╌>

Mila Kunis Says She Bathes Her Dogs More Than Her Children

Category:  The Lighter Side/ Humor

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  3 years ago  •  32 comments

By:   Megan Falk (MSN)

Mila Kunis Says She Bathes Her Dogs More Than Her Children
The actress just added more fuel to the fire of the (apparently never-ending) celebrity bathing debate.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The infamous celebrity bathing debate has been causing a ruckus on the internet for more than two months now, but Mila Kunis isn't done stirring the pot just yet.

On yesterday's episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Kunis addressed the backlash against her and husband Ashton Kutcher's decision to bathe their kids only "if you can see the dirt on them," joking, "We bathe our dogs, does that make people happy?" When DeGeneres asked if Kunis washes her dogs more often than her kids, the That '70s Show actress firmly stated, "Fact."

"We don't bathe our children very often, and/or ourselves," Kunis continued. "I shower every day, but I don't wash my hair every day — I don't find that to be a necessity. My intent every day is to bathe my children. I wake up every day and I'm like, 'Today, I'm going to shower my kids,' and then bedtime happens, and I forgot to feed them." (Wait, what happens when you stop showering, anyway?)

Kunis and Kutcher first made headlines over their family's bathing routines back in July, when the couple appeared on Dax Shepard's podcast, Armchair Expert. During the episode, Kunis explained that she doesn't wash her "body with soap every day," while Kutcher said he washes his "armpits and crotch daily and nothing else ever." But the revelation that riled up the internet was that the couple "cleans" their children — six-year-old Wyatt and four-year-old Dimitri — only "if you can see the dirt on them," said Kutcher. "Otherwise, there's no point." (Related: Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher Respond to the Celebrity Bathing Debate In a Hilarious New Video)

© Getty Images The actress just added more fuel to the fire of the (apparently never-ending) celebrity bathing debate.

In response to those contentious comments, fellow celebs began sharing their own hot takes on bathing. Kristen Bell, for instance, confessed on The View that she's "a big fan of waiting for the stink" on her children, which she sees as a "biology's way of letting you know you need to clean it up." Jake Gyllenhall also revealed to Vanity Fair that "more and more I find bathing to be less necessary," while Cardi B tweeted a message of opposition, saying "Wassup with people saying they don't shower? It's giving itchy."

Despite the controversy, which she calls "so dumb," Kunis is sticking by her parenting decision. "There's a body of water that they touch just about every day, almost every other day," she told DeGeneres. "Sometimes it's the pool, sometimes it's a sprinkler — it just depends. It's COVID. It was like, 'Who's showering in COVID?' We didn't leave the house. Who cares?"

FTR, abandoning what was once seen as basic hygiene isn't just some celebrity wellness trend. A recent YouGov survey found that 17 percent of Brits are showering less often than they were before the pandemic, and in a new Degree survey, nearly 70 percent of Americans admitted to intentionallynot using deodorant over the past year because they weren't going to see other people. And those stats beg the question: Who are you to judge?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

Be honest.  What's the longest you went without showering and/or changing jammies during the pandemic lockdown?

My personal best:  4 days.  Same jammies, no showers.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

Unnnn....during the lockdown the only day I didn't shower was Sunday because I still had to go to work every day

When I broke my ankle and was laid up for a few months I probably took a shower 3X a week just because it was a hassle and I wasn't going anywhere but back to my bed

Veronica
Professor Guide
1.2  Veronica  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

2 days.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

I think all of us grew up with the idea that people NEED to shower or bathe every day. 

It seems like in recent years there has been the development of a conflicting belief that every few days is fine. 

Both sides have their rationale or evidence. 

I think it is more or less personal preference as long as deodorant is still in working existence. 

I dont think that people who dont shower every day and admit it should automatically come under criticism or ridicule. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago
My personal best:  4 days.  Same jammies, no showers.

I've tried that...but Mr Giggles frowned upon it. Did you at least brush your teeth?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

The only time I have gone more than 2 days without a shower was if I were on field training in the Army.  I had to settle for washing from a bucket with cold water.  I always took dry shampoo with me and it would hold me over.  The only other time was when I had typhoid and was so sick that all I did was sleep for a week.  I was finally wheeled into the shower and took one while in a wheel chair.  I was already pretty much a recluse when the lock down happened so I still showered almost every day, sometimes twice as I was doing a lot of home improvement projects.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.5.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.5    3 years ago

How in the world did you get typhoid? Were you deployed when you got it?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.5.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.5    3 years ago

When I was in Alaska, once a year we did a medical "red flag". It was over a 3 day weekend and we learned basic first aid, body carrys, litter carrys, etc. The last day was our mass casualty exercise and when the helicopters came in with the patients it would whip up the dust and dirt. Since we didn't take showers from Friday - Sunday and didn't change uniforms (even slept in them) we all got pretty disgusting. When I got back to the barracks I took a 30 minute shower and used almost a 1/2 bottle of shampoo

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.5.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.5.1    3 years ago

I got it while working in a lab while stationed in SF (Letterman Army Medical Center).  It could have been worse though.  I was also working with Legionnaires Disease specimens at the time.  The shot I got in BCT did not protect me from the strain I got.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.5.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.5.3    3 years ago

That's good! What level of containment were you working in?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.5.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.5.4    3 years ago

No level.  No one thought it was necessary.  I also had a cast on one arm and they think I may have brushed against one of the open specimens without realizing it.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.5.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.5.5    3 years ago

Did they change their tune after you contracted typhoid? At least wearing a flimsy all in one (you know what I'm talking abuot)

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.5.7  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.5.6    3 years ago

Nope.  They blamed me.  In fact, a few years later at another station we got our mandatory infectious disease lecture.  By coincidence, my case was mentioned and I asked if they had the name of the person.  She did and that was when she noticed my name tag.  I supplied her with info the Army conveniently left out to make me look bad.  She later sent me an updated report and this time, my ex commander had to take the heat.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.5.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.5.7    3 years ago

Good!

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.6  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

13 days. texas power grid failure last february. no reliable or safe water until 5 days after the power came back on. bathtub full of water to flush the toilet taken from the complex swimming pool. meh, I don't think I got very gamey.

second best 7 days. 1 month free netflix. my sister recommended the series "dexter" to me. I binge watch all 96 episodes. interrupted only by cooking, sleeping, and bathroom breaks. I cancelled netflix, right after I binge watched the soprano's...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.6.1  Sparty On  replied to  devangelical @1.6    3 years ago
I don't think I got very gamey.

The one who stinks rarely does .....

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.6.2  devangelical  replied to  Sparty On @1.6.1    3 years ago

I'll yield to your subject specific expertise.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.6.3  Sparty On  replied to  devangelical @1.6.2    3 years ago

Good idea stinky ......

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.6.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  devangelical @1.6    3 years ago

I love Dexter.  He was married at one time to his co star.

Professor Guide
1.6.5  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @1.6    3 years ago
no reliable or safe water

I forgot about the unsafe water thing.  Y'all had it much worse on the coast than we did here.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.7  Greg Jones  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

8 days.  But  I was in  the hospital with Covid.

Professor Guide
1.7.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Greg Jones @1.7    3 years ago
But  I was in  the hospital with Covid.

I'll admit that's a fairly decent excuse.  My four days came when we had a foot of ice and snow and no electricity, so it was like our lockdown was on lockdown.  We decided to ride out the storm in Cancun, but all the flights were booked...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2  Sparty On    3 years ago

Unless i've worked out and/or worked up a sweat working in the yard i've never been a shower every day person.   I normally shower 4-5 times a week but during the Pandemic i think i made 4-5 days at the longest.   

Pretty stanky after that ..... 

For kids too young to clean themselves it was the same thing.   4-5 bathes per week unless serious blowouts added more.   Sometimes those made it more like 10-15 bathes per week.  ;-)

I dated a gal back in the day that didn't feel right if she didn't shower at least three times a day ...... very weird  ......

zuksam
Junior Silent
2.1  zuksam  replied to  Sparty On @2    3 years ago
I dated a gal back in the day that didn't feel right if she didn't shower at least three times a day

That means hair and makeup three times a day. If you had stayed with her you would have never been on time for anything your whole life.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  zuksam @2.1    3 years ago

My gal is exceptional in that regard.   She hardly ever makes us late  ..... bonus points for sure

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3  Just Jim NC TttH    3 years ago

20 days. 16 in the hospital, 4 at home before I was strong enough to get into and out of the shower and then had to use a chair in the tub to do that..

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

I think Ms Kunis is having a laugh at everybody's expense. She always came across as a prankster to me, tho I don't know for sure. She probably made a joke during that podcast but now has to keep the gag going

Kavika
Professor Principal
5  Kavika     3 years ago

Our pet gator, Snuggles, bathed every day during the pandemic. 

gator-DMID1-5iesbpcu9-1280x720.jpg

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @5    3 years ago

Good name for a man-eating beast

Professor Guide
5.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Kavika @5    3 years ago

Holy shit.

Ender
Professor Principal
6  Ender    3 years ago

I think the longest I have gone was a week. But I wasn't working at the time and jumped in the pool every day...

Kavika
Professor Principal
7  Kavika     3 years ago

No time for bathing on patrol, just get wet in the river/pond/swamp.