╌>

Unhinged Newsmax Host Cuts Off and Yells at Veteran for Mildly Criticizing Trump

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  3 years ago  •  22 comments

By:   Justin Baragona, The Daily Beast

Unhinged Newsmax Host Cuts Off and Yells at Veteran for Mildly Criticizing Trump

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Justin Baragona Thu, September 16, 2021, 12:33 PM 07b060c906389f59d91f28f58321b5af Newsmax

Newsmax host Grant Stinchfieldabsolutely lost his mind Wednesday night when a veteran helping Americans and Afghan allies flee Afghanistan offered the mildest of criticism of former President Donald Trump.

Joe Saboe, an Iraq War veteran whorecently founded the rescue organization Team America, appeared on Stinchfield’s eponymous Newsmax program to discuss his group’s efforts in assisting those looking to escape Afghanistan following the Taliban takeover.

The first few minutes of the interview went fairly cordially, as Saboe explained how his group’s “digitial Dunkirk” effort has helped hundreds of people get out of the country after Kabul fell last month. At the same time, he openly disagreed with Stinchfield’s claim that the small number of Americans still stuck in Afghanistan constituted a “hostage situation,” largely blaming the issue on coordination problems between the State Department and Taliban.

Eventually, thevehemently pro-Trump Newsmax hostbegan prodding Saboe to criticize the Biden administration for the chaotic withdrawal from Afghanistan and the evacuation crisis that followed.

“I think you and I can both agree this never needed to happen. If the government knew what it was doing, we wouldn’t have Americans in this situation,” Stinchfield said.

“Yeah, I agree with that,” Saboe replied. “I think multiple administrations leading up to this had multiple opportunities to try to set this up for success. And I think that’s not happened, and right now we as a country need to come together and help these people, our allies.”

Stinchfield, meanwhile, took that as an opportunity to heap more praise upon his MAGA icon, saying that “this didn’t happen under President Trump” even though Trump “wanted out of Afghanistan real bad.” He then added that the ex-president didn’t pull out of Afghanistan because “he knew this would happen.” (The Trump administration negotiated the peace agreement with the Taliban in Feb. 2020, which included a promise to reduce troops and eventually withdraw completely by May 1, 2021. It’s also been reported that Trump tried to fully withdraw by Jan. 15 of this year.)

The Newsmax star reiterated that he believes “this is a hostage situation,” and declared his respect for the work Saboe has done in getting Americans out of the country. But the tone wildly shifted as soon as the former Army captain brought up the fact that Trumpdrastically decreasedthe number of special immigrant visas given to Afghan allies.

“We do respect, Grant, that veterans—and I being one—and our friends are over there,” Saboe said. “We follow this closely from multiple administrations, and we know that Trump administration’s efforts here were fairly weak, that they were trying to limit the number of people that would get out and so there were coordination problems.”

An enraged Stinchfield immediately attempted to interject, first claiming they were running short on time before seemingly losing his temper and demanding producers ditch Saboe’s feed.

“Cut him off, please. Cut him off now! Cut him off now,” the conservative host shouted. “You’re not going to blame this on President Trump on my show!”

While pointing his finger into the camera, Stinchfield continued to scream:” I appreciate the work that you’re going. God bless you for being a veteran, god bless you for trying to get Americans out, but don’t come on this program and take the talking points of the left and blame President Trump! That’s not helping anybody.”

The former NRA-TV host would continue his tirade a while longer—despite previously claiming he was out of time. He complained that Saboe didn’t call Americans stuck in Afghanistan “hostages” while lecturing the war veteran, whom he had just kicked off the air, for not fully blaming the entire situation on the Biden administration.

“I’m mad about that, man. I really am!” Stinchfield fumed in conclusion.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    3 years ago

Eventually, the      vehemently pro-Trump Newsmax host       began prodding Saboe to criticize the Biden administration for the chaotic withdrawal from Afghanistan and the evacuation crisis that followed.

“I think you and I can both agree this never needed to happen. If the government knew what it was doing, we wouldn’t have Americans in this situation,” Stinchfield said.

“Yeah, I agree with that,” Saboe replied. “I think multiple administrations leading up to this had multiple opportunities to try to set this up for success. And I think that’s not happened, and right now we as a country need to come together and help these people, our allies.”

Stinchfield, meanwhile, took that as an opportunity to heap more praise upon his MAGA icon, saying that “this didn’t happen under President Trump” even though Trump “wanted out of Afghanistan real bad.” He then added that the ex-president didn’t pull out of Afghanistan because “he knew this would happen.” (The Trump administration    negotiated the peace agreement with the Taliban in Feb. 2020   , which included a promise to reduce troops and eventually withdraw completely by May 1, 2021. It’s    also been reported    that Trump tried to fully withdraw by Jan. 15 of this year.)
The Newsmax star reiterated that he believes “this is a hostage situation,” and declared his respect for the work Saboe has done in getting Americans out of the country. But the tone wildly shifted as soon as the former Army captain brought up the fact that Trump      drastically decreased       the number of special immigrant visas given to Afghan allies.

“We do respect, Grant, that veterans—and I being one—and our friends are over there,” Saboe said. “We follow this closely from multiple administrations, and we know that Trump administration’s efforts here were fairly weak, that they were trying to limit the number of people that would get out and so there were coordination problems.”

An enraged Stinchfield immediately attempted to interject, first claiming they were running short on time before seemingly losing his temper and demanding producers ditch Saboe’s feed.

“Cut him off, please. Cut him off now! Cut him off now,” the conservative host shouted. “You’re not going to blame this on President Trump on my show!”

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @1    3 years ago

So much for allowing Mr Saboe to have his say. What is that the NT cons are always bitching about? That we don't allow them to talk or have opinions?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1    3 years ago

more true believer freedumb on display...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    3 years ago

What a dick!

He said he was running short on time yet continued to suck whatshisnames . . . . . . .

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Why would any decent intelligent person go on that garbage show? 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @3    3 years ago
Why would any decent intelligent person go on that garbage show?

Only one reason, so they can hear exactly what they want to hear.  The truth, ofttimes, is inconvenient.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4  Trout Giggles    3 years ago
Stinchfield, meanwhile, took that as an opportunity to heap more praise upon his MAGA icon, saying that “this didn’t happen under President Trump” even though Trump “wanted out of Afghanistan real bad.” He then added that the ex-president didn’t pull out of Afghanistan because “he knew this would happen.” (The Trump administration  negotiated the peace agreement with the Taliban in Feb. 2020 , which included a promise to reduce troops and eventually withdraw completely by May 1, 2021. It’s  also been reported  that Trump tried to fully withdraw by Jan. 15 of this year.)
emphasis mine
Of course it didn't happen under trmp! He didn't even try to get Americans or the troops out of there! Why do people like this Stinkfield treat us like we're stoopid?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @4    3 years ago

Again, what a Dick!  Saying that anyone there now are 'hostages'.  

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
4.2  1stwarrior  replied to  Trout Giggles @4    3 years ago

US to withdraw 2,200 troops from Iraq by end of September

Didn't happen?

Ender
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Ender  replied to  1stwarrior @4.2    3 years ago

Your link says page not found.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  1stwarrior @4.2    3 years ago

Just post a link from Fox so they can deny it and say it is fake news.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @4.2.1    3 years ago

what link?

Ender
Professor Principal
4.2.4  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.2.3    3 years ago

1st put up a link to the BBC for something that is not found on their site.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @4.2.4    3 years ago

Ah. Thank-you. I see it now. It just so darn small

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.6  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.2    3 years ago

american-money-lincoln-memorial-cent-260nw-1768179146.jpg

Ender
Professor Principal
5  Ender    3 years ago

Proof to me that assholes like him could actually care less about people in Afghanistan.

They only want to blame and point fingers for political purpose.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1  devangelical  replied to  Ender @5    3 years ago

2 reasons. they're back filling for when trump really abandoned the kurds, and most can't tell the difference between the afghans and any other brown people.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    3 years ago

I guess if you’re running a partisan show, don’t interview a guy unless you know exactly what he’s going to say.

The fact is people have been trying to get out of Afghanistan for a long time and multiple administrations have been very slow to help them. That includes both the Trump and Obama administrations.

Still, this guy didn’t need to lose his mind. It’s really a minor criticism because we weren’t pulling out completely before 2021 and so it wasn’t such an urgent matter. I have to believe somebody at the State Department knew we were slow-walking applications, and arguably, Biden could have expedited applications before the last planes left. You can make that analysis without going full-psycho.

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1  JBB  replied to  Tacos! @6    3 years ago

I agree. Who are you and what became of Tacos?

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
7  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

He went from zero to a hundred in the time it takes a fart to leave a fan.  I still don't know what set him off like that.  What a tool!

JBB
Professor Principal
8  JBB    3 years ago

A hallmark of cults is you cannot fault the leader!

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
9  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

No sympathy for the guest.  You lie down with dogs, you wake up with fleas.