats were so evil.  Since Lincoln's GoP emancipated the slaves,

you would think all Blacks would have been Republicans until the end of the ages, right?

Why is the opposite the truth?

The 1964 Civil Rights Act promised Equal Employment Opportunity; not Equitable Employment Opportunity.  Democrats promised the Black population affluence.  Democrats' civil rights legislation since 1964 has always been about the money; public money.

Democrats provided income security, food security, health security, equal access to the best schools, equal access to the best jobs, and equal accommodation.  Democrats never promised any sort of equity or justice.  Democrats bought support from the Black population with the public treasury.  The only thing the Black population had to agree to and accept was perpetual disadvantage.

That's why today's Black activism is mercenary.  Black activists demand more publicly funded programs and benefits to address disadvantages that Democrats have ensured will never go away.  Democrats' civil rights have forced the Black population into a condition of permanent and perpetual disadvantage.  And Democrats can sustain support from the Black population with the public treasury because the Black populations' perpetual disadvantage will always require government intervention forever.

The riot on Jan. 6 at the Capitol was directed toward that political government that has created perpetual disadvantage.  The rioters weren't there to attack Black people.  The riot was not about race relations.  The riot on Jan. 6 did threaten the political system that thrives on the perpetual disadvantage of the Black population.  Black activists have overlaid their mercenary desires onto the riot as an effort to protect benefits from the government and to obtain more benefits from the government.  The Black population has become so dependent upon government that any threat against that government becomes an existential threat to the Black population.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.5  Split Personality  replied to  Nerm_L @3.1.4    3 years ago

Horowitz?  Is that you?

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Ender  replied to  Nerm_L @3.1.4    3 years ago

Saying that the Black population relies on the government sounds like a racist thing to say to me....

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Nerm_L @3    3 years ago

The most relevant thing you are able to allege is that HISTORICALLY both parties have exhibited racism. Which just shows how widespread the prejudice has been.