╌>

TRUMP PAC FIRES COREY LEWANDOWSKI FOR ALLEGEDLY BEING AS BIG A SLEAZEBAG AS THE EX-PRESIDENT

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  hallux  •  3 years ago  •  8 comments

By:   BESS LEVIN - VANITY FAIR

TRUMP PAC FIRES COREY LEWANDOWSKI FOR ALLEGEDLY BEING AS BIG A SLEAZEBAG AS THE EX-PRESIDENT
According to his accuser, the longtime Trump aide grabbed her legs and butt, stalked her throughout the evening, and threw a drink at her when she rebuffed his advances

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

One thing you’ve no doubt picked up on over the last five or so years is that   Donald Trump   almost exclusively   surrounds himself with scumbags , despite   bold claims   to the contrary. More than half a dozen of his advisers have been   indicted on federal charges , and that doesn‘t even count people like   Rudy Giuliani,   who is   under investigation for his Ukraine dealings ; his son-in-law’s father who he   pardoned   for   illegal campaign contributions, tax evasion, and witness tampering ; Jeffrey Epstein, who Trump previously   palled around with   and told   New York   was a “terrific guy” and “a lot of fun to be with”; and so many others.

One of those other people is   Corey Lewandowski,   who served as Trump’s original campaign manager before being   fired   in June 2016   after   “a series of incidents that the Trump family worried had cast the candidate in a negative light,” presumably including forcibly   grabbing   a reporter by the arm and a protester   by the collar ,   reportedly   calling a coworker a “fucking bitch,” and screaming at a staffer for visiting his dying grandmother as her Last Rites were being administered. Like a moth to a flame, though, Trump couldn’t stay away and, according to   The New York Times,   just one month later was “reaching out to Mr. Lewandowski again, and he was soon back in the fold.” In the ensuing years, Lewandowski cemented his reputation as a thoroughly despicable human being, from   mocking   a migrant girl with Down syndrome who had been taken from her mother thanks to the administration’s family separation policy to, according to a police complaint,   slapping   a woman on the butt at a party at Trump’s D.C. hotel. (It’s unclear what became of that complaint.)

All of which was apparently fine and dandy with Trump and company, given that, until earlier this week Lewandowski was   serving   as the chairman of the MAGA Action PAC. On Wednesday, though, he was once again fired, this time for allegedly making unwanted sexual advances toward a Trump donor. Per the   Politico :

Trashelle Odom,  the wife of Idaho construction executive John Odom, alleges that Lewandowski repeatedly touched her, including on her leg and buttocks, and spoke to her in sexually graphic terms. Odom said that Lewandowski “stalked” her throughout the evening. Four people who were first-hand witnesses at the event corroborated Odom’s allegations. Politico also spoke with two people—one who was at the event and another who was not—who described conversations they had with Odom about the incidents immediately after they happened.

“On the evening of September 26 in Las Vegas, Nevada, I attended a dinner to support a charity and spend time with wonderful friends,” Odom said in a statement to Politico. “He repeatedly touched me inappropriately, said vile and disgusting things to me, stalked me, and made me feel violated and fearful,” she said, referring to Lewandowski.

According to a statement provided by an Odom family attorney to Politico, Lewandowski allegedly “remarked on the size of his genitalia, described his sexual performance and showed Odom his hotel room key.“ Attendees also said they saw him getting physical with her.

“Mrs. Odom stated that over the course of the dinner, Mr. Lewandowski tried to hold her hand, and she pushed his hand away. He touched her leg, and she moved it away. He grabbed her napkin off her lap and tried to touch her leg again, and she pulled her dress over her leg, to move his hand away and cover her skin,” Odom’s lawyer wrote in the statement. “He touched her back and she tried to get away,” the statement continued. “He described an area where he was sore from a workout, on the side of his butt, but he demonstrated this by touching her there—on the upper side of her rear end. Lewandowski tried to touch her approximately 10 times, and Mrs. Odom always rebuffed him.”

Odom then reportedly left the room but Lewandowski followed her, allegedly remarking that she had a “nice ass,” according to both the attorney’s statement and another attendee who heard the comment. The lawyer added that Lewandowski “threw his drink at Mrs. Odom, and it landed all over her shoe and the bottom of her dress,” and “called her stupid.” Lewandowski also allegedly boasted to Odom that he is “very powerful and can destroy anyone,” which sure sounds like something someone in Trump’s orbit would say.

Mr. Lewandowski has not commented on the allegations, and his lawyer, David Chesnoff,   told  the  Times  that “accusations and rumor appear to be morphing by the minute and we will not dignify them with a further response.” In a statement,  Taylor Budowich,  a spokesperson for Trump, said, “Corey Lewandowski will be going on to other endeavors and we very much want to thank him for his service. He will no longer be associated with Trump World.” He added that  Pam Bondi,  a former Florida attorney general and Trump adviser will now oversee the PAC.

As for whether or not Lewandowski has actually been permanently banned from Trumpworld, the   Times   notes that it’s not at all certain, given how quickly he was brought back into the fold after being fired in 2016. Aides to the ex-president insist that this time is “different, particularly because it involves a donor to the former president.” On the other hand, Trump himself has been   accused   by more than two dozen women of equally vile behavior, so perhaps it’ll soon be water under the bridge. (Trump, of course, has denied everything.)

In other Lewandowski news, it appears that man has been busy. Per   The   Washington Post :

South Dakota Gov.  Kristi L. Noem  (R) on Wednesday dismissed a conservative media outlet’s claim that she is having an extramarital affair with Corey Lewandowski, a former Trump adviser who is also advising Noem. “These rumors are total garbage and a disgusting lie,” Noem said in a tweet. “These old, tired attacks on conservative women are based on a falsehood that we can’t achieve anything without a man’s help. I love Bryon. I’m proud of the God-fearing family we’ve raised together. Now I’m getting back to work.”

A conservative website, American Greatness, published a piece Tuesday claiming that, according to “multiple” sources, Noem has been having an affair with Lewandowski “for months.” The website did not identify any of the sources.

Lewandowski does not appear to have commented about the alleged affair. On Thursday, Noem  announced  that she would no longer be working with him following Odom’s sexual harassment claims. Lewandowski had become an adviser to Noem in recent months as she began laying the groundwork for a possible 2024 presidential run. “Corey was always a volunteer, never paid a dime (campaign or official),”  Ian Fury,  Noem’s communications director, said in a statement. “He will not be advising the governor in regard to the campaign or official office.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hallux
Masters Principal
1  seeder  Hallux    3 years ago

Not only did Donald know the 'best' people he also knew the best sleazebags and those were the ones he hired. And this includes Pam Bondi!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1  Split Personality  replied to  Hallux @1    3 years ago

The ones with the best tea bags or genitalia?

Or are they the same in certain company?

So confusing.

Corey Lewdandowski is just the happy funny version of Stephen Miller  2 pricks in a bucket of hate and misogyny

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Hallux @1    3 years ago

If he threw a drink at me, he would need a proctologist to remove the glass.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     3 years ago

Well if she hadn't been a big donor to Trump this behavior would have been accepted, but money talks even with scum bags.

I think that he and Noem make a perfect pair. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

"I know only the best sexual predators."  DJT (Kinda)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Why do I have the feeling he's a belligerent alcoholic?  I thought this clown was running for office in New Hampshire or wherever he comes from. He must have lost. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5  bbl-1    3 years ago

Another day in MAGA Land.  Oh, and send money too.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6  Sparty On    3 years ago

Here we go again in triggered USA.

Where it IS still innocent until proven guilty ..... mostly.

In triggered USA you are guilty first if related somehow to Trump.  

A very childish and sophomoric sentiment .......