Poll: majority now believe that Joe Biden is kind of an idiot

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  texan1211  •  3 weeks ago  •  234 comments

By:   Becket Adams

Poll: majority now believe that Joe Biden is kind of an idiot
President Joe Biden's presidency is not going as smoothly as he probably hoped it would.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

President Joe Biden's presidency is not going as smoothly as he probably hoped it would.

© Provided by Washington Examiner

Only 43% of respondents in a survey conducted between Sept. 13-19 believe the phrase "mentally sharp" describes Biden "well."

This represents an 11-point drop from March, when Pew found 54% of respondents said "mentally sharp" was a fitting descriptor for the president.

On top of the border crisis, cratering approval numbers, infighting among congressional Democrats, incompetent federal health officials bumbling their way through the coronavirus pandemic, and the chaotic, disorderly withdrawal from Afghanistan, there's also a growing consensus the president is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, according to new Pew Research Center polling data.

A majority of respondents in Pew's most recent survey (56%) said "mentally sharp" either describes him "not at all well" or "not too well."

As if the steep decline in public opinion of the president's smarts was not embarrassing enough, it turns out Biden's mental acuity specifically is where Pew found the sharpest drop in all of his polled personal characteristics.

"Positive evaluations of several of Biden's personal traits and characteristics have shown similar decreases," Pew reports. "Compared with March, fewer adults say Biden cares about people like them, and fewer describe him as standing up for his beliefs, honest, a good role model and mentally sharp."

It adds, "Biden receives his least positive assessments for being mentally sharp. Currently, 43% say this describes Biden very or fairly well, an 11-point decline since March."

Put more simply, the longer the president is in office, the dumber people think he is. And it's likely not because of any single issue. The White House is the major leagues, as a former vice president, of all people, ought to know. His every move and action is now under scrutiny. He has to think on his feet and respond in real-time to real-life crises. The public can see now how Biden comports himself as the commander in chief. It's not just a theoretical game anymore. He can't just promise to do better than the last guy. He is actually expected to deliver, and to deliver competently and efficiently.

So far, the public apparently isn't impressed.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    3 weeks ago

I bet the WH is in a tizzy, trying to figure out how to stop the bleeding before the midterms.

Just Jim NC TttH
Senior Principal
1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Texan1211 @1    3 weeks ago

According to our local "expert" we shouldn't count on the mid terms. You know the old stick your fingers in your ears and yell la la la la la la la.

Tunnel vision and wishful thinking ...........and stupid.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Participates
1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @1    3 weeks ago
I bet the WH is in a tizzy

Was the Trump administration "in a tizzy" when those who actually knew and worked for the Donald had such a low view of him?

He's “like an 11-year-old child”— Steve Bannon.

Working with Trump is “like trying to figure out what a child wants”—White House deputy chief of staff Katie Walsh

“The White House has become an adult day care center”—Republican senator Bob Corker of Tennessee

“Morally unfit to be president,” “unethical” and “untethered to truth”—former FBI director James Comey, who also compared the US president to a mafia boss.

“Less a person than a collection of terrible traits” "an idiot surrounded by clowns" and he's "dumb as shit" —Trump’s former chief economic adviser Gary Cohn.

He's "a fucking moron" - former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson

"An idiot with the intelligence of a kindergartner" - former National Security advisor HR McMasters

He's "an idiot" - former chief of staff John Kelly

It's rather funny that conservatives would be clamoring to ridicule our current President because of a poll of people that don't know him personally and aren't ever in the same room with him that think he's "kind of an idiot" when nearly every person who actually got to know the former President that most conservatives voted for thought of him as a moronic petulant kindergartner. Personally I'd take the "kind of an idiot" over moronic petulant kindergartner every time.

[This comment stands.  There are other comments about Trump, including some made by the seeder.  If those are on topic, so is this one.]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.2    3 weeks ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.2    3 weeks ago

You'll need to ask Trump or members of his Administration.

Do you think that Trump is the topic of this article?

Pro tip:

he isn't.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Participates
1.2.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.2    3 weeks ago
Do you think that Trump is the topic of this article?

A poll which is a snapshot in time of whether a President is an "idiot" or not invites comparisons to former Presidents. Approval ratings are compared, policies are compared, and even idiocy can be compared. Trying to pretend that this poll should be viewed in a void without any other Presidential comparisons is moronic. It would be like trying to compare chili pepper heat with only one pepper. How can you determine how hot it is? By just saying "Well right now, without tasting any other peppers, 56% of people say this pepper is the hottest"?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.2    3 weeks ago

But biden supporters and voters are immune to criticism here unlike Trump supporters and voters who are fair game for whatever comes to the minds of our domestic political opposition.  

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
2  JaneDoe    3 weeks ago

Wonder how many think he is just a full blown idiot as opposed to kind of an idiot 

Just Jim NC TttH
Senior Principal
2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JaneDoe @2    3 weeks ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Principal
2.2  Dulay  replied to  JaneDoe @2    3 weeks ago

It's impossible to tell based on the poll data since the term 'idiot' wasn't actually used in the questions. But hey, making up bullshit is the RW way...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @2.2    3 weeks ago

She didn't say anything about the poll.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  Tessylo    3 weeks ago

We know President Biden is not an idiot. We know who must have been polled to reach that bogus conclusion.   

Some folks are dreaming about the midterms (or in serious denial)!  Dream on!

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
3.1  JaneDoe  replied to  Tessylo @3    3 weeks ago
We know President Biden is not an idiot.  

Opinions on that will vary

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  JaneDoe @3.1    3 weeks ago

That’s for sure! I’m all in that he is an idiot. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3    3 weeks ago

You and what other person?

Being gullible isn't a good trait.

I will be here the day after the midterms--will you??

Ed-NavDoc
PhD Quiet
3.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @3    3 weeks ago

He may not be a total idiot, but he has certainly so far not proved himself up to the task regardless of what many Democrats think.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Participates
3.4  MonsterMash  replied to  Tessylo @3    3 weeks ago

Idiots don't think Idiots are idiots.

Gazoo
Sophomore Silent
3.4.1  Gazoo  replied to  MonsterMash @3.4    3 weeks ago

Lmao!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.4.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  MonsterMash @3.4    3 weeks ago

Exactly!  You said it so perfectly well and you are 100% correct. 

Kathleen
Professor Principal
4  Kathleen    3 weeks ago

Biden has made a lot of poor decisions and he hasn’t been in office a whole year yet.  To name a few, the evacuation of Afghanistan, the crisis at the border, inflation etc....

This man is not fit to be in the White House. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Kathleen @4    3 weeks ago
This man is not fit to be in the White House. 

But you think that the man who tried to steal the 2020 election is.  Dont deny it, I know you do. 

Kathleen
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Kathleen  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    3 weeks ago

I am not denying anything. I said I wanted a “Republican” as President. As a matter of fact, I said I did not want Trump as president again. I also said I don’t want a Democrat in the White House.

Prove that I said I want “Trump” specifically to be the President again. 

If you can’t, than back off..... 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    3 weeks ago
But you think that the man who tried to steal the 2020 election is.  Dont deny it, I know you do.

And WHERE did you read that at?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Kathleen @4.1.1    3 weeks ago

Say "Trump is not fit to hold office''. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.2    3 weeks ago

No one is talking to you. 

Right Down the Center
Freshman Silent
4.1.5  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    3 weeks ago

Hmmm, let's see.  On the one hand we have an idiot that should have given up his twitter account since he can't control or filter himself but had several good (not all)policies that were moving the country to a better place.  On the other hand we have an incoherent idiot that has not made one positive decision since he has been in office and we watch the disintegration of America especially in the cities and become a laughing stock abroad.  If those are the only choices.......Donald for 2024.

Kathleen
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Kathleen  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.3    3 weeks ago

So you can’t prove it.... 

Btw, do not tell me what to say.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.7  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.4    3 weeks ago
No one is talking to you. 

No need for deflection if you actually have KNOWLEDGE of her saying what you claim.

So why deflect???????

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.5    3 weeks ago
Hmmm, let's see.  On the one hand we have an idiot that should have given up his twitter account since he can't control or filter himself but had several good (not all)policies that were moving the country to a better place. 

Listen clown, Trump tried to steal the election.  No one gives a shit about his tweets. 

[deleted

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.9  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Kathleen @4.1.6    3 weeks ago

of course not, but hey, it is FAR easier to put words in your mouth and then debate himself over what he invented you claimed.

It is a disgraceful tactic worthy of a junior high debate team.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.10  JohnRussell  replied to  Kathleen @4.1.6    3 weeks ago

Im asking you, right now, to say "Trump is not fit to hold office". 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.11  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.10    3 weeks ago

And she and I asked you to prove your claim.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.12  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.11    3 weeks ago

What claim?  She has a chance right now to say "Trump is not fit to hold office" . That would settle it. She said exactly that about Biden. 

What is the hold up? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.13  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.9    3 weeks ago
It is a disgraceful tactic worthy of a junior high debate team.

You should not use the word "debate" in any of your comments, lest people take you up on it. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.14  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.13    3 weeks ago

You missed the point. How shocking is that?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.15  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.12    3 weeks ago

Why can't you just prove your point by quoting her? It isn't because you invented it, is it??

GregTx
Sophomore Participates
4.1.16  GregTx  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.8    3 weeks ago

[deleted]

Right Down the Center
Freshman Silent
4.1.17  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.8    3 weeks ago

His tweeting is what lost him the election so maybe many more  people cared about his tweeting and character than you want to admit.  As for trying to steal the election an argument can be made that the media and democrats stole the election from Donald by four years of collusion witch hunting, ignoring Hunter's computer and wasting time on meaningless impeachments while ignoring covid (come on down to San Francisco).  You seem to get triggered very easily.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.18  JohnRussell  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.17    3 weeks ago

I see we have a new member who spouts ridiculous nonsense. Well at last you wont be lonely here. 

Right Down the Center
Freshman Silent
4.1.19  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.18    3 weeks ago

Not as long as you are here.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.20  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.8    3 weeks ago

Yeah because 'mean tweets' was the only problem we had with whatshisname

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.21  Tessylo  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.17    3 weeks ago

What character?

All of what you said is meaningless nonsense on top of projection, deflection, and denial.  

P.S. We didn't vote for Hunter Biden.  

Ronin2
Masters Quiet
4.1.22  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.3    3 weeks ago

Trump is far more fit to hold office than Biden. Don't even bother trying to deny it.

Still don't want Trump anywhere near the White House; but if it is a choice between Trump and any POS Democrat; it will be Trump.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.23  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @4.1.22    3 weeks ago

Whatshisname #45 is the biggest steaming pile of shit known to mankind.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.24  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.18    3 weeks ago

Seems all they have is insults right out of the gate.  I haven't seen him around in a while. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Senior Principal
4.1.25  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.18    3 weeks ago

He is far from new here

Right Down the Center
Freshman Silent
4.1.26  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.21    3 weeks ago

If Hunter's laptop would have had no effect on the election why the concerted effort to suppress the information and label it as Russian misinformation?

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
4.1.27  JaneDoe  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.12    3 weeks ago
  She has a chance right now to say "Trump is not fit to hold office" . That would settle it. She said exactly that about Biden. 

Why would she bother John? Trump doesn’t hold any office now but Biden does. Her opinion along with many others is the current President doesn’t seem fit for the job.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.28  JohnRussell  replied to  JaneDoe @4.1.27    3 weeks ago
Why would she bother John? Trump doesn’t hold any office now but Biden does.

Her chance has come and gone. Everyone can see now what she thinks. 

Trump is running for president. It boggles the mind that people keep trying to claim he is now irrelevant. 

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
4.1.29  JaneDoe  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.28    3 weeks ago
It boggles the mind that people keep trying to claim he is now irrelevant. 

Well John, there are people who live in the here and now who wish to discuss the topic, which is a majority of people kind of believe Biden is an idiot.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.30  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JaneDoe @4.1.29    3 weeks ago

trump will continue to live on rent free in the "minds" of some progressive liberals.

The only question really is how long will they be plagued with that kind of "thinking".

Seems like a lifetime may not be out of the question for some of them.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.31  JohnRussell  replied to  JaneDoe @4.1.29    3 weeks ago

If anyone wants to state that Biden is unfit for office, which is very debatable, I think its more than fair to ask them to say that Trump is unfit for office, which is not debatable at all. 

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
4.1.32  JaneDoe  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.30    3 weeks ago
trump will continue to live on rent free in the "minds" of some progressive liberals.

I think some of them secretly voted for Trump and complain about him daily so the company they keep don’t realize it. jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.33  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.31    3 weeks ago
If anyone wants to state that Biden is unfit for office, which is very debatable, I think its more than fair to ask them to say that Trump is unfit for office, which is not debatable at all. 

Doesn't matter. Two different subjects. Two completely different people.

BTFW, the article isn;t about Trump. I have let you stray long enough. Return to the TOPIC or leave, please.

Thanks!

GregTx
Sophomore Participates
4.1.34  GregTx  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.31    3 weeks ago

Just as relevant as asking them to state Carter, Reagan or any other previous president was fit for office in relation to current events huh?

Greg Jones
PhD Expert
4.1.35  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.31    3 weeks ago

Trump did a good job during his term.

Biden so far has been a total disaster

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
4.1.36  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.9    3 weeks ago
of course not, but hey, it is FAR easier to put words in your mouth and then debate himself over what he invented you claimed.

?

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
4.1.37  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JaneDoe @4.1.32    3 weeks ago
I think some of them secretly voted for Trump and complain about him daily so the company they keep don’t realize it.

Oh.  Brother.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.38  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.1.36    3 weeks ago

?

What do I need to explain further?

Kathleen
Professor Principal
4.1.39  Kathleen  replied to  JaneDoe @4.1.32    3 weeks ago

jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png  You just never know....

Jack_TX
Junior Quiet
4.1.40  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.31    3 weeks ago

Soooo.... you believe that if someone wants to express a statement that can only ever be an opinion, you think it's fair to demand that they validate your opinion on a whole different person.....

Because that's not batshit crazy or anything........  

Kathleen
Professor Principal
4.1.41  Kathleen  replied to  JaneDoe @4.1.29    3 weeks ago

That’s all I wanted to do, but some just can’t help bringing this up all the time.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.42  JohnRussell  replied to  Jack_TX @4.1.40    3 weeks ago

Oh , I asked her to say something that would have been very easy to do for someone who believed it. 

Her reluctance or refusal is the answer.  We all know that.   She may appreciate you riding to the rescue though. 

Ed-NavDoc
PhD Quiet
4.1.43  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    3 weeks ago

No matter how you try to spin it otherwise John, we are discussing Joe Biden's performance not Trump's.

Jack_TX
Junior Quiet
4.1.44  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.42    3 weeks ago
Oh , I asked her to say something that would have been very easy to do for someone who believed it. 

Why does she need to believe it?  What difference does Trump make to Biden's intelligence?

Her reluctance or refusal is the answer.  We all know that. 

You mean we all know she doesn't have an unhealthy raving hysterical obsession with Donald Trump?  OK, I'll go with that.  

Ed-NavDoc
PhD Quiet
4.1.45  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.8    3 weeks ago

Some people take things so personally...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.46  JohnRussell  replied to  Jack_TX @4.1.44    3 weeks ago

Your comments to me are completely boring. 

I think it is very legitimate to ask people who claim Biden is unfit to hold office if they believe the same about Trump. 

Since you dont even think the six point plan to steal the election for Trump is worth talking about, we can also see where you are at on the subject of Trump. So what? It is what it is. 

I'll give you my opinion, Biden is fit for office and Trump is not. There are dozens of reasons why I feel this way. 

I'm not much interested in your "above it all" bs. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.47  JohnRussell  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.1.43    3 weeks ago

Should we ask you if you think Trump is fit to hold office? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.48  JohnRussell  replied to  GregTx @4.1.34    3 weeks ago
Just as relevant as asking them to state Carter, Reagan or any other previous president was fit for office in relation to current events huh?

Are you serious? Thats hilarious man. 

Jack_TX
Junior Quiet
4.1.49  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.46    3 weeks ago
we can also see where you are at on the subject of Trump.

No, you can't see it. 

Your own fixation blinds you.  You are unable to bring yourself to say "good riddance" and move on, so you refuse to believe others have done exactly that.  If you see it happening, you engage in an almost maniacal campaign to keep the religion of Trump-Hatred alive.

Like all defeated candidates, Trump is going to fade from relevance if we'll just let him.  He won't do it graciously or quietly, because he's never done anything graciously or quietly.  But as he rages against the dying of his light, the only fuel he'll have will be the attention still paid to him by those too obsessed to see that he no longer matters.

He's one of the greatest attention whores in all the world.  Attention whores are defeated by starving them of that attention.  The more you obsess over him, the stronger you make him and the longer you prolong what little relevance he seeks to maintain.

If you really want to make sure Trump can't possibly win the WH again, find a Democrat worth voting for in 2024 and start talking about why you like them.

GregTx
Sophomore Participates
4.1.50  GregTx  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.48    3 weeks ago

Actually, yes. I'm sorry that Trump has a luxury apartment in your frontal lobe but he has absolutely nothing to do with Biden's presidency.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.51  JohnRussell  replied to  Jack_TX @4.1.49    3 weeks ago

You act like I am the only one on NT that agrees with what I say.   Most of the people here seem to.  

Like all defeated candidates, Trump is going to fade from relevance if we'll just let him.

With all due respect to you, there is absolutely no reason to believe this is true. Donald Trump is addicted to attention. He is no intention of fading away, and we already know that he has mastered the techniques of manipulating his followers. 

Well over half of Republicans currently say he is their choice to be the Republican candidate next time. That is way more than enough to secure him the nomination. 

If you think Trump wont run for president for all of the next 3+ years you are fooling yourself.  He has nothing better to do, and he likes it. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.52  JohnRussell  replied to  GregTx @4.1.50    3 weeks ago

hanging-d-word-boo-text-red-eyeballs-dash-line-thread-happy-halloween-greeting-card-flat-design-black-background-vector-78403409.jpg

Just Jim NC TttH
Senior Principal
4.1.53  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Jack_TX @4.1.49    3 weeks ago
and start talking about why you like them.

Some of our friends can't even do that now with the person of their choice.

Ed-NavDoc
PhD Quiet
4.1.54  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.47    3 weeks ago

Well, that's a no brainer. I personally don't think he is but once again the topic here is Biden and not Trump. You need to deal with and accept that and go on. And by the way, I don't think Biden is fit for office either.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.55  JohnRussell  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.1.54    3 weeks ago
I personally don't think he is

well thats good to know

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.56  JohnRussell  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.1.54    3 weeks ago

I'll tell you exactly why I asked Kathleen that question. 

She said Biden is not fit to hold office.  Ok, thats a personal opinion , but what is the mindset of that opinion? Is it an objective opinion or a biased opinion. Knowing whether a person applies the same judgement to Trump , who is very arguably far far less fit for office than Biden , can illuminate the mindset a little. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.57  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.4    3 weeks ago

Plus some folks comnents, etc.etc. etc.ain't worth a penny

Kathleen
Professor Principal
4.1.58  Kathleen  replied to  Jack_TX @4.1.49    3 weeks ago

You are absolutely correct.  

GregTx
Sophomore Participates
4.1.59  GregTx  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.57    3 weeks ago

Just Jim NC TttH
Senior Principal
4.1.60  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.52    3 weeks ago

B I E S

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.61  Tessylo  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.26    3 weeks ago

Nothing was suppressed. It is all bogus bullshit.  It is deplorable pathetic desperation.  Again, we didn't vote for Hunter.  We voted for Joe and he kicked whatshisname's big fat ass ass as promised.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.62  Tessylo  replied to  JaneDoe @4.1.32    3 weeks ago

NO FUCKING WAY

MonsterMash
Sophomore Participates
4.1.63  MonsterMash  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.57    3 weeks ago
Plus some folks comnents, etc.etc. etc.ain't worth a penny

That's a fact. see comment 3 and 4.1.57 for proof.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.64  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.52    3 weeks ago

I like him much better on ignore.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.65  Tessylo  replied to  MonsterMash @4.1.63    3 weeks ago

NO FUCKING WAY

Ed-NavDoc
PhD Quiet
4.1.66  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Kathleen @4.1.58    3 weeks ago

You got that right!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.67  Tessylo  replied to  GregTx @4.1.59    3 weeks ago

Which has fucking what to do with anything? Or your usual insult?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.68  Tessylo  replied to  MonsterMash @4.1.63    3 weeks ago

That applies to you too MM

Jack_TX
Junior Quiet
4.1.69  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.51    3 weeks ago
With all due respect to you, there is absolutely no reason to believe this is true. Donald Trump is addicted to attention.

So is Kathy Griffin.  It isn't helping her, either.

Well over half of Republicans currently say he is their choice to be the Republican candidate next time. That is way more than enough to secure him the nomination. 

We are THREE YEARS away from that decision, and nobody else has even talked about running.  No prediction is ever correct this far in advance.  At this point in 2013, everybody was convinced Sarah Palin was the favorite for the next Republican nomination.  You will have better luck trying to forecast the weather for election day 2024.

If you think Trump wont run for president for all of the next 3+ years you are fooling yourself.  He has nothing better to do, and he likes it. 

Trump is vain on a level you and I can never imagine, and will not want to endure the ignominy of defeat again.  He's going to spend the next 2 years as the feeble voice crying from the wilderness, growing ever more impotent by the day.  Meanwhile people like de Santis will be in the arena, leading and winning.  Biden is not going to become more robust over the next 3 years, and by 2024 people will not want another dottering old great-grandfather.

The far more likely event is that Trump will bless a new candidate and then take the credit when they win.  On current form, de Santis looks the frontrunner, but it's WAY TOO EARLY to form any intelligent opinion.

Drakkonis
Masters Guide
4.1.70  Drakkonis  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.56    3 weeks ago
She said Biden is not fit to hold office.  Ok, thats a personal opinion , but what is the mindset of that opinion? Is it an objective opinion or a biased opinion. Knowing whether a person applies the same judgement to Trump , who is very arguably far far less fit for office than Biden , can illuminate the mindset a little. 

Well, in my opinion, Trump had good policies but he torpedoed himself with his personal flaws. Biden has mostly bad policies but doesn't put his personal flaws out there like Trump did. Not intentionally, anyway. He's a poor speaker and any honest person has to wonder if he is getting senile, but he doesn't go out of his way to hurt himself the way Trump did. Still, the man doesn't seem to have a very good grasp of anything right now and his presidency is turning into one disaster after another. The man is not qualified for the job. Sorry. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.71  JohnRussell  replied to  Drakkonis @4.1.70    3 weeks ago

People are not fit or unfit to hold office based on their policies. Half the country or more can say they like Bidens policies. 

They are fit or unfit based on their character and their behavior.  And Trump is not fit to be a dogcatcher. 

GregTx
Sophomore Participates
4.1.72  GregTx  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.71    3 weeks ago
Half the country or more can say they like Bidens policies. 

Prove it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.73  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  GregTx @4.1.72    3 weeks ago

he must not have seen how Biden has tanked in his ratings.

Dulay
Professor Principal
4.1.74  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.73    3 weeks ago

Yes, Biden's rating for one week are as low as Trump's highest rating for 4 years. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.75  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @4.1.74    3 weeks ago

yes, the whole article is all about Biden, but brownie points for working Trump in there!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.76  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.3    3 weeks ago

Trump is totally fit to be President!  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.77  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.23    3 weeks ago

#46 is the worst human being that has ever been President of the United States in our entire history.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.78  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.24    3 weeks ago

The insults from the bicoastal secular progressive elites toward Trump and his supporters have been present here since the 2nd half of 2015 non stop. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.79  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.28    3 weeks ago

Show us where he officially declared himself to be a candidate for President of the United States for the 2024 election.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.80  XXJefferson51  replied to  JaneDoe @4.1.29    3 weeks ago

We don’t simply believe biden to be an idiot and a moron, we know that’s exactly who and what he is!  

Gsquared
Junior Principal
4.1.81  Gsquared  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1.76    3 weeks ago

Comment 4.1.76 is delusional.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.82  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.31    3 weeks ago

Trump is a complete and total genius compared to Biden’s mind.  

Gsquared
Junior Principal
4.1.83  Gsquared  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1.77    3 weeks ago

Comment 4.1.77 is even more delusional than Comment 4.1.76, and that one is hard to beat.

Gsquared
Junior Principal
4.1.84  Gsquared  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1.78    3 weeks ago
The insults [blah, blah, blah] toward Trump and his supporters have been present here since the 2nd half of 2015 non stop

... and deservedly so.

Gsquared
Junior Principal
4.1.85  Gsquared  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1.80    3 weeks ago
We don't simply believe biden to be an idiot and a moron, we know that's exactly who and what he is

There is an old saying that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.  

Comment 4.1.80 is proof that zero knowledge is the pride of the truly ignorant.

Gsquared
Junior Principal
4.1.86  Gsquared  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1.82    3 weeks ago
Trump is a complete and total genius

... Live from New York, it's Saturday night!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.87  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gsquared @4.1.81    3 weeks ago

It is President Biden’s supporters who are truly delusional and to blame for all of America’s current problems.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.88  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gsquared @4.1.83    3 weeks ago

Biden’s voters are even worse than his supporters because of the evil they have enabled to befall America.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.89  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gsquared @4.1.84    3 weeks ago

And the debt shall be repaid and in full.  Biden and his enablers fully deserve all that will be dished back and returned that is more than well deserved the next 3+ years.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.90  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gsquared @4.1.85    3 weeks ago

I never said what is attributed to me above.  The post is a lie to attribute all of those words to me.  It takes real ignorance to expect to not be called out on falsely attributing words to another member that were never written.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.91  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gsquared @4.1.86    3 weeks ago

The intelligent and wise among us know that it’s Friday night, or early Saturday morning depending on your Western Hemisphere time zone.  

Gsquared
Junior Principal
4.1.92  Gsquared  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1.87    3 weeks ago

Comment 4.1.87 is more delusional than Comment 4.1 76 and Comment 4.1.77 combined.  That is a rare, heightened level of delusion.

Gsquared
Junior Principal
4.1.93  Gsquared  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1.88    3 weeks ago

Comment 4.1.88 is pretty funny.  Desperate, barely coherent, but funny.

Gsquared
Junior Principal
4.1.94  Gsquared  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1.89    3 weeks ago

Comment 4.1.89 sounds more desperate, and is definitely less coherent, than Comment 4.1.88.  I guess that's negative progress.

Gsquared
Junior Principal
4.1.95  Gsquared  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1.90    3 weeks ago

The only misquoted word in Comment 4.1.85 was "Trump" (see correction), and it certainly wasn't a mistake to call Trump an idiot and a moron.

It takes real ignorance not to expect to be called out [blah, blah, blah]

It takes real stupidity to assume that someone would not expect to be called out, doesn't it?

Gsquared
Junior Principal
4.1.96  Gsquared  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1.91    3 weeks ago

The truly intelligent and wise among us know that calling Trump "a complete and total genius" is a pathetic joke.

The ignorant among us wouldn't understand the reference to "Live from New York, it's Saturday night!".

The sad and desperate among us would feel compelled to announce what day it is, depending on your Western Hemisphere time zone, of course.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.97  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    3 weeks ago

The man who did steal the 2020 election still is in the White House.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.98  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gsquared @4.1.92    3 weeks ago

Alright let’s celebrate !  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.99  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gsquared @4.1.93    3 weeks ago

The truth is still the truth regardless of how little secular progressives like it.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.100  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gsquared @4.1.94    3 weeks ago

Thanks for the compliments.  Keep them coming.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.101  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gsquared @4.1.95    3 weeks ago

I’m not a progressive so I have no experience in what you speak of.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.102  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gsquared @4.1.96    3 weeks ago

It is Biden and those who like him who fail to realize that he is a total fool and an absolute idiot, and the latter make excuses for him in desperation by attacking a truly great American, Donald J. Trump.  

Gsquared
Junior Principal
4.1.103  Gsquared  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1.102    3 weeks ago
a truly great American, Donald Trump

Trump is the furthest thing imaginable from a "truly great American".

dennis smith
Masters Silent
4.1.104  dennis smith  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1.82    3 weeks ago

An earthworm is a genius  compared to Biden

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.105  TᵢG  replied to  dennis smith @4.1.104    3 weeks ago
An earthworm is a genius  compared to Biden

A well-reasoned, adult comment.    Such insight and depth!    256

Dulay
Professor Principal
4.2  Dulay  replied to  Kathleen @4    3 weeks ago
To name a few, the evacuation of Afghanistan,

Trump is the one that made the agreement to evacuate Afghanistan. 

the crisis at the border,

There has been a 'crisis at the border' for a couple of decades. 

inflation etc....

What decision did Biden make on inflation or 'ect'? 

Kathleen
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Kathleen  replied to  Dulay @4.2    3 weeks ago

So Biden had nothing to do with the “way” the evacuation went. He is responsible for 13 service members that lost their lives. Plus all the Afghans that died too. He stood there and looked at his watch as the coffins were being unloaded. 

So Biden is not responsible for 15,000 people staying under a bridge trying to get in. Not to mention the flow of thousands of people trying to get in before that.  

Prices have risen since Biden took office, especially food and gas prices. 

Please! 

You are simply ignoring this and it’s utterly ridiculous that you want to even act like he has nothing to do with it. 

You are totally out of touch. 

GregTx
Sophomore Participates
4.2.2  GregTx  replied to  Dulay @4.2    3 weeks ago
There has been a 'crisis at the border' for a couple of decades.

Feels refreshing doesn't it? Now if you can take the next step and realize that it's the worst its been in a couple of decades.........

Dulay
Professor Principal
4.2.3  Dulay  replied to  Kathleen @4.2.1    3 weeks ago
So Biden had nothing to do with the “way” the evacuation went. He is responsible for 13 service members that lost their lives. Plus all the Afghans that died too. He stood there and looked at his watch as the coffins were being unloaded.  So Biden is not responsible for 15,000 people staying under a bridge trying to get in. Not to mention the flow of thousands of people trying to get in before that.  

Those two statements are strawman fallacies Kathleen. Try harder. 

Prices have risen since Biden took office, especially food and gas prices.  Please! 

You claimed that Biden made decisions. What decision did he make to cause inflation? Oh and please cite the decision he made to cause rising food and gas prices too. 

You are simply ignoring this and it’s utterly ridiculous that you want to even act like he has nothing to do with it.  You are totally out of touch. 

Nope, I am addressing the issues you cited Kathleen, twould be nice if you did the same. 

Dulay
Professor Principal
4.2.4  Dulay  replied to  GregTx @4.2.2    3 weeks ago
Feels refreshing doesn't it? Now if you can take the next step and realize that it's the worst its been in a couple of decades........

Are you saying that after 4 years of Trump's leadership and his Administration spending billions on a border wall that was supposed to 'fix it' the border crisis is only getting worse? 

GregTx
Sophomore Participates
4.2.5  GregTx  replied to  Dulay @4.2.4    3 weeks ago

Are you suggesting that the border crisis isn't the worst its been in 21 years? Or that it has nothing to do with Biden"s actions after taking office?

Dulay
Professor Principal
4.2.6  Dulay  replied to  GregTx @4.2.5    3 weeks ago

Are you asking me a question after ignoring the question I asked you? 

GregTx
Sophomore Participates
4.2.7  GregTx  replied to  Dulay @4.2.4    3 weeks ago

No. See 4.2.5

Dulay
Professor Principal
4.2.8  Dulay  replied to  GregTx @4.2.7    3 weeks ago

4.2.5 doesn't answer my question Greg. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.9  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @4.2    3 weeks ago

you seem to be confusing a withdrawal, which Trump agreed to. and what Biden did, which was evacuate.

GregTx
Sophomore Participates
4.2.10  GregTx  replied to  Dulay @4.2.8    3 weeks ago

My answer was at the beginning of my reply. Let me type it out again more clearly. No I did not say that, you did. Now, if you wouldn't mind, perhaps you could answer at least one of my questions?

Dulay
Professor Principal
4.2.11  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.9    3 weeks ago

A distinction without a difference. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.12  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @4.2.11    3 weeks ago

I can't help anyone who does not see the difference. 

Dulay
Professor Principal
4.2.13  Dulay  replied to  GregTx @4.2.10    3 weeks ago
My answer was at the beginning of my reply. Let me type it out again more clearly. No I did not say that, you did.

No I did not say that.

Now, if you wouldn't mind, perhaps you could answer at least one of my questions?

You've only asked TWO questions of my Greg. I have already answered one, my second answer is the same as yours. 

Dulay
Professor Principal
4.2.14  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.12    3 weeks ago

How did you reach the delusional conclusion that I asked for help Tex? 

There is no difference between Biden's withdrawal and evacuation.

Trump had NO plan and made NO effort to prepare for the evacuation that he signed off on.

But ya, Biden!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.15  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @4.2.14    3 weeks ago

well, once again, I never said you asked for help.

lets rerun that back and see if you can comment on what I actually wrote next time, huh?

Biden is president. it was his fuck up.

GregTx
Sophomore Participates
4.2.16  GregTx  replied to  Dulay @4.2.13    3 weeks ago

[deleted]

Dulay
Professor Principal
4.2.17  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.15    3 weeks ago

Your opinion is noted, unfounded as it may be. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.18  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @4.2.17    3 weeks ago

my opinion is noted?

fan-fucking-tastic!!!!!

yippee!

GregTx
Sophomore Participates
4.2.19  GregTx  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.18    3 weeks ago

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.20  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  GregTx @4.2.19    3 weeks ago

hey, Greg, don't be jealous!!

lol!!

Kathleen
Professor Principal
4.2.21  Kathleen  replied to  Dulay @4.2.3    3 weeks ago

Strawman Dulay really?

You have to face the facts and stop denying that too many disasters after another are happening in only 8 months of his Presidency.   Kamala Harris giggles at the problems instead of facing them. I can tell by the way Biden struggles to speak that he is not with it.  He also constantly blames the last administration on the border that HE created himself by lifting the last policy on it. Then he puts the blame for his border disaster on the previous administration.  Leaving Afghanistan was in agreement with us all BUT  not the disorganized way that caused the death of 13 of our service members. You must agree with at least THAT Dulay.... I mean really... 

Prices of gas and food were not as high during the last administration... gee, I wonder why they are now?  Everyone is noticing it too. You don’t?

So, you would be better off if you tuned into what is happening in the country instead of ignoring it. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.22  JohnRussell  replied to  Kathleen @4.2.21    3 weeks ago
Leaving Afghanistan was in agreement with us all BUT  not the disorganized way that caused the death of 13 of our service members.

Although tragic, the death of 13 soldiers in a hostile environment is not unexpected. One could just as easily argue that Biden should be given credit that the toll was so low while we evacuated 100,000 people from the country. 

No one knows what the death toll would have been had we evacuated from Afghanistan while Trump was president, but it probably wouldnt have been zero. 

Other than that it was chaotic at times, I think the withdrawal from Afghanistan went fairly well. 

It is already receding as an issue in America, as some of us predicted it would. Only the Trump supporters are trying to keep it alive as an issue. 

Kathleen
Professor Principal
4.2.23  Kathleen  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.22    3 weeks ago

There are many people on the left that thought the evacuation was a disaster. So your Trump Supporters tactic does not fly. Even the liberal news stations were complaining about it. It did not go fairly well, because we left people behind. 

Dulay
Professor Principal
4.2.24  Dulay  replied to  Kathleen @4.2.21    3 weeks ago
Strawman Dulay really?

Yes really Kathleen. I'd suggest that you review the concept but I doubt that you would matter. 

You have to face the facts and stop denying that too many disasters after another are happening in only 8 months of his Presidency.

Tell you what, block quote my comment that denied anything Kathleen. Perhaps the fact that CANNOT will help you recognize your use of strawman fallacies

Prices of gas and food were not as high during the last administration... gee, I wonder why they are now?  Everyone is noticing it too. You don’t?

Kathleen, YOU have already stated why gas an food prices are higher. YOU stated that it is because of decisions made by Biden. YET, you continue to avoid actually citing WHAT decision Biden made to cause those price hikes. It's my opinion that you're unable to do so because said decisions don't exist. 

So, you would be better off if you tuned into what is happening in the country instead of ignoring it. 

You would be better off if you addressed my comment and answered questions put to you instead of making personal comments. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.25  JohnRussell  replied to  Kathleen @4.2.23    3 weeks ago

I think a lot of the criticism of Biden during the evacuation of Afghanistan was what is known as public opinion being a "prisoner of the moment". As time goes by I think we will realize it went about as well as could have been expected.  

Ed-NavDoc
PhD Quiet
4.2.26  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.9    3 weeks ago

It was originally planed as a orderly withdrawal by Trump. Biden and his minions turned it into a near total rout!

Gazoo
Sophomore Silent
4.2.27  Gazoo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.2.26    3 weeks ago

And biden would like us to think it went as well as one could expect. Lol.

Ed-NavDoc
PhD Quiet
4.2.28  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Gazoo @4.2.27    3 weeks ago

Yep.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.29  devangelical  replied to  Dulay @4.2.24    3 weeks ago

I think biden is doing better than I expected putting out all the flaming shit-bags left on the white house porch by the previous administration.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.30  devangelical  replied to  Kathleen @4.2.23    3 weeks ago
It did not go fairly well, because we left people behind.

not a peep from the right when trump abandoned the kurds though, in fact, a concerted effort by the right to paint them all as terrorists, after they were abandoned. save the hypocrisy.

Kathleen
Professor Principal
4.2.31  Kathleen  replied to  Dulay @4.2.24    3 weeks ago

You would be better off when you realize that Biden is not fit for the White House. 

Kathleen
Professor Principal
4.2.32  Kathleen  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.2.26    3 weeks ago

I bet it doesn’t feel so good to be on the “defensive” side this time. Unfortunately, many of these things will be glossed over and pushed to be “forgotten”.  That’s the way it works though, until one of their family members get killed and then they begin to understand. 

Oh well, I am just one voice, but one voice that has the right to speak.  : )

Gazoo
Sophomore Silent
4.2.33  Gazoo  replied to  devangelical @4.2.29    3 weeks ago

Yeah, good thing he stamped out low prices, especially on gas, by getting inflation going. This helps the poor out so much. Don’t liberal claim to care about the poor? Yeah, they claim it but their actions say otherwise.  But hey, he did beg opec jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

and good thing he created the chaotic mess on the border. Drugs, human trafficking, crimes against women and children are all up because of that chaos, yay. If one supports the cartels, or sex traffickers, or criminals in general, which liberals seem to love, then ya gotta think dementia boy has done great on the border.

then there is afghanistan, what a total clusterfuck. Another yay.

and good thing his brain is swiss cheesed because the only relief he gives are the bumbling, rambling talks he gives. Such as the one about tornados used be called tornados but not anymore on the middle of the country like nevada with the wetlands. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.34  devangelical  replied to  Gazoo @4.2.33    3 weeks ago

the wheels of inflation started turning 18 months ago when your maga hero bungled the pandemic. another flaming shit-bag left on the front porch of the people's white house by trump.

1stwarrior
Professor Guide
4.2.35  1stwarrior  replied to  devangelical @4.2.30    3 weeks ago

Be nice if you actually got your facts correct - Obama abandoned the Kurds - and the rest of the ME to appease Turkey and Iran.

President Donald Trump’s critics claim that his removal of 50 US special forces from the Syrian border with Turkey enabled a Turkish invasion, and betrayed the Syrian Kurds. In fact, it was President Barack Obama who betrayed the Syrian Kurds by abandoning them to the Islamic State.

In 2011, war started in Syria after an insurrection by Syrian Sunnis against the Iranian-sponsored regime of President Bashar al Assad. And Obama responded with an empty declaration of support for Assad’s overthrow.

Obama did nothing as the regime’s atrocities mounted. He supported an irresponsible Turkish effort to raise a resistance army, dominated by Muslim Brotherhood jihadists.

Obama infamously issued his “red line” regarding Assad’s use of chemical weapons against civilians, which Obama repudiated the moment it was crossed.

In 2014, Obama at last decided to do something only after ISIS beheaded a number of American journalists and posted their decapitations on social media. But the timing was problematic; Obama was negotiating his nuclear deal with Iran that year. The real purpose of the deal was not to block Iran’s nuclear aspirations but to pivot US Middle East policy towards Iran.

Obama had no interest in harming Assad, Iran’s Syrian vassal, or in blocking Iran’s ally Russia from using the war in Syria as a means to reassert Moscow’s power in the region.

Obama structured the US campaign in a way that aligned it with Iran’s interests. He deployed about one thousand US soldiers to Syria, but greatly limited their mandate, making it impossible for the Americans to have a major effect on events in the country. They were prohibited from acting against Assad or Iran. They were tasked solely with fighting ISIS. His restrictive rules of engagement made achieving even that limited goal essentially impossible.

It was under Obama that ISIS seized the oil fields in eastern Syria and northern Iraq. But Trump expunged Obama’s draconian rules of engagement, and unleashed American Special Forces with sufficient power to wipe ISIS of the Iraqi-Syrian landmass.

The Kurds are America’s friends, but not legal allies. Whereas, Turkey is America’s legal, treaty-bound, NATO ally that has become an American foe. If Trump were to send troops to save the Kurds from the Turks, he would be castigated by Democrats and Never-Trump Republicans for destroying NATO and starting another Mideast war.

Trump made it clear, however, that America did not support the Turkish planned invasion of the border zone in Syria. He also repeatedly pledged to destroy the Turkish economy if Turkey commits atrocities against the Kurds.

Trump has spent significant part of his term in office rebuilding America’s credibility as an ally, after Obama essentially abandoned Israel, the Sunni Arabs and the Kurds.

Obama reoriented America’s Middle East policy in favor of the ayatollahs, attempting to make Iran the regional superpower. But Trump renewed America’s alliances with America’s traditional Middle East allies: Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and other Sunni Arab monarchies.

President Trump did not betray the Syrian Kurds. It was President Obama who betrayed them.

Jack_TX
Junior Quiet
4.2.36  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.22    3 weeks ago
One could just as easily argue that Biden should be given credit that the toll was so low while we evacuated 100,000 people from the country. 

Not with any credibility, one couldn't.

Other than that it was chaotic at times, I think the withdrawal from Afghanistan went fairly well.

It was an avoidable disaster.

I don't hold Biden accountable for the things he can't control, like inflation or 30,000 Haitians arriving at the border, the same way I didn't hold Trump accountable for things he couldn't control.  

But the withdrawal from Afghanistan was thoroughly botched.  We stranded thousands of Americans, tens if not hundreds of thousands of allies and left hundreds of millions of dollars worth of equipment.

It is already receding as an issue in America, as some of us predicted it would. Only the Trump supporters are trying to keep it alive as an issue. 

Given your personal fixation on a past president, the irony of this statement is enough to change the magnetic fields of the earth.

Jack_TX
Junior Quiet
4.2.37  Jack_TX  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.2.26    3 weeks ago
It was originally planed as a orderly withdrawal by Trump. Biden and his minions turned it into a near total rout!

In no universe am I buying the idea that Trump has ever planned anything orderly.  Ever.  About anything.

Biden certainly screwed the pooch on this, but it's yuuuuge leap to assume Trump had some sort of plan figured out.

Dulay
Professor Principal
4.2.38  Dulay  replied to  Kathleen @4.2.31    3 weeks ago

Obtuse.

Gazoo
Sophomore Silent
4.2.39  Gazoo  replied to  devangelical @4.2.34    3 weeks ago

Yeah, that’s why gas prices along the front range of colorado was around 2.10 to 2.15 per gallon and started rising immediately when your swiss cheesed hero took office. That comment is uneducated and full of shit. Right now flaming shit bag sits in the oval office getting his dick sucked by his loyal ass kissers.

Kathleen
Professor Principal
4.2.40  Kathleen  replied to  Dulay @4.2.38    3 weeks ago

Not a surprising response.

Jack_TX
Junior Quiet
4.2.41  Jack_TX  replied to  Kathleen @4.2.21    3 weeks ago
You have to face the facts

Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with "facts".

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.42  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @4.2.29    3 weeks ago
I think biden is doing better than I expected putting out all the flaming shit-bags left on the white house porch by the previous administration.

You expected Biden to be a good President?

Whoo Boy!!

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Principal
4.2.43  Dulay  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.2.26    3 weeks ago

What evidence do you have that Trump made ANY plans for an orderly withdrawal? There is a plethora of evidence that the SIV applicants were intentionally left hanging by Trump. NO in-person interviews [a mandate for SIV approval] were conducted in Afghanistan after Trump signed the agreement with the Taliban. NONE.

That sure as fuck doesn't sound like an 'orderly withdrawal' to me. Unless of course Trump's 'plan' was to leave the SIV applicants behind, which now seems to be the consensus.  

BTW, in-person SIV interviews resumed the second week of Biden's Presidency and Biden went to Congress to shorten the 2 year SIV application process. 

Oh and then there is the FACT that the agreement with the Taliban included the release of 5,000 prisoners, including violent criminals. They were released by Sept. 2020, the last 400 under extreme pressure from the US.

The Taliban was regrouping and conducting attacks in Pakistan as early as June 2020. By April 2021, the Taliban had taken over dozens of provinces all along the borders and were threatening dozens more. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.44  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @4.2.30    3 weeks ago
not a peep from the right when trump abandoned the kurds though, in fact, a concerted effort by the right to paint them all as terrorists, after they were abandoned. save the hypocrisy.

Please post something original that isn't a deflection--you know, if you can.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.45  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @4.2.43    3 weeks ago

Biden is the President. He is held accountable for what happens on his watch.

Biden made a mess of things in Afghanistan and on our border. Biden is a fuck-up.

Deflecting to Trump doesn't change any of those facts.

Ed-NavDoc
PhD Quiet
4.2.46  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Jack_TX @4.2.37    3 weeks ago

You have your opinion and I have mine.

Ed-NavDoc
PhD Quiet
4.2.47  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Kathleen @4.2.1    3 weeks ago

Obviously some people are not familiar with or have difficulty comprehending the words Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of The United States. Last I knew, when the president elect raises his right hand to take the Oath of Office he/she assumes that title and all responsibility thereof for said armed forces and the buck stops with them. End of story plain and simple. So yes, Biden is ultimately responsible for those 13 deaths and everything that occurred before and after, starting from the time he took office.

Ed-NavDoc
PhD Quiet
4.2.48  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Kathleen @4.2.23    3 weeks ago

Nailed it!

Dulay
Professor Principal
4.2.49  Dulay  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.2.47    3 weeks ago

Obviously Trump is one of those people since he used the excuse that he 'inherited a mess' four times in his press conference on Feb. 16, 2017:

"As you know, our administration inherited many problems across government and across the economy," he told the assembled reporters. "To be honest, I inherited a mess. It's a mess. At home and abroad, a mess. Jobs are pouring out of the country; you see what's going on with all of the companies leaving our country, going to Mexico and other places, low pay, low wages, mass instability overseas, no matter where you look. The Middle East is a disaster. North Korea -- we'll take care of it folks. We're going to take care of it all. I just want to let you know, I inherited a mess."

dennis smith
Masters Silent
4.2.50  dennis smith  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.25    3 weeks ago

Biden and Congress are sure hoping it will "just go away" It will be remembered just as the immigration issues he has made worse, his fainled handling of the pandemic, the rising cost of food, gas, etc will not be forgotten in the Nov 2022 election cycle.

dennis smith
Masters Silent
4.2.51  dennis smith  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.45    3 weeks ago

Don't forget that he shutdown the pipeline here and stopped sanctions on the Russian one. Now parts of Europe are out of oil and when they can get it delivered, the price is much higher than before. Opec gave Biden the finger when he begged for keeping prices low and increased demand.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5  seeder  Texan1211    3 weeks ago

The majority now seems to regret voting for Biden.

Hopefully, we can rein him in after the midterm shellacking the Dems will get.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @5    3 weeks ago

yeah, good luck with that, after the orange menace finishes off splitting the republican party in two. bummer.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @5.1    3 weeks ago
yeah, good luck with that, after the orange menace finishes off splitting the republican party in two. bummer.

Don't need luck when history is on your side.

A shellacking it will be, and be sure to come by for a healthy serving of crow the day after the midterms!

Say, do you want fries with your crow?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @5.1    3 weeks ago

The majority of us do not regret voting for Joe.  They seem to think were going to take a shellacking in the midterms.  If I was a betting person I would lay good money on that not being the case

GregTx
Sophomore Participates
5.1.3  GregTx  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.2    3 weeks ago

See 5.2, no doubt that the majority of Democrats don't regret their vote but I think the majority of the rest of America does....

Ed-NavDoc
PhD Quiet
5.1.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.2    3 weeks ago

And there is a better than average possibility you would lose your money.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  GregTx @5.1.3    3 weeks ago

So you're saying that more than half of Americans would vote for Trump if they could vote again, even though he tried to steal the election , incited a riot at the national capitol, tried to extort votes from the Georgia Secretary of State, and lied about the election for 10 months running.  

Wow. 

Our country must be more fucked than anyone realizes. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  GregTx @5.1.3    3 weeks ago

The trumpturd supporters, yes

Sane reasonable intelligent decent people, no.  We don't support steaming piles of shit like whatshisname

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.5    3 weeks ago

Did you see the Woodward and Costa interview on the Late Show Tuesday?

They stated that whatshisname and his supporters are the problem. They are the peril that remains.  

The big lie and those who believe it and support that worthless steaming pile of shit are the problem.

It's a global problem.

GregTx
Sophomore Participates
5.1.8  GregTx  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.5    3 weeks ago

No that's not what I said.

GregTx
Sophomore Participates
5.1.9  GregTx  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.5    3 weeks ago

GregTx
Sophomore Participates
5.2  GregTx  replied to  Texan1211 @5    3 weeks ago
While Biden's Gallup approval rating has dipped among self-described Democrats – from 98% in January to 90% today – and Republicans – from 12% to 6% – the president has lost the most traction with Americans affiliated with neither party. Gallup found 37% of independents approve of Biden's job performance, a sharp 24-point drop form his personal high of 61%. He's lost the support of two-thirds of these independent detractors in just the last three months.

Inside Biden's falling poll numbers: 5 reasons why the president's approval ratings have dropped (msn.com)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  GregTx @5.2    3 weeks ago

Yes, and history tells us that doesn't bode well for the President's party in the midterms.

Might be as high as a 40 seat swing in the House.

But we need only 5.

And some red states added seats through the census while some blue states lost some.

Easy-peasy.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  GregTx @5.2    3 weeks ago

Great post!  One that the democrats can’t respond to.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.1    3 weeks ago

Let’s go for 60 seats!  

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2.4  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.2.3    3 weeks ago

... in the mess hall at club fed.

Dulay
Professor Principal
5.3  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @5    3 weeks ago
The majority now seems to regret voting for Biden.

Where is THAT data in the poll Tex?  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @5.3    3 weeks ago

some of us have the ability to read and surmise from that reading.

Dulay
Professor Principal
5.3.2  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @5.3.1    3 weeks ago

Some of us prefer FACTS over fantasy. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.3  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @5.3.2    3 weeks ago

if you have something to say about the topic, I would like to read it.

Dulay
Professor Principal
5.3.4  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @5.3.3    3 weeks ago

I asked you a question about the topic. As per your practice, you ignored it. 

BTW Tex. you know that the seed cited in the poll doesn't say anything about Biden being an idiot right? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.5  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @5.3.4    3 weeks ago

I can't help anyone that has to be told Biden is an idiot.

Dulay
Professor Principal
5.3.6  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @5.3.5    3 weeks ago
I can't help anyone that has to be told Biden is an idiot.

I don't need any help to recognize deflection Tex. 

You know that the headline of your seed is bullshit. Just admit it. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.7  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @5.3.6    3 weeks ago

I said I couldn't help anyone who doesn't know the difference. I said nothing about deflecting.

I'll let you worry over the words in the headlines.

the article is spot on.

Dulay
Professor Principal
5.3.8  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @5.3.7    3 weeks ago
I said I couldn't help anyone who doesn't know the difference.

Actually you didn't Tex. Why lie? 

I said nothing about deflecting.

No, you deflected. 

I'll let you worry over the words in the headlines.

Oh I never expected you to have an issue with the headline of your seed being a lie Tex.  

the article is spot on.

No Tex, it's a bias RW interpretation of ONE data point in a Pew survey with a bunch of unrelated blather tacked on. In short, typical of RW discourse. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.9  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @5.3.8    3 weeks ago

if you have to be told that Biden is an idiot, I can't help you, nor am I interested in your opinion of the headline or article.

Dulay
Professor Principal
5.3.10  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @5.3.9    3 weeks ago
nor am I interested in your opinion of the headline or article.

Wow, what a difference a day makes:

if you have something to say about the topic, I would like to read it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.11  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @5.3.10    3 weeks ago

Yep, after reading your inane posts, I changed my mind.

Not interested in more bullshit.

Dulay
Professor Principal
5.3.12  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @5.3.11    3 weeks ago

My posts stating that the headline of your seed is a lie is neither insane nor bullshit Tex. Any member can review the actual poll can prove that to themselves.

The fact that your seed is predicated by a lie illustrates an utter lack of credibility. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.13  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @5.3.12    3 weeks ago

More inane bullshit.

Thanks, I have had enough if it from you.

Dulay
Professor Principal
5.3.14  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @5.3.13    3 weeks ago

Not bullshit Tex. I invite 'our readers' to judge for themselves. 

Oh and I will post as I please. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.15  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @5.3.14    3 weeks ago

All bullshit, all the time.

Sure, you can post, no one said otherwise.

I don't care, I can ignore them!

Dulay
Professor Principal
5.3.16  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @5.3.15    3 weeks ago

And not have the last word? jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.3.17  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @5.3.15    3 weeks ago

There are a couple of interesting things about the seeding of the article. 

First of all, the seeded link isnt there anymore. It seems MSN took the article down. 

Secondly, the article , which originated on the Washington Examiner, a right wing newspaper, is an opinion piece, hence the inflammatory headline. 

Normally, news articles that report poll results dont editorialize or categorize poll results in the manner this article does.  There was no poll question about Biden being an idiot, that is the writers language. 

So first of all, there is now no link for the article, and the actual article is an opinion piece and is so labeled by the Washington Examiner, but on NT is it is labeled incorrectly as NEWS. 

Majority now believe that Joe Biden is kind of an idiot: Poll | Washington Examiner

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5.3.18  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell @5.3.17    3 weeks ago
So first of all, there is no now link for the article, and the actual article is an opinion piece and is so labeled by the Washington Examiner, but on NT is it is labeled incorrectly as NEWS. 

I will fix that for accuracy. 

Ed-NavDoc
PhD Quiet
5.3.19  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @5.3.15    3 weeks ago

I don't either. That's why I already have him on ignore and have had for months.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.20  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @5.3.17    3 weeks ago

And??????

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.21  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.3.19    3 weeks ago

Great plan.

Which I will most cheerfully adopt!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.3.23  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @5.3.20    3 weeks ago

And ............. you mislabeled the seed.   And........  MSN , your source,  has taken the article down, perhaps because it is such an inaccurate headline. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.24  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @5.3.23    3 weeks ago

jrSmiley_117_smiley_image.png

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.3.25  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @5.3.24    3 weeks ago

Maybe you were sleepwalking when you seeded it. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.26  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @5.3.25    3 weeks ago

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Jack_TX
Junior Quiet
5.4  Jack_TX  replied to  Texan1211 @5    3 weeks ago
The majority now seems to regret voting for Biden. Hopefully, we can rein him in after the midterm shellacking the Dems will get.

I don't regret voting for him.  He's certainly not perfect, but I knew that going in.  He is generally a calming, non-threatening presence, and we need that in the WH.  Trump spent the majority of his time as president intentionally antagonizing half the country.  It's time for that bullshit to stop.

As I've said often, I'm a big fan of gridlock.  Gridlock ensures that the stupid, highly partisan legislation gets filtered out and only the things upon which the grownups agree get passed.  I was disappointed to see both Georgia senate seats go the way they did, especially without a recount given that the margin between victory and runoff for Perdue was less than 10k votes.

On current performance, I think Democrats have a lot of work to do if they hope to maintain a majority in either chamber.  So with any luck gridlock will soon be restored.  In the meantime, we'll have to rely on the Sane Center coalition to keep anything too stupid from happening.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5.4.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jack_TX @5.4    3 weeks ago

Jack, you stated my POV very well. I have zero regrets. I'm hoping that this country pulls aways from extremism and pulls more into the center. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.4.2  TᵢG  replied to  Jack_TX @5.4    3 weeks ago
As I've said often, I'm a big fan of gridlock.  Gridlock ensures that the stupid, highly partisan legislation gets filtered out and only the things upon which the grownups agree get passed.

Same here.   My hope for Biden was that he would serve his single term behaving as a president (i.e. being presidential) and working on boring but necessary initiatives such as true physical infrastructure.  

Unfortunately Biden is not doing this and is (not surprisingly given the nature of partisan politics) seeking massive spending, opening the border, etc.

Gridlock is our friend given the scarcity of altruistic, responsible statespersons and abundance of opportunistic career politicians.

Gazoo
Sophomore Silent
6  Gazoo    3 weeks ago

“kind of an idiot”? He was a complete idiot before his brain was swiss cheesed by old age. Now he is 110% full blown idiot

Kathleen
Professor Principal
8  Kathleen    3 weeks ago

No wonder his poll numbers are low, he is not supporting the people who are trying to control the border. He is complaining about the men on the horses... if he would have controlled the border to begin with, then there would not be any men on horses. He is upset about the men on the horses more then he was about the 13 that died because of his incompetence. 

YES, IS AN IDIOT AND NOT FIT FOR OFFICE.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
8.1  mocowgirl  replied to  Kathleen @8    3 weeks ago
if he would have controlled the border to begin with, then there would not be any men on horses.

Exactly.  Although, I don't believe that anyone is surprised that Biden opened the borders and continued the policy that has been in effect since the 1980s to boost the population of the US, weaken wages and destroy unions.  Biden was elected to do these things and also pass a sweeping amnesty to encourage even more illegal immigration.

We need policies that benefit the citizens of the US instead of Wall Street investors.  Citizens of the US need better education, more affordable higher education and universal healthcare for starters before we are castigated for not taking care of the "poor" in the rest of the world. 

Why isn't our government focusing on eradicating the poverty of our Native American populace within our own borders?  Why isn't our government focusing on eradicating the poverty and homelessness for ALL citizens of the US? 

Kathleen
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Kathleen  replied to  mocowgirl @8.1    3 weeks ago

Its frustrating that there are other issues that need  to be addressed. I agree that we need to help the folks over here first. Homeless, veterans, elderly, the poor, and children. Healthcare is another big problem. We should be focusing on the problems we face here. 

Nice to see you.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9  XXJefferson51    3 weeks ago

Kind of?  He’s a complete and total idiot.  He’s incompetent.  

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
10  bbl-1    3 weeks ago

Yeah well, when one polls idiots the outcome is usually reflective of those polled.  Sounds to me like 'the red state runs' if you get the drift.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @10    3 weeks ago

oh, so bad poll numbers just means idiots were polled?

sure explains a lot of the last 5 years.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11  XXJefferson51    3 weeks ago

Great article! So good that real cleat politics listed it today

Gsquared
Junior Principal
12  Gsquared    3 weeks ago
Majority Now Believe That Joe Biden Is Kind Of An Idiot

To the contrary, the majority know for a fact that those who believe Joe Biden is an idiot are idiots.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @12    3 weeks ago

Pee Wee Herman defense, eh?

Outstanding!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
13  XXJefferson51    3 weeks ago

05-fireman-li-1080-390x220.jpg

A.F. Branco September 27, 2021

A.F. Branco Cartoon – Fire Marshal Joe

Biden says he’s addressing the Crisis and disasters he’s created only to make them worse. Political cartoon by A.F. Branco…

Read More »